Options

Picture of your local firetruck request...

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2005
    Here ya go
    US National Forest Service during our fire breakout..

37987986-L.jpg
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,747 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2005
    Our local fire department ( www.brandweertemse.be ) has every year a parade where they invite the surrounding fire brigades to show their old and new equipment. This year they passed my house. As it began to rain I had to run inside and take some pictures from the bedroom window.

35769228-M.jpg

35769235-M.jpg

35769246-M.jpg

35769253-M.jpg

There was also some newer equipment:

35769312-M.jpg

35769405-M.jpg

More pictures of the parade are here: http://gspep.smugmug.com/gallery/803834
  • Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2005
    GSPeP wrote:

35769253-M.jpg
    Seriously, that doesn't look like a real fire truck. It looks like a miniature Matchbox or Corgi toy fire truck!:D

Just kidding! I've never seen a fire truck like the ones you posted. Nice pics too.

And the picture really does somewhat resemble the photos that the model railroaders take of their train layouts - trying to make the miniature scene look real.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    edited October 1, 2005
    Seriously, that doesn't look like a real fire truck. It looks like a miniature Matchbox or Corgi toy fire truck!:D
    I was thinking exactly the same thing ...Dinky Toy ... :D:D:D
  • Options
    thdizzythdizzy Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2005
    38110329-L.jpg

Topanga Fire 2005
    Todd Disraeli - Star, Idaho

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2005
    Green trucks
    Nikolai wrote:
    US National Forest Service during our fire breakout..

37987986-S.jpg

I've been reading, seeing the news, and of course forum member's photos of the fire, but I've been so concerned about the fires, I lost sight of the trucks! :D

We were here (in California) during the Oakland Hills fires and I remember seeing charred pieces of books in our front yard and ashes all over even though we are quite a distance away. It's pretty amazing how far the ash can travel. On the news they had a satellite image showing the smoke blowing from the land and over the ocean. So seeing that, I realized we weren't that far away after all.

Thanks for the photos. I'll let my daughter know there are some new ones for CJ.
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2005
    What a fantastic viewpoint
    GSPeP wrote:
    Our local fire department ( www.brandweertemse.be ) has every year a parade where they invite the surrounding fire brigades to show their old and new equipment. This year they passed my house. As it began to rain I had to run inside and take some pictures from the bedroom window. More pictures of the parade are here: http://gspep.smugmug.com/gallery/803834

My hubby was passing by on the way to his computer and commented about the "toy" fire trucks! I informed him they were real!

What an interesting variety, I'm sure CJ will love seeing these. Thank you so much for taking the photos and posting them in this thread.
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2005
    What eerie color
    thdizzy wrote:
    38110329-S.jpg

Topanga Fire 2005

Boy, that is one frightening image. You look so close to the fire.

I hate the heat, so I'd never make a fire fighter, would I?

CJ will be happy to see some "yellow" fire trucks! It's a good thing my daughter takes CJ to the "practice burns" so he can see the fire fighters training against flames. I think a lot of times the children are attracted to the bright colors, big truck and the noise and don't realize that these men and women put out fires. That one in your photo looks hopeless to me. I'm glad to hear (over the news last night) that at least one is partially contained.

With all the rain the southern part of California had this year I can imagine the job is made much more difficult with the undergrowth.
  • Options
    thdizzythdizzy Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    It's a good thing my daughter takes CJ to the "practice burns" so he can see the fire fighters training against flames. I think a lot of times the children are attracted to the bright colors, big truck and the noise and don't realize that these men and women put out fires.
    Dee - Have your daughter show CJ some of the images here - http://thdizzy.smugmug.com/gallery/848105
    Todd Disraeli - Star, Idaho

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    What an interesting variety, I'm sure CJ will love seeing these. Thank you so much for taking the photos and posting them in this thread.
    If you want to see all the vehicles of our local fire department, click this link:

http://www.brandweertemse.be/wagenpark_brandweer_temse.htm

The oldtimers are at the bottom of the page.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2005
    More firetrucks
    I thought I posted it last nite, but I guess I had too much 1drink.gif
    Anyway: I came to shoot my youngest's volleyball game at the local teen center, when I realized that it became a campsite for the firemen who handled recent brush fires. I could not help but taking a few pics:

Fire engine:

38972795-L.jpg

This man has been JUST promoted to a captain - and I think it was *not* for lying in a shade of the truck

38972410-L.jpg

Engine's "intestines":

38972729-L.jpg

Few more shots are here:
    http://nik.smugmug.com/gallery/864444

Cheers to the firemen!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2005
    Just finished their work today

39253537-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2005
    Saw a string of Marin fire trucks
    on my way home. Wondered about it, then realized they were probably heading back from the southern fires... Unfortunately I couldn't get shots of any of them -- windows dirty, light too dim...

I'm starting to get familiar with the different fire truck manufacturers... American La France has a nice rounded front...

There's one site CJ likes to go to where it's the manufacturer's website and they post images of the trucks... it's a gold mine to him!
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2005
    An action shot
    Humungus wrote:
    Just finished their work today

39253537-S.jpg

CJ just went to a "pancake breakfast" at his local fire house and this month is Fire Safety Awareness Month (or something like that). A lot of the fire houses are having open houses and pancake breakfasts to raise money. They have special displays for the children who visit, trucks to climb in, big concrete pipes for them to crawl through, etc.

He'll enjoy this photo when he gets to see it... Thanks for posting!
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2005
    Saw a few at a local event so I grabbed a few shots...

