Options

64 Bit ApertureToSmugMug Plugin

Comments

• Options
    peterparkerpeterparker Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2008
    shrekie wrote:
    Hi Peter,

As you've mentioned and also from reading other people's posts, it seems that Aperture 2.x allows you to continue to work whist it is exporting to smugmug in the background. However, mine still doesn't allow me to work on anything whilst exporting...is there anything else that I need to enable?

I am using Aperture 2.1 on OS 10.4.11.
    Thanks,

Nelson

Nelson, no nothing else to enable. Not sure what is going on. I'm downloading the Aperture 2.1 trial now to try it out.
  • Options
    shrekieshrekie Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2008
    Nelson, no nothing else to enable. Not sure what is going on. I'm downloading the Aperture 2.1 trial now to try it out.

Thanks David:)

(sorry Spidey, I keep calling you Peter!)
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2008
    No dice on the 2.1 trial install, already have an expired 2.0 trial. Gotta figure out a plan B...
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2008
    OK, tested with 2.1 and all is well.
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2008
    OK, tested with 2.1 and all is well.

Bum. It's still not working on my 2.1.
    I'm on OSX 10.4.11. Are you using Tiger or Leopard?
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2008
    shrekie wrote:
    Bum. It's still not working on my 2.1.
    I'm on OSX 10.4.11. Are you using Tiger or Leopard?

Leopard
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2008
    Leopard
    Hmmm...might be a Tiger issue then.
    Will have to wait until I get Leopard with my new MBPro:)
  • Options
    BakariBakari Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 9, 2008
    Hi, I giving SmugMug a trial run, first off because I can upload photos directly from Aperture. I've uploaded three sets of photos so far, and for the most part, the process has been running okay. For some reason, upon the SmugMug plug-in upload/export, it creates a empty project folder in Aperture. But other than that, everything is running pretty smooth.

I thought I'd check in to see before finally joining SmugMug if there are big issues others are having with AperturetoSmugMug?

It seems that plug-in works okay with Aperture 2.0.1 under the latest Leopard update.
  • Options
    leebuleebu Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited April 16, 2008
    Captions & keywords
    I'm running Aperture 2.1 on OS X 10.5.2 and ApertureToSmugMug 0.29...

I just went through a major exercise of deleting and rebuilding my site http://leebutlerphoto.com and everything was uploaded with 0.29.

The uploads worked great except now I'm finding that none of the captions or keywords have been set even though they were there in the export window...

To late now, I'll have to go set them all again manually using the website, but it should have saved them on SmugMug...

>> Update
    Actually, I think this was caused when I chose PNG. Aperture doesn't appear to export metadata in that format, or at least it doesn't by default. I'd hazard a guess that when it arrived at SmugMug there wasn't any caption or keywords to read... I'm off to upload JPEGs now...
  • Options
    QuitaritaQuitarita Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    it worked
    Could you please download it again and try it out? I've replaced the installer with a simple AppleScript droplet.

Hi,

It works for me now! Yahoo. Sorry I didn't reply sooner... I've been dealing with family stuff (death in the family) and am only now getting back to this.

Thanks for the plugin!
  • Options
    MacLoyalMacLoyal Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    Hard to find the link to v.29
    David, your plug in for Aperture has been such a joy to use. I was upset when I got home from vacation with 4K photos and each time I hit 'export' it made Aperture crash. :uhoh

I will try installing the new version as soon as my upload is done using another plug in. I just want to make a suggestion about your ever improving product. Could you please start putting the link to the newest version in Post #1? I had to search a long time to find it in Post #118.

Thanks for all the work you do for all of us! clap.gif

The .29 version has been working great!
    macloyal.smugmug.com
  • Options
    TKnoopTKnoop Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 21, 2008
    upload issue
    I'm experiencing periodic difficulty in uploading images from Aperture
    > (Apple G5, Aperture, 2.1). When I upload certain images
    > (default setting is jpeg - original size), Aperture freezes during the
    > process and shuts down, without completing the upload. I'm using the .29dmg, which interesting does not appear as a 'title' in the upper left-hand corner of the uploader (shows .28) Any thoughts or suggests? Thanks
    >
  • Options
    Joe BurnsJoe Burns Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 31, 2008
    I don't get it.
    I could use more specific instructions in getting this plug-in up and running. I downloaded .29 and dragged Aperture ...export icon to Drop Icon here Icon. I get a message that it is installed, but what do I do know? Under file/export I get a no plug-ins installed message. I hate to sound totally dense, but I would like to use this upload method if possible.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2008
    Joe Burns wrote:
    I could use more specific instructions in getting this plug-in up and running. I downloaded .29 and dragged Aperture ...export icon to Drop Icon here Icon. I get a message that it is installed, but what do I do know? Under file/export I get a no plug-ins installed message. I hate to sound totally dense, but I would like to use this upload method if possible.
    bump
  • Options
    beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    Joe Burns wrote:

Same thing, any help?
    What's the next step after the install complete window?
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2008
    the plug-in is showing up in the directory but, in aperture it still says no plug-in under export
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2008
    A restart seemed to solve the problem. I shut down to solve a different problem and the next time I came back the aperture to smugmug option was there.
    I know it's been a while Joe but Hope that helps
  • Options
    YannsterYannster Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 13, 2008
    Question about color space and Aperture/Smugmug/Firefox: when I edit images in Aperture on a calibrated monitor, colors look fine, but when I upload them to Smugmug and viewing them on Firefox 3 RC3 (on a Mac obviously), they look incredibly washed out (sRGB) and yet look somewhat different on Safari (a little better, but still washed out).

Any tips on how to get better results at the export stage? Any settings I missed somehow either in Aperture or in the export plug-in?

Thank you in advance,

Best,

/yann
  • Options
    StoneyStoney Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 15, 2008
    Useless empty folder created on export
    Bakari wrote:
    ... For some reason, upon the SmugMug plug-in upload/export, it creates a empty project folder in Aperture. ...
    I'm also getting this empty folder created. Using Aperture 2.1 under OS X 10.5.3. Seems harmless, but worrisome.
  • Options
    CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    Getting an exception with ApertureToSmugMug 0.29
    This with Aperture 2.1 on 10.5.3. Not sure if there's a huge problem here other than log spew... well it *is* an exception and those are pretty much always bugs mwink.gif

Jun 24 14:12:12 Ocho Aperture[12993]: Main Thread Exception in Aperture: *** -[NSCFArray objectAtIndex:]: index (0) beyond bounds (0)\nBacktrace:\n0x00071fea (in Aperture)\n0x92256db7: +[NSException exceptionWithName:reason:userInfo:] (in CoreFoundation)\n0x92256f23: +[NSException raise:format:arguments:] (in CoreFoundation)\n0x92256f6a: +[NSException raise:format:] (in CoreFoundation)\n0x9359bf1f: _NSArrayRaiseBoundException (in Foundation)\n0x935198b8: -[NSCFArray objectAtIndex:] (in Foundation)\n0x20c2ac27: -[ApertureSmugMugExport getSubCategories] (in ApertureToSmugMug)\n0x20c289b9: -[ApertureSmugMugExport beginNewAlbum:] (in ApertureToSmugMug)\n0x96adbc23: -[NSApplication sendAction:to:from:] (in AppKit)\n0x0097922d (in ProKit)\n0x0036a4b4 (in Aperture)\n0x96adbb60: -[NSControl sendAction:to:] (in AppKit)\n0x96adb9e6: -[NSCell _sendActionFrom:] (in AppKit)\n0x96adb03f: -[NSCell trackMouse:inRect:ofView:untilMouseUp:] (in AppKit)\n0x96ada892: -[NSButtonCell trackMouse:inRect:ofView:untilMouseUp:] (in AppKit)\n0x96ada14c: -[NSControl mouseDown:] (in AppKit)\n0x96ad888b: -[NSWindow sendEvent:] (in AppKit)\n0x96aa5431: -[NSApplication sendEvent:] (in AppKit)\n0x0037247a (in Aperture)\n0x96c46ea1: -[NSApplication _realDoModalLoop:peek:] (in AppKit)\n0x96c415b5: -[NSApplication runModalForWindow:] (in AppKit)\n0x00574a38 (in Aperture)\n0x00044d1a (in Aperture)\n0x96adbc23: -[NSApplication sendAction:to:from:] (in AppKit)\n0x0097922d (in ProKit)\n0x0036a4b4 (in Aperture)\n0x96b8a660: -[NSMenu performActionForItemAtIndex:] (in AppKit)\n0x96b8a365: -[NSCarbonMenuImpl performActionWithHighlightingForItemAtIndex:] (in AppKit)\n0x96b67242: AppKitMenuEventHandler (in AppKit)\n0x93961763: DispatchEventToHandlers(EventTargetRec*, OpaqueEventRef*, HandlerCallRec*) (in HIToolbox)\n0x93960b9d: SendEventToEventTargetInternal(OpaqueEventRef*, OpaqueEventTargetRef*, HandlerCallRec*) (in HIToolbox)\n0x9397d4ee: SendEventToEventTarget (in HIToolbox)\n0x939b1bc1: SendHICommandEvent(unsigned long, HICommand const*, unsigned long, unsigned long, unsigned char, OpaqueEventTargetRef*, OpaqueEventTargetRef*, OpaqueEventRef**) (in HIToolbox)\n0x939d83d3: SendMenuCommandWithContextAndModifiers (in HIToolbox)\n0x939d8390: SendMenuItemSelectedEvent (in HIToolbox)\n0x939d82a2: FinishMenuSelection(MenuData*, MenuData*, MenuResult*, MenuResult*, unsigned long, unsigned long, unsigned long, unsigned char) (in HIToolbox)\n0x93a2836d: PopUpMenuSelectCore(MenuData*, Point, double, Point, unsigned short, unsigned, Rect const*, unsigned short, unsigned long, Rect const*, Rect const*, __CFString const*, OpaqueMenuRef**, unsigned short*) (in HIToolbox)\n0x93a27c37: _HandlePopUpMenuSelection7 (in HIToolbox)\n0x96c52c9b: _NSPopUpCarbonMenu3 (in AppKit)\n0x96c52088: _NSPopUpCarbonMenu2 (in AppKit)\n0x96c51fe9: _NSPopUpCarbonMenu1 (in AppKit)\n0x96c51f49: -[NSCarbonMenuImpl _popUpContextMenu:withEvent:forView:withFont:] (in AppKit)\n0x009f5bed (in ProKit)\n0x96ddb6cc: -[NSCarbonMenuImpl _popUpContextMenu:withEvent:forView:] (in AppKit)\n0x009685e0 (in ProKit)\n0x0096865a (in ProKit)\n0x96c51c1a: -[NSMenu _popUpMenuWithEvent:forView:] (in AppKit)\n0x9701c10d: -[NSView rightMouseDown:] (in AppKit)\n0x96ad94c5: -[NSWindow sendEvent:] (in AppKit)\n0x0099ceba (in ProKit)\n0x96aa5431: -[NSApplication sendEvent:] (in AppKit)\n0x0037247a (in Aperture)\n0x96a02e27: -[NSApplication run] (in AppKit)\n0x00979e5a (in ProKit)\n0x00003252 (in Aperture)
  • Options
    acmach5acmach5 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 27, 2008
    My auto opening gallery page does not work.
    Hi. I have been using and enjoying ApertureToSmugmug for a while and. I love it. I have been having a problem recently though when the check box is checked "open album after export" it opens my browser with a smugmug link in the address bar but the page is blank. It does create a gallery correctly but the auto open feature does not work. I have to go to smugmug manually to find my gallery.

Any ideas or fixes?

Thanks!
  • Options
    cryptochromecryptochrome Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    No keywords/camera info?
    Sorry if this has been asked before... but the plugin does not seem to export my keywords or captions. Same goes for camera info. My pictures basically arrive only with the filename at SmugMug. Is this known? How can I fix it?

Oh, and while we are at it... (just used the plugin the first time): Only 8 of the 15 photos I selected in this case show up on SmugMug (regarding to the Aperture activity view however, all files were uploaded).

Latest Aperture build....

Just started to build my SmugMug galleries:
    http://cryptochrome.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Dupont24Dupont24 Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    What is the latest version of the plugin?
    :clap Canon 40D and Canon 7D
    Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS EF USM, Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS EF-S (USM), Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM, Canon 50mm 1.8, and Canon Speedlite 430EX II, Bounce

dome.http://moreno24.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    KyleCKyleC Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    acmach5 wrote:
    Hi. I have been using and enjoying ApertureToSmugmug for a while and. I love it. I have been having a problem recently though when the check box is checked "open album after export" it opens my browser with a smugmug link in the address bar but the page is blank. It does create a gallery correctly but the auto open feature does not work. I have to go to smugmug manually to find my gallery.

Any ideas or fixes?

Thanks!

