Options

SmugMug weekly maintenance window: Thursday night / Friday morning

Comments

• Options
    justusjustus Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2008
    SM not working?
    Can't seem to get into my website and upload ordered photos this afternoon. Can't access the site from my other computer either.

Are we down?headscratch.gif
    Linda
    Justus Photography
    www.lindasherrill.com
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2008
    justus wrote:
    Can't seem to get into my website and upload ordered photos this afternoon. Can't access the site from my other computer either.

We are up!
    Hi, we can hit your site http://sherrill.smugmug.com just fine. If you continue to have issues, write our help desk we have some diagnostics for you to run, okay?
  • Options
    Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2008
    justus wrote:

I had the same problem with my site. Its working now though? I was really confused, cause I couldn't go to dgrin.com or smugmug.com for like an hour. Although I was still able to go to my site via jeremywinterberg.smugmug.com but not winterbergphotography.com... I was confused but all is well. and it was just those sites, I was able to go to any other website.

just so I can know... was something going down during that short downtime?
    Jer
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2008
    I had the same problem with my site. Its working now though? I was really confused, cause I couldn't go to dgrin.com or smugmug.com for like an hour. Although I was still able to go to my site via jeremywinterberg.smugmug.com but not winterbergphotography.com... I was confused but all is well. and it was just those sites, I was able to go to any other website.

just so I can know... was something going down during that short downtime?
    Jeremy, if you could get to

jeremywinterberg.smugmug.com but not winterbergphotography.com...

Then the issue was with your domain host, not SmugMug.
  • Options
    Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Jeremy, if you could get to

jeremywinterberg.smugmug.com but not winterbergphotography.com...

Then the issue was with your domain host, not SmugMug.

See, thats where I'm confused, my other website through the same provider was working fine, so no, it wasn't them. but whatever, its working now, so all is well.
    Jer
  • Options
    jhelmsjhelms Registered Users Posts: 651 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    Did this week's maint. start early? Just curious, 1030pm e.s.t. and neither www.johntookmypicture.com or jhelms.smugmug.com is coming up for me...
    John in Georgia
    Nikon | Private Photojournalist
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2009
    jhelms wrote:
    Did this week's maint. start early? Just curious, 1030pm e.s.t. and neither www.johntookmypicture.com or jhelms.smugmug.com is coming up for me...
    Working fine here, both of your addresses. Still an issue? If so, write our heroes, okay? Smuggy is all systems go.
  • Options
    jhelmsjhelms Registered Users Posts: 651 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Working fine here, both of your addresses. Still an issue? If so, write our heroes, okay? Smuggy is all systems go.

Weird, working fine for me this morning - must have just been a quirk last night.

Thanks guys! :cheers:
    John in Georgia
    Nikon | Private Photojournalist
  • Options
    agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    Very sluggish today. Trying rearranging Fine Art galleries and won't do?
    Acadiana Al
    Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
    Blog: Journey to the Light
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    agallia wrote:
    Very sluggish today.

yesterday was ultra sluggish. today it's much much better for me.
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    agallia wrote:
    Very sluggish today. Trying rearranging Fine Art galleries and won't do?
    Hi Al. Can you please run some tests for us and email the results to the Heroes: http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal.

First run a Traceroute from SmugMug to you. We've got a handy tool to help us see the connection quality between you and SmugMug. Go here:
    http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/traceroute.mg
    You will see the results on your screen and also receive an email with the results that you can send to us.

Then run a Traceroute from you to SmugMug:

Try these instructions to run a traceroute on a PC:
    http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/2959046

To run a traceroute on a Mac, follow the instructions here:
    http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/3073291

Finally please run a Line Quality test:

You go here: http://www.dslreports.com/linequality
    Sign up and run the test. Registration there is free. After you run the test, copy the link to the results for us. That will let us know if there is an issue with the line preventing photos from arriving to our servers. Email us the link to the results when you get them.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2009
    gluwater wrote:
    Hi Al. Can you please run some tests for us and email the results to the Heroes...Email us the link to the results when you get them.
    Hi, Nick. Three tests completed and emailed to Heroes. Tests seemed okay. Had a bit of problem with DSL Reports Line Quality. Their instructions for Norton are very old. I finally set my router to allow pingback and worked okay then.

