Options

The packages feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    emeraldroseemeraldrose Registered Users Posts: 324 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    Baldy wrote:
    If I'm understanding you, I think that's what you're seeing in the UI above.

Yeah I saw that after I posted lol, so I'm in love already and can't wait.
  • Options
    bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    I am really excited for this as well as coupons. I really need to have this before September.
  • Options
    savannahgasavannahga Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2009
    Will volume discounts be possible?

Buy 3 prints & get 10% off for example.
  • Options
    xrisxris Registered Users Posts: 546 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2009
    savannahga wrote:
    Will volume discounts be possible? Buy 3 prints & get 10% off for example.
    Or even something like 15% off orders over $75.00...?

or:

Buy four 4X6 prints get the fifth free?
    thumb.gif
    X www.thepicturetaker.ca
  • Options
    MT StringerMT Stringer Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    The package and discount coupon feature has hit home. I've got team and individual packages to produce next week, so could you guys hurry up just a little bit? :D

Just kidding. I'll have to do it the old fashioned way.
    Mike
    Please visit my website: www.mtstringer.smugmug.com
    My Portfolio
    MaxPreps Profile

Canon EOS 1D MK III and 7d; Canon 100 f/2.0; Canon 17-40 f/4; Canon 24-70 f/2.8; Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS; Canon 300 f/2.8L IS; Canon 1.4x and Sigma 2x; Sigma EF 500 DG Super and Canon 580 EX II.
  • Options
    rfcrumrfcrum Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 19, 2009
    The package and discount coupon feature has hit home. I've got team and individual packages to produce next week, so could you guys hurry up just a little bit? :D

Just kidding. I'll have to do it the old fashioned way.
    Mike

Do we have any idea when coupons and packages are coming? Just a ballpark would be great!

Thanks!
  • Options
    catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    Gosh can we read the previous replies?

no! apparently not.

ANSWER:

there is no ETA.
    //Leah
  • Options
    mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    catspaw wrote:
    Gosh can we read the previous replies?

no! apparently not.

ANSWER:

there is no ETA.

Not quite.

I'm sure there is an ETA, just nothing SM is willing to share with their customers.
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2009
    I'm getting pretty impatient here. I need to be able to offer coupons and packages this fall. As a business, I simply can't afford not to. It's so important that it's now part of my price list for event bookings. As bookings are coming in for the fall, I am promising the client print credit and listing packages on my site. Whether those packages come from SmugMug or ExposureManager is up to SmugMug. I'd love to offer them through SM. While EM is only $12.95/month, that's $12.95/month I shouldn't have to spend plus the time I spend to set it up. Nevertheless, I think I'll make that cost up on the extra sales the packages/coupons net me.

So let's go SmugMug. Enough with excuses. You just got all our hopes up with the fancy SmugMug Pro teaser page. We all want coupons and packages, and I think I speak for many of the SM Pro subscribers that if the next time I'm asked for my $150 for the year SM hasn't released its new Pro service, I won't be paying.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    I'm getting pretty impatient here.
    So let's go SmugMug. Enough with excuses.

:whip consider our developers whipped!

Thanks for telling us in no uncertain terms exactly how important this is to you.

The guys are still at it. I'm sorry it's taking longer than we all hoped.
  • Options
    arpboyarpboy Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    :whip consider our developers whipped!

Thanks for telling us in no uncertain terms exactly how important this is to you.

The guys are still at it. I'm sorry it's taking longer than we all hoped.

Andy, is this the same developer as the coupons? Are the two linked (it would make sense if they were, especially developing API's, etc)?
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2009
    arpboy wrote:
    Andy, is this the same developer as the coupons? Are the two linked (it would make sense if they were, especially developing API's, etc)?
    Nope. Separate Sorcerers.
  • Options
    emeraldroseemeraldrose Registered Users Posts: 324 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2009
    Any updates? I just shot a Navy ball and I'm pretty sure that because they couldn't order packages I've lost a lot of sales. Right now all I can say is if you order through me, but people want to just order online and not deal with ordering through the photographer for big events like this.
  • Options
    edited September 20, 2009
    I would consider packages equally important as coupons. I need to sell print credits, but it's equally important to have packages to sell on the credit.
  • Options
    robeorobeo Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited September 23, 2009
    Well, apparently inquiring minds want to know if there are any updates. We all want and desperately need packages and coupons now.

