Options

SmugMug Bug Reporting

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2007
    Lex wrote:
    anybody seen the lower menu bar get slapped mid page across images before? Like this? I will not leave this image in my gallery long. I did escelate to real person using help, but no definitive answer, just a suggestion to clear my cache.

138071724-M-1.jpg

http://fotogafer.smugmug.com/gallery/2616763#138071724-L-LB

Hi Lex, I'll investigate - But I need to know what gallery on you site it was in. Also, was it only for the carbonite theme or was it with any theme? ear.gif
  • Options
    LexLex Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Lex, I'll investigate - But I need to know what gallery on you site it was in. Also, was it only for the carbonite theme or was it with any theme? ear.gif

Andy, I primarily use the carbon theme. I did try a couple of pages in alternate theme s far. I'll pay close attention to make sure it is only carbon if it happens again. I've seen it a few times, and as I may have said on 2 different computers.

I am still learning Andy, and I am not sure if the URL is the SAME for me being logged in on my computer looking at my site with my edit control panel buttons visible, as if someone that is NOT me is looking at my site. Make sense?

But as myself logged in, the page above this occured on is:

http://fotogafer.smugmug.com/gallery/2590410#136519242

When I posted that link to firefox NOT logged in, the menu bar was at bottom where it belongs.

I did see this menu bar mid page again while logged into my account at home this time, and when I made the JPG listed above, was at work, so it's something tied to my account, a theme, an image size, text description? something I "think"...

thanks Andy.
    Doug
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2007
    Lex wrote:
    Andy, I primarily use the carbon theme. I did try a couple of pages in alternate theme s far. I'll pay close attention to make sure it is only carbon if it happens again. I've seen it a few times, and as I may have said on 2 different computers.

I am still learning Andy, and I am not sure if the URL is the SAME for me being logged in on my computer looking at my site with my edit control panel buttons visible, as if someone that is NOT me is looking at my site. Make sense?

But as myself logged in, the page above this occured on is:

http://fotogafer.smugmug.com/gallery/2590410#136519242

When I posted that link to firefox NOT logged in, the menu bar was at bottom where it belongs.

I did see this menu bar mid page again while logged into my account at home this time, and when I made the JPG listed above, was at work, so it's something tied to my account, a theme, an image size, text description? something I "think"...

thanks Andy.
    Doug
    Hi Doug, we're looking into it. I can't replicate with IE7 on your site, logged in, or logged out :(
  • Options
    LexLex Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Doug, we're looking into it. I can't replicate with IE7 on your site, logged in, or logged out :(

Thanks Andy, I wish I could do something else to help, but I don't know what else to do. IF I see it on another page, I will tell you...

I'm a power user in general on computers, so it's not a serious issue, but just an annoyance more than anything, and I am sure if not unique to me though, you all would still prefer to locate the issue.

thanks,
    Doug
  • Options
    nickphoto123nickphoto123 Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2007
    Can not create gallery
    Hello Andy,

I get my create gallery screen, but there is no place to submit.

Nicholas
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2007
    Hello Andy,

I get my create gallery screen, but there is no place to submit.

Nicholas
    From where are you creating a gallery, Nick? Give a link, please. Also, what browser and version are you using?
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    From where are you creating a gallery, Nick? Give a link, please. Also, what browser and version are you using?

I use IE, can't locate version.

create a new photo gallery

Theme Preview

No Preview Available
    default.jpgajax_green_rot.gif

The Create galley input boxes ar super imposed on this image..

THIS IS WHAT I SEE.

I CANT PRINT THE SCREEN.

I am creating the gallery from my home page.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2007

Nick, it's help>about that will tell you the version.
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2007

create a new photo gallery

Theme Preview

No Preview Available
    default.jpgajax_green_rot.gif

The Create galley input boxes ar super imposed on this image..

THIS IS WHAT I SEE.

I CANT PRINT THE SCREEN.

I am creating the gallery from my home page.

Thanks

Nick, are you saying you don't see the "Create Gallery" button?
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Nick, it's help>about that will tell you the version.

IE Version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.061219.0316
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2007
    IE Version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.061219.0316
    OK Nick, please clear your temp files, and log out, close the browser, reopen, and log back in and let us know.

Thanks.

PS: Can you try an alternate browser, just to see what's going on there - we LOVE Firefox, it's free from http://www.mozilla.com --

Let us know!
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    OK Nick, please clear your temp files, and log out, close the browser, reopen, and log back in and let us know.

Thanks.

PS: Can you try an alternate browser, just to see what's going on there - we LOVE Firefox, it's free from http://www.mozilla.com --

Let us know!

Hi Andy, Did as you requested. Same problem.

Why would Theme be mixed in with New category?

I downloaded Moxilla but am reluctant to change my system for a problem that seems to be on your side. This never happened before.

I was able to upload and move images between galleries after this problem occured.

Nicholas
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2007
    Hi Andy, Did as you requested. Same problem.

Why would Theme be mixed in with New category?

I downloaded Moxilla but am reluctant to change my system for a problem that seems to be on your side. This never happened before.

I was able to upload and move images between galleries after this problem occured.

