Options

SmugMug Feature Requests #4

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 10, 2006
    limbik wrote:
    3. Virtual gallery - Simply a convenience, since "make 2nd copy" works, but the virtual route would be a bit of a time and space saver.

James,

This can be done using keywords.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    limbiklimbik Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    This can be done using keywords.

Thanks for the tip. Now I remember reading about this earlier in the thread, the pitfall being that it won't work with anything from a private gallery? Even so, I'll play around with it some.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2006
    limbik wrote:
    Thanks for the tip. Now I remember reading about this earlier in the thread, the pitfall being that it won't work with anything from a private gallery? Even so, I'll play around with it some.
    Keywords don't work if your site has a password or if your galleries have passwords or if your galleries aren't public. If everything is wide open to the public, you can do some cool things with keywords.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    floreschrisfloreschris Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited December 13, 2006
    not sure if this has been suggested, but what about a link to share a templated slideshow (flash? java?) for blogs, websites, etc. SM user just have to pick the pictures they want, and maybe a few choices for transition effects, sizes, etc.

something like slide.com, photobucket's slideshow feature, etc.
    chrisfotos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    bridgesphotobridgesphoto Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2007
    Reduce Shipping Cost on Bulk Print Orders
    I would like to request a reduction of shipping costs for bulk orders. 50 cents for every additional 10 prints over 10 gets pretty ridiculous when I am ordering 1000 4x6's for proofs for my clients. (Which I do for every wedding.) I know it doesn't cost anywhere NEAR $50+ to ship those photos. When I was on dotphoto.com they charged about $17 and that was their cut-off. (And it was nice...)

Anyone else feeling the same way about shipping prices on large quantities of 4x6's?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2007
    I would like to request a reduction of shipping costs for bulk orders. 50 cents for every additional 10 prints over 10 gets pretty ridiculous when I am ordering 1000 4x6's for proofs for my clients. (Which I do for every wedding.) I know it doesn't cost anywhere NEAR $50+ to ship those photos. When I was on dotphoto.com they charged about $17 and that was their cut-off. (And it was nice...)

Anyone else feeling the same way about shipping prices on large quantities of 4x6's?
    I'm working with our lab on shipping options for this year, I can't promise anything but I'll certainly try!

Thanks for posting.
  • Options
    andreasandreas Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    keywords and umlauts
    sorry, wrong thread. Moved my feature request to the recent request thead.
    cheers,
    andreas
    www.andreaswerth.net

• Options
    Luc De JaegerLuc De Jaeger Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    limbik wrote:
    Well, I had quite a list when I started reading through this thread... I'll just recap my wishes since for the most part they have come up already (a few multiple times).

1. Photobooks/Albums/Coffee table books - This is HUGE! Biggest thing I wish could be done here.

2. Client picks system as discussed earlier, in some form or another. In addition to this, and somewhat related to #1, would be the ability to order softcover staple bound proof sheet books on the same page stock as the photo books. Nothing fancy, fast and cheap, if not staple bound books, at least cheap full page proof sheet prints.

3. Virtual gallery - Simply a convenience, since "make 2nd copy" works, but the virtual route would be a bit of a time and space saver.

Thanks for listening! thumb.gif

Yes, I fully agree with limbik on the photobooks/albums on condition the books are of superb quality and the photos are sharp and of exquisite quality. In the past I have ordered some photobooks here in Europe but while the books (with softcover) were quite sturdy, the image quality was just rather poor!

It would be marvellous if SmugMug could have this option too!

Luc
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    andreas wrote:
    So, for german users it would be great if the smugmug keyword script would change

"ä" to "ae"
    "ö" to "oe"
    "ü" to "ue"
    "ß" to "ss"
    Andreas,
    great post and being a German user as well this gets my vote!

For your next feature request have a look at the very top of the Smugmug Support Forum thread list: The current request thread is always "stickied" to the top of the list.

No worries, Andy is probably so kind to move it for you to the current thread. mwink.gif

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    andreasandreas Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2007
    >For your next feature request have a look at the very top of the Smugmug Support Forum thread list: The current request thread is always "stickied" to the top of the list.

oh oh ;-)
    sorry!

I removed it here and posted it in the right thread (at least i hope i did ;-) )
    cheers,
    andreas
    www.andreaswerth.net

• Options
    Addman8Addman8 Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    What's the latest?
    ...on calendar creation as an option for clients?

thx,
    matt
    Matt Addington
    Photography & Design
    Minnesota
    www.mattaddington.com
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2007
    Addman8 wrote:
    ...on calendar creation as an option for clients?

thx,
    matt
    Hi Matt,

It's pretty easy to add something like google calendar to your website on SmugMug. Many folks have done it. Make a post requesting help on it in the customizing forum, thanks!
  • Options
    Addman8Addman8 Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Matt,

It's pretty easy to add something like google calendar to your website on SmugMug. Many folks have done it. Make a post requesting help on it in the customizing forum, thanks!

Sorry, I was actually referring to a product that clients could layout and purchase via smugmug.
    Matt Addington
    Photography & Design
    Minnesota
    www.mattaddington.com
  • Options
    staciekstaciek Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 12, 2008
    feature request upload tool, address book
    When uploading with the cut and paste uploader, I would like to know which photos failed to load, and if I'm uploading a photo that is already on the site.

Also, it would be most helpful to have a way to import my address book from yahoo, or with a cvs file. It is really tiresome to type in or cut and paste each contact.

Finally, I would like a way to share my entire gallery or my entire collection/home page with my contacts. (For those contacts that may not know how to back up to view the rest of the photos in other galleries.)

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2008
    Addman8 wrote:
    Sorry, I was actually referring to a product that clients could layout and purchase via smugmug.
    thumb.gif
  • Options
    jzieglerjziegler Registered Users Posts: 420 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    I'd like to request that desk calendars be made an option as well as wall calendars. I've been ordering a large number of desk calendars from VistaPrint for a couple years and everyone loves getting them, and the size/type (they tend to get too many wall calendars from other people). But, the photo quality from VistaPrint is not consistent at all. I'd like to be able to order at least part of my order each year with a higher quality option (although I know that you would not come close to their ~$2 price in quantity).
  • Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    Hi andy!

I've been using smugmug with a lot of pleasure but there are only a few themes i like (Harvest, bon voyage, black and white). Is there any possibility that new themes (fitting to modern day website standards and styles that is) can be made?

iloveyou.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2008
    Hi andy!

I've been using smugmug with a lot of pleasure but there are only a few themes i like (Harvest, bon voyage, black and white). Is there any possibility that new themes (fitting to modern day website standards and styles that is) can be made?

iloveyou.gif
    Yes :)

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=92423
  • Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    bowdown.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    StephaniespixStephaniespix Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Any updates on privacy control by subcategory?

Thanks,
    Stephanie
  • Options
    jh4wvujh4wvu Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2008
    Proof delay on Digital Downloads
    I would like to request that the proof delay be carried over to the digital downloads. We would like to offer digital downloads but need to have the delay to edit the photos before allowing the client to acquire the image.

Thanks,
    Chris