Options

smughack: bulk zoom thumbnail (super deluxe version)

Comments

• Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    you're so new age.

i agree about tables for layout...but sometimes if it works....
    Hey BWG, I notice that dev is off line at the momnet. Could you or Mike take a look at my post above #91.
    I'm still having issues with the bulk zoom. And they are getting worse
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    Hey BWG, I notice that dev is off line at the momnet. Could you or Mike take a look at my post above #91.
    I'm still having issues with the bulk zoom. And they are getting worse

Hi Anthony, the BZ Thumbnail is a hack, that means that support is given on an as available basis by our volunteer hackers and helpers. I'm sure that they'll get to you, but also remember that their first priority is helping folks on basic stuff - you remember - just like when you started out customizing - there's a lot of folks that need that same help.

BTW, for those that are reading this, that goes the same for Slideshow hack, and any CSS tricks, too thumb.gif

My best advice is to trash the BZ code, start again, following the instructions carefully and closely. Be sure you have originals on in the gallery you are trying this on, and put the gallery in all thumbs view. Oh, try it on like, 20 images in a gallery first, before you try it on 200 mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Anthony, the BZ Thumbnail is a hack, that means that support is given on an as available basis by our volunteer hackers and helpers. I'm sure that they'll get to you, but also remember that their first priority is helping folks on basic stuff - you remember - just like when you started out customizing - there's a lot of folks that need that same help.

BTW, for those that are reading this, that goes the same for Slideshow hack, and any CSS tricks, too thumb.gif

My best advice is to trash the BZ code, start again, following the instructions carefully and closely. Be sure you have originals on in the gallery you are trying this on, and put the gallery in all thumbs view. Oh, try it on like, 20 images in a gallery first, before you try it on 200 mwink.gif

I guess we think alike. I've done all you said. Actually have trash and redone the code 3 times. No dice. Originals is on, protection is off. Still getting an error. Can not get ANY to work I get an error every time...
    I bumped this up to get it on the to do list for the helpful folks here.
    Andy...you can see my site while logged in. Take a look at the page when you get time. Just to see the mess I have. Thanks, I'll go wait my turn...1drink.gif
  • Options
    dbooth80dbooth80 Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    Problems Here too
    **CORRECTION**

I'm also having some problems getting the hack to work. I have placed the three codes in the correct sections, made sure that originals are available, and am working in all thumbs mode. But the check box for "bulk zoom" is just NOT available for me when I try to make the edits.

Any suggestions?

www.viewingbooth.com
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2006
    Here's what I'm getting on the page....60998908-M.jpg

If I click the right button the page reloads and nothing happens. If I click the left button the page reloads over and over and gives me the error that originals must be enabled. But they are. I even turned off the protection and removed the other protect layer in the head tag. No dice...
    I have selected all and pasted the 3 pieces 3 different times... each tiem making sure to put it in the correct palce and making sure to copy ALL the code.

Does it matter if the code is put in the java box 1st last or in the middle? How about the other code placement in relation to other code?
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 21, 2006
    Here's what I'm getting on the page....
    anthony, seriously. chill out.

we all see your posts. posting the same thing over and over again is not going to make someone get back to you any faster. I know you're trying to provide information, but you're repeating yourself. If one of us needs clarification, we'll ask.

Dev doesnt look like he's around and honestly, i just dont feel like looking into it tonight. I've got other things that I need to work on.

relax, go have a pint or something. we'll get you fixed up, no worries.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    anthony, seriously. chill out.

we all see your posts. posting the same thing over and over again is not going to make someone get back to you any faster. I know you're trying to provide information, but you're repeating yourself. If one of us needs clarification, we'll ask.

Dev doesnt look like he's around and honestly, i just dont feel like looking into it tonight. I've got other things that I need to work on.

relax, go have a pint or something. we'll get you fixed up, no worries.
    Talk about a "bee in the bonet." I know I must wait my turn. I also know I can be annoying. I was only trying to provide full info on the issue. Maybe I should have just editted my 1st post. I did not think of that at the time. Sorry. I'll go back to my corner and wait now.:cry
    Thanks for all the help you all provide.
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2006
    Talk about a "bee in the bonet." I know I must wait my turn. I also know I can be annoying. I was only trying to provide full info on the issue. Maybe I should have just editted my 1st post. I did not think of that at the time. Sorry. I'll go back to my corner and wait now.:cry
    Thanks for all the help you all provide.

anthony, it looks like there is a SM bug that is the culprit...

i posted info in this thread

hopefully when they get that fixed you'll be fixed too.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    anthony, it looks like there is a SM bug that is the culprit...

i posted info in this thread

hopefully when they get that fixed you'll be fixed too.
    2 questions...
    1. Anytimeline on the fix from SM?
    2. Is my issue due to the bug combined with other code that I am using? It seems like others (Andy included) have gotten there BZ working, that's why I ask. Seems the bug does not effect us all...

I'd like to add one more thought...if I could, for Andy, your BZ works right? And it seems I have many of the code item hacks you do...did you have issues getting it (the BZ) to work? Are are you currently having any issues due to the SM upgrades?
    I'm just trying to figure out if MY code hacks are causing the issue while I await some resolution from SM which I'm not sure will cure the issue and which I'm not sure will come anytime soon...
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 23, 2006
    Hi All,

Sorry I haven't been online....got put on a project for work at last minute.

I won't have time to look into things until the weekend.

