Options

smugmug shoot-out at yosemite

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    Honestly confused
    andy wrote:
    i'd strongly recommend subscribing to this thread. when i post the info, the first folks that come forward with confirmations ($$$) will be in.
    andy
    I did subscribe:-), but.. can you elaborate your last sentence, please? I thought it's kinda open group, and now it looks like it's goona be "by invitatrion only".

Happy New Year!
    Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    andy wrote:
    i'd strongly recommend subscribing to this thread. when i post the info, the first folks that come forward with confirmations ($$$) will be in.

thanks

andy
    Does this mean there is a limit to the number of guest to go on this trip?

If I go my wife is going to be with me. Is that ok? I too am confused.
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    Sounds like more people are interested than there are places, so first paid/first served.

Assuming the dates work, I'm most definitely in. Great idea, Andy, thanks for thinking of this and for organizing it!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2004
    Makes sense...
    wxwax wrote:
    Sounds like more people are interested than there are places, so first paid/first served.

Assuming the dates work, I'm most definitely in. Great idea, Andy, thanks for thinking of this and for organizing it!
    Andy, I hope you have your paypal account ready:-)thumb.gif
    Happy New Year!
    Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    mslammersmslammers Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    possibly, depending on date and stuff
    Sounds great, I have FFM left so getting there would not be much of a problem. Put me down for a yes, conditional depending on date. As I remember (1951 or so) spring comes late up there.
    Mel
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    wxwax wrote:

yes, sid, that's exactly right. nik - no closed group thing about this at all. when i do open it up, it'll be first come first served deal.gif

i only could get nine rooms, all the places are jammmmmmmmmmmmed!
  • Options
    kudbegudkudbegud Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    thanks
    for the welcome...and yes, it was all Dee's fault. but i hope to make the trip depending on dates and FFM access
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    Only 9 rooms?
    andy wrote:
    yes, sid, that's exactly right. nik - no closed group thing about this at all. when i do open it up, it'll be first come first served deal.gif

Are there any places outside of the park where people can stay? If activities are planned and the times posted perhaps some "day trippers" would be able to meet everyone and attend a few activities without staying over.
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    Dee wrote:
    Are there any places outside of the park where people can stay? If activities are planned and the times posted perhaps some "day trippers" would be able to meet everyone and attend a few activities without staying over.

Good idea. If I'm not quick enough to get one of the rooms Andy reserved, I'll find other ways to be there.

Dave
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    I'm checking the web now
    dkapp wrote:
    Good idea. If I'm not quick enough to get one of the rooms Andy reserved, I'll find other ways to be there.

Dave

There's one place where the winter rate is as low as $79. I have no idea how much staying in the park costs. Haven't done that yet.
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    Anymore details on this yet?

I really reallllllllyy want to go I have not been west of the mississippi! Sounds like so much fun! Any idea on how to get a dirt poor newly wed from ohio to cali? Anyone this side of the mississippi drivin out that has a little extra room in the trunk?(well alot of room I am kinda a big boy, its all about the food right)

I have been readin yosemite web site info and it just makes me sick:sick i want to shot it to death(with my camera of course:D )

Pathfinder said something about driving it. I believe he is in Western Indiana. I am in Ohio, but if I can make it I will fly to S.F.
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2004
    Dee wrote:

When I went there earlier this year we stayed outside the park The ones close to the park were more pricey. The one my.... frugal... wife picked out was in the nearest town. It was a couple of hours outside the park.

Dates... We need Dates....
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2004
    Dee wrote:

ne_nau.gif - we'll see as things get closer.

we will be meeting somewhere for dinner on sat night - i do know that.
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2004
    Andy,

If you have rooms then you must have dates correct? Can you share some info? We need dates to get this all set up for the ones that are able to go. Esp. if some are going to have to stay somewhere in town then we need to get rooms before there filled as well.

Anyone on the east coast priced air fair yet? How much would one plan to spend to fly to S.F.

• Options
    edited December 31, 2004
    Andy,

If you have rooms then you must have dates correct? Can you share some info? We need dates to get this all set up for the ones that are able to go. Esp. if some are going to have to stay somewhere in town then we need to get rooms before there filled as well.

