Options

SmugBrowser - Firefox/Flock Extension BETA

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    devbobo wrote:
    How do you define 'bug' ?

The operation of the colour management in FF changed between FF3.0 and FF3.5, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a bug.
    How has it changed besides defaulting to on?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 27, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    How has it changed besides defaulting to on?

in FF3.0, it was just a boolean value (gfx.color_management.enabled)...on or off.

now, it has 3 states (gfx.color_management.mode)...

0 - off
    1 - color manages all images (as per FF3.0), images without profiles are assumed to be sRGB
    2 - color manages only tagged (profiled) images

More info here... http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gfx.color_management.mode
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    devbobo wrote:
    in FF3.0, it was just a boolean value (gfx.color_management.enabled)...on or off.

now, it has 3 states (gfx.color_management.mode)...

0 - off
    1 - color manages all images (as per FF3.0), images without profiles are assumed to be sRGB
    2 - color manages only tagged (profiled) images

More info here... http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gfx.color_management.mode
    Thanks.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    Installed 0.59 on FF 3.5.1
    I have installed O.59 on FF 3.5.1 and seems to be working okay. Anything I should be aware of or concerned about?
    Acadiana Al
    Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
    Blog: Journey to the Light
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    SouwalkerSouwalker Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    devbobo wrote:
    How do you define 'bug' ?

The operation of the colour management in FF changed between FF3.0 and FF3.5, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a bug.

There was a mention over at the Canon Forum with a realease note from the FF people which indicated a colour mangement bug was not resolved. I cannot remember what but I saw the notes. I may be resolved now.....
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 29, 2009
    Souwalker wrote:
    There was a mention over at the Canon Forum with a realease note from the FF people which indicated a colour mangement bug was not resolved. I cannot remember what but I saw the notes. I may be resolved now.....

found it...thanks, explains something that a user was seeing
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2009
    jchin wrote:
    Actually, there is a newer official 0.59 version posted:
    http://smugbrowser.introversion.com.au/beta/
    Is this 0.5.9 a valid Smugbrowser version for Firefox 3.5? No info on Google? Thanks.
    Acadiana Al
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2009
    agallia wrote:
    Is this 0.5.9 a valid Smugbrowser version for Firefox 3.5? No info on Google? Thanks.
    Working fine here with FF 0.3.5.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2009
    Allen wrote:
    Working fine here with FF 0.3.5.
    Thanks, Allen. My experience too. Just hadn't seen much on Google about it. Have a good night.
    Acadiana Al
  • Options
    olegosolegos Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Changing number of sumultaneous uploads
    PLEASE add an option for the number of files to upload simultaneously. For me, as I keep using SmugBrowser, the number it wants to upload simultaneously keeps growing, with no way to reduce it. It's now up to 7, I think. Very frustrating when it starts uploading 7 large videos, then for some reason I need to reboot, and have to restart the whole thing. (Windows Vista, but it was the same in XP.)
  • Options
    olegosolegos Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Just wanted to share my experience uploading 4 videos today using SmugBrowser. The videos are from my camera (not camcorder), not very large, less than 2 min each. Out of the 4, two uploaded OK. For one other, SB said "success", but there was no trace of it anywhere -- the upload log, errors, or the gallery. I manually re-uploaded it, and it came through OK. For the last one, SB said "failed". I manually restarted the upload in SB, and ended up with two copies in the gallery.

Pathetic.

Can you see why I'd like to see FTP uploads implemented?
  • Options
    GwagDesignsGwagDesigns Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    I uninstalled today but it was not working properly, could not create a new category both in FF3.5 or Flock. Tried creating a new category "Sports" but after refreshing the tree nothing would show up.
    [7D] - [30D] - [GF1] - 70-200f4L | Sigma 10-20 | Sigma 105 | Sigma 18-50
    www.GwagDesigns.com | Twitter | Facebook | Flickr

• Options
    edited September 18, 2009
    I uninstalled today but it was not working properly, could not create a new category both in FF3.5 or Flock. Tried creating a new category "Sports" but after refreshing the tree nothing would show up.
    Sports is one of the default Smugmug categories and is already there.
  • Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2009
    newest version no longer works for FF2... although it says it should...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    newest version no longer works for FF2... although it says it should...ne_nau.gif
    Anthony, FF2 isn't even supported by Mozilla anymore :)

http://news.digitaltrends.com/news-article/18432/mozilla-stops-firefox-2-support. Please update.
  • Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    Andy wrote:

http://news.digitaltrends.com/news-article/18432/mozilla-stops-firefox-2-support. Please update.
    I didn't say it was, but the Smugbrowser says it will work w/ FF2.... just saying...
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2009
    I didn't say it was, but the Smugbrowser says it will work w/ FF2.... just saying...
    OK, I'm sure Dev will update those words one day.
  • Options
    LauraSLauraS Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    Is anyone else having problems with the newest version of FF or should I try reinstalling smugbrowser?

I just went back to a previous version of FF to make it work...
  • Options
    darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    JavaScript Error related to Chrome?
    After logging in to SmugBrowser, I get this [JavaScript Application] error:
    [Exception... "'[JavaScript Error: "syntax error" {file: "chrome://smugbrowser/content/js/common.js" line: 108 column: 2 source: "(())"}]' when calling method: [nsISmugmugAccount::login]" nsresult: "0x80570021 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://smugbrowser/content/xul/wizards/account.xul :: addAccount :: line 101" data: yes]

And yes, I did find and delete my smugbrowser.xml (for others' information, you should be able to find it in your Firefox profile, which should be somewhere like:

C:\Documents and Settings\<YOURNAME>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<yourprofile>\smugbrowser\smugbrowser.xml

But uh yeah. Error. It still works afterwards. But errors are no fun. :-{

Firefox 3.5.3 on Windows XP v2002, SP2.
  • Options
    StakeoutStakeout Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited October 22, 2009
    Andy wrote:

for me FF2 was/is a lot better than FF3.x .... FF2 handles Bookmarks and the Bookmarks Orgainizer the way Nutscrape used to--then again same family.... I was a longtime Nutscrape user from 1.1.. never did IE unless I had to... call me a dinosaur

I loaded FF3 2x already in two different 3.x versions on three different PC's both XP and Vista(ugh)... got rid of all of them .. still using FF2 .... for me as a power user the Organized Bookmarks folder is the way to go.. just open it up and stick it on the taskbar... however by changing it from an html type file they crushed it by eliminating a couple of e-z to use options like the properties window that I always kept info .. passwords .. dates etc in there... IE8 doesn't come close to even FF2
  • Options
    DeVermDeVerm Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    SmugBrowser not compatible with FireFox...
    Oops, more work to do:
    SmugBrowser 0.1.11 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.5.5.

cheers,
    Nick.
    ciao!
    Nick.

my equipment: Canon 5D2, 7D, full list here
    my Smugmug site: here
  • Options
    jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    DeVerm wrote:
    Oops, more work to do:

cheers,
    Nick.

Goto:

It is now v0.5.9 which I have been using in FF 3.5 and works in FF 3.5.5. However, there is that JavaScript error, but works after you click through it.
    Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
    SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
    (use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)
  • Options
    jhelmsjhelms Registered Users Posts: 651 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2009
    jchin wrote:
    Goto:

It is now v0.5.9 which I have been using in FF 3.5 and works in FF 3.5.5. However, there is that JavaScript error, but works after you click through it.

I'm getting "problem loading page" this week trying to load it on my work computer.

I loaded it at home and love it, great program!
    John in Georgia
    Nikon | Private Photojournalist
  • Options
    DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2009
    Not sure if this has been covered or not but:

Recently due to reasons beyond my control (although CAUSED by me), I had to reformat my hdd. Figured this was a great time to upgrade to Windoz 7.

I have a couple small issues with the Smugbrowser, first being for some reason it wont hang onto my log in info so I have to continue to put that in - just an annoyance but thats a new thing. Second, when I log in, I get a window with a large error in it (dont have it handy as Im at work) but it will still log in.

Other than the above, no other issues that Ive seen so far using W7, and FF 3.5.6

If you need the error info, let me know as I can get that tonight when i go home.

Derek
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• Options
    danguerreradanguerrera Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    Java Problems with SmugBrowser
    Hi Grinners, Im hoping to get a big grin on my face when I can clear up this problem.

My SmugBrowser is giving me this:
    [Exception... "'[JavaScript Error: "syntax error" {file: "chrome://smugbrowser/content/js/common.js" line: 108 column: 2 source: "(())"}]' when calling method: [nsISmugmugAccount::login]" nsresult: "0x80570021 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://smugbrowser/content/xul/wizards/account.xul :: addAccount :: line 101" data: yes]

I click ok and my Smugmug galleries start to load. However the only thing i can do is highlight a gallery, nothing more. I can open it to view the pictures but nothing more. I can not alter anything.

I have deleted Fire Fox and re installed, same with SmugBrowser. I am in serious need of deleting hundreds of galleries, several hundred, and to do this one at a time.... Please Smugmug, Im just not understanding why you do not give us this delete function for more than one gallery at a time.
    Cheers,
    Dan
    Perhaps this utility is not your problem, understood, but any suggestions would be great!
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2009
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Not sure if this has been covered or not but:

Recently due to reasons beyond my control (although CAUSED by me), I had to reformat my hdd. Figured this was a great time to upgrade to Windoz 7.

I have a couple small issues with the Smugbrowser, first being for some reason it wont hang onto my log in info so I have to continue to put that in - just an annoyance but thats a new thing. Second, when I log in, I get a window with a large error in it (dont have it handy as Im at work) but it will still log in.

Other than the above, no other issues that Ive seen so far using W7, and FF 3.5.6

If you need the error info, let me know as I can get that tonight when i go home.

Derek
    Right click account, pick properties.
    I had "save password" checked, but when I also checked "auto correct" it logs automatically.
    Win7/64 FF3.5.6
    No error messages.
  • Options
    jhelmsjhelms Registered Users Posts: 651 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2010
    jhelms wrote:
    I'm getting "problem loading page" this week trying to load it on my work computer.

I loaded it at home and love it, great program!

Still having trouble loading this at work... any updates? I'd love to be able to use it here like I do at home.
    John in Georgia
    Nikon | Private Photojournalist
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2010
    Allen wrote:
    Right click account, pick properties.
    I had "save password" checked, but when I also checked "auto correct" it logs automatically.
    Win7/64 FF3.5.6
    No error messages.

Tried all that Allen.

I still get this error: "[Exception... "'[JavaScript Error: "syntax error" {file: "chrome://smugbrowser/content/js/common.js" line: 108 column: 2 source: "(())"}]' when calling method: [nsISmugmugAccount::login]" nsresult: "0x80570021 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://smugbrowser/content/xul/wizards/account.xul :: addAccount :: line 101" data: yes]"

It will NOT keep my user name or password after closing it no matter what I tell it to. Yes I told it to save the pw when I log in, and yes I clicked on save password and auto connect...wont do it. Have to manually log in all the time and when I do I get that error. Even when I dont log out, I have to relog in.

W7, 64B, FF 3.5.7 (3.5.6 didnt work either).

Sorry for the delay in responding, I wasnt aware you replied until tonight.

Derek

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• Options
    edited January 8, 2010
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Tried all that Allen.

I still get this error: "[Exception... "'[JavaScript Error: "syntax error" {file: "chrome://smugbrowser/content/js/common.js" line: 108 column: 2 source: "(())"}]' when calling method: [nsISmugmugAccount::login]" nsresult: "0x80570021 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://smugbrowser/content/xul/wizards/account.xul :: addAccount :: line 101" data: yes]"

It will NOT keep my user name or password after closing it no matter what I tell it to. Yes I told it to save the pw when I log in, and yes I clicked on save password and auto connect...wont do it. Have to manually log in all the time and when I do I get that error. Even when I dont log out, I have to relog in.

W7, 64B, FF 3.5.7 (3.5.6 didnt work either).

Sorry for the delay in responding, I wasnt aware you replied until tonight.

Derek
    Somewhere, this thread?, I saw something about having to delete a file to
    start over. Not even sure if was this app though. Post 576?
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2010
    Allen wrote:
    Somewhere, this thread?, I saw something about having to delete a file to
    start over. Not even sure if was this app though. Post 576?

Thanks Allen - went to that post, read it - followed instructions up to this page - still not working.

Prbly a Windoz 7 issue.