Options

Pages continue to load wrong/Weird problem - merged

Comments

• Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    Simon, you definetly have something funky going on - but not relatedto the main image not showing. You have something else wrong with your cache because I can't replicate at all. Seems to be something wrong with the CSS, try overriding the theme for that gallery to something else and see if it fixes it.
    Simon King wrote:
    OK so here's what I'm getting now still

This is what happens when I choose, medium or large, the image tries to load UNDER the galllery - Note the bottom RHS of pic, where there is a piece of scroll bar showing
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    A typical gallery page is displayed like this -

Attachment not found.

Note the blank image is 'live' on mouseover.
    Ross, merged your thread..
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2007
    Webster, can you please check that gallery again? Thanks.
    A typical gallery page is displayed like this -

Attachment not found.

Note the blank image is 'live' on mouseover.
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Hopefully this little glitch is resolved once and for all, and it sure seems to be. I'd be happy to see this thread die, unlike poor Waxy's thread! mwink.gif
    Well, I came in this morning and tried the bigal, cmac, and both ivar links from earlier in the thread. Sad to say I'm still seeing the same original problem. The main image does not display in the first three, but the second ivar link is fine.

Back to the drawing board...11doh.gif
  • Options
    aam1234aam1234 Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    Edit: Disregard what I wrote in this post earlier, there is no issue. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2007
    Very odd, can you take a screen shot of your Firebug Net page again? I am curious to see if it matches up with mine.

Thanks!
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Well, I came in this morning and tried the bigal, cmac, and both ivar links from earlier in the thread. Sad to say I'm still seeing the same original problem. The main image does not display in the first three, but the second ivar link is fine.

Back to the drawing board...11doh.gif
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2007
    Sure. Here's Firebug for Big Al's gallery

139520363-L.jpg

Here it is for Baldy's gallery

139520388-L.jpg

Neither had any console errors showing.
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2007
    Could you also please send a screenshot of those galleries? Thanks!
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Sure. Here's Firebug for Big Al's gallery

139520363-L.jpg

Here it is for Baldy's gallery

139520388-L.jpg

Neither had any console errors showing.
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    {JT} wrote:
    BigAl, could you please refresh my memory? What didn't that help with? On what gallery or page?
    I quoted what ivar wanted the person to do in my response. The person did what ivar suggested.
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2007
    {JT} wrote:
    Could you also please send a screenshot of those galleries? Thanks!
    Here you go -

139526058-L.jpg

139526089-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2007
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Here you go -

Well, I have run out of ideas for now :( Since our change yesterday everyone else has reported it fixed and we have not recieved any emails regarding the issue.

Lets give it some time and see if it goes away on its own, or maybe try a different browser or clear private data one more time?
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2007
    I just checked again and it is working right now. Maybe it doesn't like mornings. :D We'll see how it goes, thanks -
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    {JT} wrote:
    Webster, can you please check that gallery again?
    Thanks {JT} - I don't know what you did, but my problem has gone away over a range of browsers! thumb.gif
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    {JT} wrote:
    Simon, you definetly have something funky going on - but not relatedto the main image not showing. You have something else wrong with your cache because I can't replicate at all. Seems to be something wrong with the CSS, try overriding the theme for that gallery to something else and see if it fixes it.

OK I have got my big hairy G5 back now so I'll give it a go in the morning and see how things are

It might be the Browsers just on the laptop as my daughter has had it for the last two years (I'll blame it on her but it probably isn't fair):D

EDIT: Couldn't sleep without trying it - NOPE - SORRY on the G5 the problem with weird larges is still there too, i.e. they are trying to looad UNDER the gallery page (with that odd snippet of scroll bar showing) Same in FF and Safari. I was logged out on both Browsers on tis Mac so had to log in first (i.e. asn't already logged in)
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2007
    Try this; turn on "hide owner" for one gallery and go back to it and see if it is fixed.
    Simon King wrote:
    OK I have got my big hairy G5 back now so I'll give it a go in the morning and see how things are

It might be the Browsers just on the laptop as my daughter has had it for the last two years (I'll blame it on her but it probably isn't fair):D

EDIT: Couldn't sleep without trying it - NOPE - SORRY on the G5 the problem with weird larges is still there too, i.e. they are trying to looad UNDER the gallery page (with that odd snippet of scroll bar showing) Same in FF and Safari. I was logged out on both Browsers on tis Mac so had to log in first (i.e. asn't already logged in)
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2007
    {JT} wrote:
    Try this; turn on "hide owner" for one gallery and go back to it and see if it is fixed.

