Options

SmugMug Bug Reporting Thread

Comments

• Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2006
    Try deleting all your cookies and try again. FWIW: I am running Safari as well and can login, no problems.
    Simon King wrote:
    I can log in OK with Firefox, so there's no panic, but for no reason that I can fatom Safri will no longer let me log in

I fill in the log in window OK, and it confirms that's I'M logged in UNTIL I then get auto-referred back to the page I was viewing or click on back to the page I was viewing, where it shows m,e as not being logged in

I have tried resetting safari, quitting, restarting but it still won't work

The last thing I did was use ONYX before I noticed the problem.

Any idea how to fix it?
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    {JT} wrote:
    Try deleting all your cookies and try again. FWIW: I am running Safari as well and can login, no problems.

Tried that first thing (sorry not to have mentioned), still baffled - it worked OK earlier in the day!

EDIT:Reinstalled Safari - OK now
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2006
    Gallery arranging gone haywire again!
    My galleries suddenly rearranged them selves after I deleted one subgategory gallery and now they won't let me reposition them

They APPEARED to be repositioned as I wanted, once, immediately after I changed the order but then they go back to a different position on next refresh

Yes:Cache cleared: happens in both Firefox and safari :On a Mac.

EDIT: OH VERY BIZARRE - now it works OK...Grrrheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gif
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2006
    Error not found
    http://blogs.smugmug.com/api/

error not foound

Just passing it on
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    Simon King wrote:
    http://blogs.smugmug.com/api/

error not foound

Just passing it on
    I don't see any problems here, what are you referring to, Simon?
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    The api portion of the smugmug blog isn't there...
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2006
    replacing .png files
    When replacing a file with a .png file using the 'replace photo' function, it does replace the image, but it also shows a white page with the text
    This probably is not a JPEG file

Tested in FFwin and Flock
  • Options
    mbradymbrady Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    IE Lightbox problem with horizontal scrollbars
    I've run into a problem with the lightbox and IE. Click a picture to get it to open in the lightbox. Now click the 'O' at the top to get the original size version. You now have vertical and horizontal scrollbars, this is normal and necessary to be able to see the whole image. However, in IE (Firefox tested ok), the horizontal scrollbar disappears as soon as the mouse goes over the image. If you manager to get the mouse down to the scrollbar without going over the image, you can use the horizontal scrollbar just fine. I've tried this on two sepatates PC's and got the same results.

I've tried it with a few different pictures, it doesn't seem to matter. But here's an example of a very wide image: http://www.ruama.com/gallery/608650/11/56595606

Matt
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    I just wanted to add some < and > to my gallery description using the the character code < and > , because not doing so would create illegal tags. When I edit the description again the character codes are transcribed to the < and > characters which results in a problem when I hit save again.

You shouldn't convert those character codes. Looks like a bug to me and I definately don't want to change them all back when I'm editing the description.
    Happens both using the edit-button and the gallery customization.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    mbrady wrote:
    I've run into a problem with the lightbox and IE. Click a picture to get it to open in the lightbox. Now click the 'O' at the top to get the original size version. You now have vertical and horizontal scrollbars, this is normal and necessary to be able to see the whole image. However, in IE (Firefox tested ok), the horizontal scrollbar disappears as soon as the mouse goes over the image. If you manager to get the mouse down to the scrollbar without going over the image, you can use the horizontal scrollbar just fine. I've tried this on two sepatates PC's and got the same results.

I've tried it with a few different pictures, it doesn't seem to matter. But here's an example of a very wide image: http://www.ruama.com/gallery/608650/11/56595606

Matt
    What version of IE are you seeing this on, please?

Can't replicate, IE6. Anyone else?
  • Options
    flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Maybe it is related to post #474 in this thread...?
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2006
    Andy wrote:

I can't either, but I've had exactly the same problem before at a friend's PC! I forgot about it, because it was just fine at mine. She was running WinXP SP1 with IE6 and I think 1024x768 with a maximized browser window. I think she also has the Yahoo toolbar if that makes a difference perhaps.

