Options

Show Us Your New SmugMug Customized Sites!

Comments

• Options
    pmbpropmbpro Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2013
    It looks good on my Samsung S3. The only slight thing is the gallery level images are quite big on the screen, whereas mine look much smaller. There's an option in customisation that 'collapses images' for web use. But I can't recall where it is!

Your photography is very good.

Thank you so much for your feedback, macromeister! I appreciate it.
    By "gallery level images", do yo mean the image thumbnails, or do you mean the actual individual images themselves when you click on the thumbnails?
    I'm not sure how to reduce that or make any adjustments for mobile devices (or see if it would even work rolleyes1.gif), but I'll do a search in the forums and find out. Way back when, I did recall seeing some sort of CSS for mobile devices, but I can't recall if it had to do with collapsing or reducing images. I'll check for that.
    Thanks again, and for your compliment about my photos too. :D
    pmb images
    Film/TV Stills Photography
    "When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." ~ Henry J. Kaiser
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2013
    James_F wrote: »
    Thanks for the continued feedback, Mike. I am not sure that I can do what you suggest (mine is a power account which lacks some of the functionality of the "pro" accounts (I think)). The only "hover" response I've been able to add so far is when one is in a particular gallery, if you hover over the nav bar and the galleries collections listed in the nav bar, a sub-menu of galleries appears. I agree that it would be nice to get the "feedback" you mentioned. Just not sure I can do it at my account level. If others reading this disagree, please let me know. Thanks again for taking the time to look things over.

Hmmmm...Do you mean where the text of the drop-down menus change colour when hovering? Mine does that and I have a Power account as well. You can view my Galleries link and see the drop-downs change to a brighter Blue when you hover over them.

If that's not what you mean, then....errr... never mind. rolleyes1.gif
    pmb images
  • Options
    Ali Atri PhotographyAli Atri Photography Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 17, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Allright Customization gurus, we want to see what you have been doing to the New SmugMug. Reply to this thread with your new SmugMug site. If you can also give a brief overview of the additional customization you did, that would be awesome.

We are going to start showing off awesome sites via our social media channels soon, so show us what you got! clap.gif

Michael

Loving the new new Smugmug. Trying to figure out how to avoid an immediate slideshow in a landscape collage style. Great job on the new Smugmug v1.0.

www.aliatriphotography.com
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,240 moderator
    edited August 17, 2013
    ...I am not sure that I can do what you suggest (mine is a power account which lacks some of the functionality of the "pro" accounts (I think)).
    A Power account has the same customization abilities as pro accounts.

--- Denise
  • Options
    VanlippeVanlippe Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2013
    Thanks for the continued feedback, Mike. I am not sure that I can do what you suggest (mine is a power account which lacks some of the functionality of the "pro" accounts (I think)). The only "hover" response I've been able to add so far is when one is in a particular gallery, if you hover over the nav bar and the galleries collections listed in the nav bar, a sub-menu of galleries appears. I agree that it would be nice to get the "feedback" you mentioned. Just not sure I can do it at my account level. If others reading this disagree, please let me know. Thanks again for taking the time to look things over.

I have a power account as well and found another thread where there was code about how to add a CSS block for the entire site with code that will change the color of a navigation link when your mouse hovers over it. The thread is here:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=238005&highlight=hover+color

VanlippeVanlippe Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2013
    By the way, my favorite thread is the "Frequently Requested Simple Modifications / Tweaks" - http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=237930

I was rereading it today and found something I've been looking for since day one of the new design - a way to change the width of the comments, description and title text under my photos when using SmugMug gallery view.

leftquark added the code back on the 8th but I only noticed it today. Look for the section titled "Change the width of a Caption and Comments Areas Under a Photo (in SmugMug Layout)" if you are interested.

OjaOja Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2013
    Did a lot of tweaking and fine tuning but finally have something I am happy with. http://lagemaatphoto.smugmug.com

The main tweaks are placement of all the elements, fonts and sizes, a logo bar that scales the logo for the size screen users are using, a home page slideshow that uses specially cropped images. All in all, this is very simple to use and I am quite happy with the new designs. I am especially happy with the fact that retina displays are automatically dealt with and I don't need hacks for this anymore. Gorgeous!

Some things I am missing still.
    - there is no random sequence in the slideshow
    - the aspect ratios for the slideshow page element are too limiting. It jumps from 3:2 to 3:1. There should be a 16:10, 16:9, and 2:1 aspect ratio too. The current 3:2 is too tall and 3:1 is too wide.
    - The new gallery styles do not show links back to the gallery where images came from in the case of smart galleries or collected images. This is very limiting. In general captions and titles are dealt with rather inconsistently.
    - keywords cannot be shown in many styles.
    - Organize is VERY poor at dealing with smart galleries and collected images. There is no visual feedback and, worse, trying to move such virtual images results in very unexpected results that are not reflected in the organize view correctly.
  • Options
    macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2013
    pmbpro wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your feedback, macromeister! I appreciate it.
    By "gallery level images", do yo mean the image thumbnails, or do you mean the actual individual images themselves when you click on the thumbnails?
    I'm not sure how to reduce that or make any adjustments for mobile devices (or see if it would even work rolleyes1.gif), but I'll do a search in the forums and find out. Way back when, I did recall seeing some sort of CSS for mobile devices, but I can't recall if it had to do with collapsing or reducing images. I'll check for that.
    Thanks again, and for your compliment about my photos too. :D

I mean the gallery, before you get to the individual images.The S3 does screen prints, which is quite useful!

I'm not sure why mine are smallerheadscratch.gif

Here's mine on the Samsung S3.
    i-bCRDdbs-M.png

And yours

i-HzC2Kfh-M.png

And your shots in the gallery. You might want to reduce the empasis on the breadcrumb where it says 'bird kingdom' it looks a tad large.

i-64Bkk3Q-M.png
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • Options
    digitald33digitald33 Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2013
    I keep tinkering with my new design, and even deleted a whole slew of galleries with a few clicks on accident, but the Support Heroes were able to help me get things restored.. Here's what I have so far:

http://www.sandquistphotography.com

would love some feedback.
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2013
    digitald33 wrote: »
    I keep tinkering with my new design, and even deleted a whole slew of galleries with a few clicks on accident, but the Support Heroes were able to help me get things restored.. Here's what I have so far:

http://www.sandquistphotography.com

would love some feedback.

Your layout isn't stretchy - did you know that? If I reduce my browser size (24inch monitor) it cuts off the right side and I have to scroll. Even on full screen the menu is over two lines, which is a little confusing. You can alter the relative width of the nav bar block to fix the two lines.
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2013
    I mean the gallery, before you get to the individual images.The S3 does screen prints, which is quite useful!

Here's mine on the Samsung S3.
    i-bCRDdbs-M.png

And yours

i-HzC2Kfh-M.png

And your shots in the gallery. You might want to reduce the empasis on the breadcrumb where it says 'bird kingdom' it looks a tad large.

i-64Bkk3Q-M.png

Wow! Thanks for the screenshots, macromeister! That gives me a much better idea now. Yeah, it's the Folders.

Hmm... I'm not sure why now myself, why those Folder pics are larger. I'll go and see if I can tweak those for "all folders" or something. Thanks for the breadcrumb tip as well. That really is big for mobile devices. eek7.gif

I appreciate your feedback. thumb.gif
    pmb images
  • Options
    claudiusmaxclaudiusmax Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2013
    Finallyl
    Unveiled my site this afternoon. Still have some tweaks here and there but its done for the most part. I'd like to get my slideshow as wide as the galleries on the homepage...any ideas feel free to post. Thanks.

www.randalloverbyphotography.com
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2013
    Your layout isn't stretchy - did you know that? If I reduce my browser size (24inch monitor) it cuts off the right side and I have to scroll. Even on full screen the menu is over two lines, which is a little confusing. You can alter the relative width of the nav bar block to fix the two lines.

Thanks, I just made it stretchy!... is it better on your big monitor? http://www.sandquistphotography.com
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2013

I think I found the problem. I had my folders set to "Medium" size. I selected "Small".
    I also fixed my breadcrumb size by turning off the "Emphasize Breadcrumb" feature in all galleries and folders.

I would like the current page's title emphasized though, in the breadcrumbs. I wish there was another option (either making the size only a couple of points larger than the regular size, or making it Bold, or even another colour)... ne_nau.gif

Oh well, at least it's fixed. Thanks again for your feedback.
    pmb images
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2013
    Thanks, I just made it stretchy!... is it better on your big monitor? http://www.sandquistphotography.com

I have two 24" monitors, and the images look fantastic on them, (yes and even resized my window)! Yep, I guess that's "stretchy" alright, Laughing.gif! rolleyes1.gif
    Great photos! :D
    pmb images
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2013
    Unveiled my site this afternoon. Still have some tweaks here and there but its done for the most part. I'd like to get my slideshow as wide as the galleries on the homepage...any ideas feel free to post. Thanks.

Great site! I really like how nice and 'clean' it is. Great photography and subjects as well! thumb.gif
    Did you use the "Moss" theme too? I used it. I never did figure out if I could get a wider slideshow, I think mine is at the same max. width as yours (it's a 100% anyway).
    Not all of my shots are horizontal in my slideshow though.
    pmb images
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2013
    Great site! I really like how nice and 'clean' it is. Great photography and subjects as well! thumb.gif
    Did you use the "Moss" theme too? I used it. I never did figure out if I could get a wider slideshow, I think mine is at the same max. width as yours (it's a 100% anyway).

Thanks, I used the Sierra theme. Originally I had the slideshow the width of the galleries but something has changed and I don't have a clue what it is. Yes, I used all landscape shots and the same size phots. Thanks again, if you found out anything give me a hollar, Laughing.gif:D:D
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2013
    I have two 24" monitors, and the images look fantastic on them, (yes and even resized my window)! Yep, I guess that's "stretchy" alright, Laughing.gif! rolleyes1.gif
    Great photos! :D

Thanks for checking it out! I think I like the stretchy format better too!
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2013

The slideshow looks good to me, but I can see how you'd like to have it stretch to the borders. My only thought is that the 4 boxes above the slideshow, the drop shadow looks a bit off on the images with round corners and the second from the left doesn't have rounded corners at all.. I like the rounded corners though. Be cool to see them without the white tags on the corners.

I like the clean look and great photography!
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2013
    The slideshow looks good to me, but I can see how you'd like to have it stretch to the borders. My only thought is that the 4 boxes above the slideshow, the drop shadow looks a bit off on the images with round corners and the second from the left doesn't have rounded corners at all.. I like the rounded corners though. Be cool to see them without the white tags on the corners.

I like the clean look and great photography!

Thank you Douglas. I have added all the code I can get but they still show but I will keep working on it, whewww !
  • Options
    iSYTEiSYTE Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2013
    Contact Code
    WinkXR6T wrote: »
    Here's mine... http://http://www.photosbyadamlee.com/

I set mine up with the world of mobile devices in mind. The gallery photos fill the screen and will mould to any device and I believe scrolling vertically is a natural way to browse given the smart phone and tablet revolution.

Adam....VERY nice collection of images! How did you get the contact link on your site? What code did you use and where did you put it?

Thanks!

NRGPictures.com
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2013
    Thank you Douglas. I have added all the code I can get but they still show but I will keep working on it, whewww !

Looks better now... You're on the right track! I found a forum topic somewhere around here about round gallery edges.
  • Options
    carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2013
    If you would not mind trying them again... I made the unlisted after doing the coding. SM adds some security coding to the end of the URL when you make them unlisted or private.
    Both work fine for me:)
    Mendip Blog - Blog from The Fog, life on the Mendips
    www.carolineshipsey.co.uk - Follow me on G+

[/URL]
  • Options
    WinkXR6TWinkXR6T Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited August 18, 2013
    iSYTE wrote: »
    Adam....VERY nice collection of images! How did you get the contact link on your site? What code did you use and where did you put it?

Thanks!

NRGPictures.com

Thanks mate! :D

I just replied to your email. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2013

It's better on the menu. But I still can't have a particularly wide browser window before it goes back to two line menu. Some people have quite small screens, and unless it's a mobile device they are using they may have viewing problems. See screen print which shows the narrowest I can go before it reformats to two lines. The black areas (my desktop) show the extent of my 24inch monitor.

If you go to your 'entire site' in customize and change the container width on the dimensions tab you can alter the relative widths. I have three blocks and mine are 30%, 50% and 20%. You only have two, so make the left narrower, and the right wider.

i-4mbK62c-XL.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2013
    I think I found the problem. I had my folders set to "Medium" size. I selected "Small".
    I also fixed my breadcrumb size by turning off the "Emphasize Breadcrumb" feature in all galleries and folders.

I would like the current page's title emphasized though, in the breadcrumbs. I wish there was another option (either making the size only a couple of points larger than the regular size, or making it Bold, or even another colour)... ne_nau.gif

Oh well, at least it's fixed. Thanks again for your feedback.

Looks better, Paula. clap.gif

i-G6xc3CL-M.png
  • Options
    SunGloSunGlo Registered Users Posts: 382 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2013
    I just finished modifying the right click protection message...I had spent a lot of time working on my old site and thought I was through, then poof, I now have a new site to work on...will it ever end?

I have to admit it is fun and does indeed keep me out of trouble...but...

yelrotflmao.gif

Here's the link to my latest version http://www.sunglophoto.com

Have fun,

Phil

SunGlo wrote: »
    Here's my site: http://www.sunglophoto.com

I'm still modifying and fixing migration bugs, but you get the basic idea.

Phil
    SunGlo Photography
    www.sunglophoto.com
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • Options
    carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2013
    Here's mine www.carolineshipsey.co.uk

Caroline
    Mendip Blog - Blog from The Fog, life on the Mendips
    www.carolineshipsey.co.uk - Follow me on G+

[/URL]
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2013
    Looks better, Paula. clap.gif

i-G6xc3CL-M.png

Yay! Awesome! THANK YOU again for letting me know it works for you now. I figure it should be okay for tablets if it works for those small phones.
    You also caught the fix after I did get help with a code to colourize current pages on my Breadrumbs too! After that I finally went to bed! rolleyes1.gif

Thank you, Hikin' Mike, for providing that breadcrumbs code. clap.gif

For anyone else interested in that code, it's in this following thread which was started by Smugger "jdwl":

Change Breadcrumb Colors -- http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=237943
    pmb images
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2013
    caroline wrote: »
    Here's mine www.carolineshipsey.co.uk

Caroline

Nice, Caroline! Your slideshow also reminded me that I need to go and photograph more flowers! It has been quite a while. :D I also like the Music and dance/festivities. Candids are fun.

Which theme did you use? I love knowing what themes people used. :-)

Great site and photographs! thumb.gif
    pmb images