Options

>>> challenge 19 - comments and critiques thread <<

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2004
    7305458-L.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2004
    Roadside Produce Stand
    Just had to do some fruit, hehe.
    Oly c5050 7.1mm eq to 35mm. - Just wish I had wider. To me *wide* is less than 35. Oh well, saving up for a new camera.

7305467-L.jpg
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    spocklingspockling Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2004
    Sunrise Today
    Here's our sunrise today in Calgary. Shot at 5.4 mm = 35 mm.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2004
    That is beautiful Spockling!

Just want to tell everyone that I just got my power back. Woke up this AM, no power. Guess we had a 45 minute storm that I slept through, but it shut the whole city down, and took away our power.

It just came on. I have done nothing but sleep.

I would just like to thank the person re the volleyball shot, I have one more I like of it, I have plenty with the ball, that was so difficult.

The problem is that I am trying to shoot people, spontaneously, and they are all flawed. It just occurred to me that as a person, I am flawed, too. rolleyes1.gif

But I don't know how else to do it, and I can't keep doing these things over again, the events don't happen over again. Also, I am going way beyond where I usually go. Good gosh, I don't play volleyball. Nor do I go to that part of the beach. That is where the VFW has it front beach bar, no dogs, lots of alcohol, but it is a place to get a coke and sit. Maybe I will be around that volleyball place more, but Bill doesn't get "joined" until next week, about the same day he has surgery.

I guess I am just so frustrated. I was out there trying to remember what Andy said about cutting the man's head off, didn't bother me a bit (hehe, I am so frustrated from no power that I would love to see heads roll. And I know others have it worse. It was not the lack of power, it was everything it entailed. No computer, no coffee, nothing open.............anywhere.

But I am having so much trouble trying to take this perfect people picture. Since I have balls, and the people, perhaps someone could tell me how to put them together, and that would ruin the shot............... I looked at that shot a lot before I went to bed, and the angle and the tension. A ball would not be a good thing.

ginger
    Sorry, just grouchy

I am thinking I guess, how am I going to do this, and what do I have to do?
    I have like 5 baptisms to photograph tomorrow. And work up. Then Bill has surgery on Thursday. So I have a few days to accomplish a miracle.

And I love Rutt's window shot and Spockling's shot and Lynnsite's shot. Really like the shots I have seen, so .............what am I fighting for?
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2004
    SMUGMUG IS DOWN

I want to put my other volleyball shot up, and Smugmug is down!

ginger :cry

(How long has it been down?)
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2004
    Beach Volleyball: Waiting for The Storm 18mm by ginger
    This is my favorite, I held it back last night. What do you all think?

7308028-L.jpg

That jump to get the ball, I can't do that. Wondered if he had had gymnastics. I like the colors better too.
    This is very difficult as I couldn't get any closer than the lines around the thing, and I just kept shooting.
    From here, where the guy was serving, and from the net. I liked this best because of the jump. Last night I just wanted to show how difficult this is.

ginger

I am so confused on my pictures, I like so many. And I like so many that others have done. Am sure good ones will come in after the weekend, too.

The reason I held this volleyball photo back was I wanted it to stand out from the group I was entering all together last night. Andy has said an individual photo does not get as much notice when immersed with a bunch.
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2004
    snapapple wrote:
    Just had to do some fruit, hehe.
    Oly c5050 7.1mm eq to 35mm. - Just wish I had wider. To me *wide* is less than 35. Oh well, saving up for a new camera.

7305467-S.jpg
    I really like that, Snappy. I like the foreground composure, the woman at 10:00, the bananas hanging, AND the scale at 1:00. The colors...etc.

I think it is as good a shot as I have seen, we are all doing good, if not different.

ginger
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2004
    7305458-S.jpg
    wxwax wrote:

Sid, I like this, but I don't think the distortion is used to the best advantage here. What do you think on that? I hate it when someone says "you can do better". If I thought I could have, I would have, smile.