I know that it was very annoying.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2006
    I'm having keyword trouble! Out of the sudden (don't know for how long) an unknown number of my keywords disappeared. I only realized it looking at how many pictures are listed under my dailyphoto keyword. There are 665 shown, but it should be at 742 already. A while ago there were definately more than 700 listed!
    This gallery for example is missing completely in the dailyphoto keyword while all the pictures there have the keyword. This one shows only one picture for the keyword, while this one shows half of the pictures for the keyword. ne_nau.gif

I didn't change anything at the galleries except for maybe the gallery description. I don't know if the other keywords from those photos are invisible too. The ones I checked were there, but maybe instead completely different galleries have the problem. ne_nau.gif

I didn't tried to change anything yet and honestly I don't want to mess with keywords at all manually! That's why I saved them into IPTC so that I don't have to worry about them at all.

Help,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2006
    Redirect from www.smugmug.net is borked. For example www.smugmug.net/browse resolves to www.smugmug.com//browse. This seems be happening with any addresses.

While this creates no error in the browse example, it does for gallery links etc.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    ScalaScala Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    The rotate photos feature gives incorrect feedback when the user does not select any photos to rotate.

1) Go to the rotate page
    2) Select how to rotate or accept default
    3) Click the rotate button

A page is displayed saying "your photos are being rotated". Imagine the user coming back later to find the photos still not rotated... :)

Additionally the link back to the gallery does not work when no photos were selected. The gallery id is missing.

Usability is such a drag. I struggled for half an hour trying to get a photo rotated. It was the only one in a gallery so I did not expect to have to choose it on the rotate page. And yes, I did not bother to really read the instructions :)
    My smugmug site: www.majakorpi.net
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2006
    Redirect from www.smugmug.net is borked. For example www.smugmug.net/browse resolves to www.smugmug.com//browse. This seems be happening with any addresses.

While this creates no error in the browse example, it does for gallery links etc.

Sebastian
    It's not b0rked at all, we never said that you should be using any sort of smugmug.net addresses naughty.gif
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2006
    Help,
    Sebastian
    Known. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    It's not b0rked at all, we never said that you should be using any sort of smugmug.net addresses naughty.gif
    I know it's not official and I'm not using it, but looks to me like there's a slash too much in the redirect. If you've done this intentional I apologize for calling it b0rked. :D

Sebastian

EDIT: Oh, wait - you indeed done this intentional to brake any usage of this domain and to stop search engines to pick it up accidently! So you've got other (big) plans for that domain as it appears! Mysterious...let the guessing begin. :D
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2006
    I know it's not official and I'm not using it, but looks to me like there's a slash too much in the redirect. If you've done this intentional I apologize for calling it b0rked. :D

Sebastian

EDIT: Oh, wait - you indeed done this intentional to brake any usage of this domain and to stop search engines to pick it up accidently! So you've got other (big) plans for that domain as it appears! Mysterious...let the guessing begin. :D
    To tell the truth, I haven't a clue. But I did pass your finding along, to those that know. wave.gif
  • Options
    chuckcarrollchuckcarroll Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited June 24, 2006
    Original size pictures not showing in Sand theme
    When clicking through to an original size picture in a gallery which has the Sand theme, the picture doesn't show up. See for example http://chuckcarroll.smugmug.com/gallery/926320/1/42340368/Original or http://www.themes.smugmug.com/gallery/1101297/1/51232288/Original.
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2006
    When clicking through to an original size picture in a gallery which has the Sand theme, the picture doesn't show up. See for example http://chuckcarroll.smugmug.com/gallery/926320/1/42340368/Original or http://www.themes.smugmug.com/gallery/1101297/1/51232288/Original.

Not a bug. Working just fine, in your first link (see the scroll bar at the bottom of photo, that comes when photo is "Original Size". Second gallery, the photo was smaller than 800px on longest side.

