Options

Muench University: Discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    jovittajovitta Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    sent another one
    I sent another pic didnt go through headscratch.gifheadscratch.gifne_nau.gif did it accordingly to the rules jovitta
    BE YOURSELF FRIENDS WILL LIKE YOU FOR YOUR OWN UNIQUE PERSONALITY AND STYLE
    http://jeffovittphotography.com
    Member; NANPA
    Equipment: Canon 5D, 1DS, 16-35 F2.8, 70-200 F4, 580EX Flash, Galen Rowell GND filters, Singh-Ray Vari-ND filter, Lee filter holder,Gitzo 2227 tripod & monfotto 3221 tripod, Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead,
    Epson 3880 pro pinter, CS5, Nik software complete edition, Photomatix.
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    jovitta wrote:
    I sent another pic didnt go through headscratch.gifheadscratch.gifne_nau.gif did it accordingly to the rules jovitta

I see this one you commented on. Is the following one yours too?

If you still have one missing let me know. Or you can post/link it here and I'll add it to the gallery thumb.gif
  • Options
    jovittajovitta Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    yes
    schmoo wrote:
    I see this one you commented on. Is the following one yours too?

If you still have one missing let me know. Or you can post/link it here and I'll add it to the gallery thumb.gif

yes that one is mine, I will add the missing one to this reply thanks jovitta title soft current
    BE YOURSELF FRIENDS WILL LIKE YOU FOR YOUR OWN UNIQUE PERSONALITY AND STYLE
    http://jeffovittphotography.com
    Member; NANPA
    Equipment: Canon 5D, 1DS, 16-35 F2.8, 70-200 F4, 580EX Flash, Galen Rowell GND filters, Singh-Ray Vari-ND filter, Lee filter holder,Gitzo 2227 tripod & monfotto 3221 tripod, Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead,
    Epson 3880 pro pinter, CS5, Nik software complete edition, Photomatix.
  • Options
    TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Is it too late to submit an image for round two? I would love to have mine atleast looked at.

Thanks.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2008
    Trevlan wrote:
    Is it too late to submit an image for round two? I would love to have mine atleast looked at.

Thanks.
    Hi Trevlan,

I'm moving your post to this thread, where we discuss the whole MU thing. The other thread is basically just for Marc and the person that he's address. thumb.gif

It's a little late for Round Two, but you can certainly submit for Round Three! lol3.gif Just submit three images as per the first post in this thread and good luck!
  • Options
    TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2008
    DavidTO wrote:
    Did you include your username on the upload? There are several images up there (not all yours, I'm sure) that don't have a username. Which one of the images is yours? Maybe provide a link?

Please ALL: include your username in your entry.

I did as requested but did not see username and title in posted entry, so I followed instructions as referenced in this thread by Schmoo.
    If the captioning doesn't work through the email submission just leave a comment underneath the image and we'll fix it.

Thanks
    Donna
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2008
    Tentacion wrote:
    I did as requested but did not see username and title in posted entry, so I followed instructions as referenced in this thread by Schmoo.

Thanks
    Donna

No problem, fixed! And thanks for the heads-up in the thread thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2008
    Bump! It's that time again, and Marc is now ready for a new set of victims. lol3.gif

Round Four submissions to be found here

The sticky is updated, too
  • Options
    inspiredartsinspiredarts Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited December 28, 2008
    Still doing critiques on Landscape Images?
    Marc,

Are you still doing critiques on Landscape images? I looked around and couldn't find any end date. I'm a real newbie here and I figured what the hay - I'll put my feet in the fire - all the fires I can find.

BJ
  • Options
    edited December 28, 2008
    Marc,

Are you still doing critiques on Landscape images? I looked around and couldn't find any end date. I'm a real newbie here and I figured what the hay - I'll put my feet in the fire - all the fires I can find.

BJ

Marc is surely doing critiques as often as he's able. The last critique was only a few days ago so we're still pretty active! Just submit your images as per the MU rules and sit back! You can also post images in your own thread for the rest of us to see and nitpick. Give us a try thumb.gif
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Marc is surely doing critiques as often as he's able. The last critique was only a few days ago so we're still pretty active! Just submit your images as per the MU rules and sit back! You can also post images in your own thread for the rest of us to see and nitpick. Give us a try thumb.gif

If you submit an image, you may want to subscribe to the thread, so you're notified of new posts. deal.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    inspiredartsinspiredarts Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited December 28, 2008
    Subscribe to Thread
    DavidTO wrote:
    If you submit an image, you may want to subscribe to the thread, so you're notified of new posts. deal.gif

Yes, I had planned to and i see a few others I am subscribing to. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    astockwellastockwell Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2009
    Submitted, but for some reason sent the email twice, so my shots are seen twice in the gallery, and I would like to get rid of the lighthouse shots, as I uploaded the wrong file by mistake, sorry... The shots in question are teh six most recent uploads in the gallery.

