Options

SmugMug Bug Reporting Thread

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    I'm just curious as to the official explanation behind this.
    I bugged it, not sure what Don will say but thanks for reporting, Lee.
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2006
    I think it mainly shows up in the larger galleries like the Work Buddies example I showed you. It happens often in this one too:

http://www.justinandkrista.smugmug.com/Vacation/147594

It's the smugmug footer that seems to be written over the top of my galleries.

Thanks,
    Justin

PS You should be enjoying your vacation, not dealing with my miniscule bug. lol
    Hi, Are you still seeing this? I cannot replicate it today, IE6.
  • Options
    zip_doo_dahzip_doo_dah Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, Are you still seeing this? I cannot replicate it today, IE6.

Unfortunately yes.

I'd never seen the bug until I switched my theme from the default to the Fresh Air theme. I wasn't sure if it was the Fresh Air theme or whether it coincided with a new release of your code so I switched back to Default theme and I wasn't able to reproduce the bug. When I switched back to Fresh Air theme, the bug showed its nasty head once again.

Too bad because I do like that Fresh Air theme. However, it doesn't happen often enough to make me switch back. It should be fixed at some point however because it looks a little tacky when it shows up.

I'm sure you'll find it. It's just somehow the theme affects the algorithm that calculates the location of the footer. Good luck and cheers! :D
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2006
    Ooops. Sorry. I take back that last comment about it only happening in the larger galleries. This is from my Friends gallery.
    It will happen if you have an unclosed <div> in your customization. Are you still seeing it now?
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 31, 2006
    yui code not implemented on the keyword page.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    wizard444wizard444 Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited July 31, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Our Fully Supported browsers are IE6, Firefox (Win and Mac) and Safari.

Is there any particular reason you don't want business from Opera users? I'm still ticked that I had to cancel my smug account, yes I really liked having my smug but I really like Opera too. Should I have to settle for less?

Maybe you have too many customers now so you're thinning your revenue on purpose. If some day you decide to change your mind, I'll come back happily.

Best Regards,

Wiz
    "Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again."

Henri Cartier Bresson
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 31, 2006
    wizard444 wrote:
    Is there any particular reason you don't want business from Opera users? I'm still ticked that I had to cancel my smug account, yes I really liked having my smug but I really like Opera too. Should I have to settle for less?

Maybe you have too many customers now so you're thinning your revenue on purpose. If some day you decide to change your mind, I'll come back happily.

Best Regards,

Wiz

Hi Wiz,

I can't really talk for SM or Andy, but I would be really surprised if they were turning their backs on Opera all together. I think Andy was referring to the browsers that they actively test for all features, hacks, etc.

What things don't seem to be working properly ?

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2006
    wizard444 wrote:

Best Regards,

Wiz
    Hi Wiz,

Thanks for posting again. We don't feel like we're turning our backs on anyone. Opera has proven somewhat difficult to keep updating. For example, in the latest update from Opera, they made a change that caused some of our AJAX stuff to not work properly. And then there is the buttons issue to lick, too. We fully support three browsers for PCs and Macs. Firefox, Safari, and IE6.

Thanks for telling us how important Opera is to you!
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 31, 2006
    I am probably screwing this up but I cannot figure it out. Given the new features I decided to do a relook at my pricing structure. One thing that has given me fits is not having a way to have default prices saved. So I created 3 private galleries that I can price and when needed use the copy function to price new galleries. ie. family pricing, photos for sale (including commercial download), and photos for sale (not available for commercial download).

Once created I went in to set the prices. In one of the galleries I want to price all of the photos at say 5 cents above cost. When you do any other function such as % increase it automatically calculates profit and updates. But when you do a dollar amount that is less than a dollar it does not update. Leaving off the . sets a full dollar amount.

Interesting thing is that this occurs on the photos. But the digital downloads show the correct increased amount. Also, if you increase the prices by 1.00 first and then increase by say .05 then it works. There is something about increasing by >.99 that is not working.

I have tested this in IE and FF and they both display the same behavior.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2006
    docwalker wrote:
    I am probably screwing this up but I cannot figure it out. Given the new features I decided to do a relook at my pricing structure. One thing that has given me fits is not having a way to have default prices saved. So I created 3 private galleries that I can price and when needed use the copy function to price new galleries. ie. family pricing, photos for sale (including commercial download), and photos for sale (not available for commercial download).

