Options

Picture of your local firetruck request...

Comments

• Options
    Mike AMike A Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited January 11, 2006
    Block Party Firetruck Pictures
    Enjoy...
    51950499-M.jpg

51950513-M.jpg

51950515-M.jpg

51950511-M.jpg

51950508-M.jpg

This is me reflected in the bell on the front of the truck.
    51950504-M.jpg

51950500-M.jpg

51950498-M.jpg

51950497-M.jpg
    Mike A.
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    That's quite a collection of fire trucks!
    I love your reflection!

It's amazing to me how many different fire truck manufacturers there are too!

Thanks for posting these!
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited March 12, 2006
    Here's a quick shot of a Santa Cruz County firefighter. He works for the
    California Division of Forestry and they were working some downed power
    lines today.

59606680-M.jpg
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2006
    ian408 wrote:
    lines today.

59606680-S.jpg
    C'mon Ian, did he walk there? The thread clearly states "firetruck." rolleyes1.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2006
    Darn it!!!!!
    ian408 wrote:
    lines today.

59606680-Th.jpg

I missed the snow!!!!! Rats, darn, and all that stuff. Where did you take this?

I was debating whether or not to head up Skyline Drive... but didn't want to waste a trip as it was so darn cold today.

Went to the beach and nearly froze my fingers off in the wind chill. Where are my gloves from 20 years ago????:):

Thanks for posting, Ian... CJ will love this one.
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2006
    CJ won't mind
    wxwax wrote:
    C'mon Ian, did he walk there? The thread clearly states "firetruck." rolleyes1.gif

rolleyes1.gif CJ won't mind, he likes firemen too!
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2006
    wxwax wrote:

Apparently so. There was no apparatus anywhere near. Prolly working on the
    power line situation. There was just some ranger truck blocking the highway.

This was taken near Castle Rock State Park. Right on Hwy 35.

There were tons of people out for the snow! But brrr. I didn't get out of my
    car except to grab the camera :D
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2006
    My local truck....

59378264-L.jpg

and one from the st patricks day parade

59375775-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2006
    Rats
    Wish I had known, I would have driven down to get some snow pictures. I can't remember if I used my Sony S70 or the Sony F707, that's how long ago it was.

Of course I don't know where my socks are either... but that didn't stop me last time. How neat it was to drive on clear roads, stop at the local parks along Skyline Drive and hop out in light snow, take some neat photos, and get back in the warm car again. No shoveling snow when I get home... what a life. Except, it's just too cold... I've lost my back east edge when it comes to weather and am now a certified California weather wimp!:):
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2006
    Neat Gus!
    CJ will like these. I'll have to explain that the second one is in a Parade and that's why the "firemen" are out of uniform :):
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    Hey CJ and Dee,

finally I've seen the firefighters of Leipzig, Germany standing around. All the other times they just passed me in a rush without giving me an opportunity to take a shot for you:

60272977-L.jpg

60273222-L.jpg

60273083-L.jpg

60272723-L.jpg

Hope you like them,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2006
    Thank you, love the snowflakes too!
    I've not seen those wheel things on the back of a firetruck before. They look pretty modern! I'm so happy they finally stood still so you could take the photos for CJ.

Thanks again!!!
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    Humungus wrote:

and one from the st patricks day parade

59375775-S.jpg

I like those Bedford trucks, they have a great look.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    I've not seen those wheel things on the back of a firetruck before. They look pretty modern! I'm so happy they finally stood still so you could take the photos for CJ.
    Too bad I haven't had the time for a close look, but I wondered about those wheels too. Looking at the original now I think you can detach them making them into two little carts. The right holds a hose which you can probably directly unroll to the point of interest and fire away the water. The left cart holding a metal box seems to somehow be connected to a hose too, but I don't know what's in it.
    For sure they really are very modern. I guess that's also why they aren't really red anymore, but having more of a neon organge color.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    nokout3839nokout3839 Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Heres a small convoy from when my uncles shed burnt down.

57845866-M.jpg

And the guys mopping up,
    57845874-M.jpg
    Cheers, Nigel

All care but no responsibility

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    I like those Bedford trucks, they have a great look.
    Of course mate....they are GM's thumb.gif
  • Options
    StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    Rear View Mirror
    119782583_56c344b8ef_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2006
    That's a lot of trucks
    nokout3839 wrote:
    Heres a small convoy from when my uncles shed burnt down.

57845866-Th.jpg

And the guys mopping up,
    57845874-Th.jpg
    Cheers, Nigel

all lined up. Sorry to hear about your uncle's shed though! The photos are neat showing the fire department in action!
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2006
    T1 huh...
    StevenV wrote:
    119782583_56c344b8ef_o.jpg

This has to be the most unusual shot of a fire truck. Thanks for posting it!
  • Options
    StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    This has to be the most unusual shot of a fire truck. Thanks for posting it!

