AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Um, I meant the links like to http://smugmug.wordpress.com/

Just read this there:
    "SmugMug is currently offline. It’s for just about the dumbest reason I’ve ever seen for a site being offline (our load balancer licenses expired – and the guy in charge of them knew they were expiring – but it had slipped his mind).

Thanks to the nature of the outage, we can’t even put up a friendly and apologetic error message, which makes things even worse.

Needless to say, we’re very embarrassed and working on getting it resolved. A thousand apologies for this stupid outage. "

I bet there were a few choice words and some:
    :whip :hang :bwg :gun2

sorry I couldn't resist! :lol4
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2009
    I Simonius wrote:
    I bet there were a few choice words and some

http://twitter.com/DonMacAskill/status/2522494073
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    stinkydiver60stinkydiver60 Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    Are there still issues
    I have been unable to upload pictures this week and just gave it another try with various uploaders with no luck. So I looked around and found this thread. Are these download problems due to inhouse issues at Smugmug? Or is everthing up and running?
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2009
    I have been unable to upload pictures this week and just gave it another try with various uploaders with no luck. So I looked around and found this thread. Are these download problems due to inhouse issues at Smugmug? Or is everthing up and running?
    No, but we changed our uploader a week ago - write our heroes and we'll help you asap. http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal
  • Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    No, but we changed our uploader a week ago - write our heroes and we'll help you asap. http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal

i like the new uploader better... it doesn't "hang up" on the jpegs until i close the browser like the old one did... you know...like, upload a photo then can't rename it or delete it or anything since it's "still in use." plus it doesn't have that stupid always-on-top pop up in the way either. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2009
  • Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Scheduled Maintenance
    Scheduled maintenance from last night seems to have been extended into this morning - no updates since last night - how much longer will this go on? Just wondering. Thanks.
  • Options
    jacyjoypalsjacyjoypals Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Another Q?

Does this maintenance include owners not able to access; my password is correct but keep getting a non-entry and a repeated request for password?
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2009
    sara505 wrote:
    no updates since last night -

We've been updating, just 30mins ago or so... http://smugmug.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2009
    Another Q?

Does this maintenance include owners not able to access; my password is correct but keep getting a non-entry and a repeated request for password?
    Thanks
    Read Only mode means you can't log in, correct. But you can browse, and view photos.
  • Options
    jacyjoypalsjacyjoypals Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Thanks Andy, I thought it was me again 8o))
    BTW, love your new site.
    Andy wrote:
    Read Only mode means you can't log in, correct. But you can browse, and view photos.
  • Options
    jenniferannjenniferann Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Still down?
    Any updates on when the site will be back up? I am new and on
    my trial period and want to be on the site seeing if I can get the look
    I want....
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Any updates on when the site will be back up? I am new and on
    my trial period and want to be on the site seeing if I can get the look
    I want....
    Looks like the engineers are still working hard for the past couple hours. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Cuong wrote:
    Looks like the engineers are still working hard for the past couple hours. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer.

Cuong

Hope so. I always forget about the maintenance window and of course it's during my most massive upload of the year, didn't expect to still be down this morning.
  • Options
    photostuffphotostuff Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    The site has been in read-only mode for approx 12 hours. I am getting used to the weekly down-time on Thursday evenings, but this is way longer than expected. If this was a typical web host, it would be intolerable.
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2009
    photostuff wrote:
    The site has been in read-only mode for approx 12 hours. I am getting used to the weekly down-time on Thursday evenings, but this is way longer than expected. If this was a typical web host, it would be intolerable.

I have been out of town, have returned and have only a small window -today - in which to upload my work from my lap-top.
    I can't find any recent up-dates. Please, how much longer will this go on?
  • Options
    flashonflashon Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited August 7, 2009
    I have a day or so left in my 15-day trail account. This maybe an unfortunate event but does anyone know the stats of the total up time (or percentage) of the site during past 12-month period?

Thank you!
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Well its at about 11 hours and counting. And no info in the last 3 or 4. Something is wrong.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    R.LeonardoR.Leonardo Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    :pissed^%&%^&*$%
    :soapbox

Whew, glad I got that out of my system.

Seriously, this is delaying client proofing. Good thing I have a plan B, just hate using it.
    R. Leonardo
    www.RobArtPhoto.com
    Whether he is an artist or not, the photographer is a joyous sensualist, for the simple reason that the eye traffics in feelings, not in thoughts. -Walker Evans
  • Options
    TroodoNTroodoN Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 7, 2009
    Here in London the problem should have gone at 6am but its already 5pm and I have wasted whole day trying to login and maintain my website.

Worse thing is that there are no updates on what is going on. Unprofessional!!!
  • Options
    ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    This is making me nervous, too. I am just curious why SM goes into maintenance so often? I use SM as my back-up site. My main site has only been down one time in the year and a half I've been with them.
  • Options
    MRudlandMRudland Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Any word yet? Got some uploads to get done today before I leave for the weekend!
    Michelle
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Its the silence that worries me. It almost been 4hours since any info on the status update site.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2009
    bham wrote:
    Its the silence that worries me. It almost been 4hours since any info on the status update site.

Ditto.
  • Options
    astockwellastockwell Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Hey Guys,

Are you going to get this back up pretty soon? I have a link that needs to go out to a customer, but I cannot log in to get it. It is in a hidden and passworded gallery, and I am unable to see it in read only mode. Maybe if this stuff isn't ready for prime time, you should try again next week.

-Andy
  • Options
    TrulyAlaskanTrulyAlaskan Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    There's no use kicking and screaming. They are working as fast as they can, just have some patience. I too have been waiting to to a major upload. At least they do regular maintenance, it prevents major problems from happening. Everyone complains to them about more and more features, well, looks like they are working on one. So, sometimes if you want more features, you have to have some downtime, that's just the way it works.

Rock on you smugging gurus! I look forward to whatever it is you're adding. I will sit here and drink my coffee.