Options

Show us your business Card!

Comments

• Options
    Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    Front:

Back: 298130809_6i4nG-M.jpg

298130777_enTU8-M.jpg
    I know it is going against the whole "don't use the www part", but hay - this is Australia - and not just Australia, but ADELAIDE!! I had to show someone the other day (who had mobile broadband on her new schmic looking lap top) how to cut and paste something into Word ... so yes, I believe some people need to be told which one is the web address and which is email ... eek7.gifrolleyes1.gif

I think I'm the only photographer who doesn't have any actualy pictures on their business card ... headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gif

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,916 moderator
    edited May 19, 2008
    Hey Kate wave.gif

Nice job on the card. Simple, easy to understand. Gets the point across.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,459 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2008

I think I'm the only photographer who doesn't have any actualy pictures on their business card ... headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gif

I don't. :D

Have you actually printed this? I can hardly read your e-mail/www etc. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    achambersachambers Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2008
    299337418_P3A2D-M.jpg
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

"The point in life isn't to arrive at our final destination well preserved and in pristine condition, but rather to slide in sideways yelling.....Holy cow, what a ride."
  • Options
    Bill_PadorBill_Pador Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited May 22, 2008
    Mine were also done by Overnightprints.com and they did a wonderful job. I've used them the past 3 years on 4 different cards and have been happy with all of their services. Their quick, well priced and give you a quality product IMO

business-card-combo.jpg
    New Jersey Photographer
    Professional Photographers Association & National Photoshop Professionals Member
    www.billpador.com
  • Options
    sweet chilli phillysweet chilli philly Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 22, 2008
    Here's mine :)

2433354573_3db9f5971a.jpg
  • Options
    ILockertILockert Registered Users Posts: 129 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2008
    So I was told to get business cards
    2518320624_c2468a27f4.jpg

Any suggestions, I made it once sent it off and well you Could not read them bad color choices, so now im just going for the kinda plain but still alittle different. What do you think.

The back oif the card will have all my info.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2008
    I like the design and all....there are alot tha will say it needs to be in a certain font or an easy to read font.....but I really like things that re different in designs.....it should stand out from most.....
    but I would put all my info on the same side so the prospective client dosen't have to hunt for it.......I personally never turn the card over unless the front side has a notation telling to do so...then i hope to find prioces and such.....
    but that is hust me and my minisule opion.....worth a lot less................... than paid for....rolleyes1.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited May 24, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    I like the design and all....there are alot tha will say it needs to be in a certain font or an easy to read font.....but I really like things that re different in designs.....it should stand out from most.....
    but I would put all my info on the same side so the prospective client dosen't have to hunt for it.......I personally never turn the card over unless the front side has a notation telling to do so...then i hope to find prioces and such.....
    but that is hust me and my minisule opion.....worth a lot less................... than paid for....rolleyes1.gif

I tried everything on the front it just seemed to be to cluttered, Ive even played with the idea of taking the stuff on the bottom off. and im not sure why but I just love that text and im trying to make it work.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2008
    ILockert wrote:
    I tried everything on the front it just seemed to be to cluttered, Ive even played with the idea of taking the stuff on the bottom off. and im not sure why but I just love that text and im trying to make it work.

If you really like it then stick to your guns and see what the reaction to them is from clients.......It is a cool design as I said in previous post.......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    If you really like it then stick to your guns and see what the reaction to them is from clients.......It is a cool design as I said in previous post.......

Agreed, my design looks somewhat ominous on-screen. But I've heard from someone who doubted the design on screen but thought that as a card(where the light was reflective) it really works well. My cards so far have been a big hit(I keep winning those business card contests are restaurants and such). So stick with it! There are always going to be folks who do and don't like your work, no matter what you think of it.

Regards,
    Joe
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
    Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876
  • Options
    DizzleDizzle Registered Users Posts: 240 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2008

My cards don't have a photo on them. Heck, mine don't even have a phone number on them...my new ones anyway.

I have started doing a lot of club/dj/private parties and wasn't real cool with having my phone number being passed out to many "one drink to many" partiers. So I had a new card designed that is really simple, yet has been REALLY effective!!!!

When I shoot sports (mostly youth sports) I use my older cards that have my e-mail and phone listed.
    Dizzle
    DeNic Photography | Portfolio | Group Blog
    Canon 50D | 50 1.8 | 17-50 2.8 | 70-200 4L
  • Options
    edited May 24, 2008
    This is the back, again very simple and to the point.
    2519378306_ef9b50314f.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 24, 2008
    Finally decided on a design and had a printer shop print them on 16pt, gloss paper, no HV. They turned out fantastic...Thanks Jon! :D

'Hiker Dude' and my Business Card
    HikerDudeBusinessCard.jpg
  • Options
    dasPhotodasPhoto Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 25, 2008
    Comments/suggestions before I have printed...

BusinessCard1-rz.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2008
    dasPhoto wrote:
    Comments/suggestions before I have printed...

