Options

Show us your mug! Introduce yourself here.

Comments

• Options
    JaredAndersonJaredAnderson Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited December 4, 2007
    Greetings fellow Grinners!
    I'm excited to join this community of people who are passionate about photography!

I am at a point in my photographic exploration that I need new ideas and possibly help to start selling and contracting out my work. I'm thinking this is a good place to start.

Anyways here is a semi-self portrait(my wife took the camera from me and snapped a shot...6 months later I ran into it and manipulated in photoshop to make it mine).

dsc0148xm2.jpg
    Happy Clicking!
  • Options
    tonichelletonichelle Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    I've never been good at self portraits, I don't know why I just always find something wrong with them, so you're stuck with a boring old intro and no picture lol

My name's Toni. I'm 22 (almost 23) and I was born and raised in South Central Alaska. I am currently attending the University of Alaska, Anchorage, and I want to be a tv/film director someday.

To pass the time I'm a freelance photographer (after 8 months with Sears Portraits Studio I never want to work in a Drive-Thru Studio environment again, but I wouldn't mind having my own!)... and since I'm a poor starving college student I don't have much in teh way of $$ for equipment.

I use a Rebel XT for my DSLR and I have several film cameras which are currently collecting dust. :( I just don't have the time or money to persue film these days. Sad, I know.

When I'm not taking photos I'm day dreaming, chatting online with friends (or on message board about anything from figure skating to Spielberg and Disney!), or scrapbooking... basically anything but studying for school.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell... this message board looks like a great place for me to procrastinate when I need to so I'm looking forward to jumping in and getting to know ya!
    "It's only an island if you look at it from the water."
  • Options
    lowflyerlowflyer Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    Here's me (in the foreground)
    Photography is a symptom of my motorcycle addiction. nod.gif

img0012hv5.jpg

img0054ab9.jpg
    photo#5113246009428058210
  • Options
    DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2007
    What's Going On!!!
    Hey Everyone!!! The Name's Brandon, and I have just begun makin myself a SmugMug site! Been doing a lot of research on that damn CSSne_nau.gif Im sure some of you can relate!! Anyhow, Thought I would introduce myself because this is the best Photography Forum I have found yet!!

BrandonBW600x800.jpg
  • Options
    Michael AtkinsMichael Atkins Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2007
    1st Post Introduction
    Well I guess there's no better way to start posting then introducing myself. I am a person who loves photography and wants to persue it professionally. To what extent I have no idea. Just want to gain experience and maybe sell a couple images.

230197719-M.jpg
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited December 15, 2007
  • Options
    Tony WalkerTony Walker Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited December 15, 2007
    fish wrote:
    There's something special about taking your own portrait (self-portrait). Anybody can take a photo of you, but only you can do the hard bit about choosing how you want to be seen. It's not that we don't want to see your handsome visages taken by other people, but that we want YOU to shoot them and present them yourselves.
    self-por·trait:
    n. A pictorial or literary portrait of oneself, created by oneself.

Edit: I merged the two "show us your mug" threads. :)

biggrinbounce2.gif
    Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you but by the attitude you bring to life.
  • Options
    kejagokejago Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited December 16, 2007
    Greetings from France / Switzerland
    wave.gif

I see lots of ADVRider folk are hanging about here... Baldy and crew did good. bowdown.gif

This is me, and one of the things I like to do:
    228588844-L.jpg

And this is where I escaped from:
    228590875-L.jpg

I have just got myself a Canon G9, and when I figure out how the thing takes pics, I can join in. My Canon Ixus V2 (2 megapixel point and shoot) can now officially go into retirement. The G9 will be my learning tool, and use it I will to learn the art of the light side, before putting my paws on a fully-fledged DSLR I do. :tiptoe
  • Options
    Tony WalkerTony Walker Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited December 16, 2007
    W O W !
    Enjoyed your pictures. What country are you in? I just got involved in photography since I retired. Now I'm able to do the things I would like to take a shot at. For 36 years, I was a master magician/illusionist. Put the tricks away one day and never went back. You might want to consider buying a Canon Rebel XTI, a digital SLR. You can get some really great pictures with it. It's kind of like one step below a professional SLR but it's a great way to start. Talk to you sometime in the future. Tony
  • Options
    BikePilotBikePilot Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited December 17, 2007
    I wondered over from advrider and figured I'd introduce myself here. I haven't done much serious photography, but have taken a few pictures - mostly quick snapshots while out and about, but getting a bit more into it. My wife has a rebel XT that I steal sometimes and I have an old sony DSC-S85 point and shoot that I love dearly (but is terribly slow). It has a lovely lens for a P&S with an F-stop of 2.0:)

I look something like this
    normal_Harvard%20Trip%205-26-07%20136%20_Custom_%20_2_.jpg
    Josh

Sony DSC-S85 (point and shoot)
    Panasonic LX1
    Olympus 770SW

In the market for a dslr
  • Options
    roliirolii Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2007
    That's me
    I admit this isn't a self-portrait, but that's still me in there, taken aback by the british ability to keep their parks clean. You would never find a trash can like this one down here in Venezuela, that's for sure!

226830997-M.jpg
  • Options
    lanmanphotolanmanphoto Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited December 19, 2007
    I am madly inlove with smugmug!
    Hi all, I am new to do this. Taking it really slow, but eventually I want to fully customize my site. Whoo hoo!
  • Options
    ArkayemArkayem Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited December 19, 2007
    Hello!!
    Hi,

I am a new member, and a professional wedding and event photographer, and just wanted to introduce myself. I use a Nikon D200 as my primary camera and a Nikon D70 as a backup. I use a Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8 about 95% of the time. The other 5% is with the Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VR.