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    DThomasDThomas Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 25, 2009
    I too am eagerly awaiting the implementation of packages on SmugMug. Right now I'd be happy with a basic "create a package from one photo" deal and work on making it better later. I know it's tempting to implement something grand, but if it means making little steps and tweaking over time, at least we'd have something to work with in the meantime.
  • Options
    Alan DyeAlan Dye Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2009
    Packages are a Great Sales Tool! Please Please let's get something SOON!!! My Customers are Craving For them!!
  • Options
    NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2009
    arpboy wrote:
    I often wondered this myself. It seems like packages and coupons might have a lot in common.

Either way - there are a lot of us that are just waiting patiently for both! thumb.gif
  • Options
    Nimai wrote:
    I often wondered this myself. It seems like packages and coupons might have a lot in common.

Either way - there are a lot of us that are just waiting patiently for both! thumb.gif
    two totally different SmugMug Sorcerers.
  • Options
    MontecMontec Registered Users Posts: 823 Major grins
    Nimai wrote:

My patience ran out. I had to drop my pro account here and get on board with a lab that does packages. I will certainly upgrade back to pro if they come up with something decent....and bring about 12K in lab costs for packages per year with me.
    Cheers,
    Monte
  • Options
    iklimoniklimon Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2009
    Base Cost of Prints/Gifts in Packages
    I am as impatient as the next SmugMug Pro guy. Esp. since screens were shown in June and we haven't heard anything substantial since then.

However, I have another question:

For Pros, will there be some pricing adjustments to make selling packages for events actually profitable?

If I stick with SmugMug for my packages, (1 button, 2 5x7s, 4 wallets), the cost to me is $7.20. If I go with a commercial lab like UPI, my cost is $4. So...If I charge $15 for that package, and it costs me $7.20 from SmugMug, that's $7.80 profit. From UPI, that would be an $11 profit. Over the course of an event with 200 buyers, that's $640 is lost profit. Now, I understand the convenience of having it online (of course, as proven daily, online sales for photo prints lag behind onsite sales... but that's another discussion).

I know that I'm paying for SmugMug's superior service/backend/customer service, however, I want to know if the Smug Pro is going to offer a better base cost for photographers, or am I stuck paying the same rate that a non-Pro is?

Finally, any chance of giving us a way to have a non-connected ordering system that would sync back up with SmugMug home office after a day at an event?

Thanks

ian
    Ian Klimon
    www.klimon.com
  • Options
    edited September 30, 2009
    iklimon wrote:
    Thanks

ian
    Ian, thanks for the suggestions, and feature requests - you can also put them here, so others can lend their voice: http://smugmug.uservoice.com

Thanks!
  • Options
    carshopcarshop Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 6, 2009
    So whats the news for coupons and discounts for pros?
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2009
    carshop wrote:
    So whats the news for coupons and discounts for pros?

Holding your breath leads to asphyxia.
  • Options
    DanoDano Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2009
  • Options
    wmmwmm Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited October 6, 2009
    I have looked at these "Feedback" threads dealing with Packages and Coupons and such. Is there a thread that gives only a a current status of these areas of development without having to wade through all the suggestions and commentary? Just a thread to go to that tells any user what the current development status is for Packages or Coupons or any other added feature?

Thanks, and sorry if I have overlooked something obvious...

-Mickey
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2009
    wmm wrote:
    I have looked at these "Feedback" threads dealing with Packages and Coupons and such. Is there a thread that gives only a a current status of these areas of development without having to wade through all the suggestions and commentary? Just a thread to go to that tells any user what the current development status is for Packages or Coupons or any other added feature?

Thanks, and sorry if I have overlooked something obvious...

-Mickey

The status (as Andy has said numerous times) is:

"its a priority"
    "its in active development"
    "soon"

No release dates (apparently that's against SM policy) and only a handful screen shots that hint at functionality, nothing like an actual list of features.

Maybe that summary, along with the 15+ month development time will give you some insight in to why there are so many frustrated Pros out here.
  • Options
    DulaMugDulaMug Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited October 6, 2009
    mbellot wrote:
    The status (as Andy has said numerous times) is:

"its a priority"
    "its in active development"
    "soon"

No release dates (apparently that's against SM policy) and only a handful screen shots that hint at functionality, nothing like an actual list of features.

Maybe that summary, along with the 15+ month development time will give you some insight in to why there are so many frustrated Pros out here.
    The longer I wait the more hopeful I become that the final product will have features, function and feel far above anything that EM or any other site currently has. I am sure it will be SmugMug Good.
  • Options
    David ManningDavid Manning Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited October 6, 2009
    I have no doubt it will work right out of the gate's, and it'll be slick. I just couldn't wait.
  • Options
    SledhedSledhed Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2009
This discussion has been closed.