However, that is my thought here, Sid you will do better. And you aren't alone, everything I do, action, once in a lifetime happenings, and I can do better? This seems to be a very difficult assignment if you shoot people.

ginger
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2004
    After the Fire
    It is nine months after the big fire of October 2003. The lush green vegetation surrounding the lake is gone. It will be ten years before the site looks anything like before the fire.
    Oly. c5050 7.1mm eq. to 35mm

7307378-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2004
    Fire's Aftermath
    Oly. c5050 - 7.1mm = 35mm

7306440-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2004
    snapapple wrote:
    It is nine months after the big fire of October 2003. The lush green vegetation surrounding the lake is gone. It will be ten years before the site looks anything like before the fire.
    Oly. c5050 7.1mm eq. to 35mm

7307378-S.jpg
    Snappy, I really like that one. As a photograph I really like it.
    Then I have a question: is the tree still alive? Will it get green again?
    Our big hurricane in 1989, we lost lots of vegetation, many areas, including this neighborhood are just looking good again. Scary.

Very nice photograph. I love the shapes and the hills, with the colors.

ginger
  • Options
    AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2004
    snapapple wrote:
    Oly. c5050 - 7.1mm = 35mm

7306440-S.jpg

Snappy:
    Here I am again, the middle of the night and unable to sleep, it's here I find myself looking at your work and thinking, "strange how appropriate."
    I find that I prefer the portrait view of this photo over the landscape... Perhaps it is because it seems to isolate the tree, bringing it forward, in the lonely starkness of the surrounding landscape, which lends to the overall "feel" of the photo.
    The warmth of the color, for all it's bleakness in for lack of vegetation, holds a visual appeal. I find myself searching, wishing that I could find one small sprig of "hope" in the image, a small speck of green, a tiny desert flower, some sign of life's return...
    Nicely done, Snappy.
    ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    This is my favorite, I held it back last night. What do you all think?

7308028-S.jpg
    ginger
    ginger:

After all that I said last evening, about wanting to see the ball... I have to admit that I (personally for whatever value it might hold) prefer the first volleyball image
    (the one posted below)far over this newer one.
    7287022-S.jpg
    I love the overall perspective, as it really draws you into the game, and I am drawn, as I said last evening, to the color of the net. The warmth of the skin tones,
    the color of the skyline is bluer, not so blown out in it's appearance, the saturation of the overall image, the body language, all enter into it, I think...
    While I agree that the jump in the upper image is engaging, IMVHO the lower image locks on and hold my interest... There is strong visual appeal. I suspect the upper photo had "flash," and in the original I like that it doesn't have a "flash-look" about it.
    If only there had been enough head room to "patch in" the ball... (and there may well be a way...)
    Forgive me ginger if I am seeming harsh with my critique, that's not the intent, rather that so many of your photos have come such a long way, and they really are beautiful, I am only speaking "aloud" the thoughts that enter my mind as I view them.
    ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2004
    AltPro wrote:
    ginger:

After all that I said last evening, about wanting to see the ball... I have to admit that I (personally for whatever value it might hold) prefer the first volleyball image
    7287022-S.jpg
    I love the overall perspective, as it really draws you into the game, and I am drawn, as I said last evening, to the color of the net. The warmth of the skin tones,
    the color of the skyline is bluer, not so blown out in it's appearance, the saturation of the overall image, the body language, all enter into it, I think...
    While I agree that the jump in the upper image is engaging, IMVHO the lower image locks on and hold my interest... There is strong visual appeal. I suspect the upper photo had "flash," and in the original I like that it doesn't have a "flash-look" about it.
    If only there had been enough head room to "patch in" the ball... (and there may well be a way...)
    Forgive me ginger if I am seeming harsh with my critique, that's not the intent, rather that so many of your photos have come such a long way, and they really are beautiful, I am only speaking "aloud" the thoughts that enter my mind as I view them.
    ginette
    Ginette, I appreciate your saying something...........anything, actually, about the shots I post. I am frustrated, so I also sound harsh. At times.
    Neither had flash, I had trouble with it coming on later, neither of these had flash. The Storm was coming, it was basically a grey sky with blue at times, a bit. However, I don't think the sky was blown, and the green cast, in the jump shot, it was a storm portending color, as I have learned around here.

