Options

HEADS UP: New Release, March 17, 2008. Slideshow Issues?

Comments

• Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Barb wrote:
    Hi :)

You still have the old javscript from the flash slideshow in your footer javascript code box. Can you please remove that? Let's see if that fixes a few things for you.

If you want, I can remove it for you.

I have the old slideshow in my footer too. I tried to use the flash slideshow code but it ends up on all pages not just my homepage. Right now my homepage slideshow is broken and the gallery fullscreen slideshow does not work either.
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 17, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    But, then my breadcrumbs wont go to the /galleries page.. I'll see if I can get it to work some other way, but, that was a beautiful hack :cry

don't know if I would call it beautiful lol3.gif

Perhaps, something like this...
    YE.onContentReady('breadcrumb', function() {
     for (var i in this.childNodes) {
       if (this.childNodes[i].tagName == "A") {
         this.childNodes[i].href="/galleries"; 
         break;
       }
      }
    });

David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 17, 2008
    I have the old slideshow in my footer too. I tried to use the flash slideshow code but it ends up on all pages not just my homepage. Right now my homepage slideshow is broken and the gallery fullscreen slideshow does not work either.

You can add the new flash slideshow in your bio on your homepage. That way it will only show on your homepage.

http://wiki.smugmug.com/display/SmugMug/Flash+Slideshow

The full-screen slideshow is working okay for me on your site. What browser are you using that it doesn't work?
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    don't know if I would call it beautiful lol3.gif

Perhaps, something like this...
         break;
       }
      }
    });

OK.. On the homepage.. FF shows the images in the right order in the slideshow.. BUT, I got this error:
    TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.
        at components::ImageCache/setIndex()
        at components::ImageCache/next()
        at slideshow/::stepTimerResponder()
        at flash.utils::Timer/flash.utils:Timer::_timerDispatch()
        at flash.utils::Timer/flash.utils:Timer::tick()

IE7 is messed up.. I'm erasing my cache to see if that fixes it, but, I'm thinking IE7 is doing something funky.

Thanks for the code I'm going to try it out.. thumb.gif (ok.. beautiful wasn't the right word... But, it WORKED! lol3.gif )

David
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    You just need to get it set up right - post in the slideshow thread, we'll help you get it up and going in no time. We'll help.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
         break;
       }
      }
    });

That code rocks! I wish I could understand how it works! lol3.gif But, it's the bees-knees.. Thanks!

David
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    That code rocks! I wish I could understand how it works! lol3.gif But, it's the bees-knees.. Thanks!

David

Dev IS the bees-knees :Dclap.gif
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Barb wrote:
    Dev IS the bees-knees :Dclap.gif
    Dev... bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbow

Oh, clearing my cache fixed the slideshow issue in IE7... Damn microsoft software.. If I could run Linux 100% of the time and still do my day job I would.. But, I'm stuck with Windows :cry (At least my servers are Linux :ivar )
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    Damn microsoft software..

lol3.gif
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Dev - can you see why my custom title stuff is messed up? I'm sure there's a better way to do that too! If I promise to put LOTS of bowdown.gif to praise you, will you fix it? bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif

EDIT: don't get it.. Working now.. Damn IE7 cache was all messed up apparently.. argh.... And, here I'm driving you guys nuts... Sorry! (But, the new breadcrumb redirect is the best thing since sliced bread!)
  • Options
    FuronoFurono Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    When using the "create a card" feature I can't get any categories to show on the first screen. I click it and nothing happens. "Click 'Categories' below and choose an occasion." is the screen. It makes a highlight box around it but nothing happens clicking it.

Using Firefox 2.0.0.12
    Steve Nelson
    Tour Leader - DPRK
    Uri Tours
    SmugMug - photos.japanphotos.jp
  • Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 17, 2008
    Furono wrote:
    When using the "create a card" feature I can't get any categories to show on the first screen. I click it and nothing happens. "Click 'Categories' below and choose an occasion." is the screen.

Yeah, that bug has been around a while. It hasn't been a super high priority because we are slow and don't have any cards except Holiday ones.

If you refresh the page once or twice, it may work.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Barb wrote:

The full-screen slideshow is working okay for me on your site. What browser are you using that it doesn't work?

Vista and E7.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Vista and E7.

Hmm, the fullscreen slideshow is working fine for me in your galleries using IE7. Can you give us a link to a gallery where it is not working for you?
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Feeling really dumb right now...where the heck is my bio box?
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    Feeling really dumb right now...where the heck is my bio box?

The old slideshow is using it now, so you can get to it by going into your control panel and click on the Settings tab. It's on the line that begins with password.

Once you remove the old slideshow code, you will see it on your homepage.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Barb wrote:
    The old slideshow is using it now, so you can get to it by going into your control panel and click on the Settings tab. It's on the line that begins with password.

Once you remove the old slideshow code, you will see it on your homepage.

OK...I wondered if it would show up if I removed the old code. I was just a little scared to try it without knowing first!
    And, I thought the bio box was what I was using on my guestbook page, and that would seem to be the case. Do I just stick the new code in there with my guestbook/bio text?
    Elaine

• Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Barb wrote:
    Hmm, the fullscreen slideshow is working fine for me in your galleries using IE7. Can you give us a link to a gallery where it is not working for you?

On one computer the slideshow works but has title bar and sides so my 1920x1080 pictures do not fill the screen.
    On my other computer the slideshow is fullscreen but only the first picture appears and stalls or I just get a black screen that says press escape to exit fullsreen mode. Both are Vista and E7. All galleries are the same.

If my old slideshow code is causing this it's a big headache, If I enable the bio to use the flash code it appears on my homepage and galleries pages.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    OK...I wondered if it would show up if I removed the old code. I was just a little scared to try it without knowing first!
    And, I thought the bio box was what I was using on my guestbook page, and that would seem to be the case. Do I just stick the new code in there with my guestbook/bio text?

Looks like you just copied your bio text into your guestbook gallery, so you should be fine. The guestbook is not actually using the biotext, so you can copy the new slideshow code into your bio and remove the text that is there. Make sure you have a copy of it somewhere -- just in case :)
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Barb wrote:
    Looks like you just copied your bio text into your guestbook gallery, so you should be fine. The guestbook is not actually using the biotext, so you can copy the new slideshow code into your bio and remove the text that is there. Make sure you have a copy of it somewhere -- just in case :)

Thanks, Barb! I'm getting closer! My slideshow gallery does not have a password and does have external links turned on, but I do have it unlisted. Where the slideshow should be it is asking for a password. And it's doing that for every page where I have subcategories listed...but only in logged out IE 7. Sorry for all the trouble...this has probably been hashed out somewhere before!

EDIT: OK...I think I had an incomplete Album ID. Now it's not asking for a password, but it just says SmugMug with no pics.

EDIT: Doh! Now it's there! Now I just need to get rid of the thumbnail bar...I think I saw something about that...going to look!

Thanks!
    Elaine

• Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    Thanks, Barb! I'm getting closer! My slideshow gallery does not have a password and does have external links turned on, but I do have it unlisted. Where the slideshow should be it is asking for a password. And it's doing that for every page where I have subcategories listed...but only in logged out IE 7. Sorry for all the trouble...this has probably been hashed out somewhere before!

Check now :)

There was still some code in your footer javascript that I removed and also corrected the albumID in your slideshow code. Looking good!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    tdinardotdinardo Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    It appears that my slideshow is no longer working correctly either. It runs through the gallery one time now. Before the update it cycled in a loop.

Loads and runs once with IE7 and FF. Thoght FF took about four minutes to load with "waiting for api.smugmug.com...." sitting in the lower left corner of the browser.... Once FF loads and plays the show once, that message is replaced with "Read api.smugmug.com".

Any ideas how to fix it?ne_nau.gif

Tom.

www.bellafaccie.com
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Barb wrote:
    Check now :)

There was still some code in your footer javascript that I removed and also corrected the albumID in your slideshow code. Looking good!

Thanks so much, Barb!

Maybe I messed up the ID after you had fixed it?? Now it's back to just saying Smugmug in the slideshow space.
    Elaine

• Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    Thanks so much, Barb!

Maybe I messed up the ID after you had fixed it?? Now it's back to just saying Smugmug in the slideshow space.

Fixed your album ID. Check now?
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Barb wrote:
    Fixed your album ID. Check now?

YAY! Thank you! My goodness...it's really late here, and you're another time zone later than me! eek7.gif I appreciate all the help!

My pics are pretty small...do I mess with the 600, 600 to change that up? Also, they aren't centered...they seem to be a little to the right. How can I shift it around?
    Elaine

• Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    YAY! Thank you! My goodness...it's really late here, and you're another time zone later than me! eek7.gif I appreciate all the help!

My pics are pretty small...do I mess with the 600, 600 to change that up? Also, they aren't centered...they seem to be a little to the right. How can I shift it around?

Yeah, the 600, 600 is your width and height. You can change that.

Add the following to your CSS code in your customization to center the slideshow:

#userBio {text-align: center !important;}

EDIT: Also, you will probably want to remove this from your CSS:

.homepage .boxBottom {
    border: none;
    padding-left: 107px;
    }

That is forcing your slideshow to the right.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    Erick LErick L Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Don't know if it's related but my homepage doesn't show up in IE. It worked fine two days ago.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Barb wrote:
    Yeah, the 600, 600 is your width and height. You can change that.

Add the following to your CSS code in your customization to center the slideshow:

#userBio {text-align: center !important;}

EDIT: Also, you will probably want to remove this from your CSS:

.homepage .boxBottom {
    border: none;
    padding-left: 107px;
    }

That is forcing your slideshow to the right.

Brilliant! Thanks! Now, I think there's just one more thing...
    In IE (not in FF) there is a white border that only shows up when I mouse over the slideshow. How to remove?
    Elaine

• Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    Brilliant! Thanks! Now, I think there's just one more thing...
    In IE (not in FF) there is a white border that only shows up when I mouse over the slideshow. How to remove?

Sadly, that's an IE thing. Haven't figured out a way to fix that - not sure that there is :(
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Barb wrote:
    Sadly, that's an IE thing. Haven't figured out a way to fix that - not sure that there is :(

Allrighty...how 'bout decreasing the amount of space between the bio box and my nav bar?

EDIT: Also, the slideshow does seem to stop at the end rather than cycling in a loop.

Going to bed now! Three cheers for Barb!!! :ivar
    Elaine

This discussion has been closed.