IE Operation Aborted? Post Here

123457»

Comments

• Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 9, 2007
    jyozura wrote:
    Hi there. First, love the features.

But for the moment, both people viewing and myself are having issues w/ IE errors.

www.jyozura.com and same name for smugmug.

Thanks.

jay

Hi :)

Welcome to DGrin wave.gif

I made a change in your slideshow code in your footer. Let us know if this resolves the problem for you!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    b-grinnerb-grinner Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    IE and slide show issues
    Hi there,

Just noticed my home page slide show is not working. I have not made any changes to the code so I am puzzled here. There appears to be errors on the page. Any ideas for me.

www.cyberphotogs.com

Look forward to your assistance.

...Bruce
    ...The Cyberphotog:D

edited May 9, 2007
    b-grinner wrote:
    Hi there,

Just noticed my home page slide show is not working. I have not made any changes to the code so I am puzzled here. There appears to be errors on the page. Any ideas for me.

www.cyberphotogs.com

Look forward to your assistance.

...Bruce

Hi Bruce,

I see the gallery you are using is password protected. Has it always been? I believe you will have to use a gallery that doesn't have a password on it.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    b-grinnerb-grinner Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    Must of lost my head there.
    Barb wrote:
    Hi Bruce,

I see the gallery you are using is password protected. Has it always been? I believe you will have to use a gallery that doesn't have a password on it.

Thanks Barb. Must have lost track of what I was doing. Password gone and it is working now.

...Bruce
    ...The Cyberphotog:D

edited May 9, 2007
    Back again
    Barb,

This IE gremlin is back. This time I didn't do anything. Your fix worked for a couple days but no longer. Are things fluid on the system end?
    Brad Newby

http://blue-dog.smugmug.com
    http://smile-123.smugmug.com
    http://vintage-photos.blogspot.com/

Canon 7D, 100-400L, Mongoose 3.5, hoping for a 500L real soon.
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2007
    Barb,

This IE gremlin is back. This time I didn't do anything. Your fix worked for a couple days but no longer. Are things fluid on the system end?

Hi,

I'll take a look as soon as I can. Hang tight.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2007
    Barb,

Okay, I made a change in your code. Let me know if it is still giving you a problem.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    photomagicphotomagic Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2007
    Hi,

I just joined Smugmug this week.

I just wanted to report that I am having a problem with IE errors. The other day I was trying to set my home page to my smugmug website page and it won't let me do that. It still won't. I cleaned out all the temp files, cookies, history, etc, which I pretty much keep clean on a regular basis. It seems like after I did that, I am getting these IE errors on smugmug site. Sometimes once I click the ok on the error, I can continue working just fine in smugmug, othertimes it refreshes the page but I get the white page not found error message, but my smugmug address is in the address bar. And other times it freezes up smugmug and I have to close out and reload internet, etc.

The error message I get is: Internet Explorer cannot open internet site: (website address). Operation aborted.

Its not too much of a hassle to deal with, but does anyone know why I get them yet?

Thank you.
    Michele
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2007
    photomagic wrote:
    Hi,

I just joined Smugmug this week.

I just wanted to report that I am having a problem with IE errors. The other day I was trying to set my home page to my smugmug website page and it won't let me do that. It still won't. I cleaned out all the temp files, cookies, history, etc, which I pretty much keep clean on a regular basis. It seems like after I did that, I am getting these IE errors on smugmug site. Sometimes once I click the ok on the error, I can continue working just fine in smugmug, othertimes it refreshes the page but I get the white page not found error message, but my smugmug address is in the address bar. And other times it freezes up smugmug and I have to close out and reload internet, etc.

The error message I get is: Internet Explorer cannot open internet site: (website address). Operation aborted.

Its not too much of a hassle to deal with, but does anyone know why I get them yet?

Thank you.
    Michele

Hi Michele :)

Can we get a link to your SmugMug site? I can take a look for you then.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2007
    Barb wrote:

Can we get a link to your SmugMug site? I can take a look for you then.

Sure Barb... :)

www.michelesphotos.smugmug.com

I just had more problem with it. Now it did it to me three times in a row and when I clicked okay on the error message when I first signed into my smugmug site, it refreshed and went direction to the IE cannot open message page.

