Options

SmugMug Bug Reporting Thread

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    Happened in Firefox too
    Andy wrote:
    So, very strange - I can get the error on your site, but not on mine. Same text. I can't bug it until it's reproducible on a vanilla site. I'm trying.

EDIT: Try something, please? Switch to smugmug gradient as the theme.

I switched over to Firefox and was entering 20 more descriptions. I saw the same error on one particular description in Firefox. Strangely, it reports the error, but the description is actually properly added. It displays funny on screen after the error is reported, but if you reload or go to that particular gallery, the full description has actually been accepted.

So, I hypothesize that it's an error in updating the DOM of the current page to show the new text, not an error in the Ajax routine that sets the new text back on the server. Anyway, it looks like I can just ignore the errors for now. I've got a lot more galleries to create and add titles and descriptions before uploading 1500 talent show photos.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    jfriend wrote:
    I switched over to Firefox and was entering 20 more descriptions. I saw the same error on one particular description in Firefox. Strangely, it reports the error, but the description is actually properly added. It displays funny on screen after the error is reported, but if you reload or go to that particular gallery, the full description has actually been accepted.

So, I hypothesize that it's an error in updating the DOM of the current page to show the new text, not an error in the Ajax routine that sets the new text back on the server. Anyway, it looks like I can just ignore the errors for now. I've got a lot more galleries to create and add titles and descriptions before uploading 1500 talent show photos.
    I'll make sure that the guys see it, John.
  • Options
    mpmcleodmpmcleod Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    mpmcleod wrote:
    here is the image under IE

still having this problem today for gallery Other but the 2003Photos appears to be working....

this is quite strange.
    -- Mike

smugmug nickname: mpmcleod
    http://www.michaelmcleod.com/
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2006
    Update on gallery sorting bug?
    Is there any progress on the Gallery/ Category sorting bug on the home page?

I have chosen to display categories and manually arrange them. But every time I add photos to a category suddenly that category is shifted to the top.
    -- Mike

• Options
    edited May 28, 2006
    mpmcleod wrote:
    here is the image under IE

It's not a bug. It's because you have reaaaaaaaaly long gallery names with no spaces in them, and we can't fit all that in the space provided.

http://mpmcleod.smugmug.com/Other

1999_09_07_cruise-photos_retouched I changed it to
    1999_09_07 cruise-photos_retouched and you can see it shows now...
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    It's not a bug. It's because you have reaaaaaaaaly long gallery names with no spaces in them, and we can't fit all that in the space provided.

http://mpmcleod.smugmug.com/Other

1999_09_07_cruise-photos_retouched I changed it to
    1999_09_07 cruise-photos_retouched and you can see it shows now...

I figured that was the problem (too long).

I wonder why it works in Opera and IE?

I would think the text would simply wrap and look ugly rather than disappear all together.

I don't use spaces because spaces cause problems with the API and dealing with files between Linux and SM.

Thanks!
    -- Mike

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 30, 2006
    bug: adding geography properties clears popular count
    Hi Guys,

I was playing around with geography last night. Some of the photos i updated were in my popular photos, but since adding the geography they are no longer listed.

Any ideas ? ne_nau.gif

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    Hi Guys,

I was playing around with geography last night. Some of the photos i updated were in my popular photos, but since adding the geography they are no longer listed.

Any ideas ? ne_nau.gif

David

I can't replicate. Links please.
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 30, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I can't replicate. Links please.

one
    two
    three
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 31, 2006
    There is no 31st in the date selector of the timeline. I thought it was tied to the month as it should be. Nope, December 31st is missing. Sure, you can search from the 30th to the 1st but you might get a bunch of photos.

I did a forum search and did not see this discussed.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    peestandinguppeestandingup Registered Users Posts: 489 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2006
    Cart bug discovered for certain browsers. When "accept cookies from only sites I navigate to" is activated in the preferences/options menu of the browser & where a vanity url is used, the user's shopping cart shows its empty, even when they add things to it. So, therefor, they cant add anything to the cart unless they choose the "accept all cookies" option, which many dont do.

