Options

Show us your mug! Introduce yourself here.

Comments

• Options
    kungalooshkungaloosh Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2008
    Hello!
    Hello all! New smugmug users here. :) We got our camera (K10D) at the end of last year, and have been greatly enjoying dipping our toes into amateur photography. This seems like a great community!

We just signed up for smugmug, here's our site: http://kungaloosh.smugmug.com

280563083_JtdkV-S.jpg
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2008
    Welcome! I just got my own (second hand) 10D last night to go with my ancient *ist D. You will like it.

clap.gifclap

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2008
    Here's my mug in a cave entrance, taken by my brother-in-law.
    mymug.JPG?imgmax=800

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2008
    Must be dark in that cave. Can't see you!headscratch.gif

Posting a Pic on Dgrin

Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2008
    DonRicklin wrote:
    Must be dark in that cave. Can't see you!headscratch.gif

Don

Can you see me now with the light on?

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2008
    Cuong wrote:
    Can you see me now with the light on?

Cuong
    thumb.gif

Don
  • Options
    TexPhotogTexPhotog Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2008
    Me!!!
    There's a mug of my mug on my site...

pmaphotovideo.smugmug.com

I've been here for a bit, and like most people here...

I LOVE SMUGMUG!!!

wings.gif :ivar
    Miguel
    www.kabestudios.com
    I use a little bit of everything gear wise...
    Nikon/Canon/Sony/GoPro/Insta360º/Mavic 2 Pro
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2008
    Welcome everyone.
  • Options
    amir2000amir2000 Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    Hello All
    Hi All
    I'm new here so I want to introduce myself.
    I'm nt a profesional photographer and did not study that yet.
    i love photography and would like to share some photos.
    I attached an example in the shot--->landscape - and the rest you can see in my web site:
    www.amir2000.nl

Thank you and hope I found a home here.

Amir
  • Options
    Domino81Domino81 Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    There's no way I'm about to take a self-portrait. I'm awful at that. They all look like MySpace wannabe pics. I mean, I'm not going to lie; they're bad.

SOOOO... I had a good friend take this in Myrtle Beach last November. I like it. :)

DSC_2208.jpg

Newish to the forum, name is Anthony.
  • Options
    AzuriteAzurite Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    Making introductions
    Self portraits are awkward..... I can't even look at the camera, ha ha! Well I'm Dawn and I'm just starting to post. I love this forum. Now I know I'm not the only nut job who can't stopping talking about photography. I've completely worn down the family and friends.

Actually I'm using this thread to say hello and as dual purpose for help. I need to fix my skin and remove the shine. Is there any help out there? Or is it fruitless to try with the image quality I have?ne_nau.gif Thanks! Dawn
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2008
    Azurite wrote:
    Self portraits are awkward..... I can't even look at the camera, ha ha! Well I'm Dawn and I'm just starting to post. I love this forum. Now I know I'm not the only nut job who can't stopping talking about photography. I've completely worn down the family and friends.

Actually I'm using this thread to say hello and as dual purpose for help. I need to fix my skin and remove the shine. Is there any help out there? Or is it fruitless to try with the image quality I have?ne_nau.gif Thanks! Dawn

Cannot it be done in photoshop?
  • Options
    zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    Heres me... Bwaaa haaa haaaa!

284528137_QUkMi-M.jpg

or

75555649_aiyew-L.jpg
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2008
    Azurite wrote:
    I need to fix my skin and remove the shine. Is there any help out there? Or is it fruitless to try with the image quality I have?ne_nau.gif Thanks! Dawn

if you have photoshop, look for a tutorial for skin smoothing.. it should help as the shiney spots arent too too bad..i have seen much worse. Anyhow, do a google search for "skin smoothing tutorial" youll find alot i think.

welcome to the forum!

