Options

Show us your mug! Introduce yourself here.

Comments

• Options
    JAMooreJAMoore Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    1st post
    Hey guys -

I've been lurking on here for a few days and I like what I see. I've been looking for a Nikon friendly forum + one that is courteous and professional and this seems like the one.

Anyways, I've been in to photography since high school (10 years ago) and currently have a D80, 50mm f/1.8, 18-55mm VR, Vivitar 283, Sunpak 433, and some Cactus triggers on the way. I'm pretty excited to get into off-camera lighting.

To end, my mug -
    3189372005_2052b4f6c3.jpg
  • Options
    MisterMcCruffMisterMcCruff Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited February 1, 2009
    My latest self-portrait, using my new 430EX II

3243279195_5849a6541d.jpg?v=1233506264
    Cameras: Gripped 30D, EOS 33 35mm, Ricoh KR10, Sony DSC-H7.
    Lenses:
    Canon 17-40mm f/4 L USM, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II, Canon 70-200mm f/4 L USM, Canon 100mm f/2.8 USM.
    Lighting:
    Canon 430EX II, Nikon SB24, Konig stand, Stofen omnibounce, 33" brolly, DIY beauty dish + diffusers.
    Misc: UV+CPL filters, reverse mount adapters, Velbon tripod. Photoshop CS3

*clicky flickr clicky*
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited February 1, 2009
    Welcome all!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    photogirlfloridaphotogirlflorida Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 7, 2009
    Stopping by to say hi also.........I recently became a SmugMug member as well...........and just a few months ago got a Nikon D90 and have had a lot of fun with that.......I live in Tampa, Florida with my husband, two dogs and two cats, and some of my interests other than photography is digital art, music, nature and wildlife.........our pets and other pets, chess, history etc......glad to be here..........wave.gif
  • Options
    syntec4syntec4 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    Hi all
    I de -lurked today and posted a few pictures and a bit about me here

Anway this is me rolleyes1.gif

312546558_aQYML-L-1.jpg

Lee.
  • Options
    abstracteye56abstracteye56 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 10, 2009
    Howdy y'all! :D Well, this is me posting my mug for everyone's pleasure.......eek7.gif

243990823_MZtmz-S.jpg

Later y'all!

David
  • Options
    Allan FGAllan FG Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2009
    I'm watching y'all

469600866_Uthco-L.jpg
    mwink.gif
  • Options
    elsaelsa Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited February 11, 2009
    trying to de-lurk!

my name is Elsa and i only recently joined smugmug. i live in silver spring, maryland and have been doing photography for the last six years or so. i am the photo editor for my high school paper and i take a lot of photos just for me! i am a senior in high school and am done applying to colleges, but planning to defer and take a year off (though i havent quite decided what to do during that time). i am an EMT and volunteer at a firestation. i have been spending a lot of time trying to improve my photographs lately and think i am making a bit of progress, though still have a long way to go.

and when it comes to site customization i am clueless!

currently saving my pennies to upgrade from my d40 to a d300. cant wait!!!!

this is me (i'm wearing a carrot costume)

472146247_h2kwh-S.jpg
  • Options
    SCPSCP Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2009
    Hello!
    Some of you may have seen me lurking about, seen some of my responses. I am getting a feel for all of this. I do belong to one other Photography Forum. (Fred Miranda) I thought another one wouldn't hurt and since most of you are Smugmuggers it would help a little more.

I have been in business now for a year. This is my Second Show season. I am a Professional Equine Photographer and along with that I do Historical and Landscape Photography.

Most of mys business is made of the Equine variety with Horse shows taking the main slot, and some Farm and Ranch Photoshoots dotting about here and there. I just recently started a Marketing Campaign with Non-Profits that provide temporary homes for Unwanted Horses and Rescued horses. My First photo shoot will be the first weekend of March, so keep an eye out for that.

The rest of my Business is photographing the rich and diverse culture of New Mexico and the steep richness in both it's beauty and it's cultural history. This could be from Old trucks abandoned in a desolate town to the hugely visited and popular Rio Park Bio Park and everything in between. Mostly I enjoy photography the historical areas of New Mexico and learning about the life that happened there and preserving it for years to come.

These areas are disappearing quickly due to un-use or no funds to keep them open. I hope by photographing it all, it will help preserve the history of New Mexico that might otherwise be lost.

I opened my Smug Mug account in December of 2008 and since then I have been working on populating my galleries and creating a web presence.

Take a look and be sure to leave a message! http://www.stonecreekphotography.smugmug.com/

I am always happy to that comments and critique and am always open to meeting up with people or learning new marketing techniques to help me climb the ladder and get those photos flying off the site.

Oh and my name is Kandie :giggle
    Kandie Kingery

Become a fan of Stone Creek Photography
  • Options
    fingerprintsfingerprints Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 18, 2009
    reviews??
    Hi, I am brand new to Digital grin, have been a member of Smugmug for 5 months and taking photographs for 3 years now. I was not sure where to go on the forum, but I was just wondering if I could have some feed back on some of my work, I have a link to one of my galleries, although to see all my galleries you can go to my website, www.hisfingerprintsphotography.com, and here is the link to "my favorite photos" gallery, thanks for your time!

http://hfphotos.smugmug.com/gallery/5792585_8GF96

Sarah
  • Options
    canderson1229canderson1229 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    Ok I'll bite
    n1080301530_4914.jpg

I've been on SM for a year now and I'm here to stay. The support heros and forum are wonderful. Have a great 2009!
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 19, 2009
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2009
    Welcome all!
  • Options
    nw scoutnw scout Registered Users Posts: 256 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2009
    Hey
    First post here.
    Ive been on sm for a year or so, and just now found out about this forum.
    I live in the Portland area and have been a pro for around 15 years now.
    Here is me out doing what I love.
    IMG_2128.jpg

Dave
  • Options
    EverythingEverywhereEverythingEverywhere Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2009
    My name is Gary. I've been traveling around the world for the last two years. I knew nothing about photography before the start of my trip. Since I began my journey, I have probably taken about 40,000 photos and have visited close to 60 countries.

I have a popular travel blog and travel photography site at Everything-Everywhere.com

As I type this, I am in the process of moving everything over to Smugmug.

492644909_2b7f37f9b2.jpg
    2014 Travel Photographer of the Year, Society of American Travel Writers
    2013 & 2015 Travel Photographer of the Year, North American Travel Journalists Association

Facebook | Travel Blog | Travel Photography | Instagram | Google+
  • Options
    lisasolonynkolisasolonynko Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    Hey From Cyprus
    Hi All,

I have been with SM for a bit and now have a smidge of time to get more involved in this forum.

I am a Canadian currently living in Cyprus. My hubby is completing a 2 year UN Peacekeeping mission. It is not so dangerous so me and our son were able to come along. We are desperately excited to get home. Sadly, I have no images of glorious Canada. No pretty streams, or maple leaves, or snow capped mountains. I have forlorned animals and swastikas though....arg. It is a whole different world here. It has been a wonderful opportunity to experience new things but we love Canada and I can't wait to take some pretty images there. (oh yeah a double double Tims and a fantastic bbq steak will be great too.wings.gif)

I look forward to being much more active in the forum.

Lisa
  • Options
    lisasolonynkolisasolonynko Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    Sorry no avatar
    Well, it looks like my avatar just won't work. I have tried linking from SM (and changing the dimensions to 80x80), have also tried resizing in photoshop (75 x 75, 1.5 k), but it still is a no go. hmmm

Lisa
  • Options
    rc madrc mad Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited March 4, 2009
    hey everyone
    hey everyone , another reject from advrider, sent here by ian.

Really like taking pictures and have progressed from a canon power shot a20 up to a 350d (with various other canon cameras in between). The 350d is a whole different beast to the s5 is I had before it so i'm hoping to learn a lot with this camera.

Anyway, my mug, taken with the 350d in petra, jordan on christmas day :ivar

IMG_2240.jpg

I needed a haircut and a shave :D
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited March 4, 2009
    Welcome all. clap.gif Hey rc, got any more pics of Petra? It's a remarkable place.
  • Options
    rc madrc mad Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited March 4, 2009
    i've got a few somewhere :D . I'm going to do a few posts in the journey section here. I've been to a few places in my time clap.gif
  • Options
    Staci MichelleStaci Michelle Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 8, 2009
    Hello!
    Greetings.

My name is Staci Michelle and I am new to Dgrin and trying out SmugMug. Recently I discovered that the only thing I really enjoy is shooting and related activities. My inner-artist is FREE!

Here is my mug...

Staciohyeah-1-2.jpg
  • Options
    shamanshaman Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    I've been here for.....?????
    Hello everyone!!!
    I can't believe it, I've been here, for....um, four years or so...
    and I never introduced myself or posted a portrait.
    I really don't pose too often, but I went hiking Sunday and my lovely wife Carol, got a few candid shots of me in the woods.
    I'll try to get some more photos of me, focusing on my gorgeous mug one of these days....rolleyes1.gif

487645589_indyc-L-1.jpg487644460_chmWZ-L-1.jpg487645024_RA4Ya-L-1.jpg

Just me, out doing what I like best....

Tom (shaman)
    PEACE ~ WISDOM

• Options
    TangoJulietTangoJuliet Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    Hello Y'all
    That's me on the left :D . I was playing around with a simple studio hotlight set at home. It's not perfect, I know. If you're a novice and you know it clap.gif ...

***Oops, I guess I'll have to wait until I get home from work on Tuesday evening to actually add my Mug. Sorry.***

TJ
  • Options
    dawnrosiedawnrosie Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 20, 2009
    me
    in profile pic.

If I sell anything during the 14 day free trial will I earn any money?
    thanks
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2009
    hello???
    hope this works for me this time?
    hi everyoneclap.gif
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2009
    try again!
    helloooooo!
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    dawnrosie wrote:
    helloooooo!
    Posting a Pic on Dgrin

Or request Mod help at Place Requests to Moderators Here.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited March 21, 2009
    Welcome, all. wave.gif
  • Options
    LoriKTMLoriKTM Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited March 25, 2009
    Hey, this place looks familiar! Nice to visit another one of Baldy's playgrounds. I'm another ADVrider delinquent, and a Smugmug user. I also have no creativity when it comes to forum names. lol3.gif

Nice place you have here. Lots of great information, and I'm soaking it all up as fast as I can. We are looking at getting our first dSLR soon. The hubby is a former pro photojournalist, out of the biz for almost 10 years.

He decided the money was better in IT. :hide

I'm just a hack, but I've absorbed a few pointers along the way, and hubby seems to think I might have a natural eye for this photo thing. Now I just gotta figure out an f-stop from a bus stop. rolleyes1.gif

Me.
    499092476_MV2dc-S.jpg

A sunset picture from a couple winters ago. Pretty hard to screw up a New Mexico sunset, even with a point-n-shoot camera.

282343565_CDmde-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2009
    Orange Crush baby! Welcome Lori!