Options

Show Us Your New SmugMug Customized Sites!

Comments

• Options
    sdaztec25sdaztec25 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    Finally converted, check it out and let me know what you think. www.travismillerphoto.com

I am having an issue viewing the drop down menu on an ipad. I see the menu but when you click on the link nothing loads. Works fine on everything else.

Thanks,
    Travis
    Travis Miller Photography

| Canon EOS 7D | Canon 18-135mm IS | Canon 70-200mm f/4L IS |Canon 50mm f/1.4 |
  • Options
    Norwood49Norwood49 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 12, 2013
    looks good, shut of the smugmug header

Thanks and done!
    http://dongnorwood.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    2day2day Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    slipkid wrote: »
    Your pictures are real nice but your header is larger then your pictures. I would increase your slide show and make your header smaller.

Thanks for the heads up on these two problems. I think I've got it fixed. And thanks for the compliment about our pictures. :D
    Lois Doubleday
    www.imagingthat.co
  • Options
    TipsyTipsy Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    Here's my site http://www.tayookusanya.com. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for improvement. Ideally I would have preferred the social media icons to open on a new page.
  • Options
    CynthiaMCynthiaM Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    Tipsy wrote: »
    Here's my site http://www.tayookusanya.com. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for improvement. Ideally I would have preferred the social media icons to open on a new page.

Nice! A few questions for ya.
    How did you get your comments from the legacy site to transfer over? I thouhgt people were having issues with this.
    Are you using the smugmug contact from? How did you get your photo to replace the one from the smugmug form?

Thanks!
  • Options
    LemansLemans Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    Leman's Studios
    Hi,

I created a custom theme designed to be a brand and easily recognizable. The background, logo, etc are all custom and on purpose down to the color. The photography is obviously the most important aspect, but when you are marketing, eventually people start to remember and recognize your look. My web site has undergone evolution and makeovers to finally arrive at what it is, and will likely remain for some time. :)

www.lemansstudios.com
    Leman's Studios
  • Options
    SallyMSallyM Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited August 13, 2013
    www.sallymphotography.com
    Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on here. Here is my new SmugMug website which I am very happy with so far. www.sallymphotography.com

I need a little bit of help and I am hoping someone on here can assist. On my navigation bar I have one called Bio and it says (unlisted) next to it. Does anyone know how to remove the (unlisted).

Also, all of my images on the homepage show watermarks. I have disabled the watermarks and right click protected all of my galleries, however the watermarks still appear everywhere. Has anyone got a solution to this?

Please let me know your comments and feedback of the site aside from these couple of things.

Many thanks,
    Sally
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,239 moderator
    edited August 13, 2013
    SallyM wrote: »

...On my navigation bar I have one called Bio and it says (unlisted) next to it. Does anyone know how to remove the (unlisted).

Also, all of my images on the homepage show watermarks. I have disabled the watermarks and right click protected all of my galleries, however the watermarks still appear everywhere. Has anyone got a solution to this?
    Hi Sally -
    Your site looks good overall but I was a bit surprised that there is no identifying information on the page. Do you not want to include a banner with your site name?

I see that you have removed the breadcrumb without replacing it with something identifying the gallery. This means your viewer has no clue about what he or she is viewing. In addition, they have no easy way to get to other galleries in the same folder. I posted this for legacy smugmug a number of years ago but it still applies to the new smug - Are you really sure you want to hide the breadcrumb? Think of your viewers!

the Bio navbar link only says (unlisted) when you are logged in. If you want to remove that notation you need to change the page to Public instead of Unlisted.

Disabling watermarks isn't enough; you also need to remove them.
    • Go into the Organizer.
    • Click on the gallery for which you want to remove watermarks.
    • Click the wrench icon, then click Watermarks.
    • Select remove and click the photos you want to remove the watermarks from. Then click the watermark button.
    --- Denise
  • Options
    ramdiskramdisk Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    CynthiaM wrote: »
    How did you get your comments from the legacy site to transfer over? I thouhgt people were having issues with this.
    Are you using the smugmug contact from? How did you get your photo to replace the one from the smugmug form?

Thanks!

to change the photo that shows up on the smumug contact from, go to you "profile" and change you "profile photo"
    Nikon D70
    Nikkor 18-70mm
    Nikkor 70-300mm

My Gallery

Ahh! The joy of not much of anything.............
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2013
    Hi Sally -
    Your site looks good overall but I was a bit surprised that there is no identifying information on the page. Do you not want to include a banner with your site name?