Anyway, running latest updates of XP Home and FF with no problem until this AM. Cleared FF cache, rebooted and tried again. 'Arrange' simply doesn't work when trying to use for galleries under Fine Art category. Selected last gallery, PhotoArt, and moved to first place and saved. Gallery remains in last spot. Have tried a number of times. Doubt if it is a connection problem. Help headscratch.gif
    Acadiana Al
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2009
    agallia wrote:
    'Arrange' simply doesn't work when trying to use for galleries under Fine Art category. Selected last gallery, PhotoArt, and moved to first place and saved. Gallery remains in last spot. Have tried a number of times. Doubt if it is a connection problem. Help headscratch.gif
    I was able to move it first time... http://agallia.smugmug.com/Fine%20Art

what browser, Al?
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    I was able to move it first time... http://agallia.smugmug.com/Fine%20Art

what browser, Al?
    Okay, Andy! Works fine for me too now...moved 3 times thumb.gif. Don't know what the problem was. FYI...using FF 3.0.10. Thanks for help.

Looking forward to checking out the new Easy Cust. Too.
    Acadiana Al
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2009
    com3 wrote:
    yesterday was ultra sluggish. today it's much much better for me.

taking several minutes to load 1/4th of a page on smugmug for me right now.
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2009
    We're using the window tonight.
    http://smugmug.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2009
    We'll be using this window on Thursday night this week.
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    We'll be using this window on Thursday night this week.
    http://smugmug.wordpress.com/2009/05/13/51409-scheduled-maintenance/

(that was posted yesterday) deal.gif
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2009
  • Options
    npudarnpudar Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    Login issue
    Last night (and this morning) I am not able to log in to my account. (I first discovered this with Jeffrey's Lightroom Plugin retruning an error -- the I couldn't get in manually.) I thought maybe a Smugmug system cahnge might have generated a new password, so I requested a "forgotten password" ping last night -- and I still have not received a response. (I use IE 7)

Any ideas on what is happening?

Nick

(EDIT: Wow, that was fast! It's now working.)
  • Options
    Li_PhotoLi_Photo Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 24, 2009
    I'm having login problems right now... is the site having issues? even my slide show on home pg is not working and is asking for a password?! ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    ZegeZege Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    yep, I have same problem with login.
  • Options
    Li_PhotoLi_Photo Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 24, 2009
    Zege wrote:
    yep, I have same problem with login.

So I guess it's a smugmug issue. hopefully it'll get backup and running tomorrow. The good thing is that all my galleries are still working fine just can't login.
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2009
    Li_Photo wrote:
    I'm having login problems right now... is the site having issues? even my slide show on home pg is not working and is asking for a password?! ne_nau.gif
    It was a temporary glitch last night, sorry! All fixed.
  • Options
    AlpineLakesAlpineLakes Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 25, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    It was a temporary glitch last night, sorry! All fixed.

I can log into the site but SendTo SmugMug authentication doesn't seem to be working (hasn't all day).
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2009
    I can log into the site but SendTo SmugMug authentication doesn't seem to be working (hasn't all day).
    Contact developer, here: http://www.shahine.com/omar/ thanks!
  • Options
    HamSmugglerHamSmuggler Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    SmugMug-maintenance-growing.jpg

The site you are trying to access is hosted by SmugMug.

We're having some temporary technical difficulties. We're working on them at the moment, and expect service to return shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience. We're investigating a problem with the site. Hopefully it'll only take a few minutes. We're not happy about it, of course, but we are prepared for it and expect there to be no data loss or any long-term reduction in service. You can learn more and follow our progess on our Support Forum and our Service Updates Blog. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Couldn't find info on this using above links ?
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2009
    SmugMug-maintenance-growing.jpg

The site you are trying to access is hosted by SmugMug.

We're having some temporary technical difficulties. We're working on them at the moment, and expect service to return shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience. We're investigating a problem with the site. Hopefully it'll only take a few minutes. We're not happy about it, of course, but we are prepared for it and expect there to be no data loss or any long-term reduction in service. You can learn more and follow our progess on our Support Forum and our Service Updates Blog. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Couldn't find info on this using above links ?
    Try now.
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Try now.

no workie!
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    com3 wrote:
    no workie!