43126983-L.jpg

43126981-L.jpg
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2005
    My grand father was a fire man in India before partition of India and Pakistan and used to be a perfect boaster in my dad’s viewyelrotflmao.gif

One thing he told my dad when retired actually all villagers used to sit at night with him in street and listen heroic things he did.

“ when ever we heard of fire we used to run truck in very high speed regardless of someone is killed by truck on the way of destination he said it was allowed by law”

My question is it really allowed by law ?headscratch.gif

I will try to get Fire truck Pakistan has one of the worse fire brigade mwink.gifwho clean mess after fire is distinguished naturally
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    babybluetx23babybluetx23 Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2005
    Ok I did NOT take these pics, but here is a website FULL of Fire dept STUFF! http://www.fortworthfire.com
    I will get some pics for ya in the next few days - I live 1/4 mile away from a fire dept.
    Cynthia Cox
    Arlington, Tx
    http://www.innovativeillusionsphoto.com/

OMP member #: 173034

Canon EOS 5D : Bogen 3051 tripod : Bogen Monopod : Bogen 3030 head unit : Canon Speedlight 580EX : Canon EF 28-200 F3.5 : Canon 70-200 f2.8L : Canon 24-70mm F2.8L and other Canon Gear

The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE." - Ernst Haas
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2005
    42432782-M.jpgI have a couple of my nephew, Preston, with the firetruck...

42433290-M.jpg

42432397-M.jpg
    42432611-M.jpg
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2005
    thdizzy wrote:
    38110329-L.jpg

Topanga Fire 2005
    This is an AMAZING SHOT!!!!
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2005
    That would be very nice to see
    My grand father was a fire man in India before partition of India and Pakistan and used to be a perfect boaster in my dad’s viewyelrotflmao.gif

One thing he told my dad when retired actually all villagers used to sit at night with him in street and listen heroic things he did.

“ when ever we heard of fire we used to run truck in very high speed regardless of someone is killed by truck on the way of destination he said it was allowed by law”

My question is it really allowed by law ?headscratch.gif

I will try to get Fire truck Pakistan has one of the worse fire brigade mwink.gifwho clean mess after fire is distinguished naturally

It's very interesting to see fire trucks from all over the world. It then becomes a question of where the fire truck is from and we can give CJ a geography lesson, and look for the country's flag, etc.
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2005
    Cool shots!
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Saw a few at a local event so I grabbed a few shots...

43126983-S.jpg

43126981-S.jpg

These are very nice. I like the close up of the gauges! Next time CJ comes over I have to have him see this thread with the new additions.
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2005
    Oh Wow!
    Ok I did NOT take these pics, but here is a website FULL of Fire dept STUFF! http://www.fortworthfire.com
    I will get some pics for ya in the next few days - I live 1/4 mile away from a fire dept.

CJ is going to like that site a lot! Thanks for the link...
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2005
    What is it with little boys?
    JimM wrote:
    42432782-M.jpgI have a couple of my nephew, Preston, with the firetruck...

42433290-Th.jpg

42432397-Th.jpg
    42432611-Th.jpg

They sure like their fire trucks! He looks just like CJ does when he's around fire trucks!

You have a very nice looking nephew indeed!
  • Options
    mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    Here are some of mine:

39619141-L.jpg

34787026-L.jpg

orig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2005
    Too funny!
    mrcoons wrote:
    Here are some of mine:
    34787026-Th.jpg

Now I'm going to get a million questions! Especially about this one. Why is the man riding that little car? Is this a real fire truck? Who made this fire truck? How does it run, is there an engine?

Thank you for posting these!
  • Options
    babybluetx23babybluetx23 Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    hehehe Your welcome! I found it by accident. I was looking for some places in the area to go shoot photos and ran across that website. I must have spent TWO DAYS going through their pics! WOW! they have some AWESOME shots on there! Glad I was able to help. It gave me a lot of good ideas for some pics!

Dee wrote:
    CJ is going to like that site a lot! Thanks for the link...
    Cynthia Cox
    Arlington, Tx
    http://www.innovativeillusionsphoto.com/

OMP member #: 173034

Canon EOS 5D : Bogen 3051 tripod : Bogen Monopod : Bogen 3030 head unit : Canon Speedlight 580EX : Canon EF 28-200 F3.5 : Canon 70-200 f2.8L : Canon 24-70mm F2.8L and other Canon Gear

The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE." - Ernst Haas
  • Options
    mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    mrcoons wrote:
    Here are some of mine:
    34787026-Th.jpg

Now I'm going to get a million questions! Especially about this one. Why is the man riding that little car? Is this a real fire truck? Who made this fire truck? How does it run, is there an engine?

Thank you for posting these!
    Yes it had an engine in it but obviously not too big a one!!:D This was listed as being owned by the local firefighters union.
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2005
    Thank you for the info
    mrcoons wrote:
    Yes it had an engine in it but obviously not too big a one!!:D This was listed as being owned by the local firefighters union.

At least I can tell my grandson it has an engine in it, and the man isn't pedaling the little fire truck :):
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2005
    Another One
    This one is covered in lights!!!
    46351905-L.jpg

46352252-L.jpg

• Options
    edited November 28, 2005
    OK, that's a first!
    JimM wrote:
    This one is covered in lights!!!
    46351905-Th.jpg

46352252-Th.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen a decorated fire truck before! rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Wait till CJ sees this! Thank you VERY much!