• Options
    PhoenixOrionPhoenixOrion Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    ivar, those are great!
  • Options
    NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2010
    Business Card Ideas
    I'm trying to narrow it down to 3 or 4 let me know which ones you guys like best:

1) 977195214_Sgiah-O.jpg

2) 977194867_JuV5n-O.jpg

3) 977194858_akDev-O.jpg

4) 977194851_WsKyN-L.jpg

5) 977194855_DxwvR-O.jpg

6) 977194843_YSMv9-O.jpg

7) 977231229_CTqMj-O.jpg

(The fonts are blocky since I shrunk them for the web the finals will have this fixed.)
  • Options
    goldenstarphotogoldenstarphoto Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2010
    I'm trying to narrow it down to 3 or 4 let me know which ones you guys like best:

(The fonts are blocky since I shrunk them for the web the finals will have this fixed.)

3, 4, and 6 thumb.gif
  • Options
    rsquaredrsquared Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2010
    #1 all the way... 2 doesn't really inspire me, 3 only works for me if you're promoting yourself as an action/sports shooter, and I'm not a huge fan of putting portraits of other people on your biz card...maybe if you only do portraits, but even then I'm not a fan. 5 looks like a logo, but I don't see it being used on your site; if it was your logo, it might work.

But really, I'm a fan of the simple, somewhat abstract B&W as an image for your card, which you pulled off nicely for #1. Keep it simple!
    Rob Rogers -- R Squared Photography (Nikon D90)
  • Options
    Photog4ChristPhotog4Christ Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2010
  • Options
    NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2010
    #1, #6, or #7 :)

BTW.... Where's your contact info?

The big thing in my first batch was that there was no information on the front and a bunch of people have commented on that.

952549518_ioteh-O.jpg

The back will stay the same and is in the bottom left here.
  • Options
    Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2010
    5 6 or 7. 1 wont work with the back you have. two flutes.. too much imo.
    Jer
  • Options
    FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2010
    I am attaching my business card. Any thoughts on it? I haven't had it printed yet, I probably should add my email address, but other than that what do you think?

4920710399_c319f14b85.jpg
    Flickr My, not quite there yet, website

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2010
    Business Card critique
    So I am finally getting together my website and business card.

This is my business card, so far. I need to add the email address, which I forgot, oops! And also a physical address, other than those two things what do you think? Does it say what I do, without having to put in portrait photography, etc. I am having it match my website, which is currently a work in progress, but if you want to take a look to see what i mean it is www.toadstooldesigns.com Only the maternity gallery is working right now, and I might be giving this a rehaul, before it was even finished, but I just figured this way you can get a good look at what I am trying to do.

4920710399_c319f14b85.jpg

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2010
    I like it. :)

Why does it need a physical address? If they want to hire you, they'll be in touch! :)
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2010
    I like it. :)

Why does it need a physical address? If they want to hire you, they'll be in touch! :)

Someone else had said that if there wasn't a physical address they kind of ignored it. I am thinking of adding my town, just so if someone finds it they know I am local.

• Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2010
    Fstoplife wrote: »
    I am attaching my business card. Any thoughts on it?
    It's very busy!
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2010
    Someone else had said that if there wasn't a physical address they kind of ignored it. I am thinking of adding my town, just so if someone finds it they know I am local.

They can hopefully tell you're local by your phone number, but you could say "Providing portrait photography for the XYZ Community and vicinity" or something like that. :)
  • Options
    fredjclausfredjclaus Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    I love the design. It's a bit confusing though when I look at the safety pin. I see that and think of baby pictures. But since you do baby portraits that's good.

I'd say your card does say what you want it to say. You have "PHotography" in the name and their are pictures of each of the services you offer. If people can't see you do portraits, they are blind.

No need to add an address unless you have a studio and you want people to know where it is. If you are a photographer that comes to the clients location, they don't need to know where you "office" is located, all they need is a way to contact you.

Overall it's a great card. Did you make it yourself?
    Fred J Claus
    Commercial Photographer
    http://www.FredJClaus.com
    http://www.Fredjclaus.com/originals

Save on your own SmugMug account. Just enter Coupon code i2J0HIOcEElwI at checkout
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2010
    Thanks!! I did make it myself. It matches my website, which I also did myself. Maybe I will make the safety pin into a string. Thanks for the critique. I want it to be great so i can print it!!

• Options
    CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    It's very busy!

15524779-Ti.gif

but not in a bad way, I think. As opposed to most overly-busy cards, this one doesn't assault the eyes with clutter. It's nicely arranged and I feel more compelled to look at it and make sure I see everything rather than toss it aside as poorly designed.

I'm not sold on your contact info though, something there looks "off" I just can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the slight italic on the phone number & web address.
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2010
    CWSkopec wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif

but not in a bad way, I think. As opposed to most overly-busy cards, this one doesn't assault the eyes with clutter. It's nicely arranged and I feel more compelled to look at it and make sure I see everything rather than toss it aside as poorly designed.

I'm not sold on your contact info though, something there looks "off" I just can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the slight italic on the phone number & web address.

It might also be the different fonts. This is where I was a little concerned as well, not only with the size but the look. I will try it without italics and see if that works better. I agree something is off on that part, I was thinking of even making it double-sided and putting my contact info on the other side, thoughts on that?

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    For my tastes, your website and business card are a bit "busy", just like Chris mentioned on this thread. I wouldn't bother with a street address. You have your website and phone here....that's enough.
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    I know you didn't ask for a CC for your website, but I didn't like when I clicked on your About page, it re-sized my browser window....I hate that. I assume you're still designing your site because I wanted to read about You, not more pictures. You might want to read SEO for the Photographer too.
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2010
    I know you didn't ask for a CC for your website, but I didn't like when I clicked on your About page, it re-sized my browser window....I hate that. I assume you're still designing your site because I wanted to read about You, not more pictures. You might want to read SEO for the Photographer too.

Right now I have all the pages except I think three linked to the home page. I am still designing and coding it and I thought I had removed all the resize browsers, but I will go back and do that. I agree it was annoying!!!

I am thinking of putting my contact information on the back of the card and getting rid of the stripes and just making it plain purple. I don't like the way the contact info looks, so if I put it on the back I will be able to lay it out much better.

Thanks for the CC!! I really appreciate it! This is my first website from scratch so it has been a huge learning experience. I just can't wait to finish it!!

• Options
    sjhondasjhonda Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 25, 2010
    Photography Business Card Tips
    I wrote an article on Photography business cards tips. I hope you find it helpful.

Stephen
    Orange County Pet Photographer

• Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2010
    I know you didn't ask for a CC for your website, but I didn't like when I clicked on your About page, it re-sized my browser window....I hate that.
    nod.gif

Why do people do this?
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2010
    nod.gif

Why do people do this?

I did erase the code from the other pages, but since I hadn't updated that one it's still there. I did put it there, because when I originally designed the website, it had a set size, where I wanted it to stay, I had a look and if you went beyond the edges, it looked horrible. Needless to say after I realized what a horrible idea that really was, I fixed it and found a working solution.

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 26, 2010
    For my tastes, your website and business card are a bit "busy", just like Chris mentioned on this thread. I wouldn't bother with a street address. You have your website and phone here....that's enough.
    Right now I have all the pages except I think three linked to the home page. I am still designing and coding it and I thought I had removed all the resize browsers, but I will go back and do that. I agree it was annoying!!!

I am thinking of putting my contact information on the back of the card and getting rid of the stripes and just making it plain purple. I don't like the way the contact info looks, so if I put it on the back I will be able to lay it out much better.

Thanks for the CC!! I really appreciate it! This is my first website from scratch so it has been a huge learning experience. I just can't wait to finish it!!
    nod.gif

Why do people do this?
    I did erase the code from the other pages, but since I hadn't updated that one it's still there. I did put it there, because when I originally designed the website, it had a set size, where I wanted it to stay, I had a look and if you went beyond the edges, it looked horrible. Needless to say after I realized what a horrible idea that really was, I fixed it and found a working solution.

Folks, this thread is about business cards, not website design. deal.gif

Can we stay on topic please? Thank you. thumb.gif

• Options
    Crystal EveCrystal Eve Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 26, 2010
    I designed three business cards in Photoshop. I decided to do three cards because I have many different focuses. I didn't want to limit myself nor did I want to hand a wedding themed card to my automotive clientele.

The first card targets my automotive clientele, the second weddings and the third card covers everything else! These cards are printed like photographs so they feel and look like a photo print. I am very happy with them.

1019332103_ivZbL-M.jpg

1019332086_D8FSJ-M.jpg

1019332090_8ovum-M.jpg
    Boudoir | Wedding | Portrait | Automotive

Website | Facebook | Email
  • Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2010

ooh! another motorbiker! :D
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited August 26, 2010
    com3 wrote: »
    ooh! another motorbiker! :D

Hey Joe!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2010
    ian408 wrote: »
    Hey Joe!

yyyooooooo!!! :D
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited August 26, 2010
    Hi Crystal! Welcome to dgrin thumb.gif

Several nice pictures on your cards. My comment is why not register your own domain and use that for your smugmug account as well as email delivery? Be a very professional look.

Someone like GoDaddy will allow you to create an email address that gets forwarded where ever you like. You'd point your customers to your SmugMug PRO account (which you can customize to your desire and also use your own domain). Makes you look professional.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Crystal EveCrystal Eve Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    ian408 wrote: »
    Hi Crystal! Welcome to dgrin thumb.gif

Several nice pictures on your cards. My comment is why not register your own domain and use that for your smugmug account as well as email delivery? Be a very professional look.

Someone like GoDaddy will allow you to create an email address that gets forwarded where ever you like. You'd point your customers to your SmugMug PRO account (which you can customize to your desire and also use your own domain). Makes you look professional.

Thank you for the suggestions and for the warm welcome! I will definitely look into a domain. In doing this, would I need to reformat my entire website? I'm sure I will find out!
    Boudoir | Wedding | Portrait | Automotive

Website | Facebook | Email