Options

*ENTRY* Thread DSS #29: They're Playing Our Song (Exclusive Monthlong Challenge)

Comments

• Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    To keep you occupied and stress out even more: songs from my favorite artist would be awfully compelling picks. naughty.gif
    Yes, but how do you photograph Hanson's "Mmmm-Bop"? :hide
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2009
    MarkR wrote:

...which I will now have stuck in my head for hours. Awesome.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2009
    Good grief, I just looked at the first page again and see who the judges are. Talk about "intimidating"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eek7.gifrofl
  • Options
    whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Good grief, I just looked at the first page again and see who the judges are. Talk about "intimidating"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eek7.gifrofl

No kidding!! eek7.gif

As an aside, I feel the need to vent just a little bit.....I had to bite the bullet and upgrade from CS2 to CS4 :cry .....I am gaining an appreciation for the charges that photographers must charge their clients. So when my wife sees the credit card bill....and if she makes a stink about it.....maybe I could suggest that I charge her for pictures of our son (he's now 3 and we've never taken him anywhere to have his pictures taken...I've just done it). Somehow I don't think that argument will go over well at our house.:toni
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2009
    MarkR wrote:

Here there are some beautiful frames - I think.... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk8Yo4pzhWs

And I also believe that everything can be illustrated in photography
    - just think that the artist (band) hires you to do the photos for his album cover -
    would you say that it's not possible? mwink.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    To keep you occupied and stress out even more: songs from my favorite artist would be awfully compelling picks. naughty.gif

Hints? headscratch.gif:D lol

At least guessing would give me something to do.... I am stuck on the music theme right now,, giving my mind a break for a few days..:D
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:

Oh Kerry... that is evil! :cry
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:

Imogen or Frou Frou?
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    Velvet-ArtVelvet-Art Registered Users Posts: 292 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:

Just how can you photograph "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm" by the crash test dummies headscratch.gifscratch lol

Tim
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2009
    Velvet-Art wrote:
    Just how can you photograph "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm" by the crash test dummies headscratch.gifscratch lol

Tim

haha.. well guys,,, since she isn't giving hints,,,, and we are all going to do our best groping around in the dark, I am guessing, John Denver.. hot or cold Kerry??:D
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2009
    ghinson wrote:
    Imogen or Frou Frou?

I confess to a love of all things Imogen, but my fave artist predates her, even in her Frou Frou days. iloveyou.gif

Hint?: The first CD I ever bought, in high school, was their ninth album. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2009
    ...I am guessing, John Denver.. hot or cold Kerry??:D

Downright chilly! :giggle
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:

Ah, but does that mean that it was a current release then or is that just when you bought the CD?
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    Velvet-Art wrote:

Tim

That's easy! This is the first thing that popped into my mind. rolleyes1.gif

http://girlmogulmom.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/mms.jpg
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    Hi all! I am now back from my trip to the Pacific NW and ready to help y'all (:D) in any way I can once Kerry is off on her adventures. This is an awesome theme and I know you great players are going to rock it! I can't wait to see what you come up with. wings.gif

Oh, and don't forget to utilize the other forums here on Dgrin. You've got plenty of time, so search the tutorials and Grad School, post to Technique, Other Cool Shots or if its one of your best, The Whipping Post. There are so many great resources to help you push your image further and plenty of people willing to offer their opinions. I'm not saying "I Wanna Hold Your Hand", but think beyond the typical "Freeze Frame" and push that shot into the "Wild Blue Yonder". :ivar
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    edited July 2, 2009
    EMILY - you look STUNNING in that new avatar!!!! Not that you haven't looked great in the others, but love the longer hair and it's just so relaxed and pretty (vacation agrees with you, clearly!!)
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    ok, thats a easy one.... but now how would i do a Metallica song? ne_nau.gif

whiskey in the jar. i'd start with a jar... then find some whiskey.

HAHA ok, i'm done being a smartass now :D

we had something similar in a community photo C&C class here in town, but we could chose a song or a show or a movie... so i chose "this american life" (the npr program) because a song was too hard.