Sorry makes no difference
    It's OK until I click on alarger size- then it loads UNDER the main window AND the tools buttons dissapear AS DOES thetools and buttons along the top

EDIT: now the breadcrumbs have also dissapeared on this page i.e.e <Digital-finger>Portraits>FAMILY
    EDIT: also tis page sometimes loads with the amount of tthumbs below, and sometimes with another couple of rows - without me changing anything
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2007
    OK just done some testing with Camino - and it works fine - so unless you changed something very recently the problem only exists with safari and FF AFAICS
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 30, 2007
    Simon King wrote:
    OK just done some testing with Camino - and it works fine - so unless you changed something very recently the problem only exists with safari and FF AFAICS
    Simon, that's very odd because Camino uses the same rendering engine as firefox. They should render pages identical. Do you have any extensions installed in firefox?
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2007
    bigwebguy wrote:
    Simon, that's very odd because Camino uses the same rendering engine as firefox. They should render pages identical. Do you have any extensions installed in firefox?

non monsieur!
    :-)
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2007
    VERY strange.. would you believe it is now working perfectly on safari and FF!ne_nau.gif :ivar
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2007
    I tink it worked immediately after I downloaded and installed camino. I reckon there was a aplication support file or something that was common to them which Camino replaced and that solved it? Possible???
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2007
    I wish I could work out what's going on the blinkin' browser wont didplay thepics again! Grrr.

I notice that there are 9 thumbs when it displays correctly and 15 thumbs when it doesn't - is that a clue, anyone?
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 2, 2007
    Simon King wrote:
    I wish I could work out what's going on the blinkin' browser wont didplay thepics again! Grrr.

I notice that there are 9 thumbs when it displays correctly and 15 thumbs when it doesn't - is that a clue, anyone?
    Simon, when you have the problem, resize your browser window smaller and see if the main image shows up. Resize small enough to where the display switches from 15 thumb mode to 9 thumb mode. You may be on to something here.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2007
    bigwebguy wrote:
    Simon, when you have the problem, resize your browser window smaller and see if the main image shows up. Resize small enough to where the display switches from 15 thumb mode to 9 thumb mode. You may be on to something here.

thanks I'l give that a go, however I have jst updated from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9, and think that has fixed it , BUT I thought other things fixed it and it returned so we'll have to see. (I held off updating because I am shy of new updates and the glitches they usually bring)

Anyway next timeit happens it will try resizing, cheers.
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2007
    You wouldn't read about it!
    Thanks {JT} - I don't know what you did, but my problem has gone away over a range of browsers! thumb.gif
    Same problem is back again and flushing the browser cache isn't fixing it. All my browsers are affected. I just don't understand what's going on. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2007
    Resize your browser window super small and then super large a few times, would like to test out a new theory :)
    Same problem is back again and flushing the browser cache isn't fixing it. All my browsers are affected. I just don't understand what's going on. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2007
    {JT} wrote:
    Resize your browser window super small and then super large a few times, would like to test out a new theory :)
    For both Safari and Firefox I flushed the cache then resized the window a few times, but to no avail. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2007
    FWIW:
    Currently it's OK ( as of the am - might not be this pm) as of 10.4.9 update.

What I have noticed is that now since the updatewhen it's OK the little spinning arrows that indicate it's loading are in the top LHS of the screen. Incidentally it is also loading 15 thumbs and working ok presenting the larger images.

When it wasn't working the little spinning arrows would always be lower around the middle LHS of the screen. Don't know if that tells you anyting but it's about all I have at the mo.

Apple discussion about it here:

EDIT: ps. I notice the red/green thumbs apprear at the lower LHS of a 'lerge' sized pic when chosen - is thet right? (not sure)
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2007
    Simon,

I read your thread at AD, I don't think this problem has anything to do with Safari or Firefox in particular. Also, being the Safari proponent that I am, I download the nightly builds of Webkit often - and have never once seen this problem first hand ('cause if I did, I would fix it properly) :)

I think I know what could be happening - but need some time to figure it out, and may need Webster to check out our development servers to see if he has the problem there.

JT
    Simon King wrote:
    FWIW:
    Currently it's OK ( as of the am - might not be this pm) as of 10.4.9 update.

What I have noticed is that now since the updatewhen it's OK the little spinning arrows that indicate it's loading are in the top LHS of the screen. Incidentally it is also loading 15 thumbs and working ok presenting the larger images.

When it wasn't working the little spinning arrows would always be lower around the middle LHS of the screen. Don't know if that tells you anyting but it's about all I have at the mo.

Apple discussion about it here:

EDIT: ps. I notice the red/green thumbs apprear at the lower LHS of a 'lerge' sized pic when chosen - is thet right? (not sure)
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2007
    {JT} wrote:
    Simon,

I read your thread at AD, I don't think this problem has anything to do with Safari or Firefox in particular. Also, being the Safari proponent that I am, I download the nightly builds of Webkit often - and have never once seen this problem first hand ('cause if I did, I would fix it properly) :)

I think I know what could be happening - but need some time to figure it out, and may need Webster to check out our development servers to see if he has the problem there.

JT

okey dokey :-)
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..