Confirmed browsers that all have the cookies/shopping cart bug:

-OmniWeb (Mac)
    -Safari (Mac)
    -Opera (Mac)

Firefox seems to work just fine, even when the "all cookies" option isnt chosen. Credit also goes to mpmcleod.
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 1, 2006
    featured photo bug
    if i select an image as a "featured photo" for a gallery, then move that photo to another gallery, the photo still shows as the featured photo for the original gallery even though it no longer exists there.

yes i cleared cache and refreshed.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2006
    Bug or feature?
    bigwebguy wrote:
    if i select an image as a "featured photo" for a gallery, then move that photo to another gallery, the photo still shows as the featured photo for the original gallery even though it no longer exists there.

yes i cleared cache and refreshed.

Hmmm. That might be a neat feature. That means that you can now have a featured image (like an icon image for your gallery) that isn't necessarily in the gallery. There have been times that I've wanted that. I often find that I want a closer-up view of the image (tighter crop) used for the featured photo. And, sometimes I want the featured photo to be something that isn't actually an image in the gallery. So, exploiting this bug/feature, I could put the image I desired for the featured photo into the gallery, set the featured photo to it, then move that image to a private gallery and thus have a featured photo that isn't actually in the gallery. This gives you fully cusomizable gallery icons without the need to have the gallery icon image in the actual gallery it displays for.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2006
    jfriend wrote:
    Hmmm. That might be a neat feature. That means that you can now have a featured image (like an icon image for your gallery) that isn't necessarily in the gallery. There have been times that I've wanted that. I often find that I want a closer-up view of the image (tighter crop) used for the featured photo. And, sometimes I want the featured photo to be something that isn't actually an image in the gallery. So, exploiting this bug/feature, I could put the image I desired for the featured photo into the gallery, set the featured photo to it, then move that image to a private gallery and thus have a featured photo that isn't actually in the gallery. This gives you fully cusomizable gallery icons without the need to have the gallery icon image in the actual gallery it displays for.
    depends on your perspective.

let's call it unexpected behavior. :D
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Please place any bug reports here. Thank you.

I don't know if the bulk-keywording bug has been reported here.
    These are threads that describes it:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=35314
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=35226

"When doing a bulk keywording of your pics, the keywords will not show up next to your pics"

1. Make a new gallery and upload pics.
    2. Do a 'Keyword (bulk)' on your pics.
    3. Add/change keywords.
    4. Save.
    5. Make sure that your gallery is shown in Smugmug or Smugmug_small style. Make sure you're still logged in.
    6. You'll see the 'keyword' item in the extra-info section and a link called 'edit' (sometimes even 'add').
    7. Click on this 'edit' link. You'll see your keywords appear in the editbox. This means they are there somewhere, but just not visible a clickable links.
    8. Click 'Save'.
    9. Your clickable keywords for this pic will now show correctly.
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2006
    I don't know if the bulk-keywording bug has been reported here.
    These are threads that describes it:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=35314
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=35226

"When doing a bulk keywording of your pics, the keywords will not show up next to your pics"

1. Make a new gallery and upload pics.
    2. Do a 'Keyword (bulk)' on your pics.
    3. Add/change keywords.
    4. Save.
    5. Make sure that your gallery is shown in Smugmug or Smugmug_small style. Make sure you're still logged in.
    6. You'll see the 'keyword' item in the extra-info section and a link called 'edit' (sometimes even 'add').
    7. Click on this 'edit' link. You'll see your keywords appear in the editbox. This means they are there somewhere, but just not visible a clickable links.
    8. Click 'Save'.
    9. Your clickable keywords for this pic will now show correctly.

Thanks Anton, I've made sure the team's aware of this - thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2006
    wrong confirmation message when changing password

changed my login password today and the confirmation that came back said: "Viewing password successfully changed."
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    wrong confirmation message when changing password

changed my login password today and the confirmation that came back said: "Viewing password successfully changed."
    Tried, can't confirm. I tested on our internal system and also the live site.

Please try to replicate.
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2006
    Firefox bug with Control Panel???
    Here is a bug I can reproduce and I suspect it's a firefox bug, though it might be a smugmug bug. Can anyone else reproduce?

Using OS 10.4.6 and firefox 1.5.0.4. Visit Control Panel, Customization. I have about 500 lines of code in my footer section (the journal-medium hack and some stat-counter / google analytics stuff.) Make a new tab and switch back and forth between tabs. Footer code is truncated.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2006
    rutt wrote:
    Here is a bug I can reproduce and I suspect it's a firefox bug, though it might be a smugmug bug. Can anyone else reproduce?

Using OS 10.4.6 and firefox 1.5.0.4. Visit Control Panel, Customization. I have about 500 lines of code in my footer section (the journal-medium hack and some stat-counter / google analytics stuff.) Make a new tab and switch back and forth between tabs. Footer code is truncated.
    Trying to replicate, can't. Same setup. I have lots in my footer. Can't seem to replicate.

John, give screenshots and we'll see who else might be able to replicate.

Thanks!
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Trying to replicate, can't. Same setup. I have lots in my footer. Can't seem to replicate.

Thanks!
    Can't replicate in windows with IE, FF and flock.
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2006
    I strongly suspect this is a weird firefox bug. I just realized that I can only replicate on my 17" powerbook, and not on my large monitor desktop running the same software. Maybe I can narrow down enough to search firefox's bugzilla database and file if not there. Too much work, though.
    Andy wrote:

Thanks!
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2006
    There's a problem with page titles when my page is accessed through my custom domain on any non-gallery-page (includes keyword-pages).

This is how my page title looks on username.smugmug.com:
    73137821-L.jpg

and here on my domain:
    73137810-L.jpg

See the difference? My custom domain is cluttered with the hideous slogan "The ultimate in photo sharing....."! My name is missing. :cry When browsing keywords there's the slogan again and only after it comes my image caption. :uhoh

Looks like a hideous bug to me - hope you can sort it out quickly! mwink.gif

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2006
    There's a problem with page titles when my page is accessed through my custom domain on any non-gallery-page (includes keyword-pages).

This is how my page title looks on username.smugmug.com:
    73137821-L.jpg

and here on my domain:
    73137810-L.jpg

See the difference? My custom domain is cluttered with the hideous slogan "The ultimate in photo sharing....."! My name is missing. :cry When browsing keywords there's the slogan again and only after it comes my image caption. :uhoh

Looks like a hideous bug to me - hope you can sort it out quickly! mwink.gif

Thanks,
    Sebastian

Validated and Reported, thanks Sebastian.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2006
    As reported by sayntbrigid over here.
    I just changed my gallery to use the Black Arts Skin as a base.....I love it and it is wonderful. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but if I customize my "Community Associated" Galleries with Smug in my customization, I loose my banner and footer. If I associate my "Community Associated" Galleries with the Community, I loose the nice Black Arts "frame" around the gallery. This does NOT happen with my NON community associated Galleries..........thank you ahead of time for any help......and sorry if someone else has posted this already......or if it is in a different thread.

Thanx, Brig:D
    confirmed in IE6, and FFwin. After changing community for a gallery, i'm unable to select appearance: custom in the 'look&feel' section and appearance: smugmug in the 'community' section at the same time.
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2006
    misspelling
    > control panel > cusotmization settings

This should be an easy one to fix...
    -- Mike

• Options
    sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2006
    thanx mpmcleod :D
    we went through all that......it doesnt save the settings
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2006
    It will save look and feel / smug and smug

OR

Look and feel custom / community.

I cannot save appearance smug and community / appearance custom look and feel combination...........

see this thread for details:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=35413

and thank you ahead of time for your time and help
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2006
    thanx mpmcleod :D
    we went through all that......it doesnt save the settings

This is unrelated to your bug. Just noticed that in the latest release of SM they misspelled customization
    -- Mike

• Options
    edited June 3, 2006
    mpmcleod wrote:
    This is unrelated to your bug. Just noticed that in the latest release of SM they misspelled customization

Oh, I'm sorry :D

Well, Great to meet you anyhow :D
This discussion has been closed.