Options

smughack: bulk zoom thumbnail (super deluxe version)

Comments

• Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 20, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    Hi Barb,

Grab the latest javascript file, should fix your problem.

Cheers,

David

Perfect now - thank you!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    Works for me!

Thanks yo!
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    firedancing4lifefiredancing4life Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    Kevin,

Is it loading in the browser ?

Try again, ...if it is loading the footer.txt file in the browser, try viewing the source.

Hope this helps,

David

got it. I don't know why that was such a problem for me. I just have to give people the option to see my originals now. I get a whole bunch of pop up errors....hahaha when I run it.

Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 20, 2006
    got it. I don't know why that was such a problem for me. I just have to give people the option to see my originals now. I get a whole bunch of pop up errors....hahaha when I run it.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Kevin,

You just need to enable originals while you are using the bulk zoom thumbnail process. You can disable originals again when you are done.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    firedancing4lifefiredancing4life Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    bygates wrote:
    Hi Kevin,

You just need to enable originals while you are using the bulk zoom thumbnail process. You can disable originals again when you are done.

nice tip!

thanks...I don't really want to make those available unless requested. not like anyone would want to steal my amateur work anyways rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    QuinnPorterQuinnPorter Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    I can't thank you enough!!
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 21, 2006
    nice tip!

thanks...I don't really want to make those available unless requested. not like anyone would want to steal my amateur work anyways rolleyes1.gif

Kevin,

At present there is a limitation on this hack that the 'Originals' option must be turned on, at least will the thumbs are being processed. This mainly due to the way smugmug calculates the crop box size and coordinates, it's a ratio based off the width and height of the original image. So with out it, the zoomed thumbs aren't calculated correctly. I had planned to find another way to get this to work with having to enable this option, but at this stage I haven't had a chance.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    [UPDATED 20/02/2006 v2.1]

i have working on a new super deluxe version of my "bulk zoom thumbnail" hack.

Here's a screenshot of it in action... and a live demo here

54427158-L.jpg

The code for this hack is as follows...

- css code
    - javascript code
    - header/footer code

The limitations at this point in time are...

- supports "traditional", "all thumbs", "smugmug" and "smugmug small" styles
    - gallery must be public.

Any questions or problems, please reply to this post.

Cheers,

David

Hi David - I'm trying to upgrade my bulkzoom with your instructions above. Easy enough to copy and paste (thank you for that), but I'm not seeing anything when I open your "header/footer code" link above. Could you PM the code or just post the code in this form so I can copy/paste?

I did have the old code which worked in Traditional only but I'd like to update so I can use it in "All Thumbs".

Thanks a lot.

Ryan
    Ryan Oakley - www.ryanoakleyphotography.ca [My smugmug site]
    www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
    Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2006
    Bump for the last question posted Feb 26.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks,
    www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
    Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2006
    Oakley wrote:
    Bump for the last question posted Feb 26.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Sorry Ryan.

Email sent with footer.txt file :D
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    Sorry Ryan.

Email sent with footer.txt file :D

Perfect. Thanks David.

But now I'm getting the "Access to Originals" error. So, of course, I disabled Originals restriction in the gallery I'm working on... http://www.thepupil.ca/gallery/1125181 [edit - actually, now that I think of it - I didn't even have Originals restricted in this particular gallery...hmmm]

...but I'm still getting the error.

So I also got rid of the password protection...

Still nothing.

I'll keep working on it, but I'm not too sure what else to do.

Thanks,

Ryan
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2006
    Oakley wrote:
    Perfect. Thanks David.

But now I'm getting the "Access to Originals" error. So, of course, I disabled Originals restriction in the gallery I'm working on... http://www.thepupil.ca/gallery/1125181 [edit - actually, now that I think of it - I didn't even have Originals restricted in this particular gallery...hmmm]

...but I'm still getting the error.

So I also got rid of the password protection...

Still nothing.

I'll keep working on it, but I'm not too sure what else to do.

Thanks,

Ryan

make sure you have the latest javascript code from the first post, as the "access to originals" error was a problem introduced in the latest smugmug release...and fixed in my latest version.

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    make sure you have the latest javascript code from the first post, as the "access to originals" error was a problem introduced in the latest smugmug release...and fixed in my latest version.