463941971_FEdzx-S.jpg

guess that's come around to get me. *sigh*
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2009
    ...y'all (:D)...

lol3.gif Thank you. The apostrophe thanks you, too.
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    lol3.gif Thank you. The apostrophe thanks you, too.

lol3.gif I'll have you and Mr Apostrophe know that I correctly used the plural in Heatherfeather's Mt McKinley thread (y'all's):curtsey.... and I'm not even from Texas or the "real" south!!! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Downright chilly! :giggle

well, I needed it to give me a hard strike on the spectrum. So now we know where the arctic is.. :D hmmm.. I am still lost.. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2009
    Hi all! I am now back from my trip to the Pacific NW and ready to help y'all (:D) in any way I can once Kerry is off on her adventures. This is an awesome theme and I know you great players are going to rock it! I can't wait to see what you come up with. wings.gif

Oh, and don't forget to utilize the other forums here on Dgrin. You've got plenty of time, so search the tutorials and Grad School, post to Technique, Other Cool Shots or if its one of your best, The Whipping Post. There are so many great resources to help you push your image further and plenty of people willing to offer their opinions. I'm not saying "I Wanna Hold Your Hand", but think beyond the typical "Freeze Frame" and push that shot into the "Wild Blue Yonder". :ivar

Hi Emily...wave.gif

I agree with Diva, nice photo and you looked so relaxed...

The thought had crossed my mind a few weeks ago to utilize the whipping post for challenge entries in order to get some rough and tough CC, I was not sure if that was legal.. Now I do.....clap.gif ..... Excited to hear that.. Thank you..thumb.gif

Kat
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009

Let's see some of those PNW photos you took Emily.
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    I confess to a love of all things Imogen, but my fave artist predates her, even in her Frou Frou days. iloveyou.gif

Kerry, I scoured your blog for hints.. :Dmwink.gif

Who is singing in that awesome video? Maybe there is a hint there? or is that Imogen? I am not familiar with her work at all..

Interesting read for sure... what happened with the Imogen project? did you nail an idea down for that yet? Looks like we are not the only ones who have been wracking our brains for a creative idea :ps:D

I love the post on the black and white antique process, gorgeous. I also learned you are a stickler for post process detail... good to know since you will be judging the next round.. he he he...thumb.gif

I am still at a lost for who the artist is..headscratch.gif

Kat
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    Kerry should tell us what her favs are so we can avoid them.... Trying to do this challenge is hard enough, I cant imagine trying to do one of her favs as how she imagined it to have been done...which there is no way for us to know.
    That would be like shooting ourselves in the foot....

so Kerry & Emily?ear.gif what should we avoid?
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2009
    Kerry, I scoured your blog for hints.. :Dmwink.gif
    :giggle The video song is by Imogen Heap (I do love her, but I'm not crazy fangirl over her the way I am over the artist who trumps all others).

It's tough giving hints that won't just give it away... They formed two years before I was born, I've attended three of their concerts, and that plural noun usage should tell you the artist is more than one person. mwink.gif

And I'm a stickler for detail in about everything I do, which can be very detrimental, but it's very useful in an editing career. deal.gif

For more distraction and creative inspiration, go check out this awesome photo thread. :smo
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2009
    Boston?
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2009
    Led Zeppelin?
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2009
    Led Zeppelin?

I'm so not that cool. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2009
    Kerry should tell us what her favs are so we can avoid them.... Trying to do this challenge is hard enough, I cant imagine trying to do one of her favs as how she imagined it to have been done...which there is no way for us to know.
    That would be like shooting ourselves in the foot....

so Kerry & Emily?ear.gif what should we avoid?

=================================

Sooo True,, We would not want to risk defiling their favs with our feeble artistic attempts..... HA HA.. :lol4:lol:lol:lolYou make a good point Aaron..

However, I am in this for the game. I already have my idea nailed down.. I think. lol..:D

I Just Love a Good Hunt..thumb.gif

Kat
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2009
    For more distraction and creative inspiration, go check out this awesome photo thread. :smo[/quote]

Awesome.. thanks,, Will check that out...thumb.gif

Kat