I see that you have removed the breadcrumb without replacing it with something identifying the gallery. This means your viewer has no clue about what he or she is viewing. In addition, they have no easy way to get to other galleries in the same folder. I posted this for legacy smugmug a number of years ago but it still applies to the new smug - Are you really sure you want to hide the breadcrumb? Think of your viewers!

the Bio navbar link only says (unlisted) when you are logged in. If you want to remove that notation you need to change the page to Public instead of Unlisted.

Disabling watermarks isn't enough; you also need to remove them.
    • Go into the Organizer.
    • Click on the gallery for which you want to remove watermarks.
    • Click the wrench icon, then click Watermarks.
    • Select remove and click the photos you want to remove the watermarks from. Then click the watermark button.
    --- Denise

Hi Denise,

There is an identifying banner at the top which is my SallyMPhotography logo. Strange that you can't see it as I see it on every page. I better figure out what is going on there.

Thanks for the info on deleting the watermarks. They just look ugly on the home screen. Is there a way that the watermarks can remain on the images when viewed in large format but be removed from the small thumbnails on the homepage? Thanks.

Thanks so much for your comments. I wasn't aware what a breadcrumb was and didn't realise I had deleted it until you mentioned it. It is back on...

Sally
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2013
    Hi Denise,

There is an identifying banner at the top which is my SallyMPhotography logo. Strange that you can't see it as I see it on every page. I better figure out what is going on there.

Thanks for the info on deleting the watermarks. They just look ugly on the home screen. Is there a way that the watermarks can remain on the images when viewed in large format but be removed from the small thumbnails on the homepage? Thanks.

Thanks so much for your comments. I wasn't aware what a breadcrumb was and didn't realise I had deleted it until you mentioned it. It is back on...

Sally

I just logged off and could still see my logo on the top left. Can anyone else see it?

Something else weird about the logo. It always appears on the top left even when I scroll down to the bottom of the page. I have no idea how I made it do that but I don't like it. Does anyone know the solution so it stays in the top left and disappears off screen when the user scrolls down.

Thanks so much.

Sally
  • Options
    TipsyTipsy Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    CynthiaM wrote: »

Thanks!

Hi Cynthia,

SmugMug has fixed the problem. The comments now show.
    - Create a page for comments.
    - Select the page and go to customize site
    - Select "Just this page"
    - Drag a Comments block to the page
    - In the settings of the block, select your old comments gallery as the source
    - Done

You see your old comments appear on your site.

Yes I use the SM contact form. Upload your picture to your profile and I will auto load to the contact form.

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,239 moderator
    edited August 13, 2013

I just logged off and could still see my logo on the top left. Can anyone else see it?

Something else weird about the logo. It always appears on the top left even when I scroll down to the bottom of the page. I have no idea how I made it do that but I don't like it. Does anyone know the solution so it stays in the top left and disappears off screen when the user scrolls down.
    Sally -
    That's really odd, I still don't see a logo. There is a space for one, but no image.

I suspect you pinned the header. If you go to the settings for the entire site element I think you should see that option.

--- Denise
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013

Can't see it.

Its trying to load this image:
    http://www.sallymphotography.com/photos/i-BsqB93n/0/1200x150/i-BsqB93n-1200x150.png

Which is broken for me.

I bet its in a password-protected or private gallery.
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2013
    paulbrock wrote: »
    Can't see it.

Its trying to load this image:
    http://www.sallymphotography.com/photos/i-BsqB93n/0/1200x150/i-BsqB93n-1200x150.png

Which is broken for me.

I bet its in a password-protected or private gallery.

Thanks for the feedback. It is now in a gallery that is not password protected or private. Please let me know if you can see it? Thanks
  • Options
    HarmHarm Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback. It is now in a gallery that is not password protected or private. Please let me know if you can see it? Thanks

Yes, I can see it now.

This has been one seriously disappointing thing about the new smugmug. You cannot use anything in a hidden/password protected gallery/folder - I really do hope they code it up right so we can.

Otherwise the images just won't show up.

Which makes it doubly annoying when you want a super high quality photo on your homepage (normally in a hidden folder). I had to make a gallery, add in a photo, allow it to be seen in it's original size (which I am sure people would love to hit print screen and steal it) - just so my homepage has a nice quality image to attract people in.
  • Options
    TomRoperTomRoper Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    Harm wrote: »
    Yes, I can see it now.

This has been one seriously disappointing thing about the new smugmug. You cannot use anything in a hidden/password protected gallery/folder - I really do hope they code it up right so we can.

Otherwise the images just won't show up.

Which makes it doubly annoying when you want a super high quality photo on your homepage (normally in a hidden folder). I had to make a gallery, add in a photo, allow it to be seen in it's original size (which I am sure people would love to hit print screen and steal it) - just so my homepage has a nice quality image to attract people in.

