Options

Show us your mug! Introduce yourself here.

Comments

• Options
    Richard KingRichard King Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 8, 2009
    Hi from Nottingham
    Hi

My name is Richard, My wife is Elizabeth. I am both a website designer and wedding photographer. My wife Elizabeth is a wedding planner

We just dropped in to see what makes you guys tick, and to chat photography

To answer the usual questions - we shoot Nikon, Use PC's and really love our work

Regards

Richard King
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2009
    Hi

My name is Richard, My wife is Elizabeth. I am both a website designer and wedding photographer. My wife Elizabeth is a wedding planner

To answer the usual questions - we shoot Nikon, Use PC's and really love our work

Regards

Richard King
    Welcome Elizabeth and Richard! clap.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 9, 2009
    Hi

Regards

Richard King

welcome wave.gif

I moved you over here to the Introduction thread. Nowwe hope you'll post a mugshot thumb.gif

• Options
    hawkeye86hawkeye86 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 9, 2009
    I'm Hawkeye, a yappie (yet another Pentaxian!). I've been known to shoot anything that moves. Especially after it stops. This is still too much fun to be work for me.

A self portrait:

541959524_9khwt-Th.jpg

Glad to be here.
  • Options
    Richard KingRichard King Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 9, 2009
    Angelo wrote:
    welcome wave.gif

I moved you over here to the Introduction thread. Nowwe hope you'll post a mugshot thumb.gif

have a look here - That was last year at our wedding

http://www.clairejuliette.co.uk/galleries/displayimage.php?album=87&pos=156
  • Options
    jrogersjrogers Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    hawkeye86 wrote:
    I'm Hawkeye, a yappie (yet another Pentaxian!). I've been known to shoot anything that moves. Especially after it stops. This is still too much fun to be work for me.

A self portrait:

541959524_9khwt-Th.jpg

Glad to be here.

Welcome! What's a 'yappie?'
  • Options
    thetatheta Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 13, 2009
    Hello all. I'm growing interest in digital photography and your site is wonderful. I'm looking forward to the challenges, they really look like fun. Now I just have to come up with a creative shot of myself.
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2009
    theta wrote:
    Hello all. I'm growing interest in digital photography and your site is wonderful. I'm looking forward to the challenges, they really look like fun. Now I just have to come up with a creative shot of myself.
    Welcome!thumb.gif
  • Options
    Mother GooseMother Goose Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    Hello, new guy here from Colorado. My girlfriend's brother told me to check this site out, so here I am. I'm semi-new to photography, and totally new to DSLR. I just picked up a Nikon D40 on Friday and trying to learn as much as I can. Hope to learn a lot from everyone on this site. :D

My girlfriend, Kristin, and I @ Red Rocks Amphitheater yesterday. I blinked on the first 2 shots, so she was trying to help me out.

dsc0074y.jpg
    Chadwick
    Nikon D40
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited June 15, 2009
    Welcome MG!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    DarosKDarosK Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2009
    Hi all, brand new member here. Name's Daros - from city of KK, Malaysia on the island of Borneo. Hope to get involved in this community and learn/share.

This my mug :D

selfportrait.jpg
    Daros K.
    "Shooting Wide" - My journal on manual focus lenses
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2009
    DarosK wrote:
    Hi all, brand new member here. Name's Daros - from city of KK, Malaysia on the island of Borneo. Hope to get involved in this community and learn/share.
    This my mug :D
    Welcome! clap.gif
  • Options
    glockman99glockman99 Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited June 19, 2009
    This is glockman99
    Me, shot by me:

Dann B&W.jpg
    Dann Fassnacht (glockman99)
    Aberdeen, WA USA
    glockman99@hotmail.com
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited June 20, 2009
    glockman99 wrote:
    Me, shot by me:

Welcome wave.gif
  • Options
    photostuffphotostuff Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2009
    Hola!
    Hello, Im not brave enough to post my mug here, but I am new to smugmug, with a power level account, as of a few weeks ago. I finally got my smugmug site, http://wildworldphoto.net, to appear presentable and have a couple galleries set up so far. However there is much more to do to and more galleries to add. One thing Im going to do is replace my images with versions that are optimized for file size, to make the images load faster. Its not too bad now, but I think that with broadband they ought to load faster than they do now. If anyone reading this can check it out from your end, Id appreciate it. I hate to think how they load with dialup 11doh.gif
  • Options
    Dave PDave P Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited June 21, 2009
    photostuff wrote:
    Hello, Im not brave enough to post my mug here, but I am new to smugmug, with a power level account, as of a few weeks ago. I finally got my smugmug site, http://wildworldphoto.net, to appear presentable and have a couple galleries set up so far. However there is much more to do to and more galleries to add. One thing Im going to do is replace my images with versions that are optimized for file size, to make the images load faster. Its not too bad now, but I think that with broadband they ought to load faster than they do now. If anyone reading this can check it out from your end, Id appreciate it. I hate to think how they load with dialup 11doh.gif

Good stuff, Terry!

What's "dialup?" mwink.gif
  • Options
    Darci HookDarci Hook Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 21, 2009
    Hello Grinners!
    I have had a Smug account for about a year and I'm now at the point where I want to start making photography a second career. I'm just about done customizing my smug site (Thanks to Andy, Ivan, and John for the great threads and help for those of us that are none coders).

I currently live in Hawaii but will be moving back to the mainland in a couple months. It will be a sad day when I have to leave such a beautiful place. Please check out my site and let me know what you think. Still working the colors and figuring out how to change the fonts but it's getting there.

So here I am. Took a bit to set this one up (and let me say the 25mph winds were not helping).

[IMGL]http://dshook.smugmug.com/photos/570335738_7gFeG-M.jpg[/IMGL]
  • Options
    Dave PDave P Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited June 21, 2009
    Darci Hook wrote:
    I have had a Smug account for about a year and I'm now at the point where I want to start making photography a second career. I'm just about done customizing my smug site (Thanks to Andy, Ivan, and John for the great threads and help for those of us that are none coders).

I currently live in Hawaii but will be moving back to the mainland in a couple months. It will be a sad day when I have to leave such a beautiful place. Please check out my site and let me know what you think. Still working the colors and figuring out how to change the fonts but it's getting there.

So here I am. Took a bit to set this one up (and let me say the 25mph winds were not helping).

Darci:

I love the colors of your site! They offer a majestic feeling with beautiful contrast. The colors in many of your shots are stunning, as well!

Welcome aboard!

Dave
  • Options
    Darci HookDarci Hook Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 21, 2009
    Dave P wrote:
    Darci:

I love the colors of your site! They offer a majestic feeling with beautiful contrast. The colors in many of your shots are stunning, as well!

Welcome aboard!

Dave

Thanks Dave. I'm working on changing the background colors of the boxes to match the theme. I like your theme for your site. It really fits your pics. Thanks again.
  • Options
    MagnusonMagnuson Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 23, 2009
    Hi
    :)
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Magnuson wrote:
    :)
    Welcome, Magnuson!
  • Options
    lindazgrinlindazgrin Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    new grinner
    A fellow shooter recommended this forum, and i've noticed it's silly enough for me to join.

Here's the selfportrait, which represents me the best.

3586374150_69cb7aa21a.jpg
    www.lindazelnio.com
    D300 l 85/1.4 l 35/2 l 50/1.8 l 70-300vr l 28-105 l tokina 17-50/2.8 l 135ais l Sb600 and sb900 l Mac
  • Options
    ericcericc Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 6, 2009
    New to SmugMug, DGrin
    I'm hating flickr more with each passing day, so I've been looking at the alternatives. Came down to SmugMug and pBase. Met Don (sans makeup) at a devCon and thought I'd give it a try based on the conversation. Still trying to get set up, but like what I see so far.

-E

http://www.ericcloninger.com
    http://ericcloninger.smugmug.com
  • Options
    GoofBcktGoofBckt Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Trying this the right way . . .
    Hello everyone! Happy to be gleaning all this great experience and info here. Thank you in advance for all your comments, insights and advice. :)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 12, 2009
    Jack FM (Foster Mancilla)
    Been doing this for a while, now I need to stel everything up a notch, and make a living doing this.
  • Options
    metatatemetatate Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    New Guy Here! …
    tatemug.jpg

Someone told me to post my mug ... Now for the onslaught of silly questions I have about smug's mug.
    my signature is an image.
  • Options
    narancsnarancs Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    Hi everyone!
    A quick shot. Just to put a face to a name
    Peter G.

I'm using a Nikon D40 with the kit lens.. :rolleyes
  • Options
    JathnaelJathnael Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    Here I am