Options

SmugMug Bug Reporting Thread

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2006
    DavidTo discovered a big bug with the new release! The keyword list page (the keyword gallery pages seem to be unaffected) shows a nice gradiant, but no customizations at all!! headscratch.gifne_nau.gif
    Thanks to Barb for bringing this up again over here - I've completely missed Davids post.

Thanks! Hoping for a quick fix,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2006
    DavidTo discovered a big bug with the new release! The keyword list page (the keyword gallery pages seem to be unaffected) shows a nice gradiant, but no customizations at all!! headscratch.gifne_nau.gif
    Thanks to Barb for bringing this up again over here - I've completely missed Davids post.

Thanks! Hoping for a quick fix,
    Sebastian

Actually, it's worse than that. In FF 1.5.0.4, OSX 10.4.6:

1) Navigate to a gallery
    2) choose keywords from my navbar
    3) hit the back button

4) result: my page that previously had customizations now has none. The style sheet disappears.

so, specifically:

1) go davidrosenthal.smugmug.com
    2) click on keywords from my navbar
    3) hit back, page is messed up.

Only happens in FF, not Safari.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2006
    1) enter search term in smugsearch box

2) in resulting page, click on "or search in:"

3) the page you're taken to has no customization.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    mcgilmcgil Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    Video upload bug ?
    Hi,

Sorry if this has been addressed or if I'm using the uploader in an incorrect way.

I'm a power user and trying to upload a vows video into a wedding gallery via the standard drag&drop JAVA uploader.

My video file is a .avi file and when I drag and drop it I get this error message : "I'm sorry, but you can only upload JPEGs and GIFs."

Another issue might be that my videos are in MJPEG [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MJPEG] but the anyway I thought the error message above was not appropriate.

Thanks,

McGil
  • Options
    CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    Just noticed tonight that when I click on a catagory with sub-catagories that the Gallery level shows anyway. Note all galleries are within the sub-cats so the Galley level should not yet be showing. Screen shot should explain it below. Doesn't look to good. Happens in both IE & FF. Thanks.

73504686-O.jpg
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    mcgil wrote:
    ... Another issue might be that my videos are in MJPEG [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MJPEG] ...
    Allthough the message could lead you to believe that only gif/jpeg files are accepted, other files including MPEG-1 files are also accepted. MJPEG will need to be converted into a MPEG-1 file.
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    Can't reproduce the back page being messed up (same OS X and FF) - but the keywords page custom styles will be fixed shortly.
    DavidTO wrote:
    Actually, it's worse than that. In FF 1.5.0.4, OSX 10.4.6:

1) Navigate to a gallery
    2) choose keywords from my navbar
    3) hit the back button

4) result: my page that previously had customizations now has none. The style sheet disappears.

so, specifically:

1) go davidrosenthal.smugmug.com
    2) click on keywords from my navbar
    3) hit back, page is messed up.

Only happens in FF, not Safari.
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 5, 2006
    after uploading using the universal uploader, clicking the 'upload log' link takes you to http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/uploadlog.mg

instead of: http://nickname.smugmug.com/homepage/uploadlog.mg

the result is losing your customization if you click on any of the links in the upload log.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2006
    Cindy wrote:
    Just noticed tonight that when I click on a catagory with sub-catagories that the Gallery level shows anyway. Note all galleries are within the sub-cats so the Galley level should not yet be showing. Screen shot should explain it below. Doesn't look to good. Happens in both IE & FF. Thanks.

73504686-O.jpg

Just bumpin to make sure it's not missed and to see if others are having this same issue. Thanks.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    single keyword bug?
    Not bulk keywords-- just trying to add a single keyword to this gallery:

http://petespringer.smugmug.com/gallery/1414517

and it seems to disappear after I click update and go back to check if the keyword really is there. Is this something being worked on or already reported?

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    Cindy wrote:

73504686-O.jpg
    Cindy, this is not a bug, it's been this way forever. There are CSS tricks to get around this - BUT BUT BUT you're in luck, because we hope to have a smarter way to deal with this VERY SOON :D

Stay tuned, ok?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    Not bulk keywords-- just trying to add a single keyword to this gallery:

and it seems to disappear after I click update and go back to check if the keyword really is there. Is this something being worked on or already reported?
    I was able to add a single keyword on your site at that gallery. Can you please try again?
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2006
    Thank you, thank you. I can hardly wait now!
    Andy wrote:
    Cindy, this is not a bug, it's been this way forever. There are CSS tricks to get around this - BUT BUT BUT you're in luck, because we hope to have a smarter way to deal with this VERY SOON :D

Stay tuned, ok?