A little off topic, but you can use unlisted galleries. This is what I am doing for my site files
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013

yep, working now. :)

Also to Smugmug, another reason for the return of visitor view please!
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2013
    paulbrock wrote: »
    yep, working now. :)

Also to Smugmug, another reason for the return of visitor view please!

Isn't that what the "preview" mode is for, when you are customising? That way, when you're happy, then you publish it.
  • Options
    Retired UPSerRetired UPSer Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    Just finished getting my site the way I want it.
    http://www.hiddentrailphotography.com/
  • Options
    CameoDanoneCameoDanone Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited August 13, 2013
    Here is what I have come up with so far. I still have more I want to change, but I figure this is a start. Any and all feedback welcome!

www.cameodanonephotography.com
  • Options
    DigiScapesDigiScapes Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    bachamp wrote: »
    Mine is now live.

Quite a bit of small customization, removing a lot of stuff I didn't want to see, key words and the like.

Still have a few problems, if you drag the window so its thinner you will get to a point where the nav menu wraps so I have 2 lines of text. Not sure how to fix it.

Another thing I'm trying to do is change the smugmug gallery style so the thumbnails are bigger and arranged in a landscape collage style.

---> www.benchampion.net <---

Love your site, I've been trying to replicate the look of your portfolio page but have no idea how you got the galleries like that. I uploaded some images that are wide angle images but can't seem to link them to the appropriate gallery. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I've not published that version yet so what you see is really just a place holder
    Brian -
    Digi-Scapes | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest
    Nikon D800 & D850 | Nikkor 70-200 f2.8 VR II | Nikkor 16-35 f/4 | Nikon TC-20E-III | Nikkor 70-300mm VR | Nikkor 50mm f1.8 | Nikon 24-120mm f/4G ED VR | Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G
  • Options
    inspiredbonnieinspiredbonnie Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 13, 2013
    www.inspiredbonnie.com
    My new Smugmug site customized by JR Customization. clap.gif
  • Options
    jerryrjerryr Registered Users Posts: 595 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
  • Options
    VNemethVNemeth Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    TomRoper wrote: »
    Vic,

Your site looks great. I also thought your menu font was a bit on the small side. Even though you have a 27" monitor, you need to look at what resolution your screen is set to. I have a 27" iMac, a 13" Mac Book Pro and a 14" Dell laptop and it is small on all screens when they are at their native resolution.
    If you have a 27" monitor your resolution should be something around 1920x1080 or even better at 2560x1440. The 1920x1080 resolution would still have a larger look on a monitor that size.
    You might want to set your menu text to a size of M, which should give a good balance of size for most monitors.

EDIT: Vic, looks like you made some changes since I viewed your site. The logo and menu text look much better.

Nate & Tom

I made a rookie mistake which I still am. I normally view my screen with it zoomed in 150%. So to me the text looks great. I forgot it was set this way when I made my site. So I have corrected it. I am still struggling on the best size. I have viewed my site on multiple devices with different resolutions and I find one setting doesn't look good on all monitors. So I tried to pick something in the middle.
    Thanks for the input.

Vic
  • Options
    SunGloSunGlo Registered Users Posts: 382 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    Here's my site: http://www.sunglophoto.com

I'm still modifying and fixing migration bugs, but you get the basic idea.

Phil
    SunGlo Photography
    www.sunglophoto.com
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • Options
    makeupmavenmakeupmaven Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 13, 2013
    Love your site, and your business! What a great idea!

JefCurtis wrote: »
    I've made some adjustments to the background when on mobile and added a background to the menu bar as well :-)

I hope you likey!

Boneheads.smugmug.com

-Jef
  • Options
    cwdesigncwdesign Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    Just made some other adjustments to the site.. If anyone has any comments or suggestions, I would really appreciate it. Its nice to get feedback whether it be positive or negative. I just want to make sure the site is user friendly and appealing to all. Thanks

www.adrianalajoie.com
    lajoiefoto.smugmug.com
    Bruce
    www.adrianalajoie.com
    lajoiefoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    TomRoperTomRoper Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    Just finished getting my site the way I want it.
    http://www.hiddentrailphotography.com/

Good job on the customization, nice images.
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2013
    cwdesign wrote: »
    Just made some other adjustments to the site.. If anyone has any comments or suggestions, I would really appreciate it. Its nice to get feedback whether it be positive or negative. I just want to make sure the site is user friendly and appealing to all. Thanks

www.adrianalajoie.com
    lajoiefoto.smugmug.com

Nice soft background on the homepage.

You may want to capitalize the "A" in before/after to be consistent