Options

Pages continue to load wrong/Weird problem - merged

Comments

• Options
    rich56krich56k Registered Users Posts: 547 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    rich56k wrote:
    Andy / Guru's,
    I don't know if this is related or not - when I'm using Safari 2.0.4, on my iMac G5 1.8g - OSX 10.4.9 (none of which is brand new...)
    Randomly my galleries will not show the 'throbber' wheel when I either click on another thumb to display or the gallery page selector ...
    it will show in my url address bar that i've selected something (and it reflects the new address) but nothing happens ....have cleared all cookies it is randomly occuring just noticed tonite last 1.5 hours....:cry
    hmmmmm......ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gifne_nau.gif

any thoughts?
    rich56k
    note: all the galleries in question are smug gradient / style 'smugmug'
    Bump / Update....eek7.gif

Then again randomly tonite... no 'throbber' and whether i click on the next page # or another thumbnail it refects my action in the url address bar but nothing happens on screen : no throbber either, the only thing that i've found to make any difference is if i click "reload page" then it loads to whatever page was showing in the url bar... deal.gif
    Also the large image has shown in all cases (unlike the majority of this thread) even if i go to another category/gallery once it starts it stays' broken' i get frustrated and open FF 2.0 it then worked...:cry :cry headscratch.gifheadscratch.gifne_nau.gifne_nau.gif

I will be in and out today (school, work) will check back in ASAP. Since this has resurfaced...am getting worried,:cry would like top get some feedback.... (will try to recreate at school on windox xp - will report back later today result of this)
    thanks,
    rich56k
    http://HooliganUnderground.com
    Member: ASMP; EP; NPPA; CPS
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2007
    rich56k wrote:
    Bump / Update....eek7.gif

Then again randomly tonite... no 'throbber' and whether i click on the next page # or another thumbnail it refects my action in the url address bar but nothing happens on screen : no throbber either, the only thing that i've found to make any difference is if i click "reload page" then it loads to whatever page was showing in the url bar... deal.gif
    Also the large image has shown in all cases (unlike the majority of this thread) even if i go to another category/gallery once it starts it stays' broken' i get frustrated and open FF 2.0 it then worked...:cry :cry headscratch.gifheadscratch.gifne_nau.gifne_nau.gif

I will be in and out today (school, work) will check back in ASAP. Since this has resurfaced...am getting worried,:cry would like top get some feedback.... (will try to recreate at school on windox xp - will report back later today result of this)
    thanks,
    rich56k

well it started again just minutes ago after doing crops on approx 50 images....
    i paused to check an email and came back to gallery and it froze (see att. - I've clicked on page 5 and it changed in the address window but no 'throbber' and actual page won't change unless I hit 'page reload')
    any thoughts? any one else exp this? headscratch.gif
    rich56k
    (it's still frozen as i type...12:07 pm pst)
  • Options
    Kyle JonesKyle Jones Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited April 4, 2007
    consistenly broken
    For me this gallery is always broken. Even tried IE under XP.

http://kylejones.smugmug.com/gallery/1423480

edited to say: My normal browsers are the latest Safari and Firefox under MacOS 10.4.9.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    Kyle Jones wrote:

edited to say: My normal browsers are the latest Safari and Firefox under MacOS 10.4.9.
    Hey, Kyle the Street Photographer :)wave.gif

Hi Kyle, some of those images are wonky in our system. I'm checking a few things....
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    Kyle Jones wrote:

yup comes up wonky here too - missing thumbs - (safari+10.4.9)
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2007
    Kyle Jones wrote:

Try again please ? ear.gif
  • Options
    Kyle JonesKyle Jones Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited April 4, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Try again please ? ear.gif

IE, Safari and Firefox all display the gallery correctly and quickly as well. Whatever you did, thanks!
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    Kyle Jones wrote:
    IE, Safari and Firefox all display the gallery correctly and quickly as well. Whatever you did, thanks!

yup that fixed it for your gallery ;-)
    (Safari 10.4.9 here too)
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    Kyle Jones wrote:
    No joy for me yet! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited April 5, 2007
    Now isn't that strange!
    No joy for me yet! rolleyes1.gif
    I've just noticed that a weird idiosyncrasy with Safari that just as mysteriously went away a few months ago is now back again, coinciding with my current SmugMug meltdown.

That is, only on gallery pages (not the home page, etc) and just with Safari, the last line of my footer is not centred - like this:

Footer.jpg

Obviously the SmugMug code is being changed and updated constantly, and clearly something has been changed to cause this problem to come back. Could this be related to my problem somehow? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    Obviously the SmugMug code is being changed and updated constantly, and clearly something has been changed to cause this problem to come back.

We have not updated the live site in a VERY long time, a little over a month if I am correct. Maybe we have a server doing strange things, I can have Craig or Andrew check.

So I am not sure why your line is not centered in Safari - I used Safari daily as my primary browser and have not seen that problem. I have not seen the main image missing problem either though.

On the bright side I "should" have an attempted fix for the main image missing problem going out tonight. Cross your fingers :)
  • Options
    edited April 5, 2007
    Ok, we just updated the site. Everyone who reported issues with the main image not appearing, please go check again. I really hope this fixes the problem :)
  • Options
    edited April 5, 2007
    {JT} wrote:
    Ok, we just updated the site. Everyone who reported issues with the main image not appearing, please go check again. I really hope this fixes the problem :)
    Eureka! Or, as you guys might say, Geronimo! clap.gif

Thanks! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    {JT} wrote:

JT, Andy, Anybody??

I just checked my site again....
    (please see my earlier posts on page 13 of this thread for prev. probs)
    site seems faster, and i got thru 93 of 118 images, before it froze AGAIN,
    I closed the window reopened in a new window all galleries frozen still....HELP!! :cry :cry :cry :cry
    I think I've been getting lost in this thread as no one has responded yet....

To reiterate after a random amount (usually a lot- of scrolling, viewing, or just perusing my galleries all of a sudden whether its lightbox scrolling or page to page doesn't matter the end result is the throbber doesn't appear the new 'destination' does appear in the url slot but nothing happens.. and each additional time i click on something it continues to change ONLY in the url slot) if I then close the window surf around the web for a bit and try back sometimes its still frozen, sometimes OK !!??!??!??!???!?

headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif :cry :cry ne_nau.gifne_nau.gif :cry :cry headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

rich56k
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    rich56k wrote:
    JT, Andy, Anybody??

I've made sure JT has seen your post.
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    I've made sure JT has seen your post.

Thanks Andy....
    Pardon my lack of diplomacy...rolleyes1.gif
    had a bad day , came home , saw the thread thought (woo whoo - good to go! )
    then i checked to find same prob...:cry

You guys have always sorted me out so far,
    bowdown.gif I'll relax and let you all work the magic!

rich56k
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    rich56k wrote:
    Thanks Andy....

rich56k
    thumb.gif no worries {JT} will come to the rescue!
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    Rich,

The fix applied earlier was for the missing main image problem only. Your problems seem to run the gamut and I am not sure where to start. Can you give me a link to that gallery your are having issues with? I will try my hardest tomorrow to recreate what you see.

JT
    rich56k wrote:
    Thanks Andy....

rich56k
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    {JT} wrote:
    Rich,

The fix applied earlier was for the missing main image problem only. Your problems seem to run the gamut and I am not sure where to start. Can you give me a link to that gallery your are having issues with? I will try my hardest tomorrow to recreate what you see.

JT

JT,

Sure here's the gallery thats frozen repeatedly over last few days....
    http://rich56k.smugmug.com/gallery/2651750
    and as I mentioned once that happens no matter what gallery I try
    (in either of my 'motorcycles' or 'other' category's it's 'site wide' and thru-out----the only un-affected areas on my site at that point are : front page w/slideshow; and "about" gallery -probobly since its a 'journal' style vs 'smugmug' style in all the other examples) for the sake of simplicity all my regular galleries are 'smugmug' style ,'gradient' using 'quick' settings....
    I may have left out a symptom or two --please see my prior post on page 13 of this thread for the 'full list / my specs'....deal.gif
    I think that should cover itheadscratch.gif
    Thanks in advance
    bowdown.gifbowdown.gif

rich56k
    And the only constant that I've noticed is it takes a 'bunch' of views before it occurs (50 to 90+)ne_nau.gif
    Lastly - I leave town for a race late Fri eve--will be avail for whatever I can do to help/check/ect thru-out the day and early PM friday then won't be back 'til mon AM....
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 6, 2007
    rich56k wrote:
    JT,

Sure here's the gallery thats frozen repeatedly over last few days....
    and as I mentioned once that happens no matter what gallery I try
    (in either of my 'motorcycles' or 'other' category's it's 'site wide' and thru-out----the only un-affected areas on my site at that point are : front page w/slideshow; and "about" gallery -probobly since its a 'journal' style vs 'smugmug' style in all the other examples) for the sake of simplicity all my regular galleries are 'smugmug' style ,'gradient' using 'quick' settings....
    I may have left out a symptom or two --please see my prior post on page 13 of this thread for the 'full list / my specs'....deal.gif
    I think that should cover itheadscratch.gif
    Thanks in advance
    bowdown.gifbowdown.gif

rich56k
    And the only constant that I've noticed is it takes a 'bunch' of views before it occurs (50 to 90+)ne_nau.gif
    Lastly - I leave town for a race late Fri eve--will be avail for whatever I can do to help/check/ect thru-out the day and early PM friday then won't be back 'til mon AM....
    Hey Rich. I clicked around that gallery for 15 mins and was unable to make it freeze.

Can you try one of my galleries: http://bigwebguy.smugmug.com/gallery/1142062

this way we can identify it as something with your gallery or your computer.

thanks mate, we'll get you sorted.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    bigwebguy wrote:
    Hey Rich. I clicked around that gallery for 15 mins and was unable to make it freeze.

Can you try one of my galleries: http://bigwebguy.smugmug.com/gallery/1142062

this way we can identify it as something with your gallery or your computer.

thanks mate, we'll get you sorted.

Hi Lee,

OK I ran thru all 92 ind. then blasted thru page changes repeatedly then back into ind pics in your gallery -and was unable to freeze....headscratch.gif
    I did notice the only obvious diff (to me- pre coffee-lol) you have orig enabled & share photo& slideshow options in your gallery (options I always disable)

your thoughts....

rich56k
    ps got a big kick out of your #22 :Dthumb.gif:D
    were you trying w/safari?
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    rich56k wrote:
    Hi Lee,

OK I ran thru all 92 ind. then blasted thru page changes repeatedly then back into ind pics in your gallery -and was unable to freeze....headscratch.gif
    I did notice the only obvious diff (to me- pre coffee-lol) you have orig enabled & share photo& slideshow options in your gallery (options I always disable)

your thoughts....

rich56k
    ps got a big kick out of your #22 :Dthumb.gif:D
    were you trying w/safari?

Lee,

I just realized that I hadn't replied yesterday thet I WAS able to replicate the problem from the school computer also ...
    dell / pc/ win xp/ IE 6
    also only after multiple viewings 80+ range....rolleyes1.gif

rich56k
    (I won't have any more specs on that pc until later this afternoon/ but will be able to test from there at that time...)
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    rich56k wrote:
    Lee,

I just realized that I hadn't replied yesterday thet I WAS able to replicate the problem from the school computer also ...
    dell / pc/ win xp/ IE 6
    also only after multiple viewings 80+ range....rolleyes1.gif

rich56k
    (I won't have any more specs on that pc until later this afternoon/ but will be able to test from there at that time...)
    Hey Rich,
    I hit your site with safari and ffx2 on my mac and ffx2 on my pc. No problems.

Just to clarify on your school PC, that was your gallery correct?
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    bigwebguy wrote:
    Hey Rich,
    I hit your site with safari and ffx2 on my mac and ffx2 on my pc. No problems.

Just to clarify on your school PC, that was your gallery correct?

Hi Lee,

By 'correct' if you mean in all other aspects, (appearence/viewing?) yes the only diff. from school (community college) is the network is a lot slower....
    rich

(will be back there between noon-1pm pst today- can try from there again and get more specs too)deal.gif
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    rich56k wrote:
    Hi Lee,

By 'correct' if you mean in all other aspects, (appearence/viewing?) yes the only diff. from school (community college) is the network is a lot slower....
    rich

(will be back there between noon-1pm pst today- can try from there again and get more specs too)deal.gif
    by correct i mean was i correct in assuming it was your gallery you were reproducing the problems with on the school pc.

Do me a favor and hit my gallery from the school PC when you get a chance.

Thanks
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    bigwebguy wrote:
    by correct i mean was i correct in assuming it was your gallery you were reproducing the problems with on the school pc.

Thanks

Lee,

Yes, it was my gallery / same problem ...
    And yes I'll gladly try yours also ....:D
    Thanks,
    rich
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    bigwebguy wrote:

Thanks

Hi Lee,
    OK -i went in a little early and ran both your gallery on one pc and mine on another next to it .....
    un-able to recreate my problem in either case (??!!)headscratch.gif

then realizing i wasn't logged in, ( i believe i have had the problem in both cases at home) so i logged in and rolled thru another batch again to no avail....
    (according to my statcounter i ran 397 page loads in 56 minutes @ my site)
    hmmmm...
    although it hadn't been happening every time it seemed to be more often than notne_nau.gif

have to run a couple assignments will be back in/out thru-out the afternoon,
    rich

Have verified that the school is dell pc / win xp - professional / IE6

UPDATE: 4PM PST.....ride just called trip is resched...leaving asap...will try to check in over the w/end if can get to internet cafe, latest will be monday am - thanks for the help so far....
    rich
  • Options
    trickytricky Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 11, 2007
    I've been having the previously mentioned issue of the main image not showing up when accessing smugmug from work. However, I recently discovered that changing http:// to https:// gets around that problem for me! Worth a try for anyone having the same problem behind a corporate (or even personal) firewall.

The only problem with this is using the breadcrumbs kicks you back to a regular http:// page.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2007
    {JT} wrote:
    Rich,

JT

Hi,

Back in town 'til this sat am --tried my site again last nite 11pm in lightbox mode i ran thru 75 of 118 pics, then i froze up same as previous,
    couldn't get out of frozen page unless i clicked on my bookmark to re-enter my site clicked on random (diff) gallery also frozen , (this was while logged in) i re-entered logged out still frozen.....:cry ne_nau.gif :cry
    then surfed web for approx 10 minutes - returned all was OK again!!??!!

JT - Did you get a chance to check on it ?/

thanks ,
    rich56k
    (att image is from last nite freeze...)
    heres link to that gallery ....( although it has occured in any/all of my galleries after multiple 'clicks' as prev described)
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2007
    rich56k wrote:
    JT - Did you get a chance to check on it ?/

Rich, I have been following everything - but have yet to reproduce the problem myself. I will keep trying today, but with only one person reporting problems it is hard to get a list together of things I should be checking. ne_nau.gif