Thanks!! :)
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2007
    photomagic wrote:
    Sure Barb... :)

www.michelesphotos.smugmug.com

I just had more problem with it. Now it did it to me three times in a row and when I clicked okay on the error message when I first signed into my smugmug site, it refreshed and went direction to the IE cannot open message page.

Thanks!! :)

Thx for the link! I checked your code and could not see anything that would cause the operation aborted problem. The only code that might (and I say that with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever if it would or would not!) is your javascript for removing the feed pipes. Can you try removing that for a bit and see if that resolves your problem?
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2007
    Barb wrote:

Thx for the link! I checked your code and could not see anything that would cause the operation aborted problem. The only code that might (and I say that with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever if it would or would not!) is your javascript for removing the feed pipes. Can you try removing that for a bit and see if that resolves your problem?

Thank you Barb.... It seems to come and go. I have done quite a bit on the site since my last post and no problem at all. Weird.

Is this the script you are talking about:

// fix the pesky pipes
    YE.onAvailable("cobrand_footer", function() {this.innerHTML = this.innerHTML.replace(/\||what are feeds\?/gi, '');});

I am not very good with scripts.

Michele :)
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2007
    photomagic wrote:
    Thank you Barb.... It seems to come and go. I have done quite a bit on the site since my last post and no problem at all. Weird.

Is this the script you are talking about:

// fix the pesky pipes
    YE.onAvailable("cobrand_footer", function() {this.innerHTML = this.innerHTML.replace(/\||what are feeds\?/gi, '');});

I am not very good with scripts.

Michele :)

Yes, that's the script. I'm just not seeing anything else that would cause the operation aborted issue. If you remove that and you still have the problem, holler back here.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    So the full new fixed code should look like this, right?!
    [removed by me to avoid confusion]
    Can one of the Mods update the first post to reflect the full new code? Also it would be good to have the dgrin tutorial fixed as well.

Sebastian

EDIT: The correct code is still linked in the first post.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    So the full new fixed code should look like this, right?!
    Can one of the Mods update the first post to reflect the full new code? Also it would be good to have the dgrin tutorial fixed as well.

Sebastian
    Barb and Ivar will sort it out, thanks.
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Barb and Ivar will sort it out, thanks.

I think we have made the change in all places that I know of. The tutorial is correct, the slideshow instruction .pdf is correct and this thread points to the correct code. Have we missed one?
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2007
    Barb wrote:
    I think we have made the change in all places that I know of. The tutorial is correct, the slideshow instruction .pdf is correct and this thread points to the correct code. Have we missed one?
    {JT} posted some additional code over here.
    DJ-S1 posted over here that only with the additional code he could get rid of the problem and his explanation makes sense to me. Therefore I posted the whole code here in this thread and asked the Mods to update the link in the first post as it only contains the first part of {JT}'s code. That is also true for the PDF and the tutorial as far as I can see it.

Am I missing something?

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2007
    {JT} posted some additional code over here.
    DJ-S1 posted over here that only with the additional code he could get rid of the problem and his explanation makes sense to me. Therefore I posted the whole code here in this thread and asked the Mods to update the link in the first post as it only contains the first part of {JT}'s code. That is also true for the PDF and the tutorial as far as I can see it.

Am I missing something?

Sebastian
    Sebastian,

This is the correct code:
    if (YD.hasClass(document.body,'homepage') && !YD.hasClass(document.body,'galleries')) {
        loadSlideshow ();
    }

The code you show has has an extra ");" at the end. The above is correct. Our .pdf is correct as is JT's post here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=530041#post530041

Also the tutorial is correct.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2007
    Okay, got it.

Thanks Barb,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2007
    Okay, got it.

Thanks Barb,
    Sebastian

Sebastian, if you find we need to change it anywhere else, please please let us know! We want it to be right across the board. Thx!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2007
    Barb wrote:
    Sebastian, if you find we need to change it anywhere else, please please let us know! We want it to be right across the board. Thx!
    Maybe Andy should take it out of his quote of my post.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero