Options

HEADS UP: New Release, March 17, 2008. Slideshow Issues?

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    {JT} wrote:
    Dennis, can you try disabling AVG and restarting IE and trying again?

I uninstalled AVG and it made no difference. The halfscreen first picture problem is still there.
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • Options
    Lori_BLori_B Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    Works for me! (About 98%)
    Alright, everything seems to be working! Way to go, guys! clap.gif

My button is now clickable in IE.
    Sometimes the first image is a small thumb.
    The first time through, not all the images came up in the thumb scroller, but I scrolled through again and then they all showed.
    A little slow/draggy, but I am also on an old computer, looking in a gallery with 298 photos, with music playing during the slideshow. What can I say, I like to press my luck. :D
  • Options
    Lori_BLori_B Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    Lori_B wrote:
    Alright, everything seems to be working! Way to go, guys! clap.gif

My button is now clickable in IE.
    Sometimes the first image is a small thumb.
    The first time through, not all the images came up in the thumb scroller, but I scrolled through again and then they all showed.
    A little slow/draggy, but I am also on an old computer, looking in a gallery with 298 photos, with music playing during the slideshow. What can I say, I like to press my luck. :D

Ok, caveat. Sent the FFSSS link to my coworker's computer and she got the black screen in FF. Tried it in IE and it says she doesn't have a current enough version of Flash (she has v.9?), and since she does not have administrative privileges, cannot update.

Unfortunately, if we are to be sending our slideshows to clients and/or allowing public viewing, we cannot stipulate that they have a specific version of Flash or IE or FF or whatever, so imho getting the slideshows compatible with multiple versions of software is important.

But, I think we're on the right track! Keep it up. :-)
  • Options
    battsbatts Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    ATTENTION Slideshow folks

We just pushed out a bug-fix release of the full screen slideshow. We are hopeful that this addresses the non-clickable buttons, and black screens that some of you were getting in IE7, and in some cases, other browsers, too. We're chasing down some homepage slideshows that have a small (thumb sized) first image - might be related to a feedURL if you use that. If you have that pls report it here.

Please let us know how we did? ear.gif

Oh and thank you ALL for your patience and support, and for not stringing up me, Shizam, {JT} or anyone else :D

Y'all are the best customers, really. Thank you.
    Slideshow works for me with some guesswork. The "Slideshow" button pops up on the page when the page is loading, but then disappears once the whole page is loaded. I can mouseover where the slideshow button hidden or missing in the black background, the mouse changes status, click and the slide show works great.

Sorry I can't guess why or what is going on, but that is what happens for me on anyone's smugmug gallery. At least I don't see a solid green button anymore, must be black now.

System info
    firefox 2.0.0.12
    flash 9.0.115.0
    Kubuntu 7.10
  • Options
    jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    Sheaf wrote:
    Homepage slideshow or the slideshow in a gallery? We are trying to stamp out a few bugs, so hold tight. Any info you can give would be helpful.

I didn't notice this post back on the 17th.. so not sure if this is a new issue or not... I am using the new slideshow and have had it working perfectly for at least a month, it now stalls on the first pic if that pic loads at all. Tried in FF as well and has a comment saying waiting for api.smugmug.com .

Were there code changes I needed to make or are you guys making changes and I just hit it at the right time?

thanks!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    jww wrote:
    I didn't notice this post back on the 17th.. so not sure if this is a new issue or not... I am using the new slideshow and have had it working perfectly for at least a month, it now stalls on the first pic if that pic loads at all. Tried in FF as well and has a comment saying waiting for api.smugmug.com .

Were there code changes I needed to make or are you guys making changes and I just hit it at the right time?

thanks!
    are you running a firewall? Is *.smugmug.com a trusted site? Let us know.
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2008
    batts wrote:
    Slideshow works for me with some guesswork. The "Slideshow" button pops up on the page when the page is loading, but then disappears once the whole page is loaded. I can mouseover where the slideshow button hidden or missing in the black background, the mouse changes status, click and the slide show works great.

Sorry I can't guess why or what is going on, but that is what happens for me on anyone's smugmug gallery. At least I don't see a solid green button anymore, must be black now.

System info
    firefox 2.0.0.12
    flash 9.0.115.0
    Kubuntu 7.10
    Gallery link please? ear.gif EDIT - linux, we'll see what can be done.
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    are you running a firewall? Is *.smugmug.com a trusted site? Let us know.

Hi Andy,

Yup... and shutting it off makes no difference. ..so I wouldn't think adding smugmug as a trusted site would make any difference. ...plus that would be an entertaining change for a visitor to have to make. "This is a slideshow, to view me please trust me so I can play. I promise to be nice"

I have made a mini version of a flash loader before smugmugs version came out at http://www.indyscca.org and it works fine. ..though my version doesn't have as many bells and whistles.

I am not saying there might not be a problem on my end, but can you see more than the initial pic? ..in the mean time I will fire up my laptop and check it out.