Once created I went in to set the prices. In one of the galleries I want to price all of the photos at say 5 cents above cost. When you do any other function such as % increase it automatically calculates profit and updates. But when you do a dollar amount that is less than a dollar it does not update. Leaving off the . sets a full dollar amount.

Interesting thing is that this occurs on the photos. But the digital downloads show the correct increased amount. Also, if you increase the prices by 1.00 first and then increase by say .05 then it works. There is something about increasing by >.99 that is not working.

Gallery links pls so I can validate? ear.gif
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 31, 2006
    Actually any of them... But this is one of the ones I am working in: http://docwalker.smugmug.com/gallery/1723933
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2006
    docwalker wrote:

I'll check w/ JT.
  • Options
    daumedaume Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 31, 2006
    Problems with color effect
    Hello,
    I want to change the color of a photo with the `color effect' from the menu under the picture. Once I click on the `color effect' item of the menu a new page appears but the picture that would normaly load up to chose from are not present. I was able to use this feature before but not anymore. Is this a generalised problem or just me?

thanks
    Yann

ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    It will happen if you have an unclosed <div> in your customization. Are you still seeing it now?

Can you not see it? I swear it's happening!

Here's another example from today:
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2006
    Can you not see it? I swear it's happening!

Here's another example from today:

sorry about the double post, but all of my divs have been commented out the entire time I do believe.

Also, I think you must have slightly changed my theme because it's default on all pages except the sub-category pages which are now Fresh Air. It switches back to default again at the gallery level. I'll leave it that way if it helps you figure it out.

Being a programmer myself, I know how frustrating even the littlest of bugs can be some time. Completely patient here.

-justin
  • Options
    DodgeV83DodgeV83 Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    not really a bug, but kinda annoying

lightbox doesnt remember scroll position. if you're in a gallery and scroll down then activate lightbox, when you close lightbox the page is scrolled all the way to the top instead of where you were previously.

p.s. JT if you fix this i'll change my avatar :D

If this gets implemented so it doesn't scroll to the top after a viewing...it will beat Zenfolio's picture navigation IMO!
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2006
    sorry about the double post, but all of my divs have been commented out the entire time I do believe.

Also, I think you must have slightly changed my theme because it's default on all pages except the sub-category pages which are now Fresh Air. It switches back to default again at the gallery level. I'll leave it that way if it helps you figure it out.

Being a programmer myself, I know how frustrating even the littlest of bugs can be some time. Completely patient here.

-justin
    Do me a favor and remove that header code completely, ok? Then let us know... THanks!
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Do me a favor and remove that header code completely, ok? Then let us know... THanks!

Sorry Andy. It still happens, I'll leave it out though. Feel free to mess around with my website if you want. As long as you don't delete or rearrange my pics, I could care less. Maybe I should just try out a different theme?

-justin
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2006
    daume wrote:
    Hello,
    I want to change the color of a photo with the `color effect' from the menu under the picture. Once I click on the `color effect' item of the menu a new page appears but the picture that would normaly load up to chose from are not present. I was able to use this feature before but not anymore. Is this a generalised problem or just me?

thanks
    Yann

ne_nau.gif

If I right click on where the image is supposed to be, I dont get an image
    but I get
    http://upload.smugmug.com/photos/toolthumbs.mg?tool=color&ImageID=84870984&type=colorcorrect
    On the page which says
    Color effects - Pick your desired result.

Caution, Please Read - after adjusting your photo, smugmug will no longer have a copy of your original. You cannot go back. smugmug strongly recommends checking to make sure you have a backup copy on your computer in case you ever want to go back to the un-adjusted original.
    Applying the changes can take a few minutes. Please be patient after making your choice.

thanks
    Yann
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2006
    daume wrote:
    If I right click on where the image is supposed to be, I dont get an image
    but I get
    http://upload.smugmug.com/photos/toolthumbs.mg?tool=color&ImageID=84870984&type=colorcorrect
    On the page which says

thanks
    Yann
    Hi Yann,

Color effects are down right now, we've made the fix and we'll get it out just as soon as we can, thanks for your patience and we're sorry for the trouble. I don't believe it will be too long at all...
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Yann,

Color effects are down right now, we've made the fix and we'll get it out just as soon as we can, thanks for your patience and we're sorry for the trouble. I don't believe it will be too long at all...

