Options

64 Bit ApertureToSmugMug Plugin

Comments

• Options
    peterparkerpeterparker Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    I'm having some issues with the package maker. Can you please download and try the one I just uploaded if you are having install issues.
  • Options
    tlevequetleveque Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    It is working fine now!!!!

Thanks!!! rolleyes1.gif
    I'm having some issues with the package maker. Can you please download and try the one I just uploaded if you are having install issues.
  • Options
    aquaticvideographeraquaticvideographer Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    tleveque wrote:
    It is working fine now!!!!

Thanks!!! rolleyes1.gif

Same for me. Thanks much!thumb.gif
  • Options
    QuitaritaQuitarita Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2008
    no worky for me .29
    Hi,

Thanks so much for this! :)

Would love to use it but I'm having trouble installing it. The Install fails with this message:

"The installer could not write the receipt for "ApertureToSmugMug-.29" "

Am i missing something here?

Sleep-deprived new mom,
    ~rosaura
  • Options
    itsaduckitsaduck Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    AperturetoSmugMug
    Hi All-

I've posted images for a client to review. They are proofs and have not been post-processed. Once she picks her images, I'll need to replace the existing proof shots with the PP shots. Does anyone do that from within Aperture? It seems to me that I'll have to actually export the images from Aperture and upload them using the Smug Uploader tool instead in order to actually "replace" them per SmugMug.

Is that right or is there some other way that I'm not seeing?

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2008
    Quitarita wrote:
    The Install fails with this message:

"The installer could not write the receipt for "ApertureToSmugMug-.29" "

Could you please download it again and try it out? I've replaced the installer with a simple AppleScript droplet.
  • Options
    rajdocmacrajdocmac Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 11, 2008
    Can't download the plugin...
    Could you please download it again and try it out? I've replaced the installer with a simple AppleScript droplet.

Hey David,

When I click to download the AperturetoSmugmug 0.29 droplet, it says that the server is not available. Is there somewhere else I can download it from?

Raj
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2008
    rajdocmac wrote:
    Hey David,

When I click to download the AperturetoSmugmug 0.29 droplet, it says that the server is not available. Is there somewhere else I can download it from?

Raj

Please try again.
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2008
    well, i got it downloaded...
    Please try again.

Well, I got it downloaded okay (thanks for fixing that), but I don't know how to install it into aperture. When I double click it, it asks for an application. Do I open it with Aperture? Do I drop Aperture on it?

Raj
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2008
    rajdocmac wrote:
    When I double click it, it asks for an application. Do I open it with Aperture? Do I drop Aperture on it?

You are not able to unzip the downloaded file?
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2008
    You are not able to unzip the downloaded file?

I got it unzipped, but what do I do with the file after it is unzipped?

Raj
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2008
    rajdocmac wrote:
    I got it unzipped, but what do I do with the file after it is unzipped?

Raj

Drag the plugin and drop it on top of the "Drop the plugin here to install" file. Let me know if it works or doesn't.
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2008
    Drag the plugin and drop it on top of the "Drop the plugin here to install" file. Let me know if it works or doesn't.

I'm confused. When I unzip the file, all I get is a document labelled "ApertureToSmug-0.29" with no extension. I don't see a plugin or a "Drop the plugin here to install" file.

Raj
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2008
    rajdocmac wrote:
    I'm confused. When I unzip the file, all I get is a document labelled "ApertureToSmug-0.29" with no extension. I don't see a plugin or a "Drop the plugin here to install" file.

Raj

Ah, that is a .dmg file. You have to double-click to mount the disk image.
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2008
    Ah, that is a .dmg file. You have to double-click to mount the disk image.

It isn't. The file is actually empty. I even changed the extension to .dmg and tried to mount it, but it didn't work. Is there a different file I can download? This one is zero KB, so I feel that I have the wrong one.

Raj
  • Options
    airbornairborn Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 11, 2008
    rajdocmac wrote:
    It isn't. The file is actually empty. I even changed the extension to .dmg and tried to mount it, but it didn't work. Is there a different file I can download? This one is zero KB, so I feel that I have the wrong one.

Raj

I'm having the same problem too. Is there a solution to this or am I doing something wrong?

-tom
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2008
    airborn wrote:
    I'm having the same problem too. Is there a solution to this or am I doing something wrong?

-tom

Looks like there was a problem with my file transfer. Can you guys download it again please?
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2008
    It Works!
    Looks like there was a problem with my file transfer. Can you guys download it again please?

Thanks David! It works!

Thanks for your help getting this sorted out and for writing this in the first place.

Raj
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2008
    rajdocmac wrote:
    Thanks David! It works!

Thanks for your help getting this sorted out and for writing this in the first place.

Raj

Your welcome. Thanks for being the first to test out the new installer :-)
  • Options
    TxTortoiseTxTortoise Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Processing Status Notice?
    David, is there a way to see whether AperturetoSmugMug is running in the background and the progress? I know it doesn't show up in the Activities drop down, so just wondered if I was missing something.

The only way I know to tell is to try and do it again, if it doesn't show up in the Export drop-down, then I know it's running. ;-)

Thanks..

BTW, Apple needs the new version on their page. I was getting crashes with 2.01 and your prior version and was in a panic until I found your page.
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2008
    TxTortoise wrote:
    David, is there a way to see whether AperturetoSmugMug is running in the background and the progress? I know it doesn't show up in the Activities drop down, so just wondered if I was missing something.

It does show in the activity window now.
  • Options
    wacommewacomme Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2008
    Aperture 2.0
    Does this program exist for Aperture 2.0?
    Michael Chamberlin
    Michael Chamberlin Photography
    www.chamberlinphoto.com
    michael@chamberlinphoto.com

• Options
    edited March 22, 2008
    wacomme wrote:
    Does this program exist for Aperture 2.0?

The plugin works with Aperture 2.0.1.
  • Options
    3deye3deye Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 24, 2008
    Lockup with Aperture->Smugmug 0.29
    Hi there... First, thanks for creating this plugin. Once I get it working I know I'm gonna love it!

OK... I downloaded it for the first time today and the installation went flawlessly. I then started an upload of a project and that was working fine, but I left my mac for awhile to eat dinner without remembering that it was going to go to sleep in 30 minutes. So... came back from dinner well fed but no joy... the mac was sleeping and the upload was hung. So I deleted my new library in smugmug and tried to start over in Aperture with the export and all I'm getting when I launch the export is a "Logging into SmugMug" alert on top of the plugin's dialog. That alert just stays there and I never actually log in. I can click on the Login button and the Login alert does come up, and when I log in using that all that happens is that a new folder gets created in Aperture and I get brought into that new (empty) folder.

So... I tried to delete the plugin and reinstall, but when I go to Library/ApplicationSupport/Aperture I don't see any folder for plugins.

Help! (thanks)

-Gary
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2008
    Gary, which version of Aperture do you have?

Reinstalling the plugin shouldn't make a difference, it wouldn't have changed. But, it is installed in /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-ins/Export. Using the droplet installer will overwrite the existing one also.

You could remove the preference file also, but I'm not sure what the problem is so it's just a guess. Preference file is at /Users/username/Library/Preferences/org.davidholmes.ApertureToSmugMug.plist.
  • Options
    shrekieshrekie Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    The plugin works with Aperture 2.0.1.

Hi Peter,

I was using your plugin version 0.28 with Aperture 1.x.x and it worked fine, displaying the details and the progress bar during the transfer.

After I upgraded to Aperture 2.0.1, v0.28 caused Aperture to crash, so I realised that there was a newer version, downloaded v0.29 and installed it with the plugin drag and drop installer.

The export of images is working fine now, but the ApertureToSmugmug window is gone. I can see that images are still exporting as the wheel is still turning in Aperture, but I can't see the progress of the export unless I keep checking my destination gallery to see how many photos have been uploaded.

Is there a way for me to get the progress window to show up again as with the previous version?

Thanks again,

Nelson
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2008
    shrekie wrote:
    Is there a way for me to get the progress window to show up again as with the previous version?

Not exactly. A highly requested feature of Aperture included in 2.0 is background exports allowing you to continue working while exports are running. The progress is now displayed in the activity window.
  • Options
    3deye3deye Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 25, 2008
    Heya... I'm using 2.0.1. Note that I did delete the plugin and the prefs file and restarted the upload and all's going well now. I'm pretty sure that it's a problem with the system going to sleep during an export and thoroughly confusing the exporter. Is it possible to inhibit sleep mode while exporting? (that would be nice... and when the export is done sleep could be initiated)
    For now I know to just disable sleep mode when exporting.

Also, I just noticed that I wasn't able to type into the descriptor field in the plugin before exporting. Is that supposed to be enabled?

Thanks again... -G

Gary, which version of Aperture do you have?

Reinstalling the plugin shouldn't make a difference, it wouldn't have changed. But, it is installed in /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-ins/Export. Using the droplet installer will overwrite the existing one also.

You could remove the preference file also, but I'm not sure what the problem is so it's just a guess. Preference file is at /Users/username/Library/Preferences/org.davidholmes.ApertureToSmugMug.plist.
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2008
    3deye wrote:
    Is it possible to inhibit sleep mode while exporting?
    Nothing I can do that I know of. I would think that Aperture would keep the system from sleeping while exporting, but apparently not.
    3deye wrote:
    Also, I just noticed that I wasn't able to type into the descriptor field in the plugin before exporting. Is that supposed to be enabled?
    The caption and keyword fields are read-only. They are just there for reviewing Aperture's metadata before exporting.
  • Options
    shrekieshrekie Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2008
    Not exactly. A highly requested feature of Aperture included in 2.0 is background exports allowing you to continue working while exports are running. The progress is now displayed in the activity window.

Hi Peter,

As you've mentioned and also from reading other people's posts, it seems that Aperture 2.x allows you to continue to work whist it is exporting to smugmug in the background. However, mine still doesn't allow me to work on anything whilst exporting...is there anything else that I need to enable?

I am using Aperture 2.1 on OS 10.4.11.
    Thanks,

Nelson