Options

HEADS UP: New Release, March 17, 2008. Slideshow Issues?

Comments

• Options
    rla1022rla1022 Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    My Slideshow is not working
    My show is not workig on my homepage in two different machines. I am using the flash slideshow and usingthe recenetly added phots feed. It does not work in FF or IE on either machine. My site is http://zoe-grace.smugmug.com

Thanks

Randy
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    On one computer the slideshow works but has title bar and sides so my 1920x1080 pictures do not fill the screen.
    On my other computer the slideshow is fullscreen but only the first picture appears and stalls or I just get a black screen that says press escape to exit fullsreen mode. Both are Vista and E7. All galleries are the same.

If my old slideshow code is causing this it's a big headache, If I enable the bio to use the flash code it appears on my homepage and galleries pages.

Well, this morning my home page slideshow works again:) Not sure what changed but that is good news. However, on one computer the "fullscreen" slideshow has a titlebar, and address bar, and sides. The slideshow works but it is not fullscreen. The other computer wants to go fullscreen, but locks on the opening page.
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • Options
    georgesgeorges Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Turning comments on and off?
    The new slide shows look great, but how do I turn the comments on or off?

Many of my galleries are locked into "journal" with the slide show button turned on. The old slideshow had a checkbox for turning comments on or off. I haven't found that option on the new slideshow. Right clicking brings up a flash dialog box.

Any hints?

Here's an example link:

http://Georges.smugmug.com/gallery/2841845_LBBe7/1/152251951_HNiSS

Thanks, gs
    See you later, gs

http://georgesphotos.net
  • Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Are there any plans to add the "Add to Shopping Cart" link back to the slideshow? I thought that was a nice feature. thumb.gif

David
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    Are there any plans to add the "Add to Shopping Cart" link back to the slideshow? I thought that was a nice feature. thumb.gif

David
    What slideshow? It's there now, in the gallery style, and always has been thumb.gif

20080317-rxhgkau12mk14f3pkyhcw6bj8g.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    georges wrote:
    The old slideshow had a checkbox for turning comments on or off.

You mean "captions" which are different than "comments" - correct, there's not that option at the moment, with the full screen slideshow. You can have them with the gallery style slideshow though thumb.gif
  • Options
    scottescotte Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    captions on fullscreen slideshow
    So no captions now with fullscreen slideshow
    because you are using Flash?

Also with window resizing the photos are cutoff depending on orientation.
    one more thing, does the size of the pictures have any effect on the slideshow speed. IE if i have originals enabled. It seems to run slower with the new Flash slideshow.
    thanks
  • Options
    georgesgeorges Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Sorry Andy, yes I did mean captions.

Frankly, if there's no option, I'd rather they were on than off.

Am I reading to much into your wording by thinking this option may return?
    Andy wrote:
    You mean "captions" which are different than "comments" - correct, there's not that option at the moment, with the full screen slideshow. You can have them with the gallery style slideshow though thumb.gif
    See you later, gs

http://georgesphotos.net
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    georges wrote:
    Am I reading to much into your wording by thinking this option may return?
    Could be, not really sure. We'll see what future releases bring. Thanks for letting us know how important they are to you!
  • Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    What slideshow? It's there now, in the gallery style, and always has been thumb.gif
    No, the old gallery slideshow had the banner at the top that allowed you to see the image # you were viewing, and a few options.. INCLUDING 'add to cart'. It was that banner at the top in the old full screen slideshow.

David
  • Options
    scottescotte Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    full screen slideshow captions
    So no more captions on the fullscreen slideshow?
    I used them all the time.

was it considered to perhaps put that feature in the slideshow before using it?

Is it going to happen in the future?

very disappointing

thanks
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    No, the old gallery slideshow had the banner at the top that allowed you to see the image # you were viewing, and a few options.. INCLUDING 'add to cart'. It was that banner at the top in the old full screen slideshow.

David
    sorry, fs slideshow did not have add to cart:
    20080317-jwsm8sjeuckd2gc6sxugs33fak.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    scotte wrote:
    So no more captions on the fullscreen slideshow?
    I used them all the time.

was it considered to perhaps put that feature in the slideshow before using it?

Is it going to happen in the future?

very disappointing

thanks
    Thanks for telling us how important they are to you!
    We'll see what can be done, give us some time.
  • Options
    shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Cannot see my Header Image in IE7
    Andy wrote:
    Thanks for telling us how important they are to you!
    We'll see what can be done, give us some time.

Hey guys,

Last night I noticed there was a message in the placeholder for the header image (not sure what the technical term is- but this is the image that one can paste on every page above the Navbar). Once you maintenance was completed, I can see that image correctly in Safari and Firefox, but cannot see any image above my Navbar in IE7. What do you think is wrong? headscratch.gifne_nau.gif

Thanks

Nikhil
    http://shniks.smugmug.com
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 17, 2008
    rex wrote:
    Well the slideshow is now working. The sitewide theme is Gradient White. That is all for now that needs to be fixed.

I know some of my coding is a little off. It is on my TO DO list to completely overhaul the site.

If the theme cannot be fixed I can just change it. That is no big deal.

