Options

HEADS UP: New Release, March 17, 2008. Slideshow Issues?

Comments

• Options
    Erick LErick L Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Erick L wrote:
    Don't know if it's related but my homepage doesn't show up in IE. It worked fine two days ago.

Well, I took the slideshow out and it shows up fine now.

Another thing that might not be related, the thumbnails on the gallery page didn't show up in IE. I refreshed the page and they popped.
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    One more thing...Visitor View is very cool! I think I've punched that button a hundred times tonight! I noticed that no matter where I am on the site, hitting VV always takes me back to my homepage. Then I have to navigate back to where I was. Not a big deal...just thought I'd mention it.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 17, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    One more thing...Visitor View is very cool! I think I've punched that button a hundred times tonight! I noticed that no matter where I am on the site, hitting VV always takes me back to my homepage. Then I have to navigate back to where I was. Not a big deal...just thought I'd mention it.

We built it to reside solely on your homepage. It's only elsewhere because of your customization.

So I don't know if there is a solution to that for you. Sorry!
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    Craig RidleyCraig Ridley Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Did the release go in?
    I am confused (which is not really hard)! Did the new release actually go in successfully and if so what was updated?

Also, I thought we were supposed to get messages via smugmail for maintenace windows etc - I got nothing ne_nau.gif
    My Site: http://www.craigridley.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/craigridleyoutdoorphotography

Want to save $5 on a smugmug account? Use this coupon code: WzG2eZLQPGrqI
  • Options
    James SJames S Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Well the theme I have on mine is not working and neither is the slideshow. From what I can tell everyone with the old slideshow is no longer working. So I guess I need to update mine and put in the code for the new slideshow right?

If so it would have been nice to know this a few days before hand so I could update it.
  • Options
    JuscherlJuscherl Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Slideshow since maintenance
    HI!

I am new to this an dI am having a hard time finding my way through the tons of threads.

Since the update, I`ve got a slideshow in all of my galleries, but I don`t want it and hasn`t been there before!!!

headscratch.gif

Please help me!?
    Thanks

Juscherl
  • Options
    carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Slideshows not working
    The slideshows are not working on either of my sites, in FF or safari. Any help please ?

Caroline
    Mendip Blog - Blog from The Fog, life on the Mendips
    www.carolineshipsey.co.uk - Follow me on G+

[/URL]
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 17, 2008
    caroline wrote:
    The slideshows are not working on either of my sites, in FF or safari. Any help please ?

Caroline

it's a bug from our release earlier, we're working on it thumb.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    caroline wrote:

Caroline
    Hang tight, we're working on things.... Sorry for the hassle.
  • Options
    havanesehavanese Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Slideshow doesn't work now
    Yes I have the latest flash...

In Firefox and IE (using MS Vista Business) the slideshow doesn't work for my galleries.

It goes black and full screen with the words "Hit Escape to exit slideshow". In firefox the words fade out and I'm left with a black screen and in IE the words never leave the screen.

The slideshow never starts I can only hit ESC to get back to the gallery.

My photos
    Randy P.
    Fuji X shooter
    Thoughts and Images
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    havanese wrote:
    Yes I have the latest flash...

In Firefox and IE (using MS Vista Business) the slideshow doesn't work for my galleries.

It goes black and full screen with the words "Hit Escape to exit slideshow". In firefox the words fade out and I'm left with a black screen and in IE the words never leave the screen.

The slideshow never starts I can only hit ESC to get back to the gallery.

My photos
    Working out some bugs, sorry for the hassle, hang tight please.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Juscherl wrote:
    HI!

I am new to this an dI am having a hard time finding my way through the tons of threads.

Since the update, I`ve got a slideshow in all of my galleries, but I don`t want it and hasn`t been there before!!!

headscratch.gif

Please help me!?
    Thanks

Juscherl
    Hi, looking at your site I see normal smugmug style galleries. Can you pelase clear your cookies and try again? ear.gif
  • Options
    PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    slideshow / update
    My homepage slideshow is not working with Firefox

Edit: It sounds like your aware of this, sry, I know you guys are very busy and working hard .
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 17, 2008
    Pamela wrote:
    My homepage slideshow is not working with Firefox

Edit: It sounds like your aware of this, sry, I know you guys are very busy and working hard .

Pamela,

It working fine here for me, try a shift-refresh or trying your cache as a last resort.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    Pamela,

It working fine here for me, try a shift-refresh or trying your cache as a last resort.

Cheers,

David

What version of FF are you using?
    Mine is 1.5.0.6
    It worked yesterday, I really dont want to empty cache.

Edit: If I close out FF, then reoped , I get the first photo showing of the slideshow, and it just stays on the first photo.
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    rex wrote:
    Well the theme I have on mine is not working and neither is the slideshow. From what I can tell everyone with the old slideshow is no longer working. So I guess I need to update mine and put in the code for the new slideshow right?

If so it would have been nice to know this a few days before hand so I could update it.
    Hi Rex,
    stay tuned looking at your site.

