Options

SmugMug Feature Requests

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options
    JoeGJoeG Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited July 26, 2008
    I also vote for virtual galleries!!!

I'm not concerned with the need to upload multiple copies of photos... what I don't like is that it messes up keyword listings.

If someone were to click on a tag (Tyler, for example) and there is a duplicate photo in 3 different galleries, that photo will show up 3 times in the keyword search.

Please SM... do eet!!!!
    Joe Gearhart
    Photos | Blogs | Twitter | MySpace | Facebook
  • Options
    JamokeJamoke Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    iPhone WebApp Customization
    So I've spent an hour trolling (one or two posts off topic...) looking for iPhone Schtuff. Summary of what I've found, is there's a great web app, and a great 2.0 app. Both have documented issues, but I love the native app, and would like to address the WebApp.

WebApp: I think it would be wonderful if there were a way to further customize what a client/visitor/fan sees when they hit your site on an iPhone. I have a large list of Categories, as I've tailored my site to Family / clients / personal. If the end user (Pro / Power ?) had access to the CSS used, or to a GUI (section of control panel?) which allowed them to alter or modify the experience visitors had, I think it would put SmugMug far ahead. Currently I'm not aware of ANY website which allows for a modifyable iPhone landing page. It could start simply with a list of categories with check boxes under the Customize section of the control panel. Simply un-check the categories you don't want to be displayed with optional direct navigation through the iPhone page. In addition you could add an iPhone CSS field and allow people to break the code / come up with additional hacks and features.

In Summary - Open up the iPhone Web App for customization.

Galleries Sort Order
    Featured iPhone Galleries
    Category Listing
    Maps?
    CSS Modification
    SlideShow (Non Flash)

Whew! That's a lot - but this is where Wish Lists Go...
    Mine: Canon 20D, 50 f1.8 II, 28-105 II, 70-200 f2.8L, T 70-300 Macro, T 2X expander, 12-24 Sigma
    Hers: Sony SR10, (Soon Canon 5D MKII), 85 f1.8, 28-135 USM, Stroboframe, Manfrotto NeoTec
    Ours: Pair of 580 EX, Lensbaby, Studio Alien Bees, Son & TWO Daughters
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Please fix the /iPhone app usage for other devices and make the categories
    clickable links.:pissed Getting rather tired going thru page after page of galleries.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    DalyDaly Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    I would like the capability of (easily) initiating a multiple download of photos that I have assigned keywords to. -Instead of having to download each one manually.

Last year I was told to do this as a 'work around':
    [SIZE=+1]I would do a keyword search, switch to "all thumbs" mode, then save the page to your hard disk (using the "html only" option). Then, using notepad, you can bulk change the -Ti in each image URL with -O. Then resave the page to your hard disk (using the "webpage complete" option). This should save all of the original photos to a subdirectory on your hard disk.

That method works, but gosh it's complicated!
    [/SIZE]
    Thanks!
  • Options
    krillokrillo Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 29, 2008
    Whats the possibility of getting an uploader software for us with smartphones? That is a phone running windows mobile 5/6? This would definately make me buy an account.

If I am on a trip and want to upload photos I only have the options of the severely limited email photos solution or upload through the webbrowser which is a pain.

Any comments from SmugMug?
  • Options
    thobthob Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited July 29, 2008
    Shareable Upload folder
    Hi,

not sure if this was asked before or is even hidden somewhere.
    But offering web-based access for non-members to upload photos would be vey helpful.
    Righ now I'm using a different online storage service (steekr.com) for collecting photos. Once they are there I download them and upload them again to Smugmug. Not very efficient.

Thanks Thomas
  • Options
    Tomkirk23Tomkirk23 Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    thob wrote:
    Hi,

not sure if this was asked before or is even hidden somewhere.
    But offering web-based access for non-members to upload photos would be vey helpful.
    Righ now I'm using a different online storage service (steekr.com) for collecting photos. Once they are there I download them and upload them again to Smugmug. Not very efficient.

Thanks Thomas

Yes, I would agree with Thomas on this one. I could see it as similar to the service where anyone can send an email with pictures to my site if they have the correct email password...furthermore, any pics uploaded in this manner would go into a special album (like email does) - not the live site.
  • Options
    ThandoThando Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    Sorry, that I didn't get to reply to all of the requests individually. But we've seen all the requests and will do what we can. Thanks for the Requests. New thread here:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=101208
This discussion has been closed.