SmugMug Bug Reporting Thread

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Bleh. IE. OK validated, confirmed, and I'm sorry about that :D
    I''ll get it fixed asap.
    Thanks for reporting, and the compliments, on the themes!
    It actually shows up on more themes (it's a girl, daddy's girl, baseball1) It has something to do with the width of .journal_entry not being declared. I just added
    .journal_entry {
        width: 750px;
    }

and everything seemed to work just fine. (Look at my site , it shows normal)
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    wellman wrote:
    In both the new themes, in the journal style, alternating horizontal lines are smashed up against the left border. Seeing the same thing in The Big Chill, too. I'm using IE6.

I think I had a similar issue with my customization a while back, and Mike Lane fixed it with a * html [classname] {width:xxx;} line, although I was using a site-warpping div.

Love the three newest themes, though. thumb.gif

Black Arts: http://themes.smugmug.com/gallery/1442248
    The Graduate: http://themes.smugmug.com/gallery/1442233
    The Big Chill: http://themes.smugmug.com/gallery/1344245

Hi Greg,

Black Arts and Graduate should be fixed - thanks for reporting this!
    Bleh. IE6.
  • Options
    wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Greg,

Black Arts and Graduate should be fixed - thanks for reporting this!
    Bleh. IE6.

No problem. Thanks for the speedy response. Thanks to Ivar, too. That little gem will come in handy.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    Please replace the irritating page title of a user's popular photos "SmugMug - find the most popular photos by PhotoRank from over 60,000,000" with what you've done on every user's homepage: "SmugMug - Sebastian Hosche's popular photos". It's not really a bug, but neither it's correct. One can't access all of smugmugs popular photos from this page, only mine and that's also what the page title should say. mwink.gif
    Currently it looks like I've got 60 millon photos online which I sure haven't.:D

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    pmalandpmaland Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2006
    And another bug...
    I don't know how long ago you guys put in the "don't let this page show up in a frame" code, but now when you do "co-branding", and pick a gallery (not the homepage) as your preview, it creates the IFRAME, tries to load the gallery into it, then suddenly it's full screen.

FYI, in case no-one else has brought it up already.

- Phil
    http://maland.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2006
    pmaland wrote:
    I don't know how long ago you guys put in the "don't let this page show up in a frame" code, but now when you do "co-branding", and pick a gallery (not the homepage) as your preview, it creates the IFRAME, tries to load the gallery into it, then suddenly it's full screen.

FYI, in case no-one else has brought it up already.

- Phil
    http://maland.smugmug.com/
    Thanks Phil.

JT will see this now that I've moved it here.
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2006
    Siiiiighh
    PhotoRank doesn't seem to obey gallery templates. Not when creating a new gallery and designating a template, nor when trying to apply the template to an existing gallery.

I get the impression that I'm not even supposed to be ABLE to apply template settings to an existing gallery. When I'm on a gallery's customization page, I go into the templates and select one, and it doesn't change any of the settings to what I saved from the template gallery, it just "locks" all the current settings. Bulk settings seems to have no afect either. This is VERY confusing...

http://matthewsaville.smugmug.com/

-Matt-
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2006
    PhotoRank doesn't seem to obey gallery templates. Not when creating a new gallery and designating a template, nor when trying to apply the template to an existing gallery.

I get the impression that I'm not even supposed to be ABLE to apply template settings to an existing gallery. When I'm on a gallery's customization page, I go into the templates and select one, and it doesn't change any of the settings to what I saved from the template gallery, it just "locks" all the current settings. Bulk settings seems to have no afect either. This is VERY confusing...

http://matthewsaville.smugmug.com/

-Matt-
    Known issue, Not a bug though, just never a feature yet. I asked Don about this a month or so ago, and it's been discussed here... no promise on if/when but Onethumb knows about it :D
  • Options
    smugbugsmugbug Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2006
    Yeah, there is still no way to disable or enable Photorank across your galleries.. what a pain. This bug has been brought up before, but Smugmug STILL has not fixed it. Come on!

The new vertical large size is an annoyance too; only newly uploaded images have the new size. Unless you reupload your images, your site won't even look consistent between different galleries!
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2006
    smugbug wrote:
    Yeah, there is still no way to disable or enable Photorank across your galleries.. what a pain. This bug has been brought up before, but Smugmug STILL has not fixed it. Come on!

The new vertical large size is an annoyance too; only newly uploaded images have the new size. Unless you reupload your images, your site won't even look consistent between different galleries!
    To be honest, as a Smugmug user for over 2 years I am perfectly happy to hear Andy say that it's a known bug and a fix might happen. At least I know I'm not insane, and if I've learned anything about SM in the past, it's that they stick to the motto "under-promise, over-deliver". Many times when I've had a problem and emailed the help line I've gotten a reply within 5 minutes saying "okay, we'll fix it some day", only to find that it's fixed 30 minutes later. These guys are good!

What I'm wishing for even moreso is the fix for galleries un-arranging themselves. Any news on that, guys?

*knocks on wood*

-Matt-

PS: Not liking the new vertical "L" images, either. But I AM liking speed demon!
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2006
    smugbug wrote:

Hi sb,

We're not doing anything to older -L sizes yet - we're still gathering feedback from customers on that issue.
    http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/2006/04/27/new-features-april-27-2006/

As regards PhotoRank and templating - the engineers are aware of it. Thanks for letting us know how important this is to you!
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2006
    After leaving a community I don't get redirected back to the page I was it (in this case the homepage). There's only a link back to the community. I don't know from which pages you can leave a community at all, but it still would be more convenient to have a redirect after 10s like on the login pages. Mabe this isn't so much of a bug at all, but more a feature request - dunno.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    gblottergblotter Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2006
    arrange within subcategory triggers reordering in non-related categories & home page
    When arranging galleries within a sub-category, the ordering of non-related categories and the home page ordering gets changed around. I can demonstrate for you on my smugmug account. This is completely reproducible.

-Greg
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2006
    gblotter wrote:
    When arranging galleries within a sub-category, the ordering of non-related categories and the home pager order gets changed around. I can demonstrate for you on my smugmug page. This is completely reproducible.

-Greg
    Yeah if you could send the specific gallery, and links to reproduce, to help@smugmug.com attn Andy that'd be great.

JT's still working on this I think...

Thanks!
  • Options
    THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2006
    "problem retrieving the xml data: undefined: undefined null"
    As of a couple days ago, I get an error every time I go into my control panel. It says "The was a problem retrieving the xml data: undefined: undefined null".

Any ideas?

Andy - I got an email from Jacob but he said "hopefully everything continues to work well" so I sent him back and said that it wasn't but I never heard from him again.

Thanks!!!
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2006
    THE TOUCH wrote:
    As of a couple days ago, I get an error every time I go into my control panel. It says "The was a problem retrieving the xml data: undefined: undefined null".

Any ideas?

Andy - I got an email from Jacob but he said "hopefully everything continues to work well" so I sent him back and said that it wasn't but I never heard from him again.

Thanks!!!

Browser? Platform? Thanks... If you've given this already by email to help desk I apologize, I can't match up dgrin names to help email :D
  • Options
    renstarrenstar Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2006
    featured gallery + edit title
    I dunno if this has been reported yet or if it is even considered a bug, but when you have a gallery featured and use the 'edit' button to edit the title from the gallery page, it only updates the headng in the featured part, until you refresh. This isnt a huge issue, but what follows may be more of a problem.

If you try to edit the title of a featured gallery from the edit button next to the primary gallery listing, not the featured gallery listing, the text box appears near the featured gallery listing. This is counter intuitive when the featured galleries are scrolled off the page.

No biggies, but if they arnt the desired functionality, worth a look
  • Options
    dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2006
    multi keyword, multi page bug
    I remember seeing this bug being found AND confirmed a while back.... well I was at my Mom's yesterday and was showing her how cool the keyword feature was, especially combining keywords. But when the combined keywords returns more than one page of pictures in smugmug style, you can't go past page 1.... just a friendly reminder mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2006
    dmc wrote:
    I remember seeing this bug being found AND confirmed a while back.... well I was at my Mom's yesterday and was showing her how cool the keyword feature was, especially combining keywords. But when the combined keywords returns more than one page of pictures in smugmug style, you can't go past page 1.... just a friendly reminder mwink.gif
    Yeah it's reported....

THanks dmc
  • Options
    THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Browser? Platform? Thanks... If you've given this already by email to help desk I apologize, I can't match up dgrin names to help email :D

Sorry - OSX and Safari. I just tried it in Explorer and it worked fine. You mentioned that Safari may be the problem but I've been using it since day one with no problems. I disabled the SpeedDemon and still no worky.

Thanks!

- Kevin Thompson krt1@mac.com
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2006
    I get kind of weird, contrasting wait times in my log:
    20060509_163807_09671_s7_o.JPG1x1-gray.gif700852481x1-gray.gifComplete1x1-gray.gif 2006-05-17 11:50:42 1x1-gray.gif-39s 1x1-gray.gif44s1x1-gray.gif
    20060509_165207_09672_s7_o.JPG1x1-gray.gif700853331x1-gray.gifComplete1x1-gray.gif 2006-05-17 11:51:281x1-gray.gif 1s1x1-gray.gif 5s1x1-gray.gif20060508_150454_09664_s7_o.JPG1x1-gray.gif700845541x1-gray.gifComplete1x1-gray.gif 2006-05-17 11:43:301x1-gray.gif 40s1x1-gray.gif 5s
    I guess the one with the '-' front isn't supposed to look like that, while the other two are correct?!

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    SteveBSteveB Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 19, 2006
    Bug with Search functionality?
    I'm trying to perform a keyword search for galleries that just belong to me, but in the search results, I'm getting galleries that belong to everybody.

I think this is a bug, but I've put together a complete report here so that you can give it a look:

http://www.stevenbaker.com/p/smugmugbug/

Any idea what's up? Is it a bug or just PEBKAC? :-)

Thanks,

-Steve (gopackgo)
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    Problems with drag/drop rearrange pics in gallery
    Mac OS 10.4, Safari browser. Rearranging lots of pictures in lots of galleries on an iMac in Safari.