David

Got the latest...still getting the error...
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2006
    Oakley wrote:
    Got the latest...still getting the error...

i'm at work and it's hard for me to debug right now, but can you insert the line below into the code (in red) and then post a screen shot of the message box..
    function processThumbnailEXIF(response)
    {
      re = /\/photos\/(\d+)\-(O|L|M|S)(\-\d+)?\.jpg[\s\S]+,(\d+),(\d+),false/;

re.exec(URLDecode(response));
    [B][COLOR=Red]  alert(URLDecode(response)); [/COLOR][/B] 

if (RegExp.$2 != "O")
      {
        toggleDIV('','ajaxWorking','block');
        alert("Error: bulk zoom thumbnail requires access to originals.");
        return;
      }</pre>

Thanks,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    i'm at work and it's hard for me to debug right now, but can you insert the line below into the code (in red) and then post a screen shot of the message box..

function processThumbnailEXIF(response)
    {
      re = /\/photos\/(\d+)\-(O|L|M|S)(\-\d+)?\.jpg[\s\S]+,(\d+),(\d+),false/;

re.exec(URLDecode(response));
    [B][COLOR=red]alert(URLDecode(response)); [/COLOR][/B]

if (RegExp.$2 != "O")
      {
        toggleDIV('','ajaxWorking','block');
        alert("Error: bulk zoom thumbnail requires access to originals.");
        return;

}

</PRE>

Thanks,

David

58264048-L.jpg

Which leads to another question - is there a way to post a "print screen" on dgrin without having to load it up to your smugmug site???

Good luck...and if you can't read the error message, I'll crop and post it again.

Tomorrow...time for bed.

Thanks a lot for your help David.

Ryan

EDIT - here's the crop...

58264291-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2006
    Oakley wrote:

58264291-L.jpg

Does this happen in every gallery ?

What browser are you using ?

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    Does this happen in every gallery ?

What browser are you using ?

David

Yes, every gallery - and I'm using IE6 and I've also tried Firefox at home.
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2006
    Oakley wrote:
    Yes, every gallery - and I'm using IE6 and I've also tried Firefox at home.

interesting.....

see where it says /photo/-O-.jpg, it's missing the image number, as well as the image dimensions in another part.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2006
    what are ur settings for 'Large' and 'Protected' ?
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    what are ur settings for 'Large' and 'Protected' ?

