AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
  • Options
    flyingpointflyingpoint Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2009
    A suggestion
    Andy wrote:

Andy -

That would be a great link to add to the "News" page on the control panel. You might even substitute out the annually updated CEO blog link. :D
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2009
    Andy -

That would be a great link to add to the "News" page on the control panel. You might even substitute out the annually updated CEO blog link. :D
    thumb.gif

Bump, by the way, we'll be using our Window tonight deal.gif
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2009
  • Options
    suchitsuchit Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Something major happening?
    Andy wrote:

Is something major happening? Even this site www.dgrin.com was down upto now! :(
    ~ Suchit Nanda
    http://photos.suchit.in/ http://suchitnanda.org/
    Transforming light into expressions of emotions.
  • Options
    DoemastersDoemasters Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    i know I am having to move most of my pictures to another server because its been down a few times lately ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    jenniferannjenniferann Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    I have just become a member and this is the second week in a row that
    the site is down on Friday - I hope this does not become a habit, I went
    with SmugMug on all the recommendations I have heard, I hope I am
    not sorry!! Friday is my main day to work on my personal stuff.
    Doemasters wrote:
    i know I am having to move most of my pictures to another server because its been down a few times lately ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 14, 2009
    suchit wrote:
    Is something major happening? Even this site www.dgrin.com was down upto now! :(

yes, our ops guys were doing a major network restructure, which affected dgrin as well.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    error
    This was all I could get from any SM site inc SM homepage, my site, email help and also DG:

"Internal Server Error - Read
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Reference #3.acdaf180.1250249110.19c5e9
    f"

So not read-only mode. Don't know if you guys at SM were aware that this was happening but all I (and apparently others) could get was a blank page from any SM site with the above error message

Just thought you should knowheadscratch.gif
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    I Simonius wrote:
    This was all I could get from any SM site inc SM homepage, my site, email help and also DG:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    f"

So not read-only mode. Don't know if you guys at SM were aware that this was happening but all I (and apparently others) could get was a blank page from any SM site with the above error message

me too....so I emailed.....the response did say it was affecting all parts of SM & Dgrin but did not say why we were only seeing blank white pages wit hthe error message......nor did the wordpress blog.............headscratch.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited August 14, 2009
    I Simonius wrote:

f"

simon, clear your cache completly and try again - we're up and have been for 40 mins.

http://smugmug.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    sellissellis Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    simon, clear your cache completly and try again - we're up and have been for 40 mins.

I can't wait to see what new features will be released with this network update. According to the blog, it was needed to implement some new features. Coupons? Packages? Anyone?
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2009
    sellis wrote:
    I can't wait to see what new features will be released with this network update. According to the blog, it was needed to implement some new features. Coupons? Packages? Anyone?
    We got the maint part done, but the new feature didn't get launched, due to the network surgery taking much longer than expected. Stay tuned!
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    We got the maint part done, but the new feature didn't get launched, due to the network surgery taking much longer than expected. Stay tuned!

Andy, I am getting "Processing Image" taking much too long. Upload log says 'InQueue" for more than 30 mins, which is very unusual. Not in a hurry, just a heads up.
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Andy wrote:

It's fine now Andy, didn't need to clear cache, it was justa bit freaky earlier as it wasnt even read only - just blank pages with that error message, and I'd never seen maintenance do that before, and not to DG as well as every SM site - so it caught me off guard to get a total blank at every turn:(:
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    Loïc FontaineLoïc Fontaine Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Everyone seems to stay very gentle which is fine but from my side I'm becoming more and more nervous (and disappointed) every week with those maintenances.
    I'm loosing time and money by having this site too often offline for solving issues. This is becoming unacceptable.

As customer, may I ask you what are your plans to avoid in the future those issues. A read-only mode from time to time (very limited in time) could be acceptable but a complete shut down for many hours is unacceptable and have a business impact on your customers.

Thanks in advance for your clarifications.
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2009
    Everyone seems to stay very gentle which is fine but from my side I'm becoming more and more nervous (and disappointed) every week with those maintenances.
    I'm loosing time and money by having this site too often offline for solving issues. This is becoming unacceptable.