The lower net shot has more expectation, in the bluer sky, etc. I am rambling. Actually, I don't care which one people like. I concentrated very hard on getting the "little" boy, among men, in that first shot, the "look up" shot that you saw. But with the net like that, a ball would, just imo not "fit". I do have one, with the net like that, exactly, probably moments before or after, with the ball. It is on the ground, and that is where the "men" are focused.

I would not, after thinking, want to patch a ball in. It would not fit, shift the attn, and make no sense..............

On the other one, I could change the color shift. I could not make a grey, Storm sky, blue, well I could, but the whole look is towards a storm, so I would not want to do that. I could understand that people would not understand the look of a beach or the colors of an approaching storm, so I could change the color shift a bit.

I am not wedded to either shot. One has a jumper, one has a little boy among men. Both have appeal to me. Considering, I guess, that I have never shot sports before. Just was trying to get people, color, action. I was after surfers, actually, but they were either too far out, or had quit for the day. Except the boy I showed on those sliding boards. I got my tennis shoes soaking wet trying to get close enough to one of those boys so he would not be a dot............ tried to follow Andy's advice. I think that is a good picture, it is just that it became a scenic, and my scenics are too common for me, and are not getting any comments, except one from Rutt. So, I think to do something different, get people. I thought that volleyball game was funny, I couldn't get close, they were all men, except one girl, and the shots with her in them did not have appeal. It was difficult. I was surprised to get any comment, any notice of that photo. Just put it in for laughs. I did like the second one I put in, the jumper, but still thought maybe the people were too small.

Now I know that you and Snappy really prefer the shot with everyone looking up. But I need to hear from more people.

I am disappointed in the feedback, and participation so far. And, on that feedback, I would say that my "leaders" are the volleyball game, no ball, and the little girl with the man, sepia background. That is with about two opinions on each.

Maybe I put too many photos on, but if I did not do that, important photos could be missed. It is raining now, 80% chance today, so after the 5 baptisms, I am now thinking that if it is still raining to try to get some shots of whatever. I told Bill that the rain is light, so we could try to work my way downtown. There are areas that are worse than others.

If I do that, I will have more photos............. I will want to post them, I do need feedback, so Ginette, I really appreciate what you are saying. I might not like hearing that all is lost without the ball, but I do like hearing that that is a nice photograph. Otherwise, I might not have considered it.

Please keep commenting. And please don't mind when I respond. In the real world I work things out by talking about them, and here, too, I can come to terms with the "ball" situation and the photo by talking.

I don't know if it bothers others. I don't know if others even care about that picture. I do know what I have done "wrong" from Andy, in other pictures. I don't know if I have done anything right. Hopefully, I can go back to that market thing on tuesday, but if this weather keeps up, it was a one shot happening. I have looked, and I can't clone the man out.

Thanks to you and Sid, I do have a "kind of" thumb.gif on two pictures, volleyball and the man and the girl, with the sepia background.

So please, keep the critiques coming. I did not post more than the other volleyball picture last night, as I am waiting for more critiques, or some resolution, a sense that we are through talking about one of my pictures, putting it into a maybe pile. Then I will add a few more. I don't want to confuse the issue right now. And I have done a tremendous amount of shooting.

ginger
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2004

ginger
    I did comment on your "Old Man" and little girl... I really like the sepia cast. Very nice... But I want you to know that I
    really like the Volleyball shot with everyone looking up... I would like to see the other that you spoke of with the ball having landed in the sand.

Here too, along the eastern shore line of southern Virginia, the rain from Charley continues. So much rain, for far too many days. A constant drizzle. If it keeps up, I will have to make another attempt indoors...

ginette
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2004
    Stuck at home
    I don't really think any of these are challenge worthy, but I'm stuck at home with the kids and I'm working with it...

Tribute to Platon:
    7329436-M.jpg
    1/60 F/22 ISO 400 27.2mm

Rain Guage:
    7330382-M.jpg
    1/30s F/22 ISO 200 27.2mm

Wide Angle Roses:
    7330074-M.jpg
    1/15 F/22 ISO 800 27.2mm

Hopefully, something better to follow.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2004
    AltPro wrote:

ginger
    I did comment on your "Old Man" and little girl... I really like the sepia cast. Very nice... But I want you to know that I
    really like the Volleyball shot with everyone looking up... I would like to see the other that you spoke of with the ball having landed in the sand.

