Options

Show us your business Card!

Comments

• Options
    davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    IMHO:
    Font size is way to small use at least 10pt. Bigger is better, try for 14pt. Design is nice.
    Idlewild wrote:
    Here's one I thought about giving a try:

ambiaperturecard.jpg?t=1218502476
  • Options
    Danna CSDanna CS Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited September 5, 2008
  • Options
    CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    Well, here's mine. Sat down and 3 hours later had these .TIF's sent to overnight prints.

Nice. But it's "neither... nor." Ouch.
  • Options
    chuckicechuckice Registered Users Posts: 400 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2008
    Front
    307357620_y3qqF-M.jpg

Back
    307357609_JTbqk-M.jpg
    Charles
    http://www.SnortingBullPhoto.com
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/cherskowitz
    "There's no reason to hurry on this climb...as long as you keep the tempo at the right speed the riders will fall back."
  • Options
    blprophotoblprophoto Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited September 6, 2008
    Card Request
    Buisness Card
  • Options
    OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    I thought this would be appropriate for this thread.

The following is from the Atlanta Journal Constitution...

============================

Business cards a small but important part of marketing your company (or yourself)
    By Laura Raines

For ajcjobs

Sunday, August 31, 2008

It may be the smallest tool in your marketing arsenal, but don’t overlook the power of the business card. It says a lot more than you think.

When Nathan Ross Martin hands his business card to a prospective client or business associate, he’s looking for the “wow” factor.

Link to original text...

http://www.ajc.com/hotjobs/content/hotjobs/careercenter/articles/2008/08/31/business_cards.html
    Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    321513489_piw9g-M.jpg

The back says "Its a Philosophy of the eye" in same style as in banner of my website
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2008
    Tashido,

Not bad, I like the little camera, but if it were me, for the small print, I would use a more ledgable font.

Thanks for bringing this thread back up. I finally have one myself. To simple?

339305189_hna9j-M-4.jpg
    Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.
  • Options
    Highsee3Highsee3 Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited October 2, 2008
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    I'm going for super simple and elegant. Yes? No? Maybe?

front
    389965066_Z8wpv-S.jpg

back
    389965079_o3EA8-S.jpg
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    I'm going for super simple and elegant. Yes? No? Maybe?

i believe you accomplished your goal with this card.
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
    - my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
    - follow me on twitter: @danginphoto
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2008
    dangin wrote:
    i believe you accomplished your goal with this card.

Thank you!
    Elaine

• Options
    dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    Thank you!

perhaps it's just me but it looks like the image has been changed since i responded to your post. the card is now lacking contact info.

i know there are some out there that believe in handwriting their phone # or email onto the card. i personally think it's nuts. so, i'd personally advise getting some sort of contact info on it.
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
    - my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
    - follow me on twitter: @danginphoto
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2008
    dangin wrote:
    perhaps it's just me but it looks like the image has been changed since i responded to your post. the card is now lacking contact info.

i know there are some out there that believe in handwriting their phone # or email onto the card. i personally think it's nuts. so, i'd personally advise getting some sort of contact info on it.

Nope. The image hasn't changed. Knowing the purpose for these cards, I feel the web address is enough. I may be convinced to add email, but that's enough for me. Thanks again for your input!
    Elaine

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    My current card
    DRcardFront.jpg

DRcardBack.jpg

Fairly sweet and simple.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    darklightphotographydarklightphotography Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    New card
    Here's my first card. Hopefully good enough to attract enough punters to pay for the print run, at least.

390561239_6dVT8-M.jpg

390561281_537gt-M.jpg

Comments / criticism welcome.
  • Options
    MWWestonMWWeston Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    Card
    381212848_LSj68-S.jpg381212963_vgbs3-S.jpg

• Options
    JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2008
    I Simonius wrote:
    Whilst I like the image on the front I feel it says nothing about your photography i.e. how does it relate to 'flipography'?/ - how does it portray the 'crazy, impertinent etc.. it appears to do the opposite.. i.e. suggest 'demure, safe, pretty'?

FWIWmwink.gif

I thought a bit about this and decided to change my card up a little.

