Pages continue to load wrong/Weird problem - merged

Comments

• aam1234aam1234 Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    {JT} wrote:
    Cross your fingers, just implemented a small fix to see if it can work :) I would love everyone who is following this thread or reported a similar problem to please go check their sites.

It's working now!!!

You Da Man wings.gif
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    {JT} wrote:
    Cross your fingers, just implemented a small fix to see if it can work :) I would love everyone who is following this thread or reported a similar problem to please go check their sites.
    So far it looks pretty good! I haven't been able to get any of the suspect pages to show the problem. clap.gif
    edited March 28, 2007
    Also, a lot of credit should go to Ivar, he worked hard at it.

Thank you Ivar thumb.gif
    edited March 28, 2007
    Those Support Heroes are tenacious! thumb.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    aam1234 wrote:
    Also, a lot of credit should go to Ivar, he worked hard at it.

Thank you Ivar thumb.gif
    It's a company-wide effort, lots of folks working on this, Ivar, the rest of our Support Heroes, and of course {JT}

clap.gif
    edited March 28, 2007
    Thank you DJ. You certainly gave very very valuable input. You should give a speech :andy
    edited March 28, 2007
    aam1234 wrote:
    Thank you DJ. You certainly gave very very valuable input. You should give a speech :andy
    And we couldn't do it without great debugging help from you, DJ, and Simon, among others bowdown.gif
    edited March 28, 2007
    And SM should give us 3 months free for the suffering we endured. Naaa. Thank you guys thumb.gif
    edited March 28, 2007
    What did Simon do (remember me Simon?)
  • {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    Simon, I see the same exact thing you are showing when logged out. Are you certain that you are logged in?
    Simon King wrote:
    Things have definitely improved! I can now see more than the thumbs and the gallewryr and picture controls are now visib;le

However the top of my home page is still not all there, but maybe that's a cache question..

Checked -nope the top of most pages still isn't loading properly. i.e. ican't quite see the tops of pages

Ill post some shots if I can..EDIT: here's one, now I can also see the contol,buttons but not the login etc controls.....?
  • I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    {JT} wrote:
    Simon, I see the same exact thing you are showing when logged out. Are you certain that you are logged in?

YUP using the ;login/logout option at the bottom of the page ( can't see the one at the top)
    Logged in and out to check
    Here'sa screenshot of how it iss now
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
    edited March 28, 2007
    aam1234 wrote:
    You and I and others did easy stuff - Ivar, JT and Andy (and I suspect some other Heroes as well) did the heavy lifting. Not to mention making the new Smugmug magic to begin with!

Hopefully this little glitch is resolved once and for all, and it sure seems to be. I'd be happy to see this thread die, unlike poor Waxy's thread! mwink.gif
    edited March 28, 2007
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    unlike poor Waxy's thread! mwink.gif

For those who don't know, and want to join in the fun:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=57102
    edited March 28, 2007
    Started browsing with hope in my heart but.......
    Mightily sorry to report this but here's ascreen shot where obviously things still aren't right yetne_nau.gif

The missing pic has loaded now but the control buttons are still missing...nope..wait, having clicked back and forth on the images the controls have now appeared... hmm bit intermittant this...
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
    edited March 28, 2007
    Typical Simon, don't mind him :D
    edited March 28, 2007
    aam1234 wrote:
    Typical Simon, don't mind him :D

but the point is there is still an intermittant problem:cry

This is a very recent screenshot froma gallery I havent visited on tis computer so its not a cached i mage

Hopefully it's nought but a lingering glitch that will iron itself out, but I menytion it because it's there, not to be awkward

I'll wait til tomorrow ( its gone midnight her now) and check things out again then - digits intertwined
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
    edited March 28, 2007
    Simon Simon, don't you remember me?
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    Problems with Safari under 10.4.9?
    My site (customised) is demonstrating a problem under Safari since upgrading to 10.4.9 (both for me and for another user I've checked with) that displays the 15 thumbs for galleries under the SmugMug format as usual but not the selected image, which is blank.

Has anyone else noticed this since 10.4.9, or is there an idiosyncrasy in my customisation somehow?
    edited March 28, 2007
    My site (customised) is demonstrating a problem under Safari since upgrading to 10.4.9 (both for me and for another user I've checked with) that displays the 15 thumbs for galleries under the SmugMug format as usual but not the selected image, which is blank.

Has anyone else noticed this since 10.4.9, or is there an idiosyncrasy in my customisation somehow?

Related to this thread?
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=57133

Ross, first please try emptying completely your cache and closing, reopening Safari.

Do you experience the same on Firefox?
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2007

10.4.9 and I see your site just fine. :D
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited March 28, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Related to this thread?

Ross, first please try emptying completely your cache and closing, reopening Safari.

Mmmm! Could be the same problem! And now, on checking, it appears to be happening for all my browsers on the Intel Mac platform (Firefox, Opera, Flock, SeaMonkey, OmniWeb at least).

Weird! eek7.gif
    edited March 28, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:
    10.4.9 and I see your site just fine. :D
    Thanks David.
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    Sounds like a connection or cache problem. Do other SmugMug sites work for him?

Please have him clear his cache:
    1. From the Tools menu, select Internet Options... .
    2. Choose the General tab.
    3. In the "Temporary Internet Files" section, click Delete Files... .
    4. To confirm the deletion, click OK.
    5. In the Internet Options dialog box, click OK.
    Let us know if this helps, please.
    Didn't help. From a copy of the page he sent to me, it looks as though everything is hanging at the wait wheel (throbber, I believe you call it). (Methinks that wait wheel is causing more problems than it's worth).
    edited March 28, 2007
    And now, on checking, it appears to be happening for all my browsers on the Intel Mac platform (Firefox, Opera, Flock, SeaMonkey, OmniWeb at least).
    ... and Camino, Shiira and SunriseBrowser. The plot thickens. This isn't just a browser issue. rolleyes1.gif
    edited March 28, 2007
    ... and Camino, Shiira and SunriseBrowser. The plot thickens. This isn't just a browser issue. rolleyes1.gif
    A typical gallery page is displayed like this -

screenshot_01.jpg

Note the blank image is 'live' on mouseover.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    Shiira is Safari, for all intents and purposes.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • rich56krich56k Registered Users Posts: 547 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Related to this thread?

Andy / Guru's,
    I don't know if this is related or not - when I'm using either FF2.0, or Safari 2.0.4, on my iMac G5 1.8g - OSX 10.4.9 (none of which is brand new...)
    Randomly my galleries will not show the 'throbber' wheel when I either click on another thumb to display or the gallery page selector ...
    it will show in my url address bar that i've selected something (and it reflects the new address) but nothing happens ....have cleared all cookies it is randomly occuring just noticed tonite last 1.5 hours....:cry
    hmmmmm......ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gifne_nau.gif

any thoughts?
    rich56k
    note: all the galleries in question are smug gradient / style 'smugmug'
    http://HooliganUnderground.com
    Member: ASMP; EP; NPPA; CPS
    edited March 29, 2007
    aam1234 wrote:
    Simon Simon, don't you remember me?

Remember you? How could I forget?!!rolleyes1.gif

:p:p:p

Seriously though, I do remember you but not where I know you from. I am getting worse , forgive me. At least it runs in the family ( like noses:D ) in fcat we were just discussing yesterdaay how all of us regularily forget why we have gone from one room to anotherne_nau.gif
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
    edited March 29, 2007
    OK so here's what I'm getting now still

This is what happens when I choose, medium or large, the image tries to load UNDER the galllery - Note the bottom RHS of pic, where there is a piece of scroll bar showing
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    BigAl, could you please refresh my memory? What didn't that help with? On what gallery or page?
    BigAl wrote:
    Didn't help. From a copy of the page he sent to me, it looks as though everything is hanging at the wait wheel (throbber, I believe you call it). (Methinks that wait wheel is causing more problems than it's worth).