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • Options
    Blondn6ftBlondn6ft Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited May 9, 2008
    {{ waves hi }}
    StMaarten016crop.jpg

Ok ... here I am ... hehehe 80' below the surface!
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2008
    zacker wrote:
    if you have photoshop, look for a tutorial for skin smoothing.. it should help as the shiney spots arent too too bad..i have seen much worse. Anyhow, do a google search for "skin smoothing tutorial" youll find alot i think.

welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the advice! I'm still beginner/intermediate on Photoshop. My skin smoothing skills always end up looking overdone and cartoon-y. I'll see how far I get on the tutorial search. Thanks Zacker
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2008
    Domino81 wrote:
    Cannot it be done in photoshop?

I guess I should've asked "how in Photoshop"...... I'm trying Zacker's advice to look for tutorials. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2008
    Azurite wrote:
    I guess I should've asked "how in Photoshop"...... I'm trying Zacker's advice to look for tutorials. Thanks!

and when you find it just keep messing with it till you get the desired results... keep trying till you own it!! lol

• Options
    edited May 13, 2008
    zacker wrote:
    and when you find it just keep messing with it till you get the desired results... keep trying till you own it!! lol

lol Easy for you to say, that program is the bane of my existence.
  • Options
    babylocbabyloc Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    Greetings and Salutations!
    I've actually had a smugmug account for some time, but now I'm trying to be more organized and serious about what I want to do. I'm struggling to customize my site www.rondabirtha.com

So, hello all. I'm glad to finally make it to the party.:ivar
    contact
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 15, 2008
    Azurite wrote:
    Thanks for the advice! I'm still beginner/intermediate on Photoshop. My skin smoothing skills always end up looking overdone and cartoon-y. I'll see how far I get on the tutorial search. Thanks Zacker

Welcome aboard! wave.gif

Spend some time in our "Techniques" forum for some terrific help from all the friendly dgrinners!
  • Options
    Bethi85Bethi85 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 15, 2008
    Hello all!
    I'm a newbie and soon to be addict on this lovely forum so I decided to start by posting a little self portrait taken with my camera phone :P

2495295636_9374b70993_m.jpg
  • Options
    ODuxODux Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 19, 2008
    Hi
    I'm new to the forum. Trying to learn some things. It's a great site you've got here.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    WELCOME BETHI85 and ODUXthumb.gifthumb......now that you've delurked, let us see some samples of your passion..............mwink.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    sweet chilli phillysweet chilli philly Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 22, 2008
    Hi, just thought I would take this thread as an oppitunity to say hello as I am new to this forum.

Just to add here is a SP of me:

2102011065_87ed7b8ce3.jpg

Cheers

Philly
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2008
    Hi, just thought I would take this thread as an oppitunity to say hello as I am new to this forum.

Just to add here is a SP of me:

2102011065_87ed7b8ce3.jpg

Cheers

Philly
    More aussies !! Welcome all.
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2008
    Angelo wrote:
    Welcome aboard! wave.gif

Spend some time in our "Techniques" forum for some terrific help from all the friendly dgrinners!

Thank you much Angelo! There is so much information available here, I appreciate a nod in the right direction.
  • Options
    RobpendragonRobpendragon Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    Hi there. My Name is Rob I'm a SmugMug newbie:oogle , please be gentle! At the moment I'm building my SmugMug page & I decided to join your forum here.
    I look foward to learning & sharing here.
    Here is a photo of me...I'm the one sitting up.
    303502723_rG9GN-M.jpg
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited May 29, 2008
    Technically my hubby took this one...but it is me and its a portrait!
    248997334_auAyz-M.jpg
  • Options
    KETCH ROSSIKETCH ROSSI Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited May 31, 2008
    Hi
    Hi every one,

I'm a member of several sites, for both Cinematography, as I'm also a FilmMaker, and Photography, my other passion.

just joined this site, after having joined and played for few days with the absolute most fantastic Photographer site on the web, "SMUGMUG"

So just wanted to say CIAO!

For ones I'm in front of the camera having fun with the girls!