I cannot reproduce the problem at will, but when I go to rearrange photos in galleries, every once in a while, a particular photo just won't drag/drop anywhere. I can drag it with the mouse, but when I release it where I want it to go nothing happens. I saw this problem 10-15 times today. I can often drag/drop other photos, but that particular photo just won't go anywhere. I eventually found that if I unchecked the [X] Rearrange checkbox and then checked it again, I could then drag/drop the photo I was trying to move.

I saw the problem on 5-6 different galleries so I don't think it has anything to do with a specific gallery. There's definitely a bug here and if you move a bunch of photos around in my configuration, you will encounter the problem, but I don't know how to make it happen upon demand.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2006
    b0rkage...
    ... occurs when images are extremely narrow or short. (as in the few px range)

Instead of the small thumb being contained within the #photoBox, it shows the whole image in -L size on the page.

example: http://ivar2.smugmug.com/gallery/1426716 This particular one is a vertical one, i have had this happen on horizontal images aswell.

Photos won't be affected since they will be wider/taller usually.
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2006
    Error typing in gallery description
    When editing a gallery description, I get an error "Bad escape combination near %".

I don't quite understand what causes this bug, but here's a way to reproduce it. Create a gallery in a sub-category. Then, from the sub-category page, hit the Edit link to edit the gallery description. Then type in the following:

Since You've Been Gone:
    Amanda, Inbar, Elise, Hayley, Julie, Keila, Amy, Kelly, Lauren, Gabrielle, Elaine, Sierra

When you hit the "Save" button, you will get an error dialog that says "Bad escape combination near %".

If I take out the colon in the description, the error goes away. If I put the colon back, the error comes back again.

If I edit the gallery description from the gallery page itself, I don't see this error.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2006
    jfriend wrote:
    When editing a gallery description, I get an error "Bad escape combination near %".

I don't quite understand what causes this bug, but here's a way to reproduce it. Create a gallery in a sub-category. Then, from the sub-category page, hit the Edit link to edit the gallery description. Then type in the following:

Since You've Been Gone:
    Amanda, Inbar, Elise, Hayley, Julie, Keila, Amy, Kelly, Lauren, Gabrielle, Elaine, Sierra

When you hit the "Save" button, you will get an error dialog that says "Bad escape combination near %".

If I take out the colon in the description, the error goes away. If I put the colon back, the error comes back again.

If I edit the gallery description from the gallery page itself, I don't see this error.

Hi John,

I was unable to reproduce, in IE6 on Windows or Firefox on Mac. Can you try clearing cache, closing browser completely, and restarting the browser. Also, which browser?

http://andydemo.smugmug.com/Photography/191073
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2006
    IE6, 100% reproducible
    Andy wrote:
    Hi John,

I was unable to reproduce, in IE6 on Windows or Firefox on Mac. Can you try clearing cache, closing browser completely, and restarting the browser. Also, which browser?

http://andydemo.smugmug.com/Photography/191073

Cleared cache, restarted browser, 100% reproducable for me. Hit the Edit link, paste this text into the description field from the sub-category view and hit save:

Since You've Been Gone:

Problem shows on Browser version IE6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519.

Problem does not show on Firefox.

Here's where the problem occurs: http://friend.smugmug.com/School/191227. Note: this is not my main account that you might have seen before, this is a different account (thus why I was using IE on it).
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2006
    jfriend wrote:

Here's where the problem occurs: http://friend.smugmug.com/School/191227. Note: this is not my main account that you might have seen before, this is a different account (thus why I was using IE on it).

So, very strange - I can get the error on your site, but not on mine. Same text. I can't bug it until it's reproducible on a vanilla site. I'm trying.

EDIT: Try something, please? Switch to smugmug gradient as the theme.
  • Options
    mpmcleodmpmcleod Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    Bug with gallery display in FF
    I have a problem with FF under Linux and Windows XP
    http://mpmcleod.smugmug.com/2003Photos
    and
    http://mpmcleod.smugmug.com/Other

the gallery names do not display at all for 1492615 (Other) and
    1472428 (2003Photos)

This just started today and appears to only affect FF (under both Linux and XP). Opera works under Linux and IE works under XP.

I have attached 2 screen shots to show the problem.
    -- Mike

smugmug nickname: mpmcleod
    http://www.michaelmcleod.com/
  • Options
    mpmcleodmpmcleod Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    mpmcleod wrote:
    I have a problem with FF under Linux and Windows XP
    http://mpmcleod.smugmug.com/2003Photos
    and
    http://mpmcleod.smugmug.com/Other

the gallery names do not display at all for 1492615 (Other) and
    1472428 (2003Photos)

This just started today and appears to only affect FF (under both Linux and XP). Opera works under Linux and IE works under XP.

I have attached 2 screen shots to show the problem.
    here is the image under IE
    -- Mike

smugmug nickname: mpmcleod
    http://www.michaelmcleod.com/
This discussion has been closed.