Thanks for the quick response!
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,240 moderator
    edited March 26, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    We just pushed out a bug-fix release of the full screen slideshow.
    Looks good for me! Sorry I didn't see this note before I left for work this morning... I just tested it in Vista, IE7, and the full screen show works beautifully.

Thanks!

--- Denise
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    I use AVG Free Edition. I'm on my home computers. I have two, one is a laptop.
    Both computers are set up the same (Vista and IE7), and both have the same problem of the first picture being about halfscreen.

Now I am at work and I have the same problem on my laptop which uses XP and IE7. This machine worked when the Vista home machines didn't, before the last fix. But it now too has the problem where the first one or two pictures are smaller. It isn't as bad on this screen as the pictures seem to go to the X2 size and this is a smaller screen. People who don't see the problem may have smaller monitors.
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • Options
    twincitiesphototwincitiesphoto Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    Just an update from me - I'm at home now - using my vista machine and IE7 and the slideshow is now working fine for me - both in IE7 and Safari Browser - thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2008
    jww wrote:
    Hi Andy,

I am not saying there might not be a problem on my end, but can you see more than the initial pic? ..in the mean time I will fire up my laptop and check it out.

Thanks for the quick response!

..never mind. I figured it out. My browser cache was not playing nicely.. Seems that flash objects hang on regardless of an update to that object. I just went in and blew it away and all went back to normal.

thanks!
  • Options
    Jan JJan J Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    ATTENTION Slideshow folks

We just pushed out a bug-fix release of the full screen slideshow. We are hopeful that this addresses the non-clickable buttons, and black screens that some of you were getting in IE7, and in some cases, other browsers, too. We're chasing down some homepage slideshows that have a small (thumb sized) first image - might be related to a feedURL if you use that. If you have that pls report it here.

Please let us know how we did? ear.gif

Oh and thank you ALL for your patience and support, and for not stringing up me, Shizam, {JT} or anyone else :D

Y'all are the best customers, really. Thank you.

Everything is working 100% for me now. THANK YOU... :ivar
    Knew you'd come through. Fantastic!!!clap.gif

http://jonesjunction.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    jww wrote:
    ..never mind. I figured it out. My browser cache was not playing nicely.. Seems that flash objects hang on regardless of an update to that object. I just went in and blew it away and all went back to normal.

thanks!

Hi JJW,
    What do you mean exactly? Are you talking about the sharedObject used to store parameters or just items stored in your browser cache?

Sam
    Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    ajrphotoajrphoto Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    slideshow not working
    my slideshow won't work in any gallery. any ideas why? i'm using firefox.
    thanks!!!
  • Options
    HoyBoyHoyBoy Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Details please - what does "no love" mean?

Gallery, where it happens. What, exactly, happens?

Have you tried here:
    http://cmac.smugmug.com/gallery/2504559_f3ta9#131481399

Have you tried completely clearing your FF2 Cache, closing and reopening?

Andy, "no love" means it still doesn't work. It doesn't work on the gallery you listed above and it doesn't work on any gallery of my own.

Yes, I've tried clearing the cache, closing and reopening.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    HoyBoy wrote:
    Andy, "no love" means it still doesn't work. It doesn't work on the gallery you listed above and it doesn't work on any gallery of my own.

Your full screen slideshow is working here in Firefox.thumb.gif
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2008
    ajrphoto wrote:
    my slideshow won't work in any gallery. any ideas why? i'm using firefox.
    thanks!!!
    You are fixed up.

The issue? You have some breadcrumb-modifying Javascript. I removed it (here it is):
    function ModifyText () {
       var objElement = document.getElementById("breadcrumb")
       if (objElement != null) {
          var str = new String(objElement.innerHTML);
          str = str.replace('>rondophoto<', '>Home<')
          objElement.innerHTML = str;
       }
    }

I am not a JS expert.. The breadcrumb hack has to go, I think. We'll get a definitive answer on this. It's out of your code now and you should be good to see the FSSS.
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2008
    HoyBoy wrote:

Hey Chris,

Try this gallery:

http://www.capturedimaginings.com/gallery/3359002_hNYi2#269029204

now close browser and try this?

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/3359002_hNYi2#269029204
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    Your full screen slideshow is working here in Firefox.thumb.gif

It works fine on my laptop, but no on my desktop. Sorry.headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2008
    Andy wrote:

Neither works Andy. I tried the first one. Closed the browser and tried the 2nd. Neither worked.
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2008
    HoyBoy wrote:
    Neither works Andy. I tried the first one. Closed the browser and tried the 2nd. Neither worked.
    Clear cache FULLY and try your site links again.

Then try here pls
    http://cmac.smugmug.com/gallery/2504559_f3ta9#131481399

and here:
    http://cmac.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=2504559&AlbumKey=f3ta9
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2008
    Still have questions or issues? Please post them in this new thread, thanks:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=88954
This discussion has been closed.