If people want to solve the duplicate checkbox issue temporarily, they can move this line of code....

addEvent(window, "load", addBulkThumbnail);

from the javascript block into the footer enclosed in a script block.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    Hi All,

If people want to solve the duplicate checkbox issue temporarily, they can move this line of code....

Cheers,

David

Thanks David, That got rid of the double loading of the function. I guess I can hold out until the weekend to figure out how to make this work.
    I'm still getting the error that originals have to be enabled. But mine are....ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2006
    Of course while the guys are working out the kinks you could simply be using the standard method of squaring up your thumbs.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2006
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Of course while the guys are working out the kinks you could simply be using the standard method of squaring up your thumbs.
    Yes I could. But there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many to do.
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2006
    Yes I could. But there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many to do.

Well it'll keep your hands busy for a while so you don't alienate your helpers mwink.gif

• Options
    edited March 23, 2006
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Well it'll keep your hands busy for a while so you don't alienate your helpers mwink.gif

I never claimed that you were aliens? Did I?ne_nau.gif
    I crack myself uprolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif1drink.gif
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 23, 2006
    dev et al, great code here - you hackers really come up with cool stuff!

In case it is of any debugging help, I also had the problem with originals. The code worked great (off page 1) in one gallery, but in the next I had forgotten originals weren't allowed, so it borked. The error box said "unable to access originals" and had an OK button. I clicked ok many, many times and it went away. I changed my gallery settings and tried again. It borked again, same error message, but this time, I couldn't OK it away. After about a thousand clicks on OK, i gave up. But FF(winxp) was totally disabled by it, so I had to have task manager do a hard end task.

It now seems to work, but I haven't tested out another gallery where I forgot originals yet. ne_nau.gif

I'm staying tuned, great suff here - thanks!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited March 23, 2006
    Mike Lane wrote:
    I think I figured out my problem....maybe....could it be that the files I'm trying to use the BZ on are too small? I cropped them before uploading them. I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but It never seemed to get a yes or no answer as to if this would be an issue.
    I tried another, uncropped, set and the BZ seems to work. I'll have to investigate more later....
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2006
    I think I figured out my problem....maybe....could it be that the files I'm trying to use the BZ on are too small? I cropped them before uploading them. I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but It never seemed to get a yes or no answer as to if this would be an issue.
    I tried another, uncropped, set and the BZ seems to work. I'll have to investigate more later....

ne_nau.gif Try cropping them without using the BZT to see if it works.

• Options
    edited March 23, 2006
    Mike Lane wrote:
    ne_nau.gif Try cropping them without using the BZT to see if it works.
    I took your advice. Here's the funny thing. All the galleries in "My Portfolio" would zoom using the SM version (one at a time) But get an error w/ the BZT. The other galleries, ALL of them, worked w/ the BZT. Go figure...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2006
    Wow! Cool hack. This is a feature I've been wanting for a while. Just gave it a try and it is a LOT easier than the single zoom method. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2006
    ok...i got around to looking at the code.

I made some minor modifications to the javascript file. Can someone who was having trouble please try this....and report back.

Thanks,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    ok...i got around to looking at the code.

I made some minor modifications to the javascript file. Can someone who was having trouble please try this....and report back.

Thanks,

David
    Is the updated code on page 1 of this thread? Do I need to replace all 3 parts of the code?
    I can try it out later.
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2006
    Is the updated code on page 1 of this thread?
    yes
    Do I need to replace all 3 parts of the code?
    I can try it out later.
    No, just javascript block
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2006
    sorry dev, I can't help. I just tried to make the change and I think I majorly screwed something. for some reason my account won't accept any customization changes at the moment. it keeps telling me in big red letters: "there was a problem in updating your customization settings"

maybe cuz I left my control panel up and logged in at home?
    headscratch.gif

i'm sure someone can test it out before I get home to figure out what the heck I did. but thanks for the update!
    Erik

• Options
    edited March 24, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    sorry dev, I can't help. I just tried to make the change and I think I majorly screwed something. for some reason my account won't accept any customization changes at the moment. it keeps telling me in big red letters: "there was a problem in updating your customization settings"

maybe cuz I left my control panel up and logged in at home?
    headscratch.gif

i'm sure someone can test it out before I get home to figure out what the heck I did. but thanks for the update!

smugmug is jacked UP! at the moment. try again when things settle down.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    smugmug is jacked UP! at the moment. try again when things settle down.
    a ha. i always figure it's me lol3.gif
    Erik

• Options
    edited March 24, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    yes

Should I remove the script tagged piece from the footer....the temp. fix code?
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    yes

The event is still loading twice. But once I moved...

to the footer again the BZT worked fine even on the galleries that it caused an error on last night. So...much better....
  • Options
    OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    Hi All,

Cheers,

David

Hey David - I added your new javascript code and I'm getting the 2 boxes - so I'm trying to follow your instructions here to fix that problem.

I am not too sure what "enclosed in a script block" means or what I need to do.

Thanks for your help.

Ryan
    Ryan Oakley - www.ryanoakleyphotography.ca [My smugmug site]
    www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
    Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2006
    Oakley wrote:
    Hey David - I added your new javascript code and I'm getting the 2 boxes - so I'm trying to follow your instructions here to fix that problem.

I am not too sure what "enclosed in a script block" means or what I need to do.

Thanks for your help.

Ryan
    remove this line from the java script....

add it to the footer box

put code in like this...<*script> addEvent(window, "load", addBulkThumbnail);<*/script>

with out the *'s
This discussion has been closed.