Options

Show Us Your New SmugMug Customized Sites!

Comments

• Options
    MenBrialMenBrial Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited August 18, 2013
    Butlerkid wrote: »
    Jean Luc - you need to add some left border to your menu line.....it is right up against the left side of the page.....

Thanks , i will look into that !!!

http://www.menbrial.com/
  • Options
    photolordphotolord Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited August 18, 2013
    rhituraj wrote: »
    Here is mine www.rhitusworld.com . Love the new smugmug!

Fantastic opening with the sunflower shot!
    Best regards,

Matt George
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2013
    basflt wrote: »
    almost there , one minor issue to solve , this is it for now
    http://basflt.smugmug.com/

Creative approach with your custom navigation buttons!
    Best regards,

Matt George
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2013
    KevinPaul wrote: »
    I still need to add the info pages and add some tweaks but I love the new smug!

Can you have a look at my home page and let me know if you notice any problems? Sometimes, a few images fail to load and leave blank spots in the layout.

http://www.kpclients.com/

Thanks!

I did not see any problems on my end. All I see is incredible photography!
    Best regards,

Matt George
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2013
    WiscoFrank wrote: »
    Still playing with my site .. no end in sight for that since it's turned out to be fun. But at this point it's far better than my previous site and took a lot less time to create.

http://childress.smugmug.com/

Great landscapes!
    Best regards,

Matt George
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2013
    Punkybeth wrote: »
    I've been having a pretty good time refreshing my site. Still tweaking it to make it look half-way decent, but overall, the transition went smoothly. I've been with SmugMug for over 10 years, so this change was pretty MAJOR!! Well done guys!clap.gif Now I just need to remake my watermark, since the last one I had was a bit crappy. It's a work in progress, but I'm sure I will be making changes more frequently now that everything is a little more exciting rolleyes1.gif.

Critiques welcome :D

www.robynlisone.com

Amazing landscapes! Your logo is great as well!
    Best regards,

Matt George
  • Options
    bronkingbronking Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    JefCurtis wrote: »
    I've made some adjustments to the background when on mobile and added a background to the menu bar as well :-)

I hope you likey!

Boneheads.smugmug.com

-Jef

awesome matebowdown.gif

could you possibly point me in the right direction to be able to implement a semi transparent box around your content i would like to do it similar for about us page
  • Options
    HarmHarm Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    Great photos Brett. For asthetics, I'd prefer a little margin between the bottom of the slideshow and the social icons. Everything seems bunched together at the bottom - just my opinion.
  • Options
    ButlerkidButlerkid Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    basflt wrote: »
    almost there , one minor issue to solve , this is it for now
    http://basflt.smugmug.com/

Extraodinarily excellent images! It would be nice to have a Contact, About Me or comments area!
  • Options
    krashedmykarchkrashedmykarch Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    url on slideshow images directing to gallery
    When I was using a single image on my homepage it contained an active link to the gallery from whence it came. Now with a multiple image slide show that no longer works. I would like the images clickable to their respective galleries or, failing that, at least to the 'Galleries' page. Is possible, yes? Oh, do say yes!
    Thanks!
    ~Ciao
    Charles
    Brampton, Canada
    www.charlesdalyphotography.com
  • Options
    pmbpropmbpro Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    When I was using a single image on my homepage it contained an active link to the gallery from whence it came. Now with a multiple image slide show that no longer works. I would like the images clickable to their respective galleries or, failing that, at least to the 'Galleries' page. Is possible, yes? Oh, do say yes!
    Thanks!

I liked that feature when I had my Legacy site too. My slideshow had linked to my "Galleries" page then. I hope we can get that feature back again.
    pmb images
    Film/TV Stills Photography
    "When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." ~ Henry J. Kaiser
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2013
    Feedback please......
    Well, my website has gone through quite a few major iterations! Laughing.gif! I think it is getting close. I have created this thread to try to correct a few problems with the Homepage.

I'd love to get some feedback on the site - especially ideas for improvement! I decided to NOT put the slide show on the Homepage. What do you think is better? Slideshow on the Homepage or as a link in my menu?
  • Options
    RandyBRandyB Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    New Design
    I just unveiled! Check it out...

www.photorandy.com

comments welcome!
    Randy Broderick
    PhotoRandy.com
  • Options
    wilkeslgwilkeslg Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    Www.lesliewilkesphotography.com
    i really like the new smugmug. I have been waiting on some of the updates and customoization, I just have a few tweaks left with a calendar. Great job SmugMug!!
    Leslie Wilkes
    WilkesPhotography
    http://www.LeslieWilkesPhotography.com
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Beginner grinner DCPosts: 0 Beginner grinner
    edited August 19, 2013
    My new site!
    Still working on customization, but I am loving the new look: www.angieklausphotography.com

P.S. Does anyone know how I can adjust my logo so it isn't cut off across the bottom?
  • Options
    JordanSternJordanStern Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited August 19, 2013
    New site!
    I've been tweaking the design everyday, but now I think I've finally settled on something I really like:

www.JordanSternPhotography.com
  • Options
    OjaOja Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    himynameis wrote: »
    Still working on customization, but I am loving the new look: www.angieklausphotography.com

P.S. Does anyone know how I can adjust my logo so it isn't cut off across the bottom?

I kept saying awwwwwww on your site. Very nice and clean design! Your logo being cut off is probably because the box' margins are not big enough for the font's swirls.
  • Options
    ldawson7777ldawson7777 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 20, 2013

Add the following to your theme's CSS:
    h1.sm-page-widget-logo-text {
        height: 1.5em;
    }

• Options
    JefCurtisJefCurtis Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    bronking wrote: »
    awesome matebowdown.gif

could you possibly point me in the right direction to be able to implement a semi transparent box around your content i would like to do it similar for about us page

This is what I used. I'm assuming this is what you mean.

li .sm-tile {
    opacity: 1;
    transition: opacity .15s ease-in-out;
    -moz-transition: opacity .15s ease-in-out;
    -webkit-transition: opacity .15s ease-in-out;
    }
    Good luck!
  • Options
    PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2013

beautiful site. I'm a sucker for simple with a white background.
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,244 moderator
    edited August 20, 2013
    I like the simple & clean look.

Are you aware that you have broken images on your About and Client pages?

You haven't placed a title on the page when viewing your Portfolio slideshows. That leaves your viewers without a clue as to what they are viewing.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2013
    RandyB wrote: »
    Nice start!

The only thing showing on your browse page is a link to the pricing page. If that's all you plan to expose in that mode I'd recommend removing browse from your navbar.

Your Testimonials page is essentially empty. Without content it's not a good candidate for a navbar entry.

Your blog entries are dates and sparse, and once a viewer gets to your blog there is no obvious way back to your smugmug site. In addition, the blog opens in a new browser window / tab. I believe opening a new browser tab should be under the control of the viewer, not the site owner. If a site starts opening new tabs that I didn't ask for I usually just close the site.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2013

Oja wrote: »
    I kept saying awwwwwww on your site. Very nice and clean design! Your logo being cut off is probably because the box' margins are not big enough for the font's swirls.

^ I thought the same thing: "awwwwww". Also the post above is right. In the dimensions for your name/logo, you can increase the size of the box, to allow for the font to fit in perfectly. If you don't want to change the screen layout, you could always reduce the size of the font to fit in too.
    beautiful site. I'm a sucker for simple with a white background.

Me too, I think after all these years of a dark smugmug look, I am happy to go for a sterile, simpllistic look.
    Are you aware that you have broken images on your About and Client pages?

You haven't placed a title on the page when viewing your Portfolio slideshows. That leaves your viewers without a clue as to what they are viewing.

--- Denise

^ this.
  • Options
    FredFlyerFredFlyer Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    My site, so far
    I'm liking the new smugmug more now. At first I thought, 'now I have to start all over setting up the site.' But the more after conversion sites I saw from this post, the more I wanted a new look. Still wish I could put in a full screen random slide show on the home page without digging into figuring out how to play with coding. It always goes in the order of the pictures in my slideshow gallery. I have even resorted to manually randomizing the pictures in the gallery every once in a while for variety.
    So check it out, give me feedback and I will do the same.

Enjoy the show...
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2013
    FredFlyer wrote: »
    http://fredflyer.smugmug.com/

So check it out, give me feedback and I will do the same.
    Nice and clean!

A couple of suggestions...
    • I would remove the smugmug header and footer. They are easily removed on the settings page for your entire site.
    • I find your choice of dark blue against black and dark gray against black somewhat painful to read. If you're going to use a black background I'd suggest using lighter (or brighter) colors for text.
    • Your "About this site" page has a slideshow button on it. I don't think a slideshow on an about page containing only 3 photos is needed; it would look cleaner without the button.
    --- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2013
    I would add to Denise's comments that you have a lot of nice photos on your homepage - why would you detract from them by having the search globe?

It may be better to have that as a separate page on it's own.

Also the facebook Icon, is too far to the left, to match your menu system above, I would suggest putting it in the centre of the block
  • Options
    digitald33digitald33 Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    Overall your site looks good.

You might consider changing the rollover color for your navbar though. I've never understood using a rollover color that blends in with the background; once I roll over an entry I can no longer read it. That doesn't entice me to click.

--- Denise
    Thank Denise, I've noticed that too! Now I just need to figure out how to change the rollover text color. :)
  • Options
    DanCarl97DanCarl97 Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    Any ideas for this site?

Personally, I think the sidebar on the homepage makes mine a little cluttered, but if my Dad wants it there, it's gonna stay there! :P

images.meljones.info
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2013
    Still looking for feedback....
    on my website.

What's good? What's missing? What could be improved?

Thanks!
  • Options
    mkuehnmkuehn Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    I did a lot of changes thanks to all of the customization posts and a few questions I had answered in the forum. Thanks all.
    As for the customization I created my own template using landscape collage, custom background, custom fonts, rounded corners and added borders on folders and main galleries. Added borders on gallery photos, slideshow and lightbox.
    I'm very pleased with the site and have learned a lot in the process.

mkuehn
    http://marilynkuehn.smugmug.com/