Here's the old card front:
    235519850_pgnSH-M-3.png

Here's a new one to reflect the concept of flipping out (flipography):
    394521704_bTj48-M.jpg

394521753_jwGt2-M.jpg

What do you folks think? I realize that some of the alignments aren't perfect. I'll fix that stuff if I decide I want to keep this one. Honest feedback! :D
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Options
    slrshooterslrshooter Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2008
    Here's my first card. Hopefully good enough to attract enough punters to pay for the print run, at least.

390561239_6dVT8-M.jpg

390561281_537gt-M.jpg

Comments / criticism welcome.

Kevin,

I can't imagine giving this card to someone who is considering you for an event such as a wedding, sports (say a soccer mom), business meeting, etc. Other than that, I like the card.
    Norm (SLRShooter)
    Nikon shooter since 1965
  • Options
    darklightphotographydarklightphotography Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2008
    slrshooter wrote:
    Kevin,

I can't imagine giving this card to someone who is considering you for an event such as a wedding, sports (say a soccer mom), business meeting, etc. Other than that, I like the card.

Thanks for the opinion Norm. I probably should have noted that my target market is portrait work, and the events I have been shooting are tribal /gothic / middle eastern dance related where I think this design should appeal. I toyed with the idea of putting a variety of images on the card, but they end up way too small to be any use. Landscape / nature is what I want to shoot, but portraits etc provide a better income, at least where I am.

I think I will design an alternate card (or two) with the same front but with a different image/background color, and the same back to suit alternate markets.

Cheers

Kevin
  • Options
    slrshooterslrshooter Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2008
    Thanks for the opinion Norm. I probably should have noted that my target market is portrait work, and the events I have been shooting are tribal /gothic / middle eastern dance related where I think this design should appeal. I toyed with the idea of putting a variety of images on the card, but they end up way too small to be any use. Landscape / nature is what I want to shoot, but portraits etc provide a better income, at least where I am.

I think I will design an alternate card (or two) with the same front but with a different image/background color, and the same back to suit alternate markets.

Cheers

Kevin

Aaaah, now it makes sense and I understand why you whould have that card. But a more sedate card could be handed out to families who want a portrait or two made to send to Grandma retired in Florida.:D
    Norm (SLRShooter)
    Nikon shooter since 1965
  • Options
    lfortierlfortier Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2008
    I've been using this version for a while. It's from Little Hunter's Beach in Acadia National Park.
    395636605_ygZkZ-L-1.jpg
  • Options
    IBJCIBJC Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2008
    business card
    Here is mine......I top one is the front of the card.

Love sports, can you tell??? The back of the card is in grey but I think the next time I will do color...and on the front my email address will be in blue like on my site.

www.imagesbyjeniferclark.com

f1f95w.jpg
    I'm off to shoot something I'm sure......:skippy
    Jen aka IBJC
    My Site
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2008
    Time for a new biz card. I'm in the (slow) process of updating and unifying my design scheme. Have a look:

397324502_QaCGp-XL.jpg

The back will be white and I'll be able to write any additional info on it as required.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    areed145areed145 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2008
    Silver Concho Photography
    397609618_9KFbm-L.jpg

397609724_6QjKo-L.jpg

These pretty much mimic the feel of my site. I hope they aren't too busy. Also I was hoping I could get some opinions of whether or not my site should include the list of galleries on the home page. I feel like it is cumbersome for the average person browsing to see all the galleries since they are subdivided in the navbar, but I do think it is cleaner looking without the galleries listed. Let me know!
  • Options
    jpforrestjpforrest Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 20, 2008
    My business card
    Here is my business card that I did a few years ago for class.

The only thing I don't like about it is the glow doesn't go above the top of the lightbulb.
  • Options
    chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    I used VistaPrint, good price, good quality.
    400631715_JCodr-M-0.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2008
    Chris,

Normally I don't care for cards with photos on them, but this one works real well. I bet it looks great on glossy stock.

What font is that?
  • Options
    chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    OhEddie wrote:
    Chris,

Normally I don't care for cards with photos on them, but this one works real well. I bet it looks great on glossy stock.

What font is that?

Thanks, Eddie. I did get it in glossy and it turned out well. The font is Zapfino, it comes installed on Macs, not sure about PCs.
    Chris