Hi :)

Can you check your site now? Is it back to normal?
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Still Not working can anyone help
    rla1022 wrote:
    My show is not workig on my homepage in two different machines. I am using the flash slideshow and usingthe recenetly added phots feed. It does not work in FF or IE on either machine. My site is http://zoe-grace.smugmug.com

Thanks

Randy
    Mine is still not working. [url]Http://zoe-grace.smugmug.com[/url]
    i was using the recent photos feed and switched to a single gallery thinking maybe it was the videos that i uploaded that broke it. Stillnot working though
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    rla1022 wrote:
    Mine is still not working. [URL="Http://zoe-grace.smugmug.com"]Http://zoe-grace.smugmug.com[/URL]
    i was using the recent photos feed and switched to a single gallery thinking maybe it was the videos that i uploaded that broke it. Stillnot working though

Look now. Working? The AlbumKey needs to be on a separate line in the slideshow code. Take a look.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Barb wrote:
    Look now. Working? The AlbumKey needs to be on a separate line in the slideshow code. Take a look.

Thank you Barb.
  • Options
    PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Im at work now, my web only shows the first photo of my slideshow, the slideshow isnt running. Im using IE, my friend tried my site using FF, she said it was not working at that time. (2hrs ago)

Currently it isnt working from this pc with IE.
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    Pamela wrote:
    Im at work now, my web only shows the first photo of my slideshow, the slideshow isnt running. Im using IE, my friend tried my site using FF, she said it was not working at that time. (2hrs ago)

Currently it isnt working from this pc with IE.

Hi,

Your slideshow is working great for me. It is possible that your work is blocking flash or something else?
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    I found the problem- the update I guess erased some CSS Code
    shniks wrote:
    Hey guys,

Last night I noticed there was a message in the placeholder for the header image (not sure what the technical term is- but this is the image that one can paste on every page above the Navbar). Once you maintenance was completed, I can see that image correctly in Safari and Firefox, but cannot see any image above my Navbar in IE7. What do you think is wrong? headscratch.gifne_nau.gif

Thanks

Nikhil

Interestingly the update seems to have erased some of the CSS code (specifically it deleted parts of the URL for the header image). I replaced the URL in the CSS and now it is working fine.

Cheers,

Nikhil
  • Options
    PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Barb wrote:
    Hi,

Your slideshow is working great for me. It is possible that your work is blocking flash or something else?

Barb

You could be right about that. I havent checked that here. I will check on another computer .

Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
  • Options
    scooter78666scooter78666 Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    What happened to captions in slideshows?
    I just now logged onto my SmugMug albums. Surprise,Surprise. I hardly recognized the slideshow format! Can't say just yet if I like the changes or not. But I most definitely wiill NOT like them if I can't find a way to display captions while in full-screen slideshow mode. Can someone tell me how to do that? I detest in general the large number of totally uncaptioned, unidentified pics which I find in Online photo albums generally. But if others don't care to caption their photos, so be it. But MINE are captioned, virtually exery single one of my thousands of Smug Mug photos. If I cannot display those captions while in full-screen slideshow mode, THAT will be a major setback!

Please tell me I can...and how to. Thanks (scooter78666)
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    I just now logged onto my SmugMug albums. Surprise,Surprise. I hardly recognized the slideshow format! Can't say just yet if I like the changes or not. But I most definitely wiill NOT like them if I can't find a way to display captions while in full-screen slideshow mode. Can someone tell me how to do that? I detest in general the large number of totally uncaptioned, unidentified pics which I find in Online photo albums generally. But if others don't care to caption their photos, so be it. But MINE are captioned, virtually exery single one of my thousands of Smug Mug photos. If I cannot display those captions while in full-screen slideshow mode, THAT will be a major setback!

Please tell me I can...and how to. Thanks (scooter78666)
    Thanks for the feedback - you can't, right now. We'll surely discuss this internally and we really appreciate your post!
  • Options
    scooter78666scooter78666 Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback - you can't, right now. We'll surely discuss this internally and we really appreciate your post!

Thanks, Andy.
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Well, this morning my home page slideshow works again:) Not sure what changed but that is good news. However, on one computer the "fullscreen" slideshow has a titlebar, and address bar, and sides. The slideshow works but it is not fullscreen. The other computer wants to go fullscreen, but locks on the opening page.

OK, I got the two computers to act alike. I deleted the flash plugins and active-x for adobe. The slideshow then reloaded the flash plugin.
    I deleted everthing from customization to make it virgin and when I click slideshow the screen still goes black and says "click esc to exit fullscreen mode". Then nothing.
    Once in a while the first picture will load, but that's it.

Not sure I like seeing thumbnails below the picture though, they should disappear if you move the curser off the screen.
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • Options
    guyguy Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    We plan on doing some system maintenance in conjunction with a planned new release, this Sunday night, March 16th. If all goes well, we'll be in read only mode for about 30 minutes. Photos will be viewable but you won't be able to update your sites, add photos, or use the shopping cart while in read only mode.

Exact time is to be determined, but if I had to guess it'll be somewhere +/- an hour or two from midnight, California time.

More precise info as we know it.
    So after reading through all this thread could someone at SM give us a summary of the changes that were made & features that were added / changed? It's hard to decipher among the chaff

• Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    guy wrote:
    So after reading through all this thread could someone at SM give us a summary of the changes that were made & features that were added / changed? It's hard to decipher among the chaff

Here ya go :)

http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2008
    guy wrote:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=86130
  • Options
    ChillerChiller Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    I seem to be having the slideshow issue too. I have checked on different computers at work . Some use Firefox, some use IE. But it seems to be either stuck on my first image, or just a little green Smugmuggy thingy in the middle of the page. headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif
This discussion has been closed.