Options

Show Us Your New SmugMug Customized Sites!

Comments

• Options
    rworobecrworobec Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited November 13, 2013
    My Site
    Hi,

Here is my webpage. After migrating to the new smugmug I did a lot of customizing (still a work in progress) until I created an almost finished product. The content and galleries may change a little as I do a better job uploading from lightroom.

Have a look!

http://www.ronworobecphotography.com/

What do you think?
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2013
    Frank - how did you do the rounded corners on your galleries

Tallguy, since this is a "show your site" thread, your question is better posted as a standalone thread.
    You can always write, "how did this person get this", and give a URL to the example.
    Anyway, try this thread:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=238224&highlight=round+thumbnails
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2013
    Frank - how did you do the rounded corners on your galleries

http://www.sherlockphotography.org/Customisations/Rounded-corners
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2013
    rworobec wrote: »

Gorgeous. I might move to Canada - next week, maybe. You're kind of talking me into it.
    Just kidding, a little.
    I will say that your intro sentence at the top, " I enjoy photographing: Mountains • Trains • Sports • Travel • People • Animals" - I went to click Animals, and it's not clickable.
    Suggest making those keywords clickable, as they're quite enticing.
  • Options
    SteveWhitlockSteveWhitlock Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 13, 2013
    It took some getting used to, but I finally got far enough to go live.

http://www.stevewhitlockphotography.com

-Steve
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    Gorgeous. I might move to Canada - next week, maybe. You're kind of talking me into it.
    Just kidding, a little.
    I will say that your intro sentence at the top, " I enjoy photographing: Mountains • Trains • Sports • Travel • People • Animals" - I went to click Animals, and it's not clickable.
    Suggest making those keywords clickable, as they're quite enticing.

Hi,

Thanks for looking!

That very topic has been on my mind. It is a little complicated to put into practice. Here is how if anyone is interested: http://www.sherlockphotography.org/Customisations/Add-HTML-to-your-profile-block.

I am on the fence as to do it, or just change the 'tagline'...

• Options
    edited November 13, 2013
    rworobec wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks for looking!

That very topic has been on my mind. It is a little complicated to put into practice. Here is how if anyone is interested: http://www.sherlockphotography.org/Customisations/Add-HTML-to-your-profile-block.

I am on the fence as to do it, or just change the 'tagline'...

What kind of block has that text? You can put hyperlinks in a text box.
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    What kind of block has that text? You can put hyperlinks in a text box.

Its a profile content block
  • Options
    TallPhotoGuyTallPhotoGuy Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2013
    How do you do the rounded corners? Thanks
  • Options
    ThirdDayImagingThirdDayImaging Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited November 13, 2013
    Took some suggestions,and made some other adjustments
    Okay I've been busy refining and cleaning up my online galleries. Good timing too because I'm hoping to get some increased traffic this weekend from an artist's reception at a local gallery. I'll have 4 pieces on display there thru Dec. 31st.

Anyway, I'd appreciate your comments on the changes I've made, and thanks for all the helpful input.

www.ThirdDayImaging.com
    Happy Shooting, Scott
    Bodies: Panasonic Lumix GF3 and G5
    Lenses: Leica/Lumix Summilux 25mm f1.4, Leica Summicron 50mm f2 (dual range), Leica Summicron 90mm f2, Leica Elmar 135mm f4, Lumix 12-42mm f3.5-f5
  • Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2013
    Made some homepage changes... thoughts?
    Any thoughts on the new homepage layout?

www.brandolinoimaging.com

Old layout, if you all don't recall, was the Bi logo on the left, brandolino imaging on the far right, with a simple horizontal nav between and a seperator line under it all... followed by the slide show.
    (Inner pages still have the older version header and nav to keep more space for gallery thumbs and pics.)

I added the new logo on the upper left, the vert nav on the left sidebar... then tweeked the slideshow positioning by moving it up a bit... also added a 10px padding on each side of the homepage.

I know the slideshow pics are not all the same ratio, they never will be.

So other than that, any likes vs dislikes?

Thanks for looking.:D

Just an FYI... on smaller screens the homepage content fills the page completely.
  • Options
    fabthifabthi Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2013
    This is it!
    p.s. please bear with me..still needs some (minor?) finishes
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2013
    fabthi wrote: »
    This is it!
    p.s. please bear with me..still needs some (minor?) finishes
    When I go to a gallery I want to look at interesting photos. Not have to cycle thru all of them.
    I don't look at every photo and I browse thru thumbs and only click certain ones. Just my
    preference.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    CarosuCarosu Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited November 14, 2013
    First post! :)

Have had smugmug for almost a year now but just started to try to put some effort on this site still a lot of photos to upload and such.

