Options

Lightroom Export Plugin for SmugMug

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    James HJames H Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited September 12, 2009
    rsquared wrote:
    I've been unable to get to Jeffrey's site all day. The whole site seems to be down.

Jeffery was having site trouble. See this thread, where he replied in post #4.

Edited to change the link since Andy merged two threads.
    --James

Homepage - James Hill Photography

• Options
    ilbcnuilbcnu Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2009
    I can't seem to get the plug in or to see the thread mentioned? Is there another place to find it?
    thanks!
    Amanda
    It is never to late to become what you might have been.
    www.behindthezoom.com
  • Options
    lystyllystyl Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 15, 2009
    Jeff's site is up! :)
  • Options
    pkdogpkdog Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 20, 2009
    lightroom export plugin
    Evertime I attempt to export to smugmug I get an error saying, " the plugin had an internal error. I am running lightroom v1.4.1 and have pro account with smugmug. I have the plug in installed in the library>app support>adobe>lightroom>modules

paul doughty
    paul@pkdog.com
  • Options
    timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    Feature request
    Given the number of times that there's been issues between the LR plugin and SM, it'd be nice to have the plugin tell me the name of the image it error-ed out with, so I don't have to guess the next time around.
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc
  • Options
    timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    Something else
    Creating a new gallery using the "quick" settings doesn't seem to be completely working. I've got a QS which sets the thumb sizing to "original", but when I look at the gallery, they're all square.
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc
  • Options
    senecacreeksenecacreek Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 4, 2010
    deleting photos
    I just uploaded about 50 photos to different galleries in smugmug smoothly. When done, I thought i would clear the "published photos" stream so i deleted the photos thinking that since they were already uploaded, nothing would happen. well, by doing that it removed all the 50 photos from all the galleries from my smugmug website. once i selected them to be deleted i also found absolutely no way to reverse this.

if i ever accidentally delete a photo from lightroom, i do not want it to delete it from my website, especially if i dont notice and people are then unable to purchase that photo. is the plugin really this clumsy, or am i missing something?
  • Options
    DianeDewDianeDew Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 13, 2010
    Security Error when using Lightroom Plug-in
    I have been using Jeffrey Friedl's plug-in to upload photos from Lightroom 2.6 to my SmugMug galleries. It was working fine for a couple of months. I have the latest version of the plug-in (20100224.150) and my Lightroom updates are also current. I run Win XP SP 3, and the updates are current.

Now, I get a "SecurityError" when the plug-in tries to connect to SmugMug, and it will not connect.

Jeffrey thought that the problem might be that my system clock was wrong (it isn't, I verified that using regex.info, as he suggested). He also thought it might be some kind of a firewall issue. I tried changing my firewall settings to exclude Lightroom, but that didn't help.

I'm really disappointed that the plug-in is no longer working, and have run out of ideas about what to try to fix it. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • Options
    KH47KH47 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 20, 2010
    Lightroom Security Error
    Sounds like I'm having the same problem as Dianne. When trying to upload pics from Lightroom using Jeffery Friedl's plugin I'm getting a Security Error and it will not log into SmugMug. This started in February and I've contacted Jeffery with the same answer as Dianne.

Jeffery's response was: "SmugMug had a bad SSL cert, or your system clock was not set properly."

My system clock is correct, but I don't know what a "SSL cert" is.
    Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
    Kevin
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 22, 2010
    G'day Guys,

If you are receiving the cert error, you need to follow these steps...

1. Go to.. http://certs.starfieldtech.com/repository
    2. Download the 'Starfield Class 2 Certification Authority Root Certificate'
    3. Install it...double-clicking the file should do the trick.

Please let us know if you have any questions/problems.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    KH47KH47 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 23, 2010
    Yes, it worked!
    I sent a email to help@smugmug, and Doc Walker responded with the same link. I did the download which took all of 15 seconds, and I can now use the plugin to load pics to SmugMug.

So did I have a bad SSL certificate as Jeffrey suggested?

Thanks a bunch, this solves a lot of frustration time for me.wings.gif
    Now I can get back to getting my pics up on my site.

Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Kevin
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 24, 2010
    KH47 wrote:
    So did I have a bad SSL certificate as Jeffrey suggested?

no, the new certification authority that we are using, their root certificate doesn't appear to be installed on all systems....so it needs to be installed manually.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2010
    Thanks for posting, Kevin, I still have not resolved the problem, but it's nice to know that I'm not the only one...
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2010
    Yippee! I just applied the same fix, and can now upload just fine. Thanks to you all for sharing this info.
  • Options
    GadgetRickGadgetRick Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2010
    SmugMug LR Plugin problem?
    Not sure if this is the problem, just checking to see if others are experiencing similar problems...

Been using LR3 b2 for a while now with no problems. Today, however, LR is crashing like mad...when I try to upload photos to SM via the SM plugin. The only thing I've changed on my computer (iMac) is I installed the latest security update. Running the most recent OS with all updates installed. Just started today.

If it doesn't crash (giving me the dialog to send in the info to Apple), it hangs on the rolling beach ball and stops responding forcing me to quit.

Have restarted, run Onyx to fix things, etc. Still doing this.

Anyone seeing this as well?
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2010
    GadgetRick wrote:
    Not sure if this is the problem, just checking to see if others are experiencing similar problems...

Been using LR3 b2 for a while now with no problems. Today, however, LR is crashing like mad...when I try to upload photos to SM via the SM plugin. The only thing I've changed on my computer (iMac) is I installed the latest security update. Running the most recent OS with all updates installed. Just started today.

If it doesn't crash (giving me the dialog to send in the info to Apple), it hangs on the rolling beach ball and stops responding forcing me to quit.

Have restarted, run Onyx to fix things, etc. Still doing this.

Anyone seeing this as well?
    Ok, it's not the plugin. Just tried exporting to disc and it crashed after about 6 files. Not sure what's going on here but I'm dead in the water right now...
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2010
    Alright, after digging further--and not getting anywhere--I decided to do a clean wipe and reinstall of my whole system. Did that this morning and LR 3 seems to work fine now. Don't know what caused it and I'm still installing my apps....
  • Options
    nonlinearartistnonlinearartist Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2010
    Lightroom Plug-in by Friedl won't connect to Smugmug
    I've used J Friedl's plugin to upload to LR 2 for a long time, but when I installed LR 3 and updated the plugin to the latest version it won't even contact Smugmug. I've got the addressing right.

If there's a local data security block here, why did it just start now? I'm only using Windows Defender, which reports there are no blocked programs, and my router's hardware protection. I don't know how to change anything in this and don't want to do it without knowing what happened first in case I would damage something else.

Vista Home Premium, Dell desktop with 4GB, FIOS connection

Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    KimVKimV Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2011
    Computer Crashing whilst trying to publish to SM
    This started happening for me in Jan 2011 whilst trying to upload a gallery to Smugmug, it crashed my computer over & over at different times during the upload, never on the same file. It causes havoc with my computer as it just goes off completely without warning & when I restart the computer it has to do the whole check disk/c thing, then my outlook was unable to start up & I lose every password my computer holds...it has gotten to the point where I turn off outlook & close everything else whilst I am using lightroom & waiting for the upload to complete or crash...
    Up until tonight it had only happened on one gallery/folder of images & I had tried uploading them to other parts of my Smugmug that wasn't seeming to have trouble accepting uploads, it still crashed. Two weeks ago I finally thought, I'll try moving all of the jpegs to a separate folder & import them again ( I had deleted/removed the files from LR) this time they uploaded fine, so I assumed that maybe it was crashing on the PSD's... tonight whilst attempting to upload a new folder of images, I unchecked them(PSD's) from the upload & STILL it crashed, luckily I don't trust LR anymore & had closed everything, which is very annoying to sit & watch that slow moving bar instead of still working & now I just have to put all of my passwords back in mad.png It is a fairly new system, less than a year old & I had it made specifically for what I needed & I am concerned at the damage it is doing to my system...
    So, is it because of other file types that this is happening, is there something I should not be including? Or was it possible to do with an update, because I never had to worry about file types before ...
    thanks for any help/advice, Kim hail.gif
  • Options
    KSean SportsKSean Sports Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited May 7, 2011
    One thing I've noticed about this plug in is that is does not include keywords the first time a photo is uploaded. I have to upload all my photos twice in order to get the keywords to show up in SmugMug.