Options

Lightroom Export Plugin for SmugMug

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2008
    By any chance have you up graded to LR 1.4.1? You should anyhow.

What version of the LR SmugMug plugin are you using. Ii is currently smugmug-20080523.42, available at Lightroom Export Plugin for SmugMug.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    FinalshotFinalshot Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited May 31, 2008
    Still wont work. . .
    I've also tried downloading the newest version, deleting the old one, and restarting LR and my PC. Now I'm getting three error messages instead of one. . . Good grief. This feature and the ability to customize was what sold me on smugmug, and the great customer service. I know well get to the bottom of this. . .

Anymore ideas Andy, Jeffery . . . anyone?

Here's what now is happening:

Couldn’t grok session id from SmugMug reply

“<?xml version=”1.0” encoding=”utf-8”?>
    <rsp stat=”fail”>
    <err code=”1” msg=”infalid login”/>
    </rsp>

Next screen:

Internal Plugin error

Next screen:
    An internal error has occurred: [string “smugmug.lua”]:321: attempt to concatenate
    Field ‘_session_id’ (a nil value)
  • Options
    _Rob_S__Rob_S_ Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    Lightroom Plugin Error
    Yikes, same error here, after one pic upload. Here's the message:
    305455148_4LGur-L.jpg
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    _Rob_S_ wrote:
    305455148_4LGur-L.jpg
    Hello, you just need to update, go to the site and get the latest version thumb.gif
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    Im sure I have the latest version but I am getting this
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    dhlewisdhlewis Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    I Simonius wrote:
    Im sure I have the latest version but I am getting this

I am also sure that .42 is installed and I get the same error sometimes.

dale@dhlewisphotography.com
    http://dhlewisphotography.com
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    dhlewis wrote:
    I am also sure that .42 is installed and I get the same error sometimes.

Make sure that you are using the latest by opening the Export dialog, choosing the smugmug export option, and scrolling down till you see this: version you are using is listed:

307335210_ozzy9-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2008
    cmason wrote:
    Make sure that you are using the latest by opening the Export dialog, choosing the smugmug export option, and scrolling down till you see this: version you are using is listed:

OK tried that and it said that a new version WAS available but when I downloaded it it said that it was not compatible with this version of lightroom (1.4.1)

It says I have version 20080411.40

On a Mac 10.4.11
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    I Simonius wrote:
    OK tried that and it said that a new version WAS available but when I downloaded it it said that it was not compatible with this version of lightroom (1.4.1)

It says I have version 20080411.40

On a Mac 10.4.11

Check my earlier post: drag the plug in to the appropriate place (global worked for me)
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2008
    cmason wrote:
    Check my earlier post: drag the plug in to the appropriate place (global worked for me)

yep - nope- that didn't work:crygerg.gif

This used to work!headscratch.gif
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    ARG!ARG! Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    _Rob_S_ wrote:
    305455148_4LGur-L.jpg

I'm also getting this same error message. I am running the latest version of the export plugin (20080523.42), which was working fine up until an export last night. Now I'm unable to export even a single photo.
  • Options
    dhlewisdhlewis Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    cmason wrote:

307335210_ozzy9-L.jpg
    here you go

LR Export Plugin.jpg

dale@dhlewisphotography.com
    http://dhlewisphotography.com
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2008
    Jeffrey Friedl, developer of the plugin, has posted a new version to help with debugging of this issue. If you're having the issue, get the latest version of the plugin from http://regex.info/blog/photo-tech/lightroom-smugmug/ and email the log to Jeffry.

Any updates on the Smugmug side? What changed this week roughly around Wed? Up until Wed I'd successfully loaded thousands of photos in the last couple of weeks with no errors. Now I can't export a single photo. No change in LR or plugin version.
  • Options
    edited June 8, 2008
    I'm showing xxx.42 in the export dialog with a message that xxx.44 is available. I had downloaded .44 and installed per the instructions into a new "module" folder (Vista). How do I get it to stop recognizing the .42 version? I can't remember where that one installed.
  • Options
    toedoctoedoc Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 12, 2008
    Can't get rid of old version
    cmason wrote:
    Broken here too...Posted on Jeffery's site, but my post got deleted....others are seeing similar probs
    I've tried everything that has been suggested up to this point (I think!). I"ve tried to remove old plug-ins in the Modules folder, even plug-ins at any other location on my hard drive, replace with current xxx.44 plug-in, restart LR and still nothing. As you can see from my screen shot, it still reads as an old plug-in (version 40). I can't find this file anywhere on my computer. Somehow, LR is "seeing it". What can I do?
  • Options
    edited June 12, 2008
    toedoc wrote:
    What can I do?
    Contact support.

I'm dead in the water with this as well. The support reply to me was basically not a SmugMug issue contact the developer.

I guess this must not be impacting that many people otherwise I'd expect it to get resolved. LR export went from working perfectly for me to not working at all. ... and no, I don't want to just use the SmugMug uploader.

I "switched" from Zenfolio a few months ago; though my account and photos are still active there. I like the ability to customize, but to be blunt after using Smug for a few months it's starting to feel like a house of cards in terms of reliability, stability and performance.
  • Options
    mike.strockmike.strock Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2008
    ARG! wrote:
    Contact support.

I'm dead in the water with this as well. The support reply to me was basically not a SmugMug issue contact the developer.

I guess this must not be impacting that many people otherwise I'd expect it to get resolved. LR export went from working perfectly for me to not working at all. ... and no, I don't want to just use the SmugMug uploader.

I "switched" from Zenfolio a few months ago; though my account and photos are still active there. I like the ability to customize, but to be blunt after using Smug for a few months it's starting to feel like a house of cards in terms of reliability, stability and performance.

reliability issues with smugmug because a second party's uploader won't work? That's pretty harsh criticism to levy against SmugMug due to a second party.

Kinda like "guilt by assocation".

Mike.
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2008
    I seem to have got my version of xxx.44 working OK now
    Here's what I did: searched for every incidence of the previous and current version and trashed them and emptied the trash.

I found duplicates in different locations across my HD - so look hard and be sure they're all gonemwink.gif

Downloaded the newxxx.44 version and installed manually

Now it works ok(fingers crossed)
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2008
    reliability issues with smugmug because a second party's uploader won't work? That's pretty harsh criticism to levy against SmugMug due to a second party.

Kinda like "guilt by assocation".

Mike.
    Perhaps Mike; though when your system, as Smugmug's does, relies significantly on 3rd party softare the overall customer experience is dependent on how well the main vendor (Smugmug) works with the 3rd parties and vice versa.

With this issue, Jeffrey has continued to be extremely responsive. Smugmug has not been.

My comment with respect to reliability and performance is also in reference to issues broader than just LR export and very related to what I mention above and reliance on 3rd parties.

I'm currently running both Smugmug and Zenfolio and the quirkiness, reliability challenges with Smugmug have become increasingly apparent as I've used the system over the last few months. My hope is that the issues I'm experiencing will get resolved as I like the flexibility of Smugmug.
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2008
    ARG! wrote:
    Perhaps Mike; though when your system, as Smugmug's does, relies significantly on 3rd party softare the overall customer experience is dependent on how well the main vendor (Smugmug) works with the 3rd parties and vice versa.

With this issue, Jeffrey has continued to be extremely responsive. Smugmug has not been.

My comment with respect to reliability and performance is also in reference to issues broader than just LR export and very related to what I mention above and reliance on 3rd parties.

I'm currently running both Smugmug and Zenfolio and the quirkiness, reliability challenges with Smugmug have become increasingly apparent as I've used the system over the last few months. My hope is that the issues I'm experiencing will get resolved as I like the flexibility of Smugmug.

Agreed. I am using the Lightroom exporter, not on a daily basis but probably uploading 500-1000 photos a week. I rarely have troubles.

But I've been in the software industry for 28 years. I totally understand that everbody's system is different and everyone's experiences are different.

Personally, I hope that you get the issues resolved to your satisfaction. I switched to Smugmug from a self hosted/self fullfillment system, and couldn't be happier. But I've only been here for a short time. We'll see if the happiness continues.

Mike.
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2008
    Agreed. I am using the Lightroom exporter, not on a daily basis but probably uploading 500-1000 photos a week. I rarely have troubles.

But I've been in the software industry for 28 years. I totally understand that everbody's system is different and everyone's experiences are different.

Personally, I hope that you get the issues resolved to your satisfaction. I switched to Smugmug from a self hosted/self fullfillment system, and couldn't be happier. But I've only been here for a short time. We'll see if the happiness continues.

Mike.
    Laughing.gif ... software industry for a couple of decades here as well. Jeffrey's first reaction from the error logs I sent was something on the Smugmug side, but he also thinks it may be related to his XML parser.

According to Jeffrey, Smugmug was going to do an update end of last week to help try to resolve this. No reply from Smugmug support other than the boilerplate reply.

LR Exporter worked perfectly for me for probably the first 2k+ photos.
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2008
    ARG! wrote:
    Laughing.gif ... software industry for a couple of decades here as well. Jeffrey's first reaction from the error logs I sent was something on the Smugmug side, but he also thinks it may be related to his XML parser.

According to Jeffrey, Smugmug was going to do an update end of last week to help try to resolve this. No reply from Smugmug support other than the boilerplate reply.

LR Exporter worked perfectly for me for probably the first 2k+ photos.

You are on the Mac, aren't you? That's something different for you and me, as I'm on the PC, and still on LR 1.4.1, not 2.0. I could never get it to work with LR 2beta1, so I just abandoned it and stuck with 1.4.

MIke.
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 20, 2008
    ARG! wrote:
    but he also thinks it may be related to his XML parser.

umm last time I checked regex isn't an xml parser, that's half the problem.

Jeffrey is parsing our xml responses with regex, so if we make any additions to our response formats it breaks the lightroom uploader.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    umm last time I checked regex isn't an xml parser, that's half the problem.

Jeffrey is parsing our xml responses with regex, so if we make any additions to our response formats it breaks the lightroom uploader.
    Yeah, it's not a robust approach and he knows it.

Are you working with Jeffrey to help get this resolved?
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2008
    I Simonius wrote:
    I seem to have got my version of xxx.44 working OK now
    Here's what I did: searched for every incidence of the previous and current version and trashed them and emptied the trash.

I found duplicates in different locations across my HD - so look hard and be sure they're all gonemwink.gif

Downloaded the newxxx.44 version and installed manually

Now it works ok(fingers crossed)

This is good news, maybe. Can you tell us more about how you cleared the previous versions? What exactly did you search for? Using what?

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2008
    _Rob_S_ wrote:
    This is good news, maybe. Can you tell us more about how you cleared the previous versions? What exactly did you search for? Using what?

Thanks!

sorry can't remember exactly what it was that I used in the search, nothing clever I assure you, probably 'plug-in' or something like that. I may have tried a few times but it would have been what ver the plug in was actually called, but not all of it in case it wasnt exact

I think the important thing was to make sure the trash was emptied before even downloading the new version
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2008
    I Simonius wrote:
    sorry can't remember exactly what it was that I used in the search, nothing clever I assure you, probably 'plug-in' or something like that. I may have tried a few times but it would have been what ver the plug in was actually called, but not all of it in case it wasnt exact

I think the important thing was to make sure the trash was emptied before even downloading the new version

Yay, I finally got it to work. Not exactly sure what I did either, just deleted the entire folder with the previous version, and wiped it out of the wastebasket. Then downloaded and reinstalled the xxx.45 version. Just loaded 465 pictures flawlessly. Thanks to all!
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2008
    ARG! wrote:
    Yeah, it's not a robust approach and he knows it.

Are you working with Jeffrey to help get this resolved?
    Devbobo?
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 26, 2008
    ARG! wrote:
    Devbobo?

last week we released a fix for a corner case issue, that Lightroom users were potentially seeing.

in regard to the xml parsing, Jeffrey has acknowledged that he needs a more robust method..there isn't a lot I can do about that :D

unless I am missing something ?
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    last week we released a fix for a corner case issue, that Lightroom users were potentially seeing.
    The Smugmug release fixed the issue I was having with LR export.