Options

Show us your mug! Introduce yourself here.

Comments

• Options
    saffa91saffa91 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 4, 2007
    my first time, not really sure how to do all this haha
    hey guys what's up? this is my first post ever! Haha yes Im a noob, i just decided that i would like to post some pictures so here i am. Im not really sure how it all works but Im giving it a shot.
    can anyone give me some advice on how to post you're pictures haha
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2007
    saffa91 wrote:
    hey guys what's up? this is my first post ever! Haha yes Im a noob, i just decided that i would like to post some pictures so here i am. Im not really sure how it all works but Im giving it a shot.
    can anyone give me some advice on how to post you're pictures haha

All here under 'How To'
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    Here I am
    Pictures are my favorite! Here is one of me!:smooch
  • Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    Pictures are my favorite! Here is one of me!:smooch

you kinda look like drew berrymore in that pic. :)
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited March 5, 2007
    Welcome to all of the new folks!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    Thanks-
    com3 wrote:
    you kinda look like drew berrymore in that pic. :)
    I like your pic in the mirror too. Niiiice. :cool

Mine was actually done darkroom with Tmax and all that. (I did a darkroom class last year and it firmly solidified my love for all things digital- so much easier and quicker)
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 6, 2007
    nofate wrote:
    I'd like to say hello and introduce myself as a noob on the site. I've always been interested in photography and am looking forward to learning a lot from the collected wisdom here. My Nikon D70S can do a lot more than I have given it a chance to. I know the photographer is even more important than the equipment so thats why I joined today. Heres the self pic the thread asks for. Just a spur of the moment snapshot, but I'm in my glory. :D

DSC_21941523.jpg

welcome!

what is that aircraft you're in and are you piloting it?
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2007
    E.Castro wrote:
    Well, hi there, my very first post. Well let me tell you a bit 'bout my self. I’m located in sunny Southern California, near Ontario Airport. I'm a very armature wedding photographer wanting to become a great one. I got into this because of desire, and a bit of circumstances. My brother-in-law was getting married last April, and since he didn't have much money, they decided not to hire a wedding photographer. There idea was to get some disposable cameras and leave them at each table for the guest to take pictures with. After that they would collect them all, and from those pictures they would create there album. After reading the horror stories of this bad idea, I got the guts to tell them I would do there wedding. Hey at least I knew I could do better then disposable cameras! Got my XT w/ grip, Tamron 28-75, 430EX and 2GB of CF with my Epson P-2000 to store the pictures with. Yeah, a bit (k, a lot) under-geared. But that’s all I had at the time. Well the day went well and they were very happy with the pictures they got, and I got the bug from there. I did my brother-in-law's wife’s cousin (got that?) wedding because they were in the same circumstances he was. Now I’m doing a third wedding this March and I know I’m booked for 2 more weddings sometime this year when the B&G finally make up there mind on the day. I cater to a niche market. I only want to do Jehovah Witnesses weddings since I’m one my self. I figure since I know the ups and downs, couples would be more comfortable with me and my wife. I want to offer the best possible attitude, professionalism, friendliness and products that I can. Well I know I said a bit, but just wanted to do a good intro. Thanks for reading it.

PS: Is there a wedding forum? If not, what forum would be sutible to discuss wedding related posts? Thanks.

welcome aboard

don't forget to post a self portrait when you can thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2007
    Hi, my name is Rod, and I just joined this group.........so I'm a NEWBIE

While I'm a newbie here, been a regular over at Nikonian's and a somewhat regular over at FM. (same user name)

welcome. around here we refer to you as a n00b! lol3.gif

post a self portrait when you can
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2007
    Hi, my name is Rod

I just converted from Nikon to Canon............NEWBIE twice over clap.gifclap.gif

Oh good Lord!!! temporary insanity? headscratch.gif Leave! Leave NOW!!!!