<TABLE cellSpacing=10 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD noWrap>Larges</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'how+can+I+control+my+original+photos%3F','As+the+gallery+owner%2C+you+have+the+option+of+locking+people+out+from+seeing+your+Large+%28800px%29+size+images.++%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EThey%27ll+be+permitted+to+see+the+Medium+%28600px%29+photos%2C+but+not+the+Large+size.++%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EThis+protection+scheme+shouldn%27t+be+considered+flawless%2C+but+should+keep+the+vast+majority+of+browsers+away+from+your+full-sized+work.','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>Yes: <INPUT id=Larges tabIndex=35 type=radio CHECKED value=1 name=Larges> No:<INPUT id=Larges tabIndex=36 type=radio value=0 name=Larges></TD><TD>can people view your Large sized photos?</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD noWrap>Protected</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'can+I+prevent+downloads+of+my+photos%3F','Adding+right-click+prevention+will+disallow+users+the+easiest+way+to+save+your+photos.+Our+protection+will+prevent+most+users+from+being+able+to+download+your+photos%2C+but+should+not+be+considered+the+most+secure+prevention.','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>Yes: <INPUT id=Protected tabIndex=37 type=radio value=1 name=Protected> No:<INPUT id=Protected tabIndex=38 type=radio CHECKED value=0 name=Protected></TD><TD>right-click protect your photos?</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2006
    <TABLE cellSpacing=10 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD>Public</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'what+does+public+mean%3F','This+setting+determines+whether+this+gallery+shows+up+in+search+results+and+on+your+homepage.+%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3E+It+doesn%27t+make+it+impossible+for+people+to+see+your+photos%2C+just+difficult+to+find.++You+can+still+send+friends+the+URL+directly%2C+they+just+can%27t+find+it+easily+by+searching.%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3E+For+example%2C+if+you+set+up+a+gallery+just+for+display+on+eBay%2C+you+may+not+want+that+gallery+to+show+up+in+general+search+results.++%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3E+If+you+really+want+a+private+gallery%2C+though%2C+then+you+should+set+a+Password+on+it.','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD noWrap width=140>Yes: <INPUT id=Public tabIndex=9 type=radio CHECKED value=1 name=Public> No:<INPUT id=Public tabIndex=10 type=radio value=0 name=Public></TD><TD>is this visible in search results and on your homepage? can still share with ShareGroups if not</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD>Filenames</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'filenames+as+captions%3F','If+you%27ve+set+a+caption+on+a+photo%2C+that+caption+will+always+be+displayed%2C+even+if+this+option+is+turned+on.++%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EHowever%2C+for+photos+without+captions+already+set%2C+you+can+enable+this+option+to+display+your+filename+instead+of+the+caption.+%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3E+It+strips+off+the+extension+%28.JPG%29+and+just+displays+the+name+of+the+file.','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>Yes: <INPUT id=Filenames tabIndex=11 type=radio value=1 name=Filenames> No:<INPUT id=Filenames tabIndex=12 type=radio CHECKED value=0 name=Filenames></TD><TD>for photos without captions, show the filename instead of nothing?</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD>Comments</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'how+do+comments+work%3F','You+can+allow+people+to+have+the+ability+to+comment+on%2C+and+rate%2C+your+gallery+and+its+photos%2C+if+you%27d+like.++%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EWhen+enabled%2C+they%27ll+be+able+to+see+other+comments+and+post+their+own%2C+as+well+as+see+an+overall+rating.','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>Yes: <INPUT id=Comments tabIndex=13 type=radio CHECKED value=1 name=Comments> No:<INPUT id=Comments tabIndex=14 type=radio value=0 name=Comments></TD><TD>do you want people to read and post comments about your photos?</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD noWrap>Ext Links</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'what+are+external+links%3F','Most+people+enjoy+linking+their+photos+externally%2C+whether+it%27s+to+post+photos+in+their+favorite+message+forums%2C+or+to+sell+things+on+eBay.++Occasionally%2C+though%2C+a+malicious+user+on+the+net+may+use+your+photos+in+their+links%2C+running+your+bandwidth+up.+%3Cbr+%2F%3E%3Cbr+%2F%3EYou+have+the+option+of+turning+off+external+links+and+preventing+that+sort+of+behavior.','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>Yes: <INPUT id=External tabIndex=15 type=radio CHECKED value=1 name=External> No:<INPUT id=External tabIndex=16 type=radio value=0 name=External></TD><TD>are external links (eBay, forums, etc) allowed for this gallery?</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD noWrap>Camera Info</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'what+type+of+camera+info%3F','Most+digital+cameras+can+store+all+sorts+of+useful+information+inside+your+photographs%2C+such+as+the+type+of+camera+used%2C+the+time+the+photo+was+taken%2C+and+the+type+of+lens.%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3Esmugmug+makes+it+easy+to+show+or+hide+this+information.++It%27s+up+to+you%21','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>Yes: <INPUT id=EXIF tabIndex=17 type=radio CHECKED value=1 name=EXIF> No:<INPUT id=EXIF tabIndex=18 type=radio value=0 name=EXIF></TD><TD>should extra camera information be visible?