Here too, along the eastern shore line of southern Virginia, the rain from Charley continues. So much rain, for far too many days. A constant drizzle. If it keeps up, I will have to make another attempt indoors...

ginette

My feelings echo ginette's, Ginger. It seems as if you are able to shoot more than many of us (and many of the "usual suspects" are mute this time, both with critiques and images...) I'm enjoying your images!

Ginette, what a drag about your insomnia, but you seem to get quite inspired ideas in the night, what a cost though.

Lynne
    sleep is right up there with food, last night featured a neighbor's party about 1/4 rural mile away with a live band/mariachis until 3:40 a.m. No houses between him and me. Grrrr. How he got the band to stay that late...must be relatives. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2004
    Three of a USAF C5 Transport.
    18mm (guess: 28mm in 35mm)

7330998-L.jpg

7330995-L.jpg

7330996-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2004
    AltPro wrote:
    ginger:

7287022-S.jpg
    I love the overall perspective, as it really draws you into the game, and I am

Hi, just got home. I was thinking in church, that the bottom one, here, the one you like Ginette, "screams" wide angle more, if one were trying to go there. The net is what does it. The other is a good shot. But does not say, to me, wide angle.

Ginette, yes, I remember that you said something about the little girl. You have been a big help, really. And Snappy. Now Lynnsite. And my dog group seems split on these two shots, too. I think if I were to put one on the short list, it would be the bottom one, no ball. Just anticipation, after all there is a net.

But I will work up the one where the ball landed. I think, though that the boy child really helps this shot, and he is not visible much in anything else. I got him when he was playing that corner. He would stand there and glare. Then he got in that position, and I was lucky.

Have been downtown trying to shoot window reflections. Also street shots. I just point my camera at people and scream, please don't move.rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

And I don't see much point in the whole thing. Andy and Sid are going to have to give me some pointers.

It is grey here. It rained, then stopped. I got reflections of the church steeple, all, everything, at 18mm. I even took the Baptism shots at 18mm, I couldn't figure out why the candle was a problem, growing out of people, etc. Curved. Then I realized that I always use that lens, but don't have it stuck at 18mm.

Lynnesite. I loved your mother and foal shot, it is not up???? I am surprised.

I think other people must be working somewhere else, on other sites. Noticed that there was an Andy inspired shot on the Challenge now, forgot who did it, but I know he was working on another site.

So, it might be mostly us and him........... can't think of any names right now.

Just wanted to tell you all that god told me the dominant net volleyball shot was more appropriate for wide angle.

ginger
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2004
    Comments on the pictures...
    I just read through this whole thread. Quite a lot here, but not as many people participating as usual, I think. Either everyone is at work, like me, or away on vacation, like I wish I was.:cry

Ginger You have been busy as usual. Doing great work as usual. I love the flower on the beach. The one with no dog. I like the blurred fence, I like the flow of it. Another one that would look great hanging on a wall. The bridge on pg 4 is a cool shot. Great perspective. But, I like the flower better. You really did a great job on the bridge pic called 1926-Last Look. The colors are beautiful. The dark area in the lower right bothers me though. I found it distracted me from the bridge. When I got to page 9, I stopped short at the picture of the old man and the little girl. It was absolutely captivating. The facial expressions are wonderful. The one called Romley's Point is a beautiful shot. Good perspective with the piers. The people really add to the shot. Very nice. The Volleyball shots are both great. I'd have a hard time deciding between those and the old man and little girl. I like the one with no ball. The composition is bolder. Much more tension there, in the faces and in the composition. Doesn't need a ball. Everyone is looking at a spot above the top border of the picture. Makes me look there too, and I *know* the ball is there. Great shot!

Stan - I like the tractor shot a lot. I played with it and just upped the reds a little and made the field more orange and the tractor redder. I like it better with more color. Has more zip or pop. Great perspective.