EDIT: Rex, what is your site supposed to look like? I see you have sitewide theme of gradient white chosen, but you have other customizing in place, too. ear.gif
  • Options
    digitalpinsdigitalpins Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    HI all from reading every post in this thread seems like their are a few bugs... Are you still working out the bugs? The reason I ask is because my website was fine and now my slideshow is kinda working but after the very first picture that shows before my slideshow starts all of my photos are smaller for some reason after the first photo. Why? I did not change anything at all.....headscratch.gif This really has me confused...

please help

www.digitalpins.smugmug.com
    www.lamontphotography.com
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    Canon 10-22mm, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
    MacBook, MacPro
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    I went to a few of my friends who use flash slideshow, (not smugmug)
    and theirs is working with Firefox for me. I would think that mine would be ok.
    What do you suggest?
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    HI all from reading every post in this thread seems like their are a few bugs... Are you still working out the bugs? The reason I ask is because my website was fine and now my slideshow is kinda working but after the very first picture that shows before my slideshow starts all of my photos are smaller for some reason after the first photo. Why? I did not change anything at all.....headscratch.gif This really has me confused...

please help

www.digitalpins.smugmug.com
    Hi Ryan, I checked your site in 3 browsers, it all looks perfect here. Can you try clearing your browser cache completely, and closing, reopening your browser? ear.gif
  • Options
    James SJames S Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Rex,
    stay tuned looking at your site.

EDIT: Rex, what is your site supposed to look like? I see you have sitewide theme of gradient white chosen, but you have other customizing in place, too. ear.gif

Well the slideshow is now working. The sitewide theme is Gradient White. That is all for now that needs to be fixed.

I know some of my coding is a little off. It is on my TO DO list to completely overhaul the site.

If the theme cannot be fixed I can just change it. That is no big deal.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Ryan, I checked your site in 3 browsers, it all looks perfect here. Can you try clearing your browser cache completely, and closing, reopening your browser? ear.gif

Thanks Andy I tried that and it did not help.. the pics below is what I am seeing. Looking below my splash screen or the photo that starts before my slideshow is the size I want it but now when the slideshow starts my photos looked smaller left and right when compared to the splash screen (my first photo).... This was not the case before..... before they were just fine headscratch.gif

266846422_bwAps-L.jpg

266846439_6XYmR-L.jpg
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    MacBook, MacPro
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Thanks Andy I tried that and it did not help.. the pics below is what I am seeing. Looking below my splash screen or the photo that starts before my slideshow is the size I want it but now when the slideshow starts my photos looked smaller left and right when compared to the splash screen (my first photo).... This was not the case before..... before they were just fine headscratch.gif

266846422_bwAps-L.jpg

266846439_6XYmR-L.jpg

Your splash is an 800px image and you are telling your slideshow to load 723px images. We didn' t change that :)
  • Options
    gundoggundog Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Slideshow Repeating?
    Perhaps it's my imagination...it seems both of my sites slideshows on the home page repeated but now both do not on either IE or Firefox. Do they repeat for you?

Any ideas?

Thanks much!
    AL

www.pamjamesonphotography.com
    www.gundogphotos.com
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    ok thank you andy....hmmm is their anyway or how can I make my slideshow images appear a bit wider but centered in the box I have on my homepage?
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    MacBook, MacPro
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    ok thank you andy....hmmm is their anyway or how can I make my slideshow images appear a bit wider but centered in the box I have on my homepage?
    Please ask in the Shizam Slideshow thread, thank you.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    rex wrote:
    Well the slideshow is now working. The sitewide theme is Gradient White. That is all for now that needs to be fixed.

I know some of my coding is a little off. It is on my TO DO list to completely overhaul the site.

If the theme cannot be fixed I can just change it. That is no big deal.
    Rex, can we have permission to fix you up temporarily and then for good?
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    tdinardo wrote:
    It appears that my slideshow is no longer working correctly either. It runs through the gallery one time now. Before the update it cycled in a loop.

Loads and runs once with IE7 and FF. Thoght FF took about four minutes to load with "waiting for api.smugmug.com...." sitting in the lower left corner of the browser.... Once FF loads and plays the show once, that message is replaced with "Read api.smugmug.com".

Any ideas how to fix it?ne_nau.gif

Tom.

www.bellafaccie.com
    seems to be working for me, can you verify if this is still an issue?
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    gundog wrote:
    Perhaps it's my imagination...it seems both of my sites slideshows on the home page repeated but now both do not on either IE or Firefox. Do they repeat for you?

Any ideas?

Thanks much!
    AL

www.gundogphotos.com
    Might be a bug, we'll check. Stay tuned.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    I am confused (which is not really hard)! Did the new release actually go in successfully and if so what was updated?

Also, I thought we were supposed to get messages via smugmail for maintenace windows etc - I got nothing ne_nau.gif

http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/2008/03/17/silky-smooth-slideshow-eye-candy/
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 17, 2008
    gundog wrote:

Any ideas?

Thanks much!
    AL

www.gundogphotos.com

Hi Al,

Your slideshow is looping fine for me. Can you completely clear your cache and see if that helps.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
This discussion has been closed.