:hide

lol3.gif
  • Options
    grinandbearitgrinandbearit Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2007
    Hi,
    Just joined ....looking for friendly photogs and a great learning experience.
    Terriwings.gif
  • Options
    katmystirykatmystiry Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 10, 2007
    New Here
    New here too! Just joined tonight and looking for some fun and awesome photos here!
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited March 10, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    Oh good Lord!!! temporary insanity? headscratch.gif Leave! Leave NOW!!!!

:hide

lol3.gif

Naw, just a really smart one. Don't worry, we'll get you too :D
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    wood420wood420 Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited March 12, 2007
    Total armature, started out with a Sony....cant remember the model, but it used floppies. second was a Sony DSC-S85, then I got, and still use a Canon IS S2. Yeah I know it not a "real" camera, but I do the best I can with what I got. Planning on something along a Nikon D80 in the next few months. My other interests are motorcycles, and surfing.

WooD_2.jpg
  • Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    wood420 wrote:
    Total armature, started out with a Sony....cant remember the model, but it used floppies. second was a Sony DSC-S85, then I got, and still use a Canon IS S2. Yeah I know it not a "real" camera, but I do the best I can with what I got. Planning on something along a Nikon D80 in the next few months. My other interests are motorcycles, and surfing.

Welcome!

Don't let anyone tell you the S2 isn't a real camera. It's a very nice camera! Many of the photos on my site and many that I've sold were taken with my old S2.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    bzoidbzoid Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 15, 2007
    Hello!
    Just joined and looking forward to seeing some great photography and learning alot.
  • Options
    cascatzcascatz Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 16, 2007
    Cathy Casey - You asked for it
    Well, I very rarely take photographs of myself, and when someone nicks my camera I have to show the photo no matter what, it's usually a works 'do' where this happens, so you can imagine the types of photo I take....

Anyway, here I am in all my glory, ready to party, taken by me on my Nikon D70S, yep I know it's awful, but believe me it's the best one of many, I love the remote control on the D70S.
  • Options
    drichidrichi Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 18, 2007
    Hi,

I just joined a few days ago. I'm in Tokyo Japan, and have been for nearly a decade. Just started with digital photography a few years ago, after about 25 with film.
    I enjoy the outdoors, so a lot of my photography is landscape, nature, wildlife, birds and such. And yes, even in Tokyo one can find isolated spots of nature. Well, at least areas that are somewhat natural. Unspoiled is a different matter. The Tama River area is one place near Tokyo where I often go.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2007
    drichi wrote:
    Hi,

I just joined a few days ago. I'm in Tokyo Japan, and have been for nearly a decade. Just started with digital photography a few years ago, after about 25 with film.
    I enjoy the outdoors, so a lot of my photography is landscape, nature, wildlife, birds and such. And yes, even in Tokyo one can find isolated spots of nature. Well, at least areas that are somewhat natural. Unspoiled is a different matter. The Tama River area is one place near Tokyo where I often go.
    Welcome wave.gif to Dgrin!
  • Options
    Jim VictoryJim Victory Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    I just recently joined after finding out about this forum on FM. I reached my 40th year in photography in 2006, sold my business, and retired to shooting wildlife only. I have been shooting digital for the last 5 years.

When I'm not shooting wildlife I hang out in front of cigar stores.:D

indianp_std.jpg
    Jim
    Canon Equipment
    http://www.victoryphoto.net
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    I just recently joined after finding out about this forum on FM. I reached my 40th year in photography in 2006, sold my business, and retired to shooting wildlife only. I have been shooting digital for the last 5 years.

When I'm not shooting wildlife I hang out in front of cigar stores.:D

Welcome Jim...thats certainly a true wealth of knowledge that can be put to good use here so please share it.
  • Options
    LexLex Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    self portrait?
    Mine is small, how I like it. It's also light controlled, with complete and total disguise. the names were changed to protect the innocent.

IF your nice, I'll show the one where I look like an irish hitman someday. But it would have to come with a warning, just how scary I looked... Only if your nice to me though...

I forgot the Bio part. I'm Doug, I take pictures.