Erik - I really like your picture of you. How did you do it? Set the timer I guess. It's imaginative, creative, and different. Really grabs me.

Gubbs - Love the improved version of the Pub shot. Great detail in the dark areas. Great backlighting. Great mood. Really gives the feeling. I was in London once about 15 years ago, and it brings me back.

Ginette - I like the second shot of the falls. The lighter one. Got rid of the dark areas. The monotone effect is very soothing. The motion effect of the water is very nice. The roller coaster just didn't do anything for me.

Lynnesite - I Love your horse shots. I think the head shot is beautiful. The soft light is wonderful and the way the horse is looking into the sunset gives it real personality. The second shot is real nice too, but I'd like it better if the forground was a tiny bit lighter. I had not even seen the blue bucket until someone mentioned it. I had to go back and look real hard. If you can lighten that, I'd say it was a difficult choice. I hate those tough choices.

Sid - My favorite is the little girl in the ballpark. The subject matter is so unusual. The girl is darling. and the perspective is great.

Rutt - The window! It's a very cool shot! Original, creative, well seen. The lighthouse is my next choice. Very well done. The footprints in the front give it some real interest. But, the window. Now, that's one you won't see everywhere. I really dig it.

I have to get out and do some shooting now. Midday light again. Geeese, it always happens. Sunday morning, got up late...same old story.
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2004
    dugmar wrote:
    Three of a USAF C5 Transport.
    18mm (guess: 28mm in 35mm)

7330996-L.jpg
    Dugmar...
    If I had to pick just one, this would be it... Great composition, wonderful clarity, and perspective! Great clouds, too... I would perhaps work it a bit adjusting color, levels, and curves.... Just a tweak.
    Great shot.
    ginette
  • Options
    ysr612ysr612 Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Don't forget the no cropping restriction for submissions.naughty.gif I really like the shot too, and the placement of the motorcycle works well.
    I hope monday is a nice day because I know that the bouy will still be there I hope the hawse is so I can reshoot.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2004
    Women Dining by ginger
    7349966-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2004
    Snappy and Ginette, you two deserve a medal for all the critiqueing, advising, commenting and stuff you are doing.

May the two of you, each and both, get the best photos possible, your own selves.

I had church, went downtown, have had computer problems this afternoon, after a few troublefree days. I have been able to work up some photographs, and I am pleased. I just put one up. It is not my type of photography at all, so I am just pleased as punch over it. Had to put it up.

But the two of you are being the real angels of this thread.

Thank you so much. clap.gifclap.gif

Ginger
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2004
    Trapped inside with the continual gloomy downpour...
    Finally, in frustration of another day of continual downpour... (we are well over 3" for today!) I retreated to my room, where the kittens were sleeping and tried to read awhile... Well with two 10 week old kittens, and the boys, it was not to be, so I pulled out the camera and shot off a few, handheld, 1/15 exposure shots, at 8.9 mm on my camera... Here are a couple of the "better" ones.

7343737-L.jpg

7343206-L.jpg

Comments and Critiques Greatly Appreciated.
    ginette
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2004
    7343737-S.jpg
    AltPro wrote:
    Finally, in frustration of another day of continual downpour... (we are well over 3" for today!) I retreated to my room with where the kittens were sleeping and tried to read awhile... Well with two 10 week old kittens, and the boys, it was not to be, so I pulled out the camera and shot off a few, handheld, 1/15 exposure shots, at 8.9 mm on my camera... Here are a couple of the "better" onees.

Comments and Critiques Greatly Appreciated.
    ginette

Ginette, I love them both, but this is my absolute favorite. No distracting elements. Just soft sweet kittens and boy. clap.gif I love it!

Uh, they keep telling me that rain makes good shots of headlights. I had to go to church, photographer, a real good rain til just before we left the house. I wanted rain..........no.

I did get a puddle or two at the church.

ginger (18mm as always)

7349961-M.jpg
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited August 15, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    7349966-L.jpg
    I think Andy is just going to love this one Ginger. Not sure that the color adds a lot - tri-x look might be worth a try - just a thought. The juxtapostion is just perfect. Did you plan this one and wait for the two ladys to sit down or was this just a "found" shot?