</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD noWrap>Easy Sharing</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'how+does+easy+sharing+work%3F','When+turned+on%2C+Easy+Sharing+causes+a+handy+button+to+be+located+underneath+each+photo+that+makes+it+easy+to+share+your+photos+with+your+friends%2C+post+them+on+eBay+auctions%2C+or+share+them+in+online+forums.%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EIf+you+prefer+not+to+make+sharing+easy%2C+though%2C+you+can+disable+it+right+here.','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>Yes: <INPUT id=Share tabIndex=19 type=radio CHECKED value=1 name=Share> No:<INPUT id=Share tabIndex=20 type=radio value=0 name=Share></TD><TD>do you want the 'share with friends' button?</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD noWrap>Friends Edit</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'how+does+friends+editing+work%3F','You+can+flag+other+smugmug+customers+as+friends.++If+you+do+so%2C+and+turn+this+feature+on%2C+they%27ll+be+able+to+edit+only+the+caption+and+keywords+for+the+photos+in+this+gallery.++For+example%2C+they+can+add+their+name+to+photos+they%27re+in.','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>Yes: <INPUT id=FriendEdit tabIndex=21 type=radio value=1 name=FriendEdit> No:<INPUT id=FriendEdit tabIndex=22 type=radio CHECKED value=0 name=FriendEdit></TD><TD>can your friends edit captions & keywords?</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD noWrap>Family Edit</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'how+does+family+editing+work%3F','You+can+flag+other+smugmug+customers+as+family.++If+you+do+so%2C+and+turn+this+feature+on%2C+they%27ll+be+able+to+edit+only+the+caption+and+keywords+for+the+photos+in+this+gallery.++For+example%2C+they+can+add+their+name+to+photos+they%27re+in.','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>Yes: <INPUT id=FamilyEdit tabIndex=23 type=radio value=1 name=FamilyEdit> No:<INPUT id=FamilyEdit tabIndex=24 type=radio CHECKED value=0 name=FamilyEdit></TD><TD>can your family edit captions & keywords?</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD align=right>NOTE:</TD><TD align=left colSpan=2>Want to block printing and copying? See this help section.</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD>Printable?</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'how+does+printing+work%3F','If+you+answer+Yes%2C+you+and+your+friends+will+be+able+to+have+professional%2C+lab-quality+photos+printed+and+mailed+right+to+your+doorstep+of+any+photos+in+your+gallery.++%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EIf+you+answer+No%2C+no+one+will+be+able+to+get+prints+from+this+gallery.','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>Yes: <INPUT id=Printable tabIndex=25 type=radio CHECKED value=1 name=Printable> No:<INPUT id=Printable tabIndex=26 type=radio value=0 name=Printable unchecked></TD><TD>can people order prints of these photos?</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD noWrap>Originals</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'how+can+I+control+my+original+photos%3F','As+the+gallery+owner%2C+you+have+the+option+of+locking+people+out+from+seeing+your+full-resolution+original+images.++%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EThey%27ll+be+permitted+to+see+the+Medium+%28600px%29+and+Large+%28800px%29+photos%2C+but+not+the+Originals.++%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EThis+protection+scheme+shouldn%27t+be+considered+flawless%2C+but+should+keep+the+vast+majority+of+browsers+away+from+your+full-sized+work.','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>Yes: <INPUT id=Originals tabIndex=27 type=radio CHECKED value=1 name=Originals> No:<INPUT id=Originals tabIndex=28 type=radio value=0 name=Originals></TD><TD>can people view your Original full-size photos?</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD noWrap>Clean</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'how+can+I+control+my+original+photos%3F','The+Clean+option+refers+to+the+gallery%27s+display+on+your+homepage+and+within+categories.%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EWith+it+enabled%2C+the+description+and+the+time+when+photos+were+last+added+will+be+hidden%2C+rather+than+displayed+as+they+are+by+default.','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>Yes: <INPUT id=Clean tabIndex=29 type=radio CHECKED value=1 name=Clean> No:<INPUT id=Clean tabIndex=30 type=radio value=0 name=Clean></TD><TD>hide description and update time on homepage?</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD noWrap>Hide Owner</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'how+can+I+hide+my+ownership%3F','The+Hide+Owner+option+allows+you+to+remove+the+navigation%2C+breadcrumbs%2C+and+everything+else+that+associates+the+gallery+with+your+account.++No-one+will+be+able+to+tell+that+you%27re+the+owner.%3Cbr+%2F%3E%0A','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>Yes: <INPUT id=HideOwner tabIndex=31 type=radio value=1 name=HideOwner> No:<INPUT id=HideOwner tabIndex=32 type=radio CHECKED value=0 name=HideOwner></TD><TD>hide your name and navigation?</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD noWrap>Geography</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'how+can+I+hide+my+photo+locations%3F','By+enabling+geography%2C+you+can+let+viewers+see+where+you+took+your+photos.++If+you+just+got+back+from+a+vacation+to+Italy%2C+for+example%2C+and+used+a+camera+with+GPS%2C+everyone+can+see+your+photos+laid+out+on+a+map+of+the+country.%3Cbr+%2F%3E%0A','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>Yes: <INPUT id=Geography tabIndex=33 type=radio CHECKED value=1 name=Geography> No:<INPUT id=Geography tabIndex=34 type=radio value=0 name=Geography></TD><TD>show and use the mapping features?</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD noWrap>Larges</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'how+can+I+control+my+original+photos%3F','As+the+gallery+owner%2C+you+have+the+option+of+locking+people+out+from+seeing+your+Large+%28800px%29+size+images.