Wow... headscratch.gif how did I never notice this before??? rolleyes1.gif
    Thank you so much for responding Andy, and wow - even a hopeful very soon - yippie!!! I'll certainly stay tuned thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2006
    {JT} wrote:
    Can't reproduce the back page being messed up (same OS X and FF) - but the keywords page custom styles will be fixed shortly.

I can't reproduce, either, since you FIXED the keywords page!!!! :D

I am still experiencing this bug, however:
    DavidTO wrote:
    1) enter search term in smugsearch box

2) in resulting page, click on "or search in:"

3) the page you're taken to has no customization.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    [Cindy reporting problem with galleries showing up in category view even though they're in sub-categories]

Stay tuned, ok?
    I'm confused. All my galleries in subcategories have never shown up in category level (for example here - see attachment). At least I don't see any of the 25 galleries contained in the subcategories. This also applies for Cindy's site - the category she referred to shows no galleries for me on category level. ne_nau.gif

So what you guys are seeing?

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    I can't reproduce, either, since you FIXED the keywords page!!!! :D

I am still experiencing this bug, however:

Yeah - that global search page (search all of smugmug) won't have your customization since that page is a global smugmug page (kinda like the global keywords home page)
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2006
    I'm confused. All my galleries in subcategories have never shown up in category level (for example here - see attachment). At least I don't see any of the 25 galleries contained in the subcategories. This also applies for Cindy's site - the category she referred to shows no galleries for me on category level. ne_nau.gif

So what you guys are seeing?

Sebastian

They aren't seeing anything, the bug was fixed :)
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2006
    {JT} wrote:
    They aren't seeing anything, the bug was fixed :)

clap.gif Yippie & thank you! clap.gif
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 6, 2006
    looks like the streams got crossed .

the cartbuttons (and on some things the search button) are reverting to the new hotness buttons on hover.

73811110-M.jpg
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2006
    Ah - guess I need to move the hover state to the new css.
    bigwebguy wrote:
    looks like the streams got crossed .

the cartbuttons (and on some things the search button) are reverting to the new hotness buttons on hover.

73811110-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2006
    i'll try
    Andy wrote:
    I was able to add a single keyword on your site at that gallery. Can you please try again?

Andy,

It was weird because I tried several times yesterday to add keywords and it didn't take (and there were no keywords in the gallery... which is weird because I did add some over the weekend). Then I tried again yesterday afternoon (after posting), and it did work. I'll try again right now. Sounds like it may be something on my end if if worked for you. Thanks for checking on it.

• Options
    edited June 6, 2006
    keywords-- here's what happens

On this gallery, and maybe others, since the new update, if I add multiple keywords in quotes seperated by semi-colons (ie "pete springer photography"; "tv news fashion"; "portland oregon") it wipes out all the keywords (even ones already entered) after the "update" button is pushed.

But if I enter keywords with no quotes, it works. I've entered "keywords" with quotes on other galleries in the past with no problems. Anyway, not a big deal, I'll drop the quotes when I enter keywords. Just wanted to make sure you folks knew about it.

• Options
    flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2006
    BUG:Lightbox and scrollbar behavior
    There is a problem with the lightBox position and its scrollbar behavior.
    For more info, see this thread:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=35609 . Post number #13 refers to other threads that report the same issue.

To fix this can Smugmug change the JavaScript code of the method openLB:
    function openLB(ImageID,reqSize,setSize,popWidth,popHeight)
    {
    [B]  if (window.scrollTo)[/B]
    [B]  {[/B]
    [B]      window.scrollTo(0,0);[/B]
    [B]  }   [/B]
        // etc... the old and existing code continues...

The position of the lightBoxStage should be position:static and the code in bold typeface is the first thing that openLB should execute.

Thanks!
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2006
    Sorry - people did not like it when we changed their browser size (to fix dissappearing scrollbars) or when we scrolled too far on a page.