Great picture.clap.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2004
    AltPro wrote:
    Dugmar...
    If I had to pick just one, this would be it... Great composition, wonderful clarity, and perspective! Great clouds, too... I would perhaps work it a bit adjusting color, levels, and curves.... Just a tweak.
    Great shot.
    ginette
    Yeah I agree. This was a tough spot to shoot, as I wasn't allowed to bring in my bag for security reasons, so for 8 hours in the hot sun I lugged my big 400mm lens around and whatever I could fit in my cargo shorts pockets.

They had the C5 open to sit in, so I sat where the troops usually sit for about an hour and drank a big jug of water. Just to give you an idea of how big these planes are, check this photo out (Obviously not an option for this challenge.) These things are impressively huge...

7354278-L.jpg

I have been away all weekend, there are some really great shots here. The waterfall shot is great. Really reminds me of some of my shots of the Pow Wow River I took back in the spring when we got 7" of rain in 48 hours. Similar lighting too, but a lot more water.

3227743-M.jpg See what I mean?...

3234366-M.jpg

Ginger's shot of the surfers is great. I love candid shots and that is a good one.

Gubbs' shot of the pubroom is excellent. It reminds me of a great bar in Essex, Connecticut called the Griswold Inn. It has a simiar ceiling, ecxcept it is a hull of a boat (turned upside down) instead of brick. Nice shot, great light!

And the "partners 2" shot by Ginger is great. I really like that as well.

Lynnesite, I have to be blunt, the horse shots are great, but the subject matter is getting a bit tiresome to me. Great composition, great lighting, great scenery.. but the horses, I don't know, just not doing it for me week after week, so I tend to skim over them. Maybe it's just me.
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:
    I think Andy is just going to love this one Ginger. Not sure that the color adds a lot - tri-x look might be worth a try - just a thought. The juxtapostion is just perfect. Did you plan this one and wait for the two ladys to sit down or was this just a "found" shot?

Great picture.clap.gif
    We ate there, I was anxious to leave and shoot, it started to rain, even better, sent Bill to the car to get a sweatshirt to cover my camera. I was bored. Wandered around.

Saw the Marilyn Monroe picture, and I thought, "wouldn't it be neat if two women were sitting down under it". That is what I honestly thought. And low and behold, there sat those two ladies.

I almost lost it, no I was cool, I was so cool that I took two shots, just to cover myself. It was difficult to line it up just right. When I went to work one up, there was a part of another person in it. Good thing I took two.

So the planning only took place in my head. I went to church this AM, had to photograph about 5 baptisms. Maybe god took note and dumped those two women right there.

I think it, well it proves to me that I am not a one note photographer. I am so tickled. I have never taken a shot like that. You know irony.

I think it is Andy's type shot. I hope so, I love it. I love my others, but this was such a find. When I am antsy like that, dying to shoot, I look at my surroundings very carefully. Took a photo of guys eating at the counter, stuff like that.
    But that Marilyn Monroe and two women, that was just tooooo much!

Now I thought about color vs blk and white, too. Wouldn't have hurt me to work it up in blk and white after the color. But I wanted Marilyn's photo to really stand out as different from the two "ladies".

So that is why it is in color.

ginger :D
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    7343737-Ti.jpg

Ginette, I love them both, but this is my absolute favorite. No distracting elements. Just soft sweet kittens and boy. clap.gif I love it!

I did get a puddle or two at the church.

ginger (18mm as always)

7349961-S.jpg
    ginger,
    Glad to hear that you liked "MaTT & the Dastardly Duo."
    iloveyou.gif He will be happy to know that his love for the kittens made a nice photo, too. Any assignment with this much rain, is tough... It is still pouring, and leterally has been since early yesterday, without let up! Ugh, our ground feels like sponge or jello, depending where you stand.

I like your "Church Puddle Reflection" WOuld have been great for the past assignment, eh? Really a stunning reflection. Very, Very, Nice!
    clap.gif

7349966-S.jpg

But I really like this one... great shot.!!
    clap.gif
    Nice to see someone is getting some work done!
    Keep at, keepin' at it.
    ginette