BusinessCard1-rz.jpg

Looks good,I was going to go that route but counldn't find a nikon camera or lens for the front of the card.
  • Options
    OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    This is my first crack at a business card. Would love your comments. I know I am missing my email, phone # ect....I'm just looking for layout at this time. Too busy???

Cheers,

Ryan

302811198_rqfTB-M.jpg
    Ryan Oakley - www.ryanoakleyphotography.ca [My smugmug site]
    www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
    Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2008
    Oakley wrote:
    This is my first crack at a business card. Would love your comments. I know I am missing my email, phone # ect....I'm just looking for layout at this time. Too busy???

Cheers,

Ryan

Yes, I think it's too busy and it doesn't look like a standard business card. Should be 2 x 3.5.
  • Options
    RhinotheruntRhinotherunt Registered Users Posts: 363 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    My play... not as good as many other's...
    303063471_vtYdU-O.jpg
    303064986_8JQwq-O.jpg
    or
    303497605_w3PUr-O.jpg
    Ryan McGill

My Gear
  • Options
    MooMommy24MooMommy24 Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited May 28, 2008
    David_S85 wrote:
    FYI - Avery makes available its Design Pro software free. I have an older copy that came with a pack of tear-off business cards, but it is also a free download (52MB) from their site. Well worth the price if you have a printer that is up to it.

Do you have a site link? I am interested in this program. I've been thinking about doing business cards, and have several ideas in mind, but need a program to bring them to life.

Thank you.
    ~Row.
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2008
    Yes, I think it's too busy and it doesn't look like a standard business card. Should be 2 x 3.5.

Another shot at it (idnore the "trail version" stuff)...

FRONT:
    303386726_gumLF-M.jpg
    BACK:
    303386705_CtFVE-M.jpg
    www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
    Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2008
    Oakley wrote:
    Another shot at it (idnore the "trail version" stuff)...

FRONT:
    BACK:

Much better. I think the font 'Papyrus' is over used IMO...but if you still must use it then why not use 'The Pupil Photography' in Papyrus font and use something different for the rest.
  • Options
    rsirotarsirota Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    Here is mine...
    Rob Sirota
    Web: www.robsirotaphotography.comwww.k9-pix.comwww.rsirota.com
    Nikon... All Nikon (D4/D810/Dƒ)
    ... OK I do have a PhaseOne 645DF+ w/IQ250
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2008
    Much better. I think the font 'Papyrus' is over used IMO...but if you still must use it then why not use 'The Pupil Photography' in Papyrus font and use something different for the rest.

Great advice. I removed all my Papyrus from my site - and my card.

Would love your thoughts on this new look:

www.thepupil.ca
  • Options
    TdcomptonTdcompton Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    Created the origional format in PS and used 4 Color USA for my printing and I am extremely pleased!! The customer service was great (as I had many questions and a few issues with thier website) and the cards are on heavy 16pt paper stock. They look great and I have recieved many comments on them...

The image is my own, taken while shooting US Coast Guard K9s on a private military training beach.
    C&C Welcomed

BizCardSample.jpg
  • Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    Oakley wrote:
    Great advice. I removed all my Papyrus from my site - and my card.

Would love your thoughts on this new look:

www.thepupil.ca

clap.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    slevin11slevin11 Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    a question about paper
    I am thinking about making a business card that is a full size image or set of images on one side and like a regular business card with logo on the other side. That way its kinda like a mini portfolio of mine.

First of all because of the standards I have set above I was thinking about going with a 2 side printable card that is glossy on one side matte on the other. Or glossy on both sides.

Does anyone know of a good paper for this? The closest thing I can see out there is the Avery preforated inkjet cards. I was trying to avoid the whole preforated thing though. Im picky but in my opinion it can look taky if not done right.
    smugmug nickname: apointofviewimages
    markmwilson22@aol.com
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    slevin11 wrote:
    I am thinking about making a business card that is a full size image or set of images on one side and like a regular business card with logo on the other side. That way its kinda like a mini portfolio of mine.

First of all because of the standards I have set above I was thinking about going with a 2 side printable card that is glossy on one side matte on the other. Or glossy on both sides.

Does anyone know of a good paper for this? The closest thing I can see out there is the Avery preforated inkjet cards. I was trying to avoid the whole preforated thing though. Im picky but in my opinion it can look taky if not done right.

Sounds like you need to hire a professional.
  • Options
    slevin11slevin11 Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    Oakley wrote:
    Sounds like you need to hire a professional.

Ya, I think you are right.
    smugmug nickname: apointofviewimages
    markmwilson22@aol.com
  • Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2008
    jdryan3 wrote:
    Wouldn't Ginger be proud this thread is up to 1000 replies? wings.gif

I think she would. I've enjoyed a good number of the ones shown here. And finally did my own... 1/2 of it is formulaic, based on the company template, half of it was me having fun. (Went through a number of trials, and printed several here at home and hand cut them before sending off for a box.)

331400195_xhCQX-M.jpg
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/