Anyone on the east coast priced air fair yet? How much would one plan to spend to fly to S.F.

i'm not ready to announce the date yet. looking at alternatives now, thanks. stay tuned!

you can fly on jetblue from ny's jfk, to san jose, for under $300 usually ....
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    I have heard great things about jetblue,but they dont fly out of Cincinnati.ne_nau.gif

Tim,go to Delta's or the other carriers website and punch in a couple of dates.
    Try ciny,dayton,indy etc.
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2004
    Andy,

I flew there earlier this year for $150 round trip from Ohio, but it all depends on the dates. Airfares change drasticly with dates especially in the spring if it is close to spring break time. prices go through the roof.
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    I flew there earlier this year for $150 round trip from Ohio, but it all depends on the dates. Airfares change drasticly with dates especially in the spring if it is close to spring break time. prices go through the roof.

Well as soon as we get a date then I will look into it.

Thanks

• Options
    blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    andy wrote:

It should be warm enough in the spring to grab some tint spots. Go alittle camping out. Just a thought.
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2004
    It should be warm enough in the spring to grab some tint spots. Go alittle camping out. Just a thought.

maybe for you, and i'm ok with that too, but mrs. andy williams will be decidedly unhappy about that arrangement lol3.gif
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    andy wrote:
    maybe for you, and i'm ok with that too, but mrs. andy williams will be dedidedly unhappy about that arrangement lol3.gif
    ipod full of Sting might ease thatrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif:D
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2004
    MHJS wrote:
    ipod full of Sting might ease thatrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif:D

no, only sting with his own private bathroom would ease that lol3.gif
  • Options
    blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    andy wrote:
    maybe for you, and i'm ok with that too, but mrs. andy williams will be dedidedly unhappy about that arrangement lol3.gif
    Then you let all the wives have the rooms, and us men will camp out :D
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2005
    Then you let all the wives have the rooms, and us men will camp out :D
    You "guys" can "camp" if you want, but my concept of camping is now Marriott.thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2005
    make your reservations now
    may 6th and 7th, friday night & saturday night. we're staying at wawona (near the south entrance of the park). i have only 8 rooms, all the rooms come with lovely shared bathrooms "down the hall" :D sorry but this was the best i could do, the entire month of may 2005 is booked solid at all the hotels & lodges, i was lucky to be able to get these.

all of the remaining details will be dealt with soon enough, but for now, if you want to go, i need a payment from you. the first folks who paypal me their deposit money will be guaranteed one of these rooms.

the details: if you wish to be part of this extravaganza, please send me a private message, and include your paypal email address, and if you require the room for you, for you and your spouse or significant other, or if you are able to share the room with another dgrinner. i will invoice you for your deposit ($125) vial paypal. the reservationist (moi!), will handle all reservations on a first come, first served basis, so get me your pms fast deal.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2005
    we're staying TWO nights may 6th and 7th
    the $125 is just a deposit for one night.

andy wrote:
    may 7th and 8th. we're staying at wawona (near the south entrance of the park). i have only 8 rooms, all the rooms come with lovely shared bathrooms "down the hall" :D sorry but this was the best i could do, the entire month of may 2005 is booked solid at all the hotels & lodges, i was lucky to be able to get these.

all of the remaining details will be dealt with soon enough, but for now, if you want to go, i need a payment from you. the first folks who paypal me their deposit money will be guaranteed one of these rooms.

the details: if you wish to be part of this extravaganza, please send me a private message, and include your paypal email address, and if you require the room for you, for you and your spouse or significant other, or if you are able to share the room with another dgrinner. i will invoice you for your deposit ($125) vial paypal. the reservationist (moi!), will handle all reservations on a first come, first served basis, so get me your pms fast deal.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2005
    Mothers day......family first...so I will be taking mom for dinner as always.

• Options
    edited January 2, 2005
    Did you get my PMs
    andy wrote:
    Just curious..

Cheers1drink.gif !
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2005
    Shoot out
    andy wrote:
    Mothers Day, daughter and husband with grandkids coming-no go.
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2005
    **** it's may 6th and 7th, fri and sat nights ***
    i made a mistake!

it's may 6th and 7th ... friday / saturday

ya'll can be home on mother's day still :D

sorry for my typo