++%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EThey%27ll+be+permitted+to+see+the+Medium+%28600px%29+photos%2C+but+not+the+Large+size.++%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EThis+protection+scheme+shouldn%27t+be+considered+flawless%2C+but+should+keep+the+vast+majority+of+browsers+away+from+your+full-sized+work.','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>Yes: <INPUT id=Larges tabIndex=35 type=radio CHECKED value=1 name=Larges> No:<INPUT id=Larges tabIndex=36 type=radio value=0 name=Larges></TD><TD>can people view your Large sized photos?</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD noWrap>Protected</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'can+I+prevent+downloads+of+my+photos%3F','Adding+right-click+prevention+will+disallow+users+the+easiest+way+to+save+your+photos.+Our+protection+will+prevent+most+users+from+being+able+to+download+your+photos%2C+but+should+not+be+considered+the+most+secure+prevention.','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>Yes: <INPUT id=Protected tabIndex=37 type=radio value=1 name=Protected> No:<INPUT id=Protected tabIndex=38 type=radio CHECKED value=0 name=Protected></TD><TD>right-click protect your photos?</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD noWrap>Watermarking</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'what+does+a+watermark+do%3F','By+choosing+to+add+a+watermark%2C+we+will+overlay+a+semi-transparent+image+on+top+of+your+photo.+This+will+let+users+still+be+able+to+view+your+photo%2C+but+not+use+them+for+reproduction+purposes.','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>Yes: <INPUT id=Watermark tabIndex=39 type=radio value=1 name=Watermark> No:<INPUT id=Watermark tabIndex=40 type=radio CHECKED value=0 name=Watermark></TD><TD>watermark your photos when uploaded?</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD noWrap>Default Color</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'why+choose+a+default+color%3F','This+Pro-only+option+allows+you+to+set+the+default+color+settings+for+prints+when+they%27re+added+to+the+shopping+cart.++If+you%27re+sure+they%27re+color-calibrated+correctly%2C+select+TRUE%2C+otherwise%2C+select+AUTO.%3Cbr+%2F%3E%0A','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>True: <INPUT id=DefaultColor tabIndex=41 type=radio CHECKED value=1 name=DefaultColor> Auto:<INPUT id=DefaultColor tabIndex=42 type=radio value=0 name=DefaultColor></TD><TD>for prints, default to True or Auto?</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD noWrap align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD>Appearance</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'what+does+choosing+custom+do%3F','As+a+power+user%2C+it+looks+like+you%27ve+created+a+custom+look+%26+feel+for+your+smugmug+section.++You+still+have+the+choice%2C+though%2C+of+whether+each+gallery+looks+like+smugmug+or+your+custom+look.','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD noWrap>smugmug: <INPUT tabIndex=43 type=radio value=1 name=Header> custom:<INPUT tabIndex=44 type=radio CHECKED value=0 name=Header></TD><TD>if you want your custom look & feel</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD>Style</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'what+does+choosing+a+style+do%3F','Instead+of+giving+your+viewers+full+control+over+their+viewing+style%2C+you+can+force+a+particular+viewing+style+that%27s+more+appropriate+for+your+photos.','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD><SELECT id=TemplateID tabIndex=45 name=TemplateID> <OPTION value=0 selected>Viewer Controlled</OPTION> <OPTION value=3>smugmug</OPTION> <OPTION value=10>smugmug small</OPTION> <OPTION value=4>traditional</OPTION> <OPTION value=7>all thumbs</OPTION> <OPTION value=8>slideshow</OPTION> <OPTION value=9>journal</OPTION> <OPTION value=11>filmstrip</OPTION> <OPTION value=12>critique</OPTION></SELECT></TD><TD>if you'd like to force a gallery style</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD noWrap>Sort By</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'what+does+the+sorting+option+do%3F','This+option+determines+what+order+your+photos+are+displayed+in.++If+you%27d+like+to+organize+by+Caption+or+Filename%2C+simply+select+either+of+those+options.','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD><SELECT id=SortMethod tabIndex=46 name=SortMethod> <OPTION value=Position selected>Position</OPTION> <OPTION value=Caption>Caption</OPTION> <OPTION value=FileName>Filenames</OPTION> <OPTION value=Date>Date Uploaded</OPTION> <OPTION value=DateTime>Date Modified (if available)</OPTION> <OPTION value=DateTimeOriginal>Date Taken (if available)</OPTION></SELECT></TD><TD>how would you like your photos sorted?</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=left><TD align=right><TABLE height=1 width=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD noWrap>Sort Direction</TD><TD noWrap><SUP class="helpie title" onmouseover="createHelpie(event,'what+does+the+sort+direction+change%3F','This+option+determines+which+direction+your+photos+will+be+sorted+by.++If+you+choose+Ascending%2C+for+example%2C+%27Apple%27+will+appear+before+%27Zebra%27%2C+and+%27001%27+will+appear+before+%27099%27.++Descending+is+the+reverse%2C+so+%27Zebra%27+would+appear+first.','200');" onmouseout="removeHelpie(); ">?</SUP> </TD><TD> ></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD><SELECT id=SortDirection tabIndex=47 name=SortDirection> <OPTION value=0 selected>Ascending (1-99, A-Z, etc)</OPTION> <OPTION value=1>Descending (99-1, Z-A, etc)</OPTION></SELECT></TD><TD>in which direction would you like them sorted?</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Here are my settings for the gallery.
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 3, 2006
    ryan, what size are your originals? maybe the O sizes arent getting returned because your originals are the same size as larges?