As customer, may I ask you what are your plans to avoid in the future those issues. A read-only mode from time to time (very limited in time) could be acceptable but a complete shut down for many hours is unacceptable and have a business impact on your customers.

Thanks in advance for your clarifications.
    Over the years we've rarely used our Thursday maintenanc windows... we've done a whole lot of network and operation surgery lately, to make Smuggy stronger and more stable as we grow. Our CEO posted here about it http://smugmug.wordpress.com/2009/08/10/scheduled-maintenance-tuesday-811-and-thursday-813/

it's not our normal routine and I expect we'll very soon get back to 'normal' which means using our weekly maintenance window not-so-often.

Sorry for the hassle, and thanks for being here with us.
  • Options
    Loïc FontaineLoïc Fontaine Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Thanks for the explanation. I will be crossing my fingers this Friday.
  • Options
    CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    Curious... Will the site be down for maintenance tonight?
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2009
    Cindy wrote:
    Curious... Will the site be down for maintenance tonight?
    nod.gifhttp://smugmug.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2009
    Andy wrote:

clap.gifwings.gif :ivar
    YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    I'm so excited hopin this is what I'm thinking it's gonna be bowdown.gif
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2009
    Cindy wrote:
    clap.gifwings.gif :ivar
    YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    I'm so excited hopin this is what I'm thinking it's gonna be bowdown.gif
    It is not coupons and packages but we're getting closer on those, Cindy. Sorry!
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    It is not coupons and packages but we're getting closer on those, Cindy. Sorry!

Awwww shucks.... it's okay anyhow though.
    I'm sure whatever it is it'll be cool thumb.gif
  • Options
    Glory2Jesus4PhotographyGlory2Jesus4Photography Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Why is it we never get to know what the upgrade is. I know some upgrades I never new about until I stumbled on to them months after they were already there. And yes I check the wordpress but as any one can look pack and see that it never says what the "upgrade is" It would just be nice if we were told because some options are nice to actually put to use.
    I know my spelling and grammar are poor some times my spell check says "I got nothing
    for you" and there/ their is no grammar check yet so please forgive me Jesus did.
    My Web site:
    http://Glory2Jesus4Photography.smugmug.com/
    My blog: http://glory2jesus4photography.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 21, 2009
    Why is it we never get to know what the upgrade is. I know some upgrades I never new about until I stumbled on to them months after they were already there. And yes I check the wordpress but as any one can look pack and see that it never says what the "upgrade is" It would just be nice if we were told because some options are nice to actually put to use.

that blog is just an external status blog, for release notes you need to subscribe to this... http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2009
    Hi Folks, new feature being added, but we're doing it Friday night late (10pm CA time). http://smugmug.wordpress.com for more info. We would have liked to finish during our window today, but there was a risk of going over time, which would impact folks on the east coast and Europe, who are in their daylight hours right now. So, we'll finish the job tonight while most of our customers are sleeping. Thanks as ever, for your patience and support. We're all really excited about this release, it's been a while in the baking and making.
  • Options
    photostuffphotostuff Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    Hmmmm, an "exciting new feature", Don MacAskill cryptically states in the update. It will be intriguing to see what thrilling feature unfolds :cool
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Folks, new feature being added, but we're doing it Friday night late (10pm CA time). http://smugmug.wordpress.com for more info. We would have liked to finish during our window today, but there was a risk of going over time, which would impact folks on the east coast and Europe, who are in their daylight hours right now. So, we'll finish the job tonight while most of our customers are sleeping. Thanks as ever, for your patience and support. We're all really excited about this release, it's been a while in the baking and making.

bump!
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Bump.
  • Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    Well, I know that virtual galleries recently changed to "planned" over on the user voice site, so I'm hopeful this longed awaited feature will finally be here.

http://smugmug.uservoice.com/pages/17723-smugmug/suggestions/200474-let-us-have-virtual-galleries
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug