Options

Lightroom Export Plugin for SmugMug

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2009
    devbobo wrote:
    It is a problem with the plugin, Jeffrey is investigating.
    Get the latest version, this is fixed now thumb.gif
  • Options
    Kyle DKyle D Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2009
    I've tried to install this but keep getting "An error occurred when attempting to load this plug-in." Does anyone know how to fix this?

*Nevermind, I fixed it and got it to install.*
    Kyle D.

Not allowed to enter Henry's alone anymore...

Kyle Derkachenko Photography
  • Options
    HamSmugglerHamSmuggler Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2009
    Kyle D wrote:
    I've tried to install this but keep getting "An error occurred when attempting to load this plug-in." Does anyone know how to fix this?

*Nevermind, I fixed it and got it to install.*

I dont know if this is thecorrect place to post this, but I've encountered this error for the first time today:

506297741_xF3hx-XL.png
  • Options
    HamSmugglerHamSmuggler Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2009
    I dont know if this is thecorrect place to post this, but I've encountered this error for the first time today:
    • Latest version of the plugin.
    • Temporary File Location, JPEG (90 quality), add to an album already created.
    • Original file in .CR2 format.
    • Never had this problem before.
    • I try repeatedly and consistently get error
    • I exported the file using the traditional LR export methods to a JPEG and manually uploaded it successfully.
    • SendToSmugmug is uploading the rest of the proofs (.CR2 --> JPEG's using digital photo professional) without a problem.
    • This may have to do with the recent downtime that smugmug reported.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2009
    • Latest version of the plugin.
    • Temporary File Location, JPEG (90 quality), add to an album already created.
    • Original file in .CR2 format.
    • Never had this problem before.
    • I try repeatedly and consistently get error
    • I exported the file using the traditional LR export methods to a JPEG and manually uploaded it successfully.
    • SendToSmugmug is uploading the rest of the proofs (.CR2 --> JPEG's using digital photo professional) without a problem.
    • This may have to do with the recent downtime that smugmug reported.

I got that today, too. In my case it was when I was uploading a bunch of photos, one of which was in a stack that I had deleted the others, but LR still thought it was stacked. I chalked it up to me not working by the book in how I deleted the photos. I also got it once when the file was too large (a pano) and the second time I tried it I got a more helpful message about the image size being larger than allowed by SmugMug.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    jimmy.moncriefjimmy.moncrief Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 21, 2009
    Plug-In Manager with Vista
    When I try to export images directly from Lightroom to Smugmug, using the plug-in manager, I don't see the file I just downloaded.

Any help is very much appreciated!
  • Options
    havanesehavanese Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    When I try to export images directly from Lightroom to Smugmug, using the plug-in manager, I don't see the file I just downloaded.

Any help is very much appreciated!

What plugin are you trying to use?

Can you be more specific on what you tried to export and where you tried to place it in your gallery
    Randy P.
    Fuji X shooter
    Thoughts and Images
  • Options
    SouwalkerSouwalker Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    I've d/loaded and paid for this plugin. I see the installation instructions but not how to use it. I can work out most of the features there but I need confirmation on a few sections which I can't find on his blog pages?

Rgds
    pat
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2009
    When using the plugin, LR progress bar at the top right corner does not work. It is displayed but no running bar to indicate converting/exporting to smugmug. Once the export is completed, the progress bar just disappears.

Is this a bug?

Rgds
    Pat
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 15, 2009
    Souwalker wrote:
    When using the plugin, LR progress bar at the top right corner does not work. It is displayed but no running bar to indicate converting/exporting to smugmug. Once the export is completed, the progress bar just disappears.

Is this a bug?

Rgds
    Pat

Hey Pat,

Are you uploading just a single file ? I'm not sure if the progress indicator is meant for showing the overall progress (x of y images) or the actual bytes uploaded.

My guess is the first option.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    "CannotfindHost" error
    I've installed the LR plugin and have been trying for several days to export using it. Each time I get the message CannotfindHost when I try to login .
    Can someone help me please ?
    It happens when I'm already logged in to my SM account.
    I'm using FF 3.0.10 on a Mac mini OS 10.5.4

Caroline
    Mendip Blog - Blog from The Fog, life on the Mendips
    www.carolineshipsey.co.uk - Follow me on G+

[/URL]
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2009
    Bump - please :-)

[/URL]
  • Options
    edited June 7, 2009
    In addition to the previously mentioned error message "cannotfindHost"
    I also get "Unexpected response from SmugMug"
    Has anyone else experienced similar problems .

Caroline

[/URL]
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2009
    caroline wrote:
    Bump - please :-)
    Did you also try contacting Jeffrey directly? http://regex.info/blog/ contact info there, too.
  • Options
    edited June 7, 2009
    Hi Andy,
    Jeffrey has already replied to a post I made to him, suggesting it could be Firewall related - you know I'm not 'techie' :-) but my partner has checked this out for me and assures me it is definitely not. So I was hoping for some input from SMuggers who may have had a similar problem.
    Caroline
    Andy wrote:
    Did you also try contacting Jeffrey directly? http://regex.info/blog/ contact info there, too.

[/URL]
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2009
    devbobo wrote:
    Hey Pat,

Are you uploading just a single file ? I'm not sure if the progress indicator is meant for showing the overall progress (x of y images) or the actual bytes uploaded.

My guess is the first option.

Cheers,

David

Jeffrey emailed me that this was a bug. a new version is out.

Rgds
    Pat
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2009
    Souwalker wrote:
    Jeffrey emailed me that this was a bug. a new version is out.

Rgds
    Pat

I've just installed the latest version and it still doesn't work :-((

[/URL]
  • Options
    GoodEyeGoodEye Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    Network Error / Task Completed Dialog Box won't close
    In general I've had great success with Friedl's plugins. My only issue is if I'm exporting from LR2 --> SmugMug on my MacBookPro and my wireless connection loses the connection (happens often). I get the usual popup errors and as soon as WiFi is re-established, the upload resumes automatically BUT there's this dialog box titled "Network Error" with a blue progress bar titled "Task Completed" with only the option to "Cancel." Problem is, pressing cancel or hitting ESC or anything just makes the machine beep; the dialog box won't close. I can't use LR while this dialog box is open, but it will continue to upload in the background. When the files are done uploading I have to Force Quit LR.

A minor annoyance, but I'd love to see a fix since I'm always losing my connection in my house...
  • Options
    HockeyDad2324HockeyDad2324 Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    Disregard, I found it!
    Thanks,
    Sean
    Nikon, Nikon, Nikon. D700, D70, 35-70 2.8, 80-200 2.8 AF-S, 50 1.8, and a few SB800's
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2009
    Vista x64 and Lightroom Uploader Plugin
    Has anyone had issues (or been successful) running Vista x64 (not x32) with Jeffrey Friedl's LR 2.x (I'm running 2.4) Plugin for uploading to Smugmug? I'm still running on my trial account, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

Problem is that when I try to log in, I get a timeout over and over and over. I've tried doing the login using both my nickname and email address, and I've tried it while logged into my smugmug account and logged out.

Is there a specific port that might be getting blocked in my router? I don't have that wierd of a setup. Just a Linksys router (4-way/wireless) and some PC's.

I've been in contact with Jeffrey and right now he's a little stumped in that there are no error messages from the OS or anything like that. I've tried disabling my pop-up blocker as well. Have you heard of anything like this happening?
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    gtlukegtluke Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    I'm running Windows7 64bit, and it works perfect.
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2009
    gtluke wrote:
    I'm running Windows7 64bit, and it works perfect.
    Does Win7 have the same security system that Vista has? Did you have to do anything to your system for the sake of running the plugin, or did it just work immediately after installing it?
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    rjdesqrjdesq Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    yep...i'm having the exact same problems tonight. won't log-in to my smugmug account.
    caroline wrote:
    In addition to the previously mentioned error message "cannotfindHost"
    I also get "Unexpected response from SmugMug"
    Has anyone else experienced similar problems .

Caroline
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2009
    rjdesq wrote:
    yep...i'm having the exact same problems tonight. won't log-in to my smugmug account.

What O/S are you running? Also, I was wondering if it might have anything to do with the fact that I'm running the trial account right now.
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    absoluticabsolutic Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    What is the process of sending photos to smugmug
    Could someone please enlighten me on the process of actually exporting photos to smugmug via this plugin without first having to export photos to some folder? There are detailed instructions on how to download and register this plugin. However, I cannot find any instructions on how to actually use it with Lightroom 2. I selected my 100 photos and I am ready to send them up to my smugmug. How do I do it?
    Nikon:
    D700/ 50mm 1.8G/ 85mm 1.4D /28-105D
    D90/ 18-200VR /35mm 1.8G /Tokina 11-16 F/2.8
    Canon:
    T2i kit/ 17-55 F2.8 /17-85
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    absolutic wrote:
    Could someone please enlighten me on the process of actually exporting photos to smugmug via this plugin without first having to export photos to some folder? There are detailed instructions on how to download and register this plugin. However, I cannot find any instructions on how to actually use it with Lightroom 2. I selected my 100 photos and I am ready to send them up to my smugmug. How do I do it?

To export, select the images, choose Export. When the dialog opens, be sure to choose 'Export to Smugmug" in the Destination area. This is actually the top 'banner' in the dialog. To export without saving to a folder, select "Export to Temopary folder' in the Export location. Simply proceed down the list of options, creating galleries, selecting the destination gallery, and options, and then exporting.

635597094_yjXtz-L.jpg

To see the entire dialog, scroll down this page, to see the Zenfolio version of the plugin, they are basically the same.

http://regex.info/blog/2008-07-29/891
  • Options
    absoluticabsolutic Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    Thank you very much:D I did not realize the banner was click-able, now that you pointed it out, I can see it. Perfect
    Nikon:
    D700/ 50mm 1.8G/ 85mm 1.4D /28-105D
    D90/ 18-200VR /35mm 1.8G /Tokina 11-16 F/2.8
    Canon:
    T2i kit/ 17-55 F2.8 /17-85
  • Options
    redshadow01redshadow01 Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Pauses when uploading to Smugmug
    I've noticed that my uploads are taking a very long time, and after doing some research I see someone else also has the same problem and has posted that on the comment page for the plugin:

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/smugmug#comment-36563

Jeff, this is a great plugin, makes my workflow much easier. I do have one issue though with slow exports that I’ll try to describe with an example:

1. Export 100 photos to smugmug
    2. Lightroom uses 100% cpu while uploading the first few photos, with the following timing:
    30 seconds to upload a photo, 45 seconds of processing, upload for 30 seconds, etc…
    3. After the first few photos, lightroom CPU usage is 0%, but same thing happens:
    uploading for 30 seconds, do nothing for 45 seconds, upload for 30 seconds, etc…
    Nothing seems to be happening for those 45 seconds between uploads. If this pause didn’t happen, my exports would be done in less than half the time.
    Any idea what’s going on and how to speed this up?
    Vista SP1, Lightroom 2.4, Plug-in version 20090902.115

Thanks,
    Alex

The CPU at the start is Lightroom rendering all the images. (It’d be nice if Lightroom would only render one or two images ahead of the upload, thereby balancing out the CPU over the whole thing, but that’s now what LR allows.) The 30-seconds-of-nothing looks like the SmugMug error we’ve been dealing with on and off for a couple of months. )-: —Jeffrey

I have the same problem, Lightroom does nothing between uploads. Any idea what the issue is?

Thank you!
  • Options
    akandrewsakandrews Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited September 12, 2009
    Can't get plugin
    Hi. I am trying to download this plugin but I am getting page load errors. Anyone know whats up?

thanks for any help
  • Options
    rsquaredrsquared Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2009
    akandrews wrote:
    Hi. I am trying to download this plugin but I am getting page load errors. Anyone know whats up?

thanks for any help

I've been unable to get to Jeffrey's site all day. The whole site seems to be down.
    Rob Rogers -- R Squared Photography (Nikon D90)