ne_nau.gif

i'm totally shooting in the dark on this one...
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    ryan, what size are your originals? maybe the O sizes arent getting returned because your originals are the same size as larges?

ne_nau.gif

Lee,

it's not a matter of the wrong size being returned. The original is being returned but with incorrect info.

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:

ne_nau.gif

To answer your question anyway BWG -

original size: 2592px x 1944px

- which are much larger then the 800px x 600px large...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:

ne_nau.gif

Any resolution to OAKLEY's issue...I loaded the 3 section of code from the 1st post of this thread and I'm getting the same error. My originals are enabled, but I still get the error...I'm running FF....I removed the code for now since it's not working.
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2006
    Any resolution to OAKLEY's issue...I loaded the 3 section of code from the 1st post of this thread and I'm getting the same error. My originals are enabled, but I still get the error...I'm running FF....I removed the code for now since it's not working.

yes, I have made some progress, but I need to do some more investigating tonight.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    jefflukejeffluke Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    yes, I have made some progress, but I need to do some more investigating tonight.

So I downloaded all the code from the first post and It didn't quite work:
    - The save changes box is hidden and I am unable to get to it.[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/GX150/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]
    - Can you change an entire gallery or just page by page (9 at a time)? I didn't see where I could change all the photos in the gallery.

Any suggestions?
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 15, 2006
    jeffluke wrote:
    So I downloaded all the code from the first post and It didn't quite work:
    - The save changes box is hidden and I am unable to get to it.[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/GX150/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]
    - Can you change an entire gallery or just page by page (9 at a time)? I didn't see where I could change all the photos in the gallery.

Any suggestions?

for a whole gallery, just open it up in allthumbs view and bulkzoom from there.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    jefflukejeffluke Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    for a whole gallery, just open it up in allthumbs view and bulkzoom from there.
    Much better. I still can't see the sve button though. I can shift-tab-enter to save my changes, so I can get by.
    By chance can you help me with a little issue with my homepage? This tool may cure the problem, but before I go do this to all my galleries, I'm trying to have all my images appear in 3-rows by 3-columns (and eventually more) on my homepage. But, because all my thumbs are different sizes, it caused them to appear all over the place. I wanted descriptions on my homepage as well, but in attempt to get them alligned, I took the descriptions off. Is there a way within CSS I can tell the images to allign, regardless of the size of the thumbnail? Oh, and you cant change a video thumbnail, so that's messing up the order as well.
    http://jeffluke.smugmug.com/
    Assistance is appreciated...as allways!
  • Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2006
    OK I pasted the CSS in the CSS box, The Java in the Java box and the header/footer in the footer box. Used the code from post #1. Turned on the originals in gallery customization. Turned off the protection.....

Check out this page.

http://www.brandolinoimaging.com/gallery/1078359

I keep getting an error that originals need to be enabled. I'm also getting the bulk zoom selection box twice on the top of the page.

HELP....
This discussion has been closed.