My site: http://carosu.smugmug.com/

Pls any feedback would be great as I am kinda new at this.
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    When I go to a gallery I want to look at interesting photos. Not have to cycle thru all of them.
    Hi Allen
    all of my galleries are shown in thumbnails mode except for the one of Venice.
    I'm not sure yet but I might set that one as thumbnails as well.
    Thanks for your opinion!
    Fabio
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2013
    Life is about doing stuff like mountain biking, enjoying yourself, travelling, photography!!! Not messing around with code headscratch.gif So the new SM is brilliant. Love it. Well done SM. Here's mine http://www.macromeister.co.uk/

Your site is very attractive and easy to navigate. Your photography is amazing!! I enjoyed browsing your creative images of everyday things.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2013
    Life is about doing stuff like mountain biking, enjoying yourself, travelling, photography!!! Not messing around with code headscratch.gif So the new SM is brilliant. Love it. Well done SM. Here's mine http://www.macromeister.co.uk/
    Your site is amazing, congrats!!!!!!clap.gif
    I did like particularly your "Fractals" gallery, it's just stunning!!!
    Can I ask you how did you get to display your images with the effect of frameless prints hanged on a wall? eek7.gif
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2013
    Your site is amazing, congrats!!!!!!clap.gif
    I did like particularly your "Fractals" gallery, it's just stunning!!!
    Can I ask you how did you get to display your images with the effect of frameless prints hanged on a wall? eek7.gif

Amazing pictures and site, how did he do that changes to he's site? The rounded corners and shadow like effect?
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2013
    Carosu wrote: »
    Amazing pictures and site, how did he do that changes to he's site? The rounded corners and shadow like effect?
    Well...we better ask to HIM, as I did just before mwink.gif
    Now let's sit and wait, with fingers crossed.
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2013
    Well...we better ask to HIM, as I did just before mwink.gif

Fingers crossed :D
  • Options
    waltztjwaltztj Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited November 15, 2013
    FlyOut Navbar
    macromeister
    Your site looks great. I am wondering how you did the flyout navbar for your images that is cool.
  • Options
    macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2013
    redleash wrote: »
    Your site is very attractive and easy to navigate. Your photography is amazing!! I enjoyed browsing your creative images of everyday things.

Thank you for that. I tend to specialize in shooting everyday objects. I'm not a pro (hate that word) but I have done some professional jobs for a few companies. There is a market for this type of photography.
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2013
    Well...we better ask to HIM, as I did just before

Your site is very good. Clean simple look in pale colours. Your images are very good, especially the people shots. You are fortunate to live in Venice - it must present great opportunities for photography. I do also like your 'about'. Very simple and to the point. I never know what to write in those things.

The CSS code for my lightbox is as follows. Send me a message if you get stuck
    /* Round image corners and displayed in the Lightbox */
    .sm-lightbox-image {
        border:1px solid #c2c2c4;  
        border-radius:8px; /* round off the corners*/
        max-width: 90%;
        box-shadow: 8px 20px 18px -10px rgba(0,0,0,0.7);
        }  

• Options
    edited November 15, 2013
    Carosu wrote: »

Thank you - see reply above.
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2013
    waltztj wrote: »
    macromeister
    Your site looks great. I am wondering how you did the flyout navbar for your images that is cool.

Just add a content block of 'menu' in customization. Add it to the left of the homepage. In the settings for it make it 'vertical', and adjust any other settings to suit. Can you see that?
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2013
    Just add a content block of 'menu' in customization. Add it to the left of the homepage. In the settings for it make it 'vertical', and adjust any other settings to suit. Can you see that?

Thanks will try some see how it goes :)
  • Options
    Valerii9116Valerii9116 Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2013
    Could you explain what is new in your site?
    Any new future. You try to advertise only your servise around the world To attract new money!

Very hard to work and set up the site.
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2013
    You are fortunate to live in Venice - it must present great opportunities for photography. ]
    Living in Venice is certainly a lucky circumstance but it has, from a photography pesrpective, pros and cons. It surely is a magic and inspiring place but it is also a place photographed gazillion times and sometime I find it very hard to do something that hasn't been already done!
    .....Very simple and to the point. I never know what to write in those things.
    Same for myself; that's why I ended up with a "bare bones" text! I do reckon images speak better than any well written presentation.

Thanks a lot Rob for taking the time to let me know those precious lines of code that are now making my website (+many others, I suppose!) much nicer! wings.gif
  • Options
    ko04ko04 Registered Users Posts: 370 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2013
    Any thoughts on the new homepage layout?

www.brandolinoimaging.com

Old layout, if you all don't recall, was the Bi logo on the left, brandolino imaging on the far right, with a simple horizontal nav between and a seperator line under it all... followed by the slide show.
    (Inner pages still have the older version header and nav to keep more space for gallery thumbs and pics.)

I added the new logo on the upper left, the vert nav on the left sidebar... then tweeked the slideshow positioning by moving it up a bit... also added a 10px padding on each side of the homepage.

I know the slideshow pics are not all the same ratio, they never will be.

So other than that, any likes vs dislikes?

Thanks for looking.:D

Just an FYI... on smaller screens the homepage content fills the page completely.

I have visited your site before because of customization questions I've had or seen. I went there lately to see your print catalog because I am thinking of adding one to my site and "I was thinking his site looks different." Low and behold I come to this form and you posted about it. I have to say I love the new layout! I think its just looks a lot cleaner.
  • Options
    ko04ko04 Registered Users Posts: 370 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2013
    Living in Venice is certainly a lucky circumstance but it has, from a photography pesrpective, pros and cons. It surely is a magic and inspiring place but it is also a place photographed gazillion times and sometime I find it very hard to do something that hasn't been already done!

Same for myself; that's why I ended up with a "bare bones" text! I do reckon images speak better than any well written presentation.

Thanks a lot Rob for taking the time to let me know those precious lines of code that are now making my website (+many others, I suppose!) much nicer! wings.gif

Hey I visited your site and I agree its very simple and to the point which is nice. One thing though on my 27in mac your home page slideshow the facebook button is in the middle of the images. Not sure if its just my screen or not but might want to look at that. Another thing I found myself lost on how to get back to your home page I figured it out but for less tech savvy people if they want to go back there they might not figure it out. Just a few thoughts for what they are worth.