Options

HEADS UP: New Release, March 17, 2008. Slideshow Issues?

Comments

• Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    I haven't seen this issue mentioned yet...

The FFSS starts with a square thumbnail:
    269661233_yX38r-L.jpg

A few images after that will be full screen (largest sized enabled is x2)

linky: http://aktse.smugmug.com/gallery/4574972_LXrhQ#269645599

And I'm still having issues with the esc or return to gallery (stays in the FFSS window)
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    Shizam wrote:
    Looking for a test case for a specific issue, so far I know it happens in IE7 Vista (maybe XP too).

-Go to gallery
    -Click Slideshow Button
    -Gives you full black screen even if you wait for a bit
    -Hit escape
    -Click the slideshow button again
    -Now you see the slideshow full screen as you would expect but you can't interact with it at all and it doesn't play.

If this is happening for you please come see me in IRC:
    http://wiki.smugmug.com/display/SmugMug/SmugChat

Sam

You saw it happen on my computer. It still happens. Let me know if you want me to try something.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    Sam -
    I sent you a message via chat a little bit ago. No response, so I'm not sure if you're still around. I have exactly the scenario you describe. I'm running IE7 on Vista. I only have play slideshow enabled in one gallery for now, in http://denise.smugmug.com/gallery/3961344_8Ho4N. Not that the gallery will do you any good since you can't reproduce this on your systems, right?

Let me know how I can help. I'll keep an eye on the chat window too.

--- Denise
    I saw it and sent it to the crew. You were off of chat at that point.
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2008
    HoyBoy wrote:
    I'm still unable to see the new slideshow feature on my desktop with Vista and FF. But I just tried it on my laptop with the same configuration and it plays fine. And, might I add, it looks great!

There's got to be something different with a version somewhere, but I don't know what it is.
    Is your Destop Vista Home Premium and your Laptop Vista Ultimate, by any chance ear.gif
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,245 moderator
    edited March 24, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    I saw it and sent it to the crew. You were off of chat at that point.
    Andy -
    This problem only happens on my home computer. If anyone wants to chat, or if your developers want to reach through the ether to my machine, I can be available after 7 eastern time.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2008
    Andy -
    This problem only happens on my home computer. If anyone wants to chat, or if your developers want to reach through the ether to my machine, I can be available after 7 eastern time.

--- Denise
    Vista Home Premium or Vista Ultimate? ear.gif
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,245 moderator
    edited March 24, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Vista Home Premium or Vista Ultimate? ear.gif
    Vista Home Premium
  • Options
    jeffmtnmanjeffmtnman Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    Slideshow button
    Gallery slideshow button still not working. Is there something I can do to fix this or do I have to wait and see ?

http://image-n-that.smugmug.com

Thanks,
    Jeff:help
  • Options
    snidowsnidow Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited March 24, 2008
    PC's:
    One Dell laptop running XP Sp2
    One HP desktop running Vista Home Premium
    One HP laptop running Vista Home Premium.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    All using Firefox, current level and current on flash as well.
    Problems:
    Home page slideshow, works at times and is sporadic at best, when it does show up it will show one photo for a long time then quickly flash 3 or 4 photos and then stop again. Most of the time it just does not show up.

Galleries pages, the slide show does not seem to work at all on any of my PCs.
    Unable to update description section on my “About Me” page
    I have cleared the cache on all machines and restarted the browser but still have the same results. I have set all my galleries to Smugmug view so people will be able to see them, but the first gallery or “home page” not working right is my main concern right now. I’ve waited to outline the issues I have been having since most of these are already being worked on but figured I would let you know these are still not working for me.
    Thanks, Laurie
    www.PaintTheLight.com
  • Options
    Dramatapix®Dramatapix® Registered Users Posts: 430 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    I've asked this twice in the Shazam thread... Sorry for double-posting, but it appears as though it's been missed there. Can anyone help?

When I first installed the java slideshow on my homepage, I had an image load while the slide show loaded, then the slideshow would start. This helped to alleviate a blank frame while the slideshow loaded. Since the changes last week, it appears that the initial image is not loading. The frame is empty for a long time before the slideshow loads. I'm fearful that people will just move on to the rest of the site without taking advantage of the slideshow. Can someone take a look at my code and see what changed, or what I need to do to get the image showing up prior to the slideshow start?

Thank you
    My Gear: D200, D80, 50 f/1.4, 28-75 f/2.8, 55-200 f/4-5.6, 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, (4) White Lightning Ultra 1200's, SB600, (2) Lightspheres, 17" Macbook Pro, 24" Apple Imac, Thinkpad T42, Epson R-260, PSCS2, Adobe Lightroom, Apple Aperture, PS Elements 4
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2008
    I've asked this twice in the Shazam thread... Sorry for double-posting, but it appears as though it's been missed there. Can anyone help?

When I first installed the java slideshow on my homepage, I had an image load while the slide show loaded, then the slideshow would start. This helped to alleviate a blank frame while the slideshow loaded. Since the changes last week, it appears that the initial image is not loading. The frame is empty for a long time before the slideshow loads. I'm fearful that people will just move on to the rest of the site without taking advantage of the slideshow. Can someone take a look at my code and see what changed, or what I need to do to get the image showing up prior to the slideshow start?

Thank you
    Answered in other thread.
  • Options
    Jan JJan J Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    Slide Show doesn't work in full screen
    My galleries seem to skip pictures and then stop sometimes. This is since the switch on Mar. 17th on the full screen slide shows. I have gone to a couple of the galleries mentioned in this thread and some worked, but mine don't.

