Options

64 Bit ApertureToSmugMug Plugin

Comments

• Options
    kwmkwm Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 6, 2008
    Issues related to 2.1.1
    I've noticed some buggy behavior after upgrading to Aperture 2.1.1: The version name is tokenized (split on hypens) and added to the keywords during upload. So, my keywords include "version", "20080727" and so forth.

Not a major issue, obviously. Just something to note.

Thanks, and keep up the terrific work!

Keith
  • Options
    bradheplerbradhepler Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 17, 2008
    Geotagging?
    I believe the problem is within Aperture itself. Using Aperture 2.1.1, photos exported to JPEG do not always contain lat & long EXIF data (checked using Preview), even if the photo does have the data within Aperture. I reported the problem via Aperture's menu item "Provide Aperture feedback"
    bradhepler wrote:
    Hello, it appears that the problem is originating within ApertureToSmugmug.

If I manually export the versions to JPEG files, then use smugmug's uploader tool, the geography data survives intact.

If I use ApertureToSmugmug 0.29 (Aperture 2.1), the geography data usually does not survive to show up on smugmug.

Thanks
    Brad
  • Options
    evokingimagesevokingimages Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited August 18, 2008
    Problems uploading from Aperture to SmugMug
    Hi there,

I just recently installed the plugin to upload from Aperture to Smugmug. Unfortunately, it doesn't work consistently.

This morning I was able to successfully upload only four images to a new folder I created. After that, the upload "seems" to start, says it's uploading the file, but, it just sits there forever until I cancel the function. This also happened a few weeks back and I finally just used the Mac Daddy uploader.

Any thoughts? I'm waiting for a speed test response from your team, but, the test I ran online shows that my cable connection is functioning normally.

I use a MacBook Pro (less than one year old), a wireless router and a cable connection. My Aperture program is 1.5.2.

Just got the results from the traceroute team. I have no idea what it means, though....
  • Options
    evokingimagesevokingimages Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited August 19, 2008
    Aperture Hangs, Freezes, Doesn't allow uploads
    I recently downloaded the plugin for uploading jpegs to SmugMug from Aperture (within the past month). For a short time, I was able to upload images to albums on my site, although I could not enter captions or keywords. Now, I am unable to upload and the system just "hangs", telling me that it's uploading the file (by filename I had chosen), but, the status bar doesn't move. I've left it there for as long as 15 minutes. When it's working properly (rarely), it moves right away. I have a cable internet connection.

Also, when the rare occasion happens that a photo does upload, a blank window opens to Smugmug, but, no album appears. When I launch Smugmug on my own, I am able to view the jpegs I had uploaded and the album, however.

A few times, Aperture completely froze during the attempt to upload, causing me to have to force quit the program. I have restarted the computer numerous times. This doesn't seem to help.

More info on my computer - MacBook Pro, Safari browser, Aperture 1.5.6.
  • Options
    djaludjalu Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 29, 2008
    aperture to smugmug export pluging
    I just started using Aperture and downloaded the Aperture to Smugmug export plugin. Maybe I'm just not using it correctly, but I find the ApertureToSmugMug 0.29 as an import tool that does not open. It states that it imports images from ApertureToSmugmug to the project. And it will not open a window. Am I not finding it in the correct place?
    Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    mntpixmntpix Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 13, 2008
    Uploading with Apeture Plug-in
    Hello-
    I have uploaded several images into my smugmug pro account using the 3rd party plug-in software. I am finding out that all the raw images that are being converted to jpgs are downsized to less than 2 mb. While the TIff of the same image converts to almost 40 mb. Is there any way to upload larger jpgs with this plug-in?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2008
    A customer writes:
    I am trying to install the plug in for aperture for smugmug. When it asks for the application aperture is not highlighted so it is not an option. How do I change this?
  • Options
    scottwdwscottwdw Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    When uploading using version 0.29, the Exif data is being stripped out. Is there a setting in Aperture I need to change? If I export a JPEG and then upload using Smugmug's uploaders, the Exif data is not stripped out.

I am still on Tiger 10.4.11 and Apeture 2.1.1.

Thanks!
    Scottwdw
    Nikon D700, 50 f/1.8, 24-120 VR, 28-300 VR, 70-200 VR, 80-400 VR

Photo Blog: Views Infinitum
    My Smugmug Galleries
  • Options
    Lynn Fisher PhotographyLynn Fisher Photography Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited October 15, 2008
    aperture to smugmug no go
    Hi,
    I am finding an error message when I try to log in to upload on my aperture to smugmug application. It says - cannot log in. I am logged in on my smug account, but aperture cannot? has anyone run across this and know how to fix it? I am stuck unable to upload to my site!
    thanks, Lynn
  • Options
    HKAussieHKAussie Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited October 21, 2008
    just a note to the people regarding export of EXIF data.

note that Aperture's Export presets include the option to include metadata.

i.e., if you manually export your images and choose a preset which has the metadata option turned on, your exported jpgs will include the EXIF data.

if while exporting using the SmugMug plugin, you choose an export preset which does not have the metadata option turned on, the uploaded images will not include the EXIF data.

cheers,
    Gregory
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2008
    hello Peter.

a question. when I upload images, the keywords and captions are not being set in SmugMug. does the Include Metadata export option need to be turned on to include keywords and captions?

cheers,
    Gregory
  • Options
    worldriderworldrider Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited November 2, 2008
    Just Hangs
    Well, I've been successful uploading images twice using the Aperture plug-in but now it just hangs. After uploading a few images it just sits there and hangs. Not sure what's going on... anyone else? thoughts?headscratch.gif
  • Options
    a101a101 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 9, 2008
    Great plugin, thanks!
    As a very recent Mac convert, I've been playing with Aperture, and your plugin has been fantastic! Thanks for all the hard work! Just one small request... I have a lot of albums with the same name but under different categories, e.g. Places > York and Railways > York. Is there any chance a future version of the plugin could show the whole path to the album in the dropdown list instead of just the album name? At the moment I've got three York albums listed and I can't tell which is which!

Thanks!

Jon:ivar
  • Options
    ImageBoltImageBolt Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 10, 2008
    worldrider wrote:
    Well, I've been successful uploading images twice using the Aperture plug-in but now it just hangs. After uploading a few images it just sits there and hangs. Not sure what's going on... anyone else? thoughts?headscratch.gif

I'm having the same issue...have used the uploader for over a year and all of a sudden it just hangs as worldrider says. I tried installing the latest version but get the same results. HELP!!
  • Options
    slablancslablanc Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    ImageBolt wrote:
    I'm having the same issue...have used the uploader for over a year and all of a sudden it just hangs as worldrider says. I tried installing the latest version but get the same results. HELP!!

Just joined Smugmug and found this plugin. My first night I successfully uploaded 125 images. Since then I've been unable to connect to Smugmug through Aperture, it hangs for a few minutes and then I receive an error logging in message.

The plug-in worked great, so much so I'm really anxious to have it working again. Any suggestions, I'm hopping it's just user error.

I'm using v0.29 and Aperture 2.1.2
  • Options
    LuishgLuishg Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 23, 2008
    Problem entering Login name for ApertureToSmugmug
    I am having difficulties entering my login name on the plugin. Currently my login name contains 28 characters in the form of email. I don't know if the field has the capability for that many characters.

Please comment if you know the solution. I would love to have the plugin working.

Thanks
  • Options
    planetMitchplanetMitch Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2008
    thank you
    mucho thanks for the plugin! works like a charm
    Mitch
    NEW! planet5d.com THE 5d Wiki! Follow me on twitter for updates
    (includes mk ii info and samples - all in one central location)
    planetMitch.com my home site
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2009
    New to Mac
    I'm confused? I went to Smugmug and selected the Mac option. Then selected the Aperture plug-in and got this.

"Drop the plug in here to install"

Where do I drop it and where do I get it? I see a downloads box with the application and I see another window with the above message. Sorry, I just got my new Imac last week!
    John
    flew2low@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2009
    John,

the "Drop the plugin here to install" file is what we call a droplet. it's a script application. drag the "ApertureToSmugMug.ApertureExport" file over the droplet until it changes colour and then let go. the droplet will automatically locate the Aperture Plugins folder and install the ApertureToSmugMug plugin for you.

hope this helps.

cheers,
    Gregory
    www.gregory.hk
  • Options
    msedakamsedaka Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 15, 2009
    Status Indicator?
    Hello,

Thank you for creating this plug-in. I installed it and it worked fine, however I get no status indicator as my pictures export. Only a small indicator that says "Exporting". Is this normal?
  • Options
    vnallvnall Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 17, 2009
    Aperture to SmugMug - after export
    Love the program. Have one problem though. When uploading from Aperture v 2.1.2 to SmugMug with v. 0.29 and having checked "Open Album After Export", all I get is a bright white screen such as shown at http://nalls.smugmug.com/gallery/7929176

Computer is an iMac 24" wth OS 10.5.6, fully loaded.

When I previously had used iPhoto, it would bring me to my album after uploading.

Thoughts? Questions?

Vin.....
  • Options
    LeempiLeempi Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited April 26, 2009
    vnall wrote:
    Love the program. Have one problem though. When uploading from Aperture v 2.1.2 to SmugMug with v. 0.29 and having checked "Open Album After Export", all I get is a bright white screen such as shown at http://nalls.smugmug.com/gallery/7929176

Computer is an iMac 24" wth OS 10.5.6, fully loaded.

When I previously had used iPhoto, it would bring me to my album after uploading.

Thoughts? Questions?

Vin.....

I have the exact same problem. Would love to see this little hiccup sorted. Thanks for a great plugin!
  • Options
    chilangochilango Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    Hey,

I'm using Safari 525.27.1 on Mac OS.

The question is:

I have the free trial, and I am trying to load pics from aperture. Once I select the pics I want to load, I select go to the loader plug-in I downloaded from the Mac site (0.29). It asks me for my username and password. Once I enter them, the loging in pop-up box appears, and it just stays like that. I left mu computer for over 5 hours like that and no change. Any tips? Do i need the actual, non-free version, for the loader to work?

Thanks.
  • Options
    chilangochilango Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    got it
    I needed to finish the set-up process when I logged in. I al all set.
    Maybe a quicker connection to load the pics, but that's another problem.

Thanks
    chilango wrote:
    Hey,

I'm using Safari 525.27.1 on Mac OS.

The question is:

I have the free trial, and I am trying to load pics from aperture. Once I select the pics I want to load, I select go to the loader plug-in I downloaded from the Mac site (0.29). It asks me for my username and password. Once I enter them, the loging in pop-up box appears, and it just stays like that. I left mu computer for over 5 hours like that and no change. Any tips? Do i need the actual, non-free version, for the loader to work?

Thanks.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    Hi guys, while you wait for the developer to answer, don't forget you can just export to jpg and upload with SmugMug's MacDaddy and also SmugMug's simple uploader.
  • Options
    flemingljrflemingljr Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited July 6, 2009
    Error logging in?
    I am getting an "error logging in" message about 75% of the time when using "aperture to smugmug". anyone else getting this error? is the developer still working on this plug in?

Fleming
  • Options
    mrealimreali Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 11, 2009
    not workin'
    I just downloaded your plugin (2.9) and I'm using Aperture Academic v2.1.3. I tried to export a gallery of images and after prompting me to login it just says "Logging In" for a really long time but it never actually does so. (So that's as far as I got.) Also, as soon as I click Login it automatically creates a new folder in the Project I was exporting from.
  • Options
    eyeguyeyeguy Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    Same log in error
    flemingljr wrote:
    I am getting an "error logging in" message about 75% of the time when using "aperture to smugmug". anyone else getting this error? is the developer still working on this plug in?

Fleming

I am having the same problem ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif
  • Options
    kbroderickkbroderick Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    ImageBolt wrote:

I just installed the plugin, and I'm finding that it seems to like to get partway through an upload and stall out (e.g. right now it's on image 31 of 87; previously it had gotten through something like 140 images before stalling and leaving the 87; on the last batch, I had to cancel the upload and restart for the last 40 or so images).

I do know that my Internet connection has a nasty habit of dropping out momentarily and then coming back; I don't know if that is part of the problem.

I also know that Activity Monitor is currently showing Aperture as using 80+% CPU (up to 94%-ish, MBP Core Duo 2.0Ghz), and the only task showing in the Aperture activity window is the stalled SmugMug export.
  • Options
    shrekieshrekie Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    kbroderick wrote:
    I just installed the plugin, and I'm finding that it seems to like to get partway through an upload and stall out (e.g. right now it's on image 31 of 87; previously it had gotten through something like 140 images before stalling and leaving the 87; on the last batch, I had to cancel the upload and restart for the last 40 or so images).

I do know that my Internet connection has a nasty habit of dropping out momentarily and then coming back; I don't know if that is part of the problem.

I also know that Activity Monitor is currently showing Aperture as using 80+% CPU (up to 94%-ish, MBP Core Duo 2.0Ghz), and the only task showing in the Aperture activity window is the stalled SmugMug export.

I seem to be having the same problem with uploads stalling after my recent upload of 16 from 167 photos.

Also, the uploaded photos don't seem to be in the same order as what they are in in Aperture, which sometimes makes it difficult to check which ones have been uploaded and which ones haven't.

Thanks.