Options

Muench University: Discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,813 moderator
    edited March 25, 2008
    Sorry folks, I just sent three images and the username and caption did not show.

http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/2241599_cuTt6#270415692_gFhR4-S-LB

ziggy53

"Trail at Eberle Park"

http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/2241599_cuTt6#270416420_4aDoQ-S-LB

ziggy53

"Sunburst Sunrise"

http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/2241599_cuTt6#270417287_icFcA-S-LB

ziggy53

"Park Bench"

Thanks for the help. thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    ziggy53 wrote:

Thanks for the help. thumb.gif

You're welcome!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    I'm going to enjoy watching this, thanks for doing it! I've decided to send a couple.

Tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • Options
    OsirisPhotoOsirisPhoto Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    Hmm, this image won't upload. Tried twice, 1st time attached to HTML email, 2nd as plain text. Two others uploaded OK (apart from name / title... added to comments).

[Edit] Scrub that.. both images have now appeared :D Please delete the one without the title.
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2008
    Hmm, this image won't upload. Tried twice, 1st time attached to HTML email, 2nd as plain text. Two others uploaded OK (apart from name / title... added to comments).

It's there. I deleted the HTML one, which didn't have a caption. But it's all good. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2008
    Please note:

We'll be closing the first round of Muench University tomorrow, which means sometime before midnight, EST on 3/26.

We will be opening the gallery for submissions again, not to worry. But the window for getting your submissions in for this first round is coming to a close.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2008
    DavidTO wrote:
    Please note:

We'll be closing the first round of Muench University tomorrow, which means sometime before midnight, EST on 3/26.

We will be opening the gallery for submissions again, not to worry. But the window for getting your submissions in for this first round is coming to a close.

Once the round closes tonight, does the critique end also? Then round 2 will start? I'm assuming we would want to enter different landscapes each round if we're not critiqued?

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2008
    Tessa HD wrote:
    Once the round closes tonight, does the critique end also? Then round 2 will start? I'm assuming we would want to enter different landscapes each round if we're not critiqued?

No, Marc just has enough for now. He's got more critiques up his sleeve in this round, no worries. thumb.gif

And yes, about different images. If Marc is going to comment on it, he'll do it in the round it was submitted. If he passes, he's not likely to find a reason to comment on it in the future. Make sense?
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2008
    DavidTO wrote:
    No, Marc just has enough for now. He's got more critiques up his sleeve in this round, no worries. thumb.gif

And yes, about different images. If Marc is going to comment on it, he'll do it in the round it was submitted. If he passes, he's not likely to find a reason to comment on it in the future. Make sense?

Yup. I was trying to get a feel for how things were going to proceed and how many from each round he'd critique. Thanks.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    can we get a "this sucks" or a "cant be improved" from marc instead of nothing at all...?:D eek7.gifheadscratch.gifthumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2008
    can we get a "this sucks" or a "cant be improved" from marc instead of nothing at all...?:D eek7.gifheadscratch.gifthumb.gif

Marc has already addressed this question. :D
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008

Sure---

YOURS SUCK AND CANNOT BE IMPROVED.

Quite photography NOW! rolleyes1.gif

How is that? :D
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Sure---

YOURS SUCK AND CANNOT BE IMPROVED.

Quite photography NOW! rolleyes1.gif

How is that? :D

that one was used on yours, give me something fresh:D
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2008

why do i try to be funny, im not good at it....(except for that last post)
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2008

I was going to ask & tell you the very same thing! rolleyes1.gif

That makes two things I know you are not good at!
    :jawdrop Thats a burn right there!! blbl.gif:D

Aaron Newman

• Options
    edited March 26, 2008
    rolleyes1.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2008

I laughed, but I have a corny sense of humor. :D

Seriously, I like your suggestion because those of us that don't get critiqued will wonder - was it too good to be critiqued, or too bad to be critiqued. For myself, I'm sure I'll lean toward the latter. I submitted my only two half decent landscapes! :D I'm going to have to do some serious shootin to have anything for round 2!

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2008
    Tessa HD wrote:
    I laughed, but I have a corny sense of humor. :D

Seriously, I like your suggestion because those of us that don't get critiqued will wonder - was it too good to be critiqued, or too bad to be critiqued. For myself, I'm sure I'll lean toward the latter. I submitted my only two half decent landscapes! :D I'm going to have to do some serious shootin to have anything for round 2!

i hear ya, but now i think about it, i really dont want a crit unless it is fully discussed. a simple "that sucks" would just leave me more questions..:D

(david:D , Aaron & I do alot of PM'g on the side, so our trash talk has bleed over to this thread...sorry about that!) (im always apologizing for Aaron and his actions:D )
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2008
    a simple "that sucks" would just leave me more questions..:D

good point!