I just uploaded some pic's last night and noticed that the slideshow doesn't behave properly. (full screen). Some of my other galleries don't behave properly either.

http://jonesjunction.smugmug.com/

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2008
    Jan J wrote:
    My galleries seem to skip pictures and then stop sometimes. This is since the switch on Mar. 17th on the full screen slide shows. I have gone to a couple of the galleries mentioned in this thread and some worked, but mine don't.

I just uploaded some pic's last night and noticed that the slideshow doesn't behave properly. (full screen). Some of my other galleries don't behave properly either.

http://jonesjunction.smugmug.com/

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    We're working on it. I'm sorry it's taking us so long to get these last few, corner case issues, handled.
  • Options
    Jan JJan J Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2008
    Thanks Andy. I was hoping it was not just me and MY computer! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    CycoJCycoJ Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 24, 2008
    gallery flash slideshow not working on linux
    Hi

none of the gallery slideshows are working on my linux box (debian with firefox)
    I just see a green square where the slideshow button normally is. When I click on it
    something seems to flash up for a split second and then the firefox status bar shows

Read api.smugmug.com

I found someone else posting about this. Don't know if this is a flash on linux issue or not. I've flash player 9.0.115.0 installed (latest available flash for linux)

Cheers
    Jochen
  • Options
    HoyBoyHoyBoy Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Is your Destop Vista Home Premium and your Laptop Vista Ultimate, by any chance ear.gif

How'd you guess! Yup!:D
  • Options
    leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    My galleries don't work now with the SmugMug Style. The photos don't show at all. They show with the All Thumbs style.

I've removed all my customizations....and it still doesn't work.

http://leebase.smugmug.com/gallery/1349248_CTYXp/1#190047290

Lee
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2008
    leebase wrote:
    My galleries don't work now with the SmugMug Style. The photos don't show at all. They show with the All Thumbs style.

I've removed all my customizations....and it still doesn't work.

http://leebase.smugmug.com/gallery/1349248_CTYXp/1#190047290

Lee
    lee, try clearing your browser's cache, it's all good here when we view your website, smugmug style. Have you turned javascript off? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    lee, try clearing your browser's cache, it's all good here when we view your website, smugmug style. Have you turned javascript off? ear.gif

I've attached a screen shot.

Lee
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2008
    Just noticed a javascript err message on bottom of screen.

I've removed all my customizations....so don't know what's causing that err.

Lee
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2008
    leebase wrote:
    Just noticed a javascript err message on bottom of screen.

I've removed all my customizations....so don't know what's causing that err.

Lee
    Have you cleared all temp files in your IE? I don't see any errs on your site:

20080325-ckmdspdd27narnjdpi6j7bffep.jpg

How about here?
    http://cmac.smugmug.com/gallery/2504559_f3ta9#131481399
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2008
    Went to a differnt computer...used a different browser...cleared the cache.

No luck.
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2008
    leebase wrote:
    Went to a differnt computer...used a different browser...cleared the cache.

No luck.

For what it's worth -- your Moon River site doesn't come up for me either. I get the gold frame, but no photos appear in it.

Lee
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2008
    Are you at a new location, with firewall or other security measures in place? You've got something that's getting in the way of you and SmugMug.
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Are you at a new location, with firewall or other security measures in place? You've got something that's getting in the way of you and SmugMug.

The first computer was indeed using VPN software. The second does not.

Thing is -- I've always gotten to my site before -- AND -- I can get to the photos using the "all thumbs" style.

Lee
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2008
    leebase wrote:
    The first computer was indeed using VPN software. The second does not.

Thing is -- I've always gotten to my site before -- AND -- I can get to the photos using the "all thumbs" style.

Lee
    yes but something is wrong. Something on your computer(s) or network is blocking parts of SmugMug. Something is blocking Javascript as well. What is the security setting in your browser?
    See if you pass all the tests here?
    http://weblogin.bu.edu/troubleshooting?cmd=ssl
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    yes but something is wrong. Something on your computer(s) or network is blocking parts of SmugMug. Something is blocking Javascript as well. What is the security setting in your browser?
    See if you pass all the tests here?
    http://weblogin.bu.edu/troubleshooting?cmd=ssl

The computer with the vpn -- passes all tests -- and works with "all thumbs" and "critique".

Javascript is enabled.

Not sure how javascript can be working -- and the photos are able to be accessed when not using javascript -- how the block only occurs on the javascript.

Lee
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2008
    Tested again on the computer that's not behind a VPN. It too passed all the javascript test. It too can see the photos via "All Thumbs" and "Critique". It too cannot see your MoonRiver slideshow.

It too used to work just fine and I've not made any changes to it.

It may be a network issue....but I don't know how to go about debugging it. I'm not getting this problem with other sites. And it's not just my home network....as yesterday I couldn't see my site from the network at work.

Lee
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 25, 2008
    leebase wrote:
    Tested again on the computer that's not behind a VPN. It too passed all the javascript test. It too can see the photos via "All Thumbs" and "Critique". It too cannot see your MoonRiver slideshow.

It too used to work just fine and I've not made any changes to it.

It may be a network issue....but I don't know how to go about debugging it. I'm not getting this problem with other sites. And it's not just my home network....as yesterday I couldn't see my site from the network at work.

Lee

Hi Lee,

Are you running any type of firewall or security software? Like Zone Alarm, CA Security, Norton?
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2008
    Barb wrote:
    Hi Lee,

Are you running any type of firewall or security software? Like Zone Alarm, CA Security, Norton?

Yes. But I have for years -- and did not have this problem before.

Lee
This discussion has been closed.