I had just passed the station last night - and every time I do I think of this thread - as a truck was pulling out. No lights, no siren. The traffic light ahead of me turned red and I started pulling the 10D out of the bag, hoping he'd get stopped behind me before it turned green again. It just barely did, I got two frames off before I had to start driving again. mwink.gif
  • Options
    fire1035fire1035 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    Hi all, if I am reviving a dead thread I apologize. This is my first post on here as I just stumbled across this site while "googling" for fire truck grave yards.

I am a firefighter here in Indianapolis, and I know of a few other sites where guys would liek to see the pictures in this thread. I love reading the thoughts from "civilians" about the rigs we ride on. What seems so simple and ordinary to us is complicated and breathtaking for outsiders to our profession. If anybody has any questions at all about the trucks in this thread (at least the ones from America anyway) please feel free to drop me an email and I will try my best to help out. I just got home from the Fire Department Instructors Conference and trade show last week and got my pictures loaded onto my computer. All of the major manufacturers were in town with the rigs they have just completed. Some neat stuff this year. When I find time I will try and post some of them! Until then enjoy!

Billy MacLeod
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2006
    Ah... after reading through this thread I feel like I almost know this CJ. My heart beats a little faster every time I see a fire truck to. Some kids just never grow up! I guess that's why I became a fireman.

Anyway..... A couple of websites that CJ might really enjoy. My friend Chris runs this site it is dedicated to Indiana Trucks www.indianafiretrucks.com

Another friend, Mike Martinelli, runs this one www.fdnytrucks.com

And last but not least www.firepics.net You will have to register for this one, it is free and well worth it.

You guys have no idea how big being a "fire buff" is. There are guys who just go out and take pictures of fire trucks, and firefighters in action. We love to see them there. They get all of the best pictures that we can't get while we are working. Thanks again and I look forward to hanging out and maybe learning a few things along the way. mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2006
    Welcome to dgrin!
    fire1035 wrote:
    Ah... after reading through this thread I feel like I almost know this CJ. My heart beats a little faster every time I see a fire truck to. Some kids just never grow up! I guess that's why I became a fireman.

Anyway..... A couple of websites that CJ might really enjoy. My friend Chris runs this site it is dedicated to Indiana Trucks www.indianafiretrucks.com

Another friend, Mike Martinelli, runs this one www.fdnytrucks.com

And last but not least www.firepics.net You will have to register for this one, it is free and well worth it.

You guys have no idea how big being a "fire buff" is. There are guys who just go out and take pictures of fire trucks, and firefighters in action. We love to see them there. They get all of the best pictures that we can't get while we are working. Thanks again and I look forward to hanging out and maybe learning a few things along the way. mwink.gif

And this is far from being a "dead" thread as some wonderful people on this forum continue to add photos to it for CJ -- and he asks too, if there are any new fire truck photos on "his" thread. Next time he's over I'll visit the links you suggested with him. He will be very happy!

Thanks for posting and for the links.
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2006
    I hadn't quite made it to the end of the thread yet when I signed up. I just saw a 2005 date on one of the posts on the page I was on so I wasn't sure if I was reviving something that was still alive. Glad to hear it is still alive and kicking. I bought a Canon 20D back in November of last year after our son was born. It has been fun learning to use it. I have no actual "training" in photography though. I just luck into good pictures a lot of the time. Some people apparently think I have what they call "talent" eek7.gif So my wife and I have been cruising through the board looking at pictures for the last hour or so. Lots of neat stuff on here!

p.s. does CJ collect shoulder patches or anything? I can send one out to you from my department if he does. Just drop me an email and let me know macleod348@comcast.net
  • Options
    PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2006
    Billy

I have twin boys who have real turnout gear, their grandmother keeps up with buying new ones when they out grow them.Their dream is to be a Fireman.

Along the way we have collected for them a
    Gas mask and helmet.

We go to any Firefighter museum we can find.
    I will post photos soon
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2006
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2006
    Pamela
    Pamela wrote:

I couldn't view the images on "photography on the net/forum" as I'm not a user, and don't have "permission" to view them.
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2006
    Pamela...
    Pamela wrote:
    I have a few fire truck photos in my gallery as well.

Those are some very cool shots in your fire engine gallery! (On Smugmug)! Thanks for the link to them! I love the fire hose picture especially.
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    Those are some very cool shots in your fire engine gallery! (On Smugmug)! Thanks for the link to them! I love the fire hose picture especially.

Thankyou Dee
    Hopefully I will have some time soon to add more photos.

"HAPPY MOTHERS DAY", to all the mothers in this forum:):
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2006
    Pacific Grove E1 and T1. They were on a medical/rescue call at Lover's
    Point yesterday.

70698334-M.jpg
    70698944-M-1.jpg
    70698764-M.jpg