Nicholas

UPDATE UPDATE

Hello again Andy,

I went through my pop-up blocker and added the exact url that shows in my browzer after I click on create gallery.
    I went to my home page, clicked create gallery and the Create Gallery button displayed and worked. I created a test gallery.

Thanks for always being ready to help, i really, really appreciate it.

Goodnight,

Nicholas
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2007
    UPDATE UPDATE

Hello again Andy,

I went through my pop-up blocker and added the exact url that shows in my browzer after I click on create gallery.
    I went to my home page, clicked create gallery and the Create Gallery button displayed and worked. I created a test gallery.

Thanks for always being ready to help, i really, really appreciate it.

Goodnight,

Nicholas
    thumb.gif
  • Options
    bratsscrappybratsscrappy Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    Captions
    Why do the captions of my photos all say Olympus Digital Camera?? Can I change that to show the filename?
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2007
    Why do the captions of my photos all say Olympus Digital Camera?? Can I change that to show the filename?
    Hi brat, it's because some makers put the makernote (Olympus Digital Camera) in the wrong place. You have two options:

1) change the captions on your end with something like Photoshop

2) use our bulk captioning tool:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/web-photo-album

I hope this helps, holler back if you have more questions.
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi brat, it's because some makers put the makernote (Olympus Digital Camera) in the wrong place. You have two options:

1) change the captions on your end with something like Photoshop

2) use our bulk captioning tool:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/web-photo-album

I hope this helps, holler back if you have more questions.

In the bulk captioning, I couldnt figure out how to have it parse to the file name. Probably can't. Is there some way to force the viewer to ignore the caption field and show the file name. If there is no caption it would do that. correct?
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2007
    In the bulk captioning, I couldnt figure out how to have it parse to the file name. Probably can't. Is there some way to force the viewer to ignore the caption field and show the file name. If there is no caption it would do that. correct?
    Correct... if you have that checked "yes" in gallery customization.
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Correct... if you have that checked "yes" in gallery customization.

I have it checked but, since there is something in the caption it doesn't show the file name. Is there a way to fool it into beleiving there is nothing in the caption?
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2007
    I have it checked but, since there is something in the caption it doesn't show the file name. Is there a way to fool it into beleiving there is nothing in the caption?
    Give me a link so I can sort you out :D
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Give me a link so I can sort you out :D

http://bratsscrappy.smugmug.com/gallery/2532921#133103605

Thanks

Sooooo confused
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2007
    See, look here:
    http://bratsscrappy.smugmug.com/gallery/2532921/1/133103605#133103605

and you can see the file name, now that I removed the caption.

OK?
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    See, look here:
    http://bratsscrappy.smugmug.com/gallery/2532921/1/133103605#133103605

and you can see the file name, now that I removed the caption.

OK?

Brilliant!!! At least until Olymus changes something else.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    Using bulk caption add <> in every caption. Smug thinks there's a caption
    but the <> doesn't display so all he caption will be blank.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    GuzGuz Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 2, 2007
    RSS Feed
    I subscribed to my recent galleries feed and it shows all of my galleries. According to the help page it's only supposed to show the most recent 10, which seems more useful (is December 2005 recent?)

I'm using Firefox 2, is this the way everyone else sees it too?
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 2, 2007
    Guz wrote:
    I subscribed to my recent galleries feed and it shows all of my galleries. According to the help page it's only supposed to show the most recent 10, which seems more useful (is December 2005 recent?)

I'm using Firefox 2, is this the way everyone else sees it too?

Hi Guz,

Welcome to dgrin wave.gif

I think the documentation might be wrong, by default 100 results are returned for the feeds. The default can be modified to 10 by adding the following the the feed URL...

&ImageCount=10

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    renstarrenstar Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2007
    Photo Info / Exif Issue
    The new photo info thing doesn't seem to work with different URL structures. For instance

http://renstar.smugmug.com/gallery/2657204/18/

and

http://renstar.smugmug.com/gallery/2657204/18/140715405

give different results. The first doesn't read any info at all (even the photo size). This is weird as it is much easier for me to link the 18th photo in the gallery than the 18/whatevernumberthatis.

-Russ
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2007
    renstar wrote:
    The new photo info thing doesn't seem to work with different URL structures. For instance

http://renstar.smugmug.com/gallery/2657204/18/

and

http://renstar.smugmug.com/gallery/2657204/18/140715405

give different results. The first doesn't read any info at all (even the photo size). This is weird as it is much easier for me to link the 18th photo in the gallery than the 18/whatevernumberthatis.

-Russ
    Russ, not a bug. The 2nd of your two links is the only valid link of the two you gave.
  • Options
    renstarrenstar Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Russ, not a bug. The 2nd of your two links is the only valid link of the two you gave.

Then the first link shouldnt go to a photo, as it stands, that is buggy behavior one way or the other.

While I'm at it, make that a feature request.. hell of alot easier to get to the nth image in a gallery that way..
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2007
    renstar wrote:
    Then the first link shouldnt go to a photo, as it stands, that is buggy behavior one way or the other.

While I'm at it, make that a feature request.. hell of alot easier to get to the nth image in a gallery that way..
    Sure, if you like, put it in the feature request thread, no problemo thumb.gif
This discussion has been closed.