I am working on a better fix, but using position static won't cut it.
    There is a problem with the lightBox position and its scrollbar behavior.
    For more info, see this thread:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=35609 . Post number #13 refers to other threads that report the same issue.

To fix this can Smugmug change the JavaScript code of the method openLB:
    function openLB(ImageID,reqSize,setSize,popWidth,popHeight)
    {
    [B]  if (window.scrollTo)[/B]
    [B]  {[/B]
    [B]      window.scrollTo(0,0);[/B]
    [B]  }   [/B]
        // etc... the old and existing code continues...

The position of the lightBoxStage should be position:static and the code in bold typeface is the first thing that openLB should execute.

Thanks!
  • Options
    flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    {JT} wrote:
    Sorry - people did not like it when we changed their browser size (to fix dissappearing scrollbars) or when we scrolled too far on a page.

I am working on a better fix, but using position static won't cut it.

Thanks {JT}!

headscratch.gif When using position:static and calling window.scrollTo(0,0) when openLB is called: What does not work well for people?
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2006
    If they were scrolled down any amount - they don't like it when we auto scroll up for them. There has to be a better solution :)
    Thanks {JT}!

headscratch.gif When using position:static and calling window.scrollTo(0,0) when openLB is called: What does not work well for people?
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    Just so it's in the bug thread...

If you set any width at all in the div#bodyWrapper then you no longer get a lightbox in IE6. umph.gif
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2006
    I think I posted the problem before that deleting a photo in a gallery keeps the links (e.g. rainforest1155.smugmug.com/gallery/119832/5/26580669/Medium) from google etc. working with the picture displayed as a red X. The visitor really should be forwarded to the beginning of the gallery instead! With those links beeing still valid it's not very likely that google drops them. When deleting this picture I opted in for the picture and the caption to disappear!

Today I discovered a new twist to the issue: A visitor came to my site using the same link only without the display size at the end of the url ( rainforest1155.smugmug.com/gallery/119832/5/26580669). He got the following message:
    This is a brand new gallery with no photos.

After that he left, because it looks like the gallery was broken/deleted completely - not the effect I want any visitor to have.Just redirect them to the gallery start.

This issue should be valid for any photo that got deleted anywhere on smugmug and can be considered a privacy issue as I don't have any control over the captions anymore unless I would have noted down all my image ID's before deleting the pictures and then manually accessed the photo links in order to delete all the captions! I think I made my point clear. mwink.gif

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    renstarrenstar Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2006
    I've had this happen as well, when I accidentally linked to a photo number that is past the end of the gallery. Of course, I can't replicate it now, so it is sort of moot, but if i can, I'll post it.

-r
    I think I posted the problem before that deleting a photo in a gallery keeps the links (e.g. rainforest1155.smugmug.com/gallery/119832/5/26580669/Medium) from google etc. working with the picture displayed as a red X. The visitor really should be forwarded to the beginning of the gallery instead! With those links beeing still valid it's not very likely that google drops them. When deleting this picture I opted in for the picture and the caption to disappear!

Today I discovered a new twist to the issue: A visitor came to my site using the same link only without the display size at the end of the url ( rainforest1155.smugmug.com/gallery/119832/5/26580669). He got the following message:
    This is a brand new gallery with no photos.

After that he left, because it looks like the gallery was broken/deleted completely - not the effect I want any visitor to have.Just redirect them to the gallery start.

This issue should be valid for any photo that got deleted anywhere on smugmug and can be considered a privacy issue as I don't have any control over the captions anymore unless I would have noted down all my image ID's before deleting the pictures and then manually accessed the photo links in order to delete all the captions! I think I made my point clear. mwink.gif

Thanks,
    Sebastian
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2006
    Safari refuses to log in
    I can log in OK with Firefox, so there's no panic, but for no reason that I can fatom Safri will no longer let me log in

I fill in the log in window OK, and it confirms that's I'M logged in UNTIL I then get auto-referred back to the page I was viewing or click on back to the page I was viewing, where it shows m,e as not being logged in

I have tried resetting safari, quitting, restarting but it still won't work

The last thing I did was use ONYX before I noticed the problem.

Any idea how to fix it?
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
This discussion has been closed.