Look here, here's a very large original:

http://andydemo.smugmug.com/gallery/1587996/3/77324727/Original

:)

wave.gif
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Not a bug. Working just fine, in your first link (see the scroll bar at the bottom of photo, that comes when photo is "Original Size". Second gallery, the photo was smaller than 800px on longest side.

Look here, here's a very large original:

http://andydemo.smugmug.com/gallery/1587996/3/77324727/Original

Nope, I don't see it. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like to me (IE 6.0):

77600706-O.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2006
    Nope, I don't see it. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like to me (IE 6.0):

77600706-Ti.jpg

Hi Chuck,

I too see the photo in all sizes on that page and on other pages. Try clearing all your cache and cookies, and see if that makes it work. IE is strange sometimes.
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Chuck,

I too see the photo in all sizes on that page and on other pages. Try clearing all your cache and cookies, and see if that makes it work. IE is strange sometimes.

Nope, I still don't see it. FWIW, this seems to happen only in the Sand theme--not in any of several other themes I've looked at.
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2006
    I downloaded the CSS file for the Sand theme and played around with it a bit, and I think I've found the issue:

In the "==Box==" section, you've got a subsection called "IE Guillotine Fix". (Actually, you've got three of the "IE Guillotine Fix" subsections--one applies to the box class, one to the boxTop class, and one to the boxBottom class.) I think the problem lies in the "_height: 1%" declaration applied to the box class, i.e., the one in the first of the three "IE Guillotine Fix" sections. If I comment out that line, it seems to fix the problem. It worked for all three of the examples here--the two I cited and the one you linked to as well.

I'm certainly no CSS guru--I know just enough to get myself in trouble--so I'm by no means guaranteeing that this won't break it for everyone else. :D
  • Options
    xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    Where did my post go ?
    It was here a minite a go.
    xtnomad :wink
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2006
    xtnomad wrote:
    You mean this? It probably got moved, because it doesn't seem to be a smugmug bug. While right-click protection grants a little bit of security it can be easily avoided due to the way the internet works. Look into the thread - there are already some hints on how to approach the issue.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    xtnomad wrote:
    I moved it. Sorry should have PM'd too but it was my last thing before I went to bed. You can always find your posts by clicking on your name right above your giraffe avatar and selecting find more posts by xtnomad. All your posts will be there even if they've been moved.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    Not sure if...
    these are a 'bugs' or a personal problem but...

1. I cannot stay logged into my smugmug home page. I have cleared cache, deleted cookies, etc. No matter what, I always have to re-log in. This *only* happens on my smugmug page, no other sites (dgrin, fredmiranda, dpreview, usefilm, etc.)

2. None of my galleries remember my 'preferred' image size. Every gallery *always* resorts to 'medium'. I select large, back out of a gallery and go back in, and there I am at 'medium' again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Homepage is here:

www.littlebigshotz.com

Browsers used:

IE 6
    IE 7
    Firefox (latest and greatest...)

Thanks,

Mongrel
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2006
    Mongrel wrote:
    these are a 'bugs' or a personal problem but...

1. I cannot stay logged into my smugmug home page. I have cleared cache, deleted cookies, etc. No matter what, I always have to re-log in. This *only* happens on my smugmug page, no other sites (dgrin, fredmiranda, dpreview, usefilm, etc.)

2. None of my galleries remember my 'preferred' image size. Every gallery *always* resorts to 'medium'. I select large, back out of a gallery and go back in, and there I am at 'medium' again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Homepage is here:

www.littlebigshotz.com

Browsers used:

IE 6
    IE 7
    Firefox (latest and greatest...)

Thanks,

Mongrel

Hi Mongrel

Sounds like a CNAME problem. Who are you set up with? Email me the details at help@smugmug and I'll look into it in the morning. I'll need your login info for the domain host page -

http://littlebigshotz.smugmug.com/ will keep you logged in no problem. You should be able to also on your custom name, if all is well. I'll also see if there's CNAME cookie problem on our end.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.