-Andy
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2009
    Submitted, but for some reason sent the email twice, so my shots are seen twice in the gallery, and I would like to get rid of the lighthouse shots, as I uploaded the wrong file by mistake, sorry... The shots in question are teh six most recent uploads in the gallery.

-Andy

Hey Andy, no worries! I removed the extras for you. These are really gorgeous and you have a great eye. So much nice working coming in from Dgrin! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Hey Andy, no worries! I removed the extras for you. These are really gorgeous and you have a great eye. So much nice working coming in from Dgrin! thumb.gif

Thanks, can you remove the lighthouse shot also, I uploaded the wrong file, by accident. I am going to upload the correct one once you delete the other one. Thanks again, and thanks for your comments.
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2009
    Thanks, can you remove the lighthouse shot also, I uploaded the wrong file, by accident. I am going to upload the correct one once you delete the other one. Thanks again, and thanks for your comments.

OK, done! :D
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2009
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2009
    Hey Schmoo,
    Is the fourth round still open? Submitted two shots last night and haven't seen them entered in the gallery yet. Just checking.
    Thanks,
    E
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2009
    eoren1 wrote:
    Hey Schmoo,
    Is the fourth round still open? Submitted two shots last night and haven't seen them entered in the gallery yet. Just checking.
    Thanks,
    E

Hmmm I haven't gotten word to start the next round yet. Can you try submitting them again? I see a lot of new images in there:

http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/6728703_rivVZ

If all else fails you can send me a PM with link and I can move them.
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Hmmm I haven't gotten word to start the next round yet. Can you try submitting them again? I see a lot of new images in there:

http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/6728703_rivVZ

If all else fails you can send me a PM with link and I can move them.

Never mind Schmoo
    They made it but ended up on the first page (I kept looking for them to appear at the end)
    E
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2009
    Marc's got a couple more to do from the last round, but the gallery for Round Five is ready and waiting. deal.gif

The first post has been updated so you can view all the past galleries. You guys blow my mind away with the level of work we have right here!
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    first two are mine, i dont know why my user name didnt appear.
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2009
    first two are mine, i dont know why my user name didnt appear.

Friggin' email uploads! lol3.gif

No worries, I added them for you. :)
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    thanks Schmoo, i added a third but again i forgot to change the file name before sending....ugh sorry...
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2009
    thanks Schmoo, i added a third but again i forgot to change the file name before sending....ugh sorry...

S'all good! :D

The filename is added to the caption by default due to the gallery settings, but whatever you enter into the body of the email when you submit it will take priority.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited August 13, 2009
    Marc,

I am always surprised how many folks do not seem to appreciate the improvement available from the correction of chromatic aberration that even very high quality lenses display at times, that is so easy to do in ACR or Lightroom.

:lurk
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2009
    In the first imago, the ACR defaults are not present.

Default is red/green and blue/yellow sliders are at zero, and Defringe is set to none. The numbers in the second image are the numbers needed for correction of chromatic aberration for that specific lens for that specific image. The numbers don't vary very much for prime lenses focused at infinity, but zooms can vary more depending on focal length and distance from the sensor plane.

• Options
    edited August 13, 2009
    Here is what I would change in ACR. Keep in mind I am trying to match the color and contrast you have created in your posted version.
    20090813-59h72w2yy42h3if3qa157cgmj.jpg

I changed the color temp, exp, recovery, fill light, blks, clarity and vib sliders.
    There is no way to retain all the highlight exp so I only under exp it by half a stop/-.55

Hey Marc,
    Thanks for sharing this detailed approach (or at least part 1 of itthumb.gif). My only question is in your leaving the default brightness and contrast settings in ACR. I had seen a video by Martin Evening URL="http://lightroom-news.com/2009/03/21/exposure-and-brightness-adjustments/"]link[/URL a while back about the use of brightness and exposure in LR and, since then, have changed my default brightness to 25 so that I now use the exposure slider much more to adjust the overall 'brightness' of the image. I would love to hear your take on this.
    Thanks,
    E
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2009
    FWIW I moved the last 3 posts out of the MU thread to this one. Great discussion and info that I think is good for all shooters to know :D
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2009
    I wondered where my posts went, I thought maybe off in to the ether somewhere:D :D

Maybe I need to make a tute about Chromatic aberration in RAW, as it really helps my glass a bit anyway