I set out to improve my product photography last year with a new D200. 15 lenses later, and 3 bodies later, I guess you could say I'm an addict. Hi, I'm Doug, and I have a problem... (This is where you say Hello Doug, we're listening)

I specialize in Smoky Mountains Nature photography. I tell people I shoot Rocks, Sticks, Water, and animals that get in the way. That's fairly accurate.

136646203-Th.jpg

Lex *Doug*
    www.fotagafer.com (New guy, new guy, new guy)
  • Options
    vkg1979vkg1979 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    Hello there
    I am a newcomer here, and followed my husband here who's been a member for quite some time, and since I have his old camera now, I might as well try my hand at photography too.
    I am a dentist by profession, so if you want free advice, good photographers as you all are, you can send me good pics of bad, and I can tell you what to do with them :D
    On the photography side, human emotions interest me the most, unlike my husband who would rather go and shoot some Himalayas :). So ours is a classic case of opposites attract.
    Keep guessing who my husband is, the winner will get free dental advice. Sorry mods and admins, I know you can find IP addresses(my hubby told me this, he is also a mod somewhere ;) ) so you are not eligible.
  • Options
    rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    a new picture of me!

Ross2.jpg
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
    Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
    Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
    Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
    Infiniti QX4
  • Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    Lex wrote:
    Mine is small, how I like it. It's also light controlled, with complete and total disguise. the names were changed to protect the innocent.

IF your nice, I'll show the one where I look like an irish hitman someday. But it would have to come with a warning, just how scary I looked... Only if your nice to me though...

I forgot the Bio part. I'm Doug, I take pictures.

I set out to improve my product photography last year with a new D200. 15 lenses later, and 3 bodies later, I guess you could say I'm an addict. Hi, I'm Doug, and I have a problem... (This is where you say Hello Doug, we're listening)

I specialize in Smoky Mountains Nature photography. I tell people I shoot Rocks, Sticks, Water, and animals that get in the way. That's fairly accurate.

136646203-Th.jpg

Lex *Doug*
    www.fotagafer.com (New guy, new guy, new guy)

hahaha! awesome intro! haha!
  • Options
    JDollDesignsJDollDesigns Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    Show Us Your Mug
    Hello. My Name is Johannah.
    I'm an amature photographer... but most days it's what drives me to get up in the morning. I'm still learning and enjoying the journey. I joined so that way I could learn more. I'm from Gettysburg & Lancaster Area in PA and am currently unemployedne_nau.gif... so if you have any photography jobs avaible, that'd be great. :D
    I'm a new media designer (web, flash, video, photography, graphic design, digital animation) and all of those neat lil programs I've learned have helped me a lot with photography. I hope to some day co-own my own studio...ah, *drool* oops, sorry.

This picture was taken while I was just playing with my camera. It was one of those 'Oops' shots.
    I personally like it.

4.jpg
    "Johannah, your going down a one way road."
    "No I'm not.... Ooh yes I am. Crap."
  • Options
    BokehMommyBokehMommy Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 26, 2007
    It's me! It's me!
    Here goes...

I'm a new mommy and a passionate artist. Traveler, musician, and soon-to-be married to the love of my life. My fiance, catering to my love for photography, bought me a Digital Rebel over a month ago. I never put it down.

This picture was taken by my fiance, as I don't often take pictures of myself! I'm tempted to do so just for this thread!

It's great to meet you all! I hope I can contribute as much as I learn from these forums!
  • Options
    blalorblalor Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2007
    It's all about ME!
    398324759_0804c4104c.jpg

This makes post numero dos for me. I was doing the 365 Days challenge on Flickr, but ran out of steam after about a month and a half. I'd like to pass that off on starting a new job, but in reality my creative energy ebbs and flows; right now it's ebbing. ne_nau.gif I'm hoping to start flowing again Real Soon Now™.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,203 moderator
    edited March 27, 2007
    Welcome Lex, vkg, JDoll, Bokeh and blalor! wave.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    lacrymosarequiemlacrymosarequiem Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 28, 2007
    This is the only decent photo of myself I have ever taken...
    So, now I no longer lurk, I post too :)

img15854fg7.jpg

It's a little old. But my hair does still looks like that. :D