Options

Muench University: Discussion thread

12346»

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited October 24, 2012
    Is there a way to remove an image that I thought I had already removed and replace it with another?
    Hello Dr Calohandre, welcome to Dgrin. clap.gif

I moved your post from the main Meunch U thread to this discussion thread which is the proper place to discuss matters like this. The main thread is to be used only by Marc and the person whose picture is being reviewed.

When you post a picture, please be sure to add your name and image title as a comment to your picture. Use the Add Comment button towards the lower left corner of the gallery page when displaying your image.

For the image you would like deleted, please add your name to the comment so I know which one is yours, and state that you'd like it deleted and I will take care of it.

Looking forward to seeing your entries.

Regards,
    -joel
  • Options
    Dr CalohandreDr Calohandre Banned Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2012
    kdog wrote: »
    Hello Dr Calohandre, welcome to Dgrin. clap.gif

I moved your post from the main Meunch U thread to this discussion thread which is the proper place to discuss matters like this. The main thread is to be used only by Marc and the person whose picture is being reviewed.

When you post a picture, please be sure to add your name and image title as a comment to your picture. Use the Add Comment button towards the lower left corner of the gallery page when displaying your image.

For the image you would like deleted, please add your name to the comment so I know which one is yours, and state that you'd like it deleted and I will take care of it.

Looking forward to seeing your entries.

Regards,
    -joel

Would you please remove all three images and allow me to repost in a proper manner. Also, please clear the cache in Muench Univ download file as this is where I think the problem originated. Thanks, sorry for the boo-boo. New forums are always such an adventure but so far, I like the way this one is arranged.
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2012
    Would you please remove all three images and allow me to repost in a proper manner. Also, please clear the cache in Muench Univ download file as this is where I think the problem originated. Thanks, sorry for the boo-boo. New forums are always such an adventure but so far, I like the way this one is arranged.

I believe you actually posted four images. I removed the first three and left the last one. Again, if you post any more pictures, PLEASE put your Dgrin username and a title for the picture in the comment area for the picture, per the submission instructions. I mentioned how to do this in my previous reply above as well. Let me know if that's not obvious or if I need to improve the instructions in some way. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2012
    kdog wrote: »
    I believe you actually posted four images. I removed the first three and left the last one. Again, if you post any more pictures, PLEASE put your Dgrin username and a title for the picture in the comment area for the picture, per the submission instructions. I mentioned how to do this in my previous reply above as well. Let me know if that's not obvious or if I need to improve the instructions in some way. Thank you.

Sorry for all the confusion. I posted one, then changed my mind and deleted it but evidently, it did not delete..then I posted the other three but the last of those did not copy over which left the first one in place...I haven't done anything since your post about moving and my post about deleting...may be a few days as my computer just went on the major fritz and is off to be repaired as soon as I finish this lengthy missive.

Finished. bye.
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2012
    Sorry for all the confusion. I posted one, then changed my mind and deleted it but evidently, it did not delete..then I posted the other three but the last of those did not copy over which left the first one in place...I haven't done anything since your post about moving and my post about deleting...may be a few days as my computer just went on the major fritz and is off to be repaired as soon as I finish this lengthy missive.

Finished. bye.
    So did I leave the right one?
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2012
    This is in response to a correspondence between Marc and me regarding the image he did with Snowgirl:

Since I never pass up an opportunity to learn a new trick, but do not use LR but instead CS6 and ACR, I wondered why you chose to cool down a late afternoon sun. I had a go at her submitted image choosing to go warmer and got a slightly different result but now have to challenge my own take on the original subject. Did I misread the original histogram or have I oversaturated my warm tones or is it just another take?

Thanks ahead for any insight you can give me on this. I apologize for the smaller image size but have since deleted my original edit.

8141442589_9a5e018794_o.jpg
  • Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2012
    Hi. Interesting take on the photo. It was actually shot mid-morning and the light was quite harsh. Any warmth to the colours was from the buildings, boats and autumn leaves (it was October).

I like that you cloned out the mailboxes and front of the car (on the right above the boat). It may be my monitors but the colours on the boats and buildings on your version seem a little paler than mine.

Just as a point of interest, the reddish brown building between the yellow and blue ones has since been demolished.

Thanks for your interest and suggestions. :D
    This is in response to a correspondence between Marc and me regarding the image he did with Snowgirl:

Since I never pass up an opportunity to learn a new trick, but do not use LR but instead CS6 and ACR, I wondered why you chose to cool down a late afternoon sun. I had a go at her submitted image choosing to go warmer and got a slightly different result but now have to challenge my own take on the original subject. Did I misread the original histogram or have I oversaturated my warm tones or is it just another take?

Thanks ahead for any insight you can give me on this. I apologize for the smaller image size but have since deleted my original edit.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2013
    I must say that I have been truly enjoying the photos (both "before" and "after") and the commentary. I feel I have learned quite a bit just from reading through this thread.

Awesome information and beautiful images. I will admit to being a bit envious of the gorgeous vistas that have been documented. Pretty drab & non-descript where I live. Maybe that is one reason why I love to just keep coming back to this thread to see the beautiful landscapes.....

Sherry
  • Options
    Gearfish502Gearfish502 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 26, 2013
    ah,,, such memories...
    Here we go

anwmn1
    White Sands

269071500_akaor-M.jpg

I don't like the foot prints on the distant dune nore the ones near the FG
    The sand is not bright enough
    The composition is split into thirds which does work well

I don't see a subject in this composition, so it could be used as a background because of the rather beautiful sky. Since it lacks a subject I do not find it as compelling as it could, given the wonderful mood and location.

What were you thinkingdeal.gif

:" ..Aloha!! I just wanted to say hello to my good friend Marc...Its been a long time!!! Gasp!! Just looking at this photo brought good memories..guess i been in the jungle too long.... Marc.. No foot prints in the death valley shots yeah?... take care my friend... Geary Haynes.
  • Options
    Paul LaubachPaul Laubach Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 24, 2013
    Is Muench university still active?
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2013
    Marc is very busy with his workshop series and other projects. We've been incredibly fortunate to have had him in this forum, however it's not clear if he'll find the time to do another round any time soon.
  • Options
    Paul LaubachPaul Laubach Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 25, 2013
    Thank you for your response. I was amazed to see one of my favorite photographers doing something like this. I've learned a lot from the discussions of previous rounds. Looking forward to seeing Marc's latest work.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    Muench University has moved campus over to Google+ and we hope to see you there :D
  • Options
    JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2013
    Great, one less draw for this forum.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.