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    Hey guys, yeah it can be mystifying to not get picked for the personal critique but dem's da rules, stated clear as mud.

Marc regularly contributes to the "normal" threads in this forum - and don't forget all the great advice and opinions of your talented fellow shooters. You know if you want the c/c down and dirty, usually a request for it in your OP will do the trick. deal.gif
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    The gallery is now closed for round one submissions. All the entries look awesome! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2008
    Okay bring on the next whipping- I am getting lonely in the corner! rolleyes1.gif

Seriously- does anyone else have additional points on my photo Marc picked - that you see room for improvement? Good - bad - indifferent?

According to the rules deal.gif we should all be allowed to make our own comments as well.

Aaron Newman

• Options
    davemandaveman Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Okay bring on the next whipping- I am getting lonely in the corner! rolleyes1.gif

Seriously- does anyone else have additional points on my photo Marc picked - that you see room for improvement? Good - bad - indifferent?

According to the rules deal.gif we should all be allowed to make our own comments as well.

I do not really have any additional comments on the shot Marc selected - I could see what he meant with his comments and I like the changes he introduced. I think that shot is nice, but not one of your best.

However, I am hoping he will comment on your shot "The Light" - I think that shot is outstanding; I would enjoy his and others perspective on it.

Dave
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2008
    hey Aaron,
    i will comment...mwink.gif

I am definitly in agreement with comments of your shot needing cloning for the foot prints…
    You know me….photoshop all the way!
    The white sand; I agree needed to have some pop, but how much?….imo a little more than you had, a little less than Marc did….
    As for composition; if you ever get the chance to do a shot like that again, get about halfway closer to the top of the dune and shot a little lower for me….that’s the look I like to see with dunes…(and no, I don’t like any I have done yet so don’t ask for an example….)
    Anyway the top line of that dune looked like it had some good structure to it, and I would have like to seen it better…
    that’s one of those shots you take 100 clicks as you get closer and closer to the top….
    (but in your case take 1000 cuz you suck):D
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2008
    daveman wrote:
    I do not really have any additional comments on the shot Marc selected - I could see what he meant with his comments and I like the changes he introduced. I think that shot is nice, but not one of your best.

However, I am hoping he will comment on your shot "The Light" - I think that shot is outstanding; I would enjoy his and others perspective on it.

Dave

Thank you Dave-
    I would be interested in a harsh critique of that shot as well. I know there are a few spots blown out but it is a once click shot. I am seeing more and more use of merging two exposures (that would be one of them) so I am sure that would be brought up. Otherwise I love that shot.

Aaron Newman

• Options
    edited March 27, 2008
    hey Aaron,
    i will comment...mwink.gif

I am definitly in agreement with comments of your shot needing cloning for the foot prints…
    You know me….photoshop all the way!
    The white sand; I agree needed to have some pop, but how much?….imo a little more than you had, a little less than Marc did….
    As for composition; if you ever get the chance to do a shot like that again, get about halfway closer to the top of the dune and shot a little lower for me….that’s the look I like to see with dunes…(and no, I don’t like any I have done yet so don’t ask for an example….)
    Anyway the top line of that dune looked like it had some good structure to it, and I would have like to seen it better…
    that’s one of those shots you take 100 clicks as you get closer and closer to the top….
    (but in your case take 1000 cuz you suck):D
    rolleyes1.gif Yeah- just wait till we shoot together. You'll see what's up. Just ask Kdog deal.gif
    I hate looking through 100 shots let alone 1,000!!

I hope I can find a reason to go back to El Paso or Alamogordo for work this year so I can get out to the dunes again. Pretty awesome place.

Aaron Newman

• Options
    edited March 27, 2008
    ummm, Tessa....your on next.....thumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:

I got to join ya! What a beautiful photo of the white sands! I like how Marc brightened it, I never would have thought to do that. The sky is incredible in itself, which makes me feel it should take up more space. Even though the sands are impressive, and there are a couple of interesting curves, I would have cropped some off the right and the bottom to enhance those curves and the sky as well.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
  • Options
    jdmphotojdmphoto Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    Hi, I submited some pics only to find out after doing so that the entries were closed as of March 26.11doh.gif When does the next round start and will I need to re-submit?
    See my photo's athttp://jdmphoto.smugmug.com/

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
  • Options
    jdmphotojdmphoto Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    One more question.
    Is it supposed to be muenchiversity (without quotations) or
    "muenchiversity" (with quotations)?
    I know it's a stupid question but I gotta ask.ne_nau.gif
    See my photo's athttp://jdmphoto.smugmug.com/

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.