I have this same problem now. seems like it just started.
  • Options
    bradheplerbradhepler Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 14, 2008
    Geotagging?
    Hi,

Does ApertureToSmugMug 0.29 support EXIF latitude and longitude data uploading?

I uploaded 37 geotagged photos and only 3 of them were successfully geotagged on Smugmug.

It's hard to tell (since SmugMug's geotagging support is buggy) whether the problem is coming from ApertureToSmugMug or from Smugmug itself.

http://bracl.smugmug.com/gallery/5353984_BA4iQ

Otherwise the tool is working great for keywords, captions, etc.

Thanks!
    Brad
  • Options
    bradheplerbradhepler Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 17, 2008
    Re: Geotagging
    Hello, it appears that the problem is originating within ApertureToSmugmug.

If I manually export the versions to JPEG files, then use smugmug's uploader tool, the geography data survives intact.

If I use ApertureToSmugmug 0.29 (Aperture 2.1), the geography data usually does not survive to show up on smugmug.

Thanks
    Brad

bradhepler wrote:
    Hi,

Does ApertureToSmugMug 0.29 support EXIF latitude and longitude data uploading?

I uploaded 37 geotagged photos and only 3 of them were successfully geotagged on Smugmug.

It's hard to tell (since SmugMug's geotagging support is buggy) whether the problem is coming from ApertureToSmugMug or from Smugmug itself.

http://bracl.smugmug.com/gallery/5353984_BA4iQ

Otherwise the tool is working great for keywords, captions, etc.

Thanks!
    Brad
  • Options
    tsporetspore Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Ok let me say this. I love this export plugin. In fact I would kiss the developer if I saw him... :D (And who wouldn't want a 6'7" 250 lbs Harry man with a beard, and resembling Sasquach(sp??) kissing him!!!)

Will their be the ability for Aperture to Smugmug and able to use Amazon Storage for the Raw files? If I can get it all in one, I will use the Amazon service in a heart beat Though it could be a bit expensive....

Also it seems that when I upload my images the uploader never gets the random key for the gallery is that unusual?

Finally one other thing I noticed that I would like is the ability so when I upload I can have my watermark, custom pricing, and basically presets available. Is that possible in the future??

Really great work on this!!

-Tony
  • Options
    akseezakseez Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 20, 2008
    tspore wrote:
    Will their be the ability for Aperture to Smugmug and able to use Amazon Storage for the Raw files? If I can get it all in one, I will use the Amazon service in a heart beat Though it could be a bit expensive....

Also it seems that when I upload my images the uploader never gets the random key for the gallery is that unusual?

Finally one other thing I noticed that I would like is the ability so when I upload I can have my watermark, custom pricing, and basically presets available. Is that possible in the future??

Really great work on this!!

-Tony

I recently emailed the ApertureToSmugMug developer with a few minor feature requests of my own but he said that he no longer has time to work on the plugin, only bug fixes. I'm hoping that SmugMug themselves or some other kind developer will pick it up and continue to make this great tool even better. The support for Aperture was a big part in why I chose to use SmugMug.

- Jason
  • Options
    PhotoNerdPhotoNerd Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 27, 2008
    Can't Load Plugin for Aperture / SmugMug
    I've tried 7 times...
    Once I have the Aperture to SmugMug 0.29 (link) on my desktop and I double-click on it...
    Says: 'There is no default application specified to open the document 'ApertureToSmugMug..' . Then asks my to choose an application. I chose 'Aperture' and then my Aperture no longer will load at all. {Completely Frozen} Had to reinstall Aperture, which I have now done, but don't want to have to do this again. Ideas?
    Signed,
    Software Challenged
  • Options
    akseezakseez Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 27, 2008
    PhotoNerd wrote:
    I've tried 7 times...
    Once I have the Aperture to SmugMug 0.29 (link) on my desktop and I double-click on it...
    Says: 'There is no default application specified to open the document 'ApertureToSmugMug..' . Then asks my to choose an application. I chose 'Aperture' and then my Aperture no longer will load at all. {Completely Frozen} Had to reinstall Aperture, which I have now done, but don't want to have to do this again. Ideas?
    Signed,
    Software Challenged

What's the extension, .zip, .dmg, or .ApertureExport?

If it's .zip open it with /System/Library/CoreServices/Archive Utility or BOM Archive Helper, depending on your OS version

If it's .dmg open it with /System/Library/CoreServices/DiskImageMounter

If it's .ApertureExport copy the file to /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Export

I hope that helps.

- Jason