Ah thanks for your response :D .
    Is there a page that states what services are currently down?

Yann
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2006
    daume wrote:
    Ah thanks for your response :D .
    Is there a page that states what services are currently down?

Yann
    No, because it's rare that anything is down for very long.
  • Options
    kathy02kathy02 Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited August 8, 2006
    Cannot upload to my galleries either...
    I tried multiple times last nite (with just 2 images at a time) and there is nothing there today.

Just tried now, and the 2 images are still not appearing in my galleries.

What is up?
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2006
    kathy02 wrote:
    I tried multiple times last nite (with just 2 images at a time) and there is nothing there today.

Just tried now, and the 2 images are still not appearing in my galleries.

What is up?
    Hi Kathy, what uploader, what system (PC or Mac?), what browser are you using?

We'll get you sorted out! :D
  • Options
    flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2006
    "Continue Browsing" from shopping cart issue (https instead of http)
    When clicking on the "Continue Browsing"-button while in the shopping cart will generate a browser warning (if not surpressed). The warning notifies the user that there are non-safe items on the safe page.

This is the problem. The button submits this form (example):
    <form action="http[COLOR=red]s[/COLOR]://www.streetsofboston.com/gallery/994065">

It should be
    <form action="[COLOR=lime]http://www.streetsofboston.com/gallery/994065[/COLOR]">

-- Anton.
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
  • Options
    500paday500paday Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 13, 2006
    Yesterday I was doing some testing before I make my homepage visible and I have found two major problems.
    #1. Uploading via email does not work with every email account.
    I sent some test photos from my yahoo account and it worked perfectly.
    THen I sent a couple different photos via email from my other YAHOO email account and it did not work. Also tried to send from my network solutions email account and also would not work. I need for this to work as my website members will be uploading their photos via email. Why does this feature work with one Yahoo account but not the other? Or not from my website server based email? I am using TEXT not html.

#2. I love the GOOGLE MAP, But now that I have tagged one photo you cannot see the world map. All I see now is a happy face icon. and the scroll tools. How do I fix that? the only way you can see the map is to zoom out several times. A new visitor to my homepage would not know that and assume something is NOT working properly.
    THanks for your help.

Andy wrote:
    Please place any bug reports here. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2006
    500paday wrote:
    Yesterday I was doing some testing before I make my homepage visible and I have found two major problems.
    #1. Uploading via email does not work with every email account.
    I sent some test photos from my yahoo account and it worked perfectly.
    THen I sent a couple different photos via email from my other YAHOO email account and it did not work. Also tried to send from my network solutions email account and also would not work. I need for this to work as my website members will be uploading their photos via email. Why does this feature work with one Yahoo account but not the other? Or not from my website server based email? I am using TEXT not html.
    Unfortunately, not all email clients behave properly :( We are always trying to tweak the email uploader, so stay tuned.
    #2. I love the GOOGLE MAP, But now that I have tagged one photo you cannot see the world map. All I see now is a happy face icon. and the scroll tools. How do I fix that? the only way you can see the map is to zoom out several times. A new visitor to my homepage would not know that and assume something is NOT working properly.
    THanks for your help.
    tag some more photos, the zoom level is controlled by google, not us - you'll see the difference :)

wave.gif welcome to Dgrin!
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2006
    smugmugBlack.css has this code in it:
    .map_this {
    	width: 80px;
    	height: 15px;
    	vertical-align:	bottom;
    	background: url(/img/buttons/map_this_black.gif) no-repeat;
    	margin: 2px 0px 0px 5px;
    }
    .map_this {
    	background: url(/img/buttons/share_black.gif) no-repeat;
    }

That is removing all the map this buttons from any default themed site (including smugmug classic, dashed, and gradient) or any other site that uses a dark base for the customization or theme that hasn't used a custom map this button.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2006
    Mike Lane wrote:
    smugmugBlack.css has this code in it:
    .map_this {
    	background: url(/img/buttons/map_this_black.gif) no-repeat;
    }
    .map_this {
    	background: url(/img/buttons/share_black.gif) no-repeat;
    }

That is removing all the map this buttons from any default themed site (including smugmug classic, dashed, and gradient) or any other site that uses a dark base for the customization or theme that hasn't used a custom map this button.

Already b00ged it.
    Thanks Mike.
This discussion has been closed.