I also wanted to make sure my signature and avitar are working correctly.
  • Options
    mepaparazzimepaparazzi Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited December 20, 2007
    Hi!

:D

I am from India and new out here!
    Am planning to buy a Digital SLR camera.
    Once I buy it I shall shoot myself! :uhoh
    And post a pic!

Very confused between two camera options right now! headscratch.gif

All good wishes for the season to friends here! thumb.gif

Me Paparazzi
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2007
    Here is a spot where sooky la la's whom dont want to post a photo of themselves can get some action.

This particular threads title is 'Show us your mug'

• Options
    AiredrifterAiredrifter Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    Can't Hide.
    Hello from Virginia. Getting my eye back in my shift to digital after a long layoff from significant film work.

237094348-L-0.jpg
  • Options
    ChrisKraftPhotoChrisKraftPhoto Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    Hey all! Another member from AdvRider. I love photography and am happy to have found this board :D

220057760-L.jpg
  • Options
    JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    Welcome to all the newcomers! wave.gif
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Options
    LUCKYSHOTLUCKYSHOT Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    my first post
    Ok, so I finally jumped in after watching for a few months. I just put up a banner yesterday, but trying to figure out what things are here from Avatars to rss feeds can be a little daunting. I have had a site from WD Webb/More photos for the last year and it has been a total pain to manage and hugely expensive. I have only had my site up here a few months and my sales have all gone flawlessly. now I just have to wait for a check ( and confirmation they have received my w-9)
    I just can't get overhow many people here put so much effort into building this site up and helping each other. (maybe I have lived in New York too long
    Happy New Year
    Chris

www.longislandimage.com
    www.longislandimage.smugmug.com
    No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
    :whip

WWW.LONGISLANDIMAGE.COM
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Here is a spot where sooky la la's whom dont want to post a photo of themselves can get some action.

This particular threads title is 'Show us your mug'

bump
  • Options
    JavaLoverJavaLover Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    Hi guys, When I introduced myself before I hadn't done any self-portraits and since I'm always behind the camera there were not pics of me. So you all got a look at my pup (who's better looking anyway). So, since then I've tried my hand at the self thing. Here's the best of my first attempt.

2148315598_e4444f30b2.jpg?v=0
    Canon 40D, stock lens and now a Canon 55mm-250mm f/4-5.6 IS.
    tfarley.smugmug.com
  • Options
    LUCKYSHOTLUCKYSHOT Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    ??
    gus wrote:
    bump
    Not really sure if that is directed at me, but I am lucky I was even able to post a reply. I will though make a point a taking a self portrait and of figuring out where to post stuff

ne_nau.gif
    No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
    :whip

WWW.LONGISLANDIMAGE.COM
  • Options
    JavaLoverJavaLover Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    LUCKYSHOT wrote:
    Not really sure if that is directed at me, but I am lucky I was even able to post a reply. I will though make a point a taking a self portrait and of figuring out where to post stuff

ne_nau.gif

I don't think it was directed at you, just happened to come after you. Welcome and you'll get the hang of it. I'm still really new too but you lurk and learn. :D
    Canon 40D, stock lens and now a Canon 55mm-250mm f/4-5.6 IS.
    tfarley.smugmug.com
  • Options
    TunaTuna Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    Well, I signed up last year (yesterday) but am just now getting around to posting my self-portrait.

Passing some time here in Iraq
    _DSC0672.jpg

And since there seems to be so many riders on here, I guess I can post a picture of me on my motorcycle. It's not really a self-portrait and isn't the greatest quality, but oh well. Hopefully you'll allow it. ne_nau.gif

P1020772_.jpg
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited January 1, 2008
    Welcome Tuna, JavaLover & Luckyshot!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Casual Elegance PhotograpCasual Elegance Photograp Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited January 1, 2008
    Helloooooooo There!
    Hi there...this is me! I am Michele from Clarksville, TN.

I too ride a motorcycle (since that seems to be a popular topic), an '07 Harley Streetbob. To bad I cant ride today...it is cooooollllld here! Well not yet, but this afternoon it is suppose to be 16 deg. with flurries!

I will post a pic as soon as it gets warmer out.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! wings.gif
  • Options
    BikePiletteBikePilette Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    Greetings
    Happy New Year to everyone. I thought I should say hello; it is after all, the polite thing to do. I currently live in Massachusetts. Here is a picture of me (taken by someone else). I will post a sp when I get one that I like.

NicoleandJosh01-15-05to01-16-05083.jpg
    ~Nicole

Currently using a Canon Digital Rebel XT
    18-55mm kit lens
    50mm f/1.8 lens
  • Options
    kundalinikundalini Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    Here's one that I took with my brothers camera (XTi) before I got mine D80.

IMG_1508_edited-2.jpg

This is a SP with my D80.

self-1.jpg

I want to do better.

Can you say old harmless hippie?
    I'll not repeat what others say, so, you can call me Brer.

"... but I'll be sober in the morning." - Winston Chruchill
  • Options
    therealboneytherealboney Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 4, 2008
    Hey Ian!wave.gif

Noob here- my usual user name was taken so I modified it a bit, and some of you probably already know me from ADVRider. (am I banned already?)

I joined to sharpen my photography skills. It seems that my ride report pictures are not what they could be, and I need to spend more time with my digital point-and-shoot so that I can get the most from it. I've lurked a bit, but now you're stuck with me.

DiscoveryTrail060.jpg

I'm looking forward to learning.
